Kelly Services Employee Reviews in Canada

I learned a lot
Accounting/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Everyone was very friendly. \I learned a lot working for this company. Sad to leave there, it was only a temp job to get them over Christmas.
Liked the work
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  OakvilleJuly 13, 2015
It was a typical packaging job until I was promoted but the plant closed. If it didn't close I was on a fast track to permanent status.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lengthy promotion process
A rewarding Customer Service Position
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ONSeptember 8, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed placing orders for our product and working hard to achieve my stats for the day. I also enjoyed upsaleing our products.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not much room for growth
fun to work even i don't even work yet.
data entry operator (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontarioJune 11, 2015
A lot of good people and fun to be with and we are in good team work and leadership to finished the work on time always.The people here are very welcoming and friendly.
Pros
free breakfast and complimentary drinks like soda or coffee
Cons
less over time to have more time in family
Temp agency no benefits
Computer Operator/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB ( IBM )January 31, 2013
Temp agency no benefits. Decent hourly pay but 4 of 8 weeks only get 34 hrs
Clerical jobs (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ontarioMarch 30, 2015
I possess excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational and problem solving skills combined with the ability to work effectively within a team environment. I can grasp concepts quickly and manage any situations while under pressure. My Excellent Computer skill and customer services skills are first come for my office duties. Preparing daily, monthly and Annual reports are some of my duties too.
Pros
No need lunch break
Cons
I like to work (Able to work) Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Productive and fun place to work.
Data Entry Temp. Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB. Canada.October 30, 2012
Have to be productive to lift boxes to do data entry. I learned how to read well Numbers and information. The management was very good and co-workers were helpfull too. Their wasn't any hard part on the job. The enjoyable part of the job was that my manager had condifance with my work that I will finish the work within the time frame. I was able to do so. I had achived my managers & I had the same goal.
Pros
helpfull staff to work with. i would love to get that kind of a job.
Cons
no long hours.
Great experience gained
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Union StationFebruary 4, 2015
Typical Day at work:
Taking phone calls, greeting customers

What I've learnt:
To use excel, how to schedule meetings

Management:
Great, managers are friendly and easy to get along with

Co-workers:
Are friendly and nice. Takes good care of me and helps me out when I just started.

Hardest part:
Had to sit 8 hours in front of a computer. More of a moving around and being busy all day kind of person.

Most enjoyable part:
Got to know new people
Pros
downtown- convenient and subway accessible.
Cons
had to sit 8 hours in front of a computer.
No work but they advertise
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 19, 2015
I worked for Kelly & did not find that they were very helpful after your assignments were finished.
They pretty well just forget about their contract workers if you complain about anything.
I had to wait 4 months for a ROE and after several phone calls, finally got it submitted.
Not a lot of communication among the coordinators.
Pros
Got paid weekly
Cons
no support after assignments, no work
Very productive consider employees work on their behalf to make sure match them for positions where they can be and do their best.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 23, 2015
One of the things with this agency was that they always made sure you were working, if they had the jobs. It found work to keep you active as many hours that you wanted to work.
I was very happy to be employed through Kelly's
Long Term Administrative Assignments (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2013
I was hired on by Information Technology Institute in a long term assignment. I worked in the admmin department and aafte a short few months was hired on full time. I slowly built myself up the corporate ladder, and became Student Services Coordinator. but in 1997 due to expanding and opening two schools in the States they went in to receivership and I lost my job. I have upgraded my skill set in MS office for the workplace and am also taking an online Diploma Course in Webpage Design, to be finished in late July of this year 2013. I would be interested in rejoining the Kelly team.
Pros
there was growth in iti.
Cons
the long hours
Double Incentives
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  St CatharinesAugust 4, 2015
it is a temporary agency.
Whenever work is needed.
they were sure to provide.

the hardest part of the job was the repetitive task.
Very productive and fast paced environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 1, 2012
From Monday to Wednesday it was extremely busy, having to meet deadlines for payroll, checking accuracey to ensure all employees were paid correctly. I learned to work closely with my co-workers giving my input when needed. My most difficult part of the job was having to do long enquiries that never seem to end. And the most enjoyable was when you know that every one was happy and relaxed to know that the payroll for the week went well and employees were paid.
Pros
was able to supervise and manage my own time in a responsible manner, which was a great accomplishment.
Cons
long hours and fast pasted to meet deadlines in a timely manner
Co-workers
Customer Master Pricing Professional (CMPP) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 29, 2015
I work within a team of 13 people and really couldn't ask for a better group to spend my day with. Everyone gets along great and you can be sure you will laugh throughout the day
Pros
Safety
Cons
no cons great company
Packing food with fast speed
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONDecember 2, 2014
I remember when i was there to pack a product ,about that product i did not know how to pack,it was natural product for animals.After few minutes i got to know how to do it.It was good experience

I have learn that how to work in a fast pace environment

Co -workers was so co-operative and helpful

lifting heavy weight sometimes example making pallets

Team meeting before starting every shifts was so enjoyable` .
Pros
flexible sechdule
Provided Excellent Placements - And Great Match
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioJuly 6, 2012
A typical day at work is a combination of routine tasks but a variety of tasks.

I have enjoyed learning new company systems and being able to work fairly independantly, yet in a supportive role. I have also enjoyed working with Managers that have clear directives, and a very good understanding of the proceedures and job tasks of their employees.

A great group. Work hard, but always easy to find some humour, and easy to look forward to going to work each day.
Pros
pizza days and bbq's, summer hours or flex hours
Cons
sometimes the air conditioning is a bit cold, nothing a sweater doesn't solve!
Temp work used like toilet paper
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 15, 2014
Was ok at first. Kelly services screwed up my work schedule several times causing me to be dismissed by one employer. Worked for a dairy company on my next assignment. Was sexually harassed by a worker for for the dairy company. I complained about it and was dismissed by dairy company. Kelly services did nothing to protect my rights and was released by Kelly services. Was used like a peice toilet paper. Far to many people willing to be treated like that thinking they will be hired permanently by an employer. I was able to get into second careers and took a heavy equipment coarse. I am now making $40 / hour. Kelly services sucks. I would not work for the leaches again
Cons
low pay
Good for short term work
Safety Program Sustainment Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Good for short term work. If you get on with the right company can lead to something fruitful and help pave the way to an enjoyable career.
Average Tempoary Employment Service
Production Line Worker (Occasional) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 5, 2012
On an average day I would work with metal or plastic filling bending machines or working on a molding machine. test, tag, and box parts. I believe I learned you need to have fast movents and keen eyes. The management is decent they were usually nice and easy going. I found the co-workers were nice at times but some were quite rude depending on the temporay placement. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the real employees of the factories not the employees through the temp. service. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a few good giggles with some of the good people of the factories this temp. service deals with. All around it is a decent place for people to start their working life.
Fun place to work
Inventory/Filing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, New BrunswickNovember 20, 2014
Every one was a joy to work and very very helpful. Staff was very helpful. Fun and happy place to work every was very well educated not only in their own field but very knowledge in other areas as well. Ours days were from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and the management and co-workers were all very helpful in helping out in any area where you may have a problem. There were really no hard part about the job except maybe being a contract working and never really knowing how long the job would last