Kelly Services
2,788 reviews

Kelly Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent support, professional services.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 4, 2013
Pros: flexible hours/days
Cons: dependant upon customer requirements
Provides temporary (to permanent) employment suited to your skills. Gives the opportunity for many great job-related experiences.
Abusive workplace, didn't invite temps to company barbeque.
Office Cler (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 1, 2013
Pros: no pros.
Cons: low wages, staff abusive towards temps. all 3 temps were excluded from a company lunch. nasty!!
I was told by Kelly Services that I would be doing data entry. They lied. All I did was print reports. That's it. All day long. Staff treated temps abusively. After one month, the recruiter left a msg on my cell phone telling me my services were no longer required. Still don't know what I did wrong. Recruiter won't talk to me .... refuses to put me – more... out on another assignment. – less
My second agency in Canada.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2013
The employment coordinators are very helpful, kind and patient to new comers.
Productive and fun place to work
Admin Assistant for IS - KRAFT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2013
Pros: flexible work ours and work from home options once a week or when needed
Cons: was a short contract.
The work enviornment and people i worked with were very friendly and knowlegdeable.
Given the ability to learn beyond the assignment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 26, 2013
Pros: choice of assignement
Cons: temporary wor
Kelly Services is a temporary agency, that contracted its employees to other business's on a temporary basis. I enjoyed working at each assignment I was given, the people are very friendly and often allow you to work outside you given contract to advance my knowledge of business practices.
Job placement agency
Various positions (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 2, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: downtime
If you are looking to work wherever this is for you. The staffing agency were great people and the odd jobs were fine as well. The jobs never had a hard part to them at all. The only downside was sometimes you would go a while without work simply because there were too many people looking as well and the jobs were dry.
It was good for the time needed
Temporary clerical assignments (Former Employee), AuroraJune 14, 2013
Pros: earned money
Cons: far to travel
I worked for Kelly Services on an assignment with State Farm processing claims - data entry. It was a very repetitive job inserting information regarding claims. The job was too far away from my home and would prefer to work in Barrie.
Productive and fun work environment.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Pros: great lunch room, with tea and coffee for staff.
Cons: n/a
Kelly Services is a well organized and functional staffing agency. Aiding people all around the world find suitable employment, and connecting great employees with great employers. Kelly Services was a fun and exciting place to learn about the field of recruitment.
Alternate Root
On-Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Brantford, OntarioMay 14, 2013
My job at Alternate Root was grading tobacco as it came down the conveyor belt.
This job was seasonal in nature. I had the opportunity to work with the same crew for 5 years. We had the opportunity to develop a really good working relationship with one another.
Our day would start between 6:30 am to 7:00 am. The hardest part of this work would be the – more... long days when we would encounter a bad kiln filled with mold. This would involve all of us tearing off the mold off every leaf when the kiln was bad. However, because I worked with the best crew, the day was made bearable. The best part of the job would be when we had a really good kiln and be done within 3-4 hours. – less
Great work placement
Administration Assistant & Dispatcher (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBMay 13, 2013
I enjoyed being in charge of the front desk, greeting and helping out other employees when needed. It was a very high volume working place and very friendly.
Contract - Administrative Support Roles
General Office Assistant (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONMay 12, 2013
Pros: the variety of different work environments and people.
Cons: travelling, variable pay rates
Provided Administrative Support to Employers on a contract basis.
I learned a variety of administrative roles on a beginner/intermediate basis such as: Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Filing Clerk, Data Entry Clerk, Dicta Typing Clerk, Catalogue/MicroFisching Clerk,
Worst company I ever worked for.
IT Support (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 8, 2013
Pros: i can afford to eat
Cons: low pay and many payroll errors.
In the last 40 years, I've worked for many companies, but I've never dreaded payday until I started with Kelly. I've lost track of the number of times they messed up my paycheque. Errors included depositing my pay to the wrong account several times, getting paid late and not getting paid for statutory holidays. The company they placed me with is great, – more... and they're the only reason I've tolerated Kelly for this long, but I think I might be walking soon. – less
I enjoyed working with Kelly Services but have been out of the work force for awhile and my keyboarding skills are not totallly up to par
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaMarch 25, 2013
I would totally love to get back on with Kelly Services they helped me get work on term and permanent.
Suitable for finding temporary assignments!
Contract Worker (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 22, 2013
Pros: diverse assignments
Cons: not a steady source of full time employment
Overall a positive company to work for with a wide range of assignments. The people there are friendly and accommodating within the confines of each contract.
Great Sidejob!
Installer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 13, 2013
Pros: you can work when you want to work
The work is all done after the business' close. I really haven't learnt much as the work is pretty straight forward as installations go. All of the people that I have met through Kelly have been really nice and supportive of each other.
Busy and fun with team players
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: very versatile
Cons: on call
Interesting and innovative, enjoyed dealing with clients/customers and technicians on a daily basis. Managed , coodinated schedules, payroll.
Temp agency no benefits
Computer Operator/Analyst (Current Employee), Winnipeg,MB ( IBM )January 31, 2013
Temp agency no benefits. Decent hourly pay but 4 of 8 weeks only get 34 hrs
Good Clerical Experiences
Temp (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good clerical positions
Cons: it was difficult to get something else after i spoke to (that lady one day, relieved me of all association)
The positions I received were all a new day;

I enjoyed most of them;

I met with a few nice people;
Staffing Consultant
Senior Staffing Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2013
Developed strong relationship with applicants and hiring managers.
Filled an average of 10 positions a week (team leading).
Over 95% of my candidates were hired permanent by client.
Good production job
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: great experience
a good manfacturing job , I learned a lot from this job and met many people who are professional

About Kelly Services

Kelly Services, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Troy, Michigan, offering services that include temporary staffing – Read more