Kelly Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Co-workers
Customer Master Pricing Professional (CMPP) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 29, 2015
I work within a team of 13 people and really couldn't ask for a better group to spend my day with. Everyone gets along great and you can be sure you will laugh throughout the day
Pros
Safety
Cons
no cons great company
Fun place to work
Inventory/Filing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, New BrunswickNovember 20, 2014
Every one was a joy to work and very very helpful. Staff was very helpful. Fun and happy place to work every was very well educated not only in their own field but very knowledge in other areas as well. Ours days were from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and the management and co-workers were all very helpful in helping out in any area where you may have a problem. There were really no hard part about the job except maybe being a contract working and never really knowing how long the job would last
Standard Job Placement Agency
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 5, 2014
Kelly Staffing Services is a typical job placement agency. They'll find you a placement if it's in their best interest to do so, but don't expect much else. I was able to find a long term temporary position through them, but the job was quite different than expected. I was moved around to different positions within the company with no warning. My workload was huge, I didn't have any support for help and at times I wasn't able to take breaks in order to finished everything. My work hours were changed. I was expected to train permanent employees when I myself was still temporary and wasn't getting any company benefits and being paid less than the people I was training. I relayed some of my concerns to Kelly Staffing and they weren't very receptive. I got the impression that I since I had a job I should just be happy with what I was given. I left after a few months and did not try to seek further employment through the agency. They never contacted me to ask my reasons for leaving.
Pros
good way to find work and gain new experience, paid weekly
Cons
not helpful, no benefits or paid time off
Packing food with fast speed
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONDecember 2, 2014
I remember when i was there to pack a product ,about that product i did not know how to pack,it was natural product for animals.After few minutes i got to know how to do it.It was good experience

I have learn that how to work in a fast pace environment

Co -workers was so co-operative and helpful

lifting heavy weight sometimes example making pallets

Team meeting before starting every shifts was so enjoyable` .
Pros
flexible sechdule
Fun place
Onsite Coordinator-TransCanada (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 1, 2014
face paced environment
learnt a lot
Management was ok
great co-workers
lots of volume of work
my co workers
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Loved the alternating positions but not always available hours for temps
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 5, 2015
A typical day would be shown a line and a specific task to do. All tasks were relatively easy however, the lines brake down quite often and only being a temp - I would not end up with a full 40 hours shift causing me to look for other work.
Pros
Discounts on household products
Cons
Needed more hours
Temp work used like toilet paper
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 15, 2014
Was ok at first. Kelly services screwed up my work schedule several times causing me to be dismissed by one employer. Worked for a dairy company on my next assignment. Was sexually harassed by a worker for for the dairy company. I complained about it and was dismissed by dairy company. Kelly services did nothing to protect my rights and was released by Kelly services. Was used like a peice toilet paper. Far to many people willing to be treated like that thinking they will be hired permanently by an employer. I was able to get into second careers and took a heavy equipment coarse. I am now making $40 / hour. Kelly services sucks. I would not work for the leaches again
Cons
low pay
temp work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of packing products and boxes.

I enjoyed the people I worked with.

It was a friendly place to work
Order DCP
Order DCP (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 14, 2012
-Kelly Services contractor on placement with Exxon Mobil
-Responsible for entering, monitoring and troubleshooting customer orders
-Key interfaces with customer, employees, sales representatives, operations, external
-Responsible for coordinating with other functions to ensure customer issues are resolved
-First point of contact for order related information
-Maintain strong business relationships with assigned customers
-Develop basic understanding of Lube & Specialty products and processes
-Monitoring customer volume caps during price change activities
-First point of contact for customer complaints and claims
-Carry out all the above responsibilities with high degree of autonomy
Pros
monday-friday position
Cons
low salary, no benefits, no vacation
I was very happy to be employed through Kelly's
Long Term Administrative Assignments (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2013
I was hired on by Information Technology Institute in a long term assignment. I worked in the admmin department and aafte a short few months was hired on full time. I slowly built myself up the corporate ladder, and became Student Services Coordinator. but in 1997 due to expanding and opening two schools in the States they went in to receivership and I lost my job. I have upgraded my skill set in MS office for the workplace and am also taking an online Diploma Course in Webpage Design, to be finished in late July of this year 2013. I would be interested in rejoining the Kelly team.
Pros
there was growth in iti.
Cons
the long hours
Average Tempoary Employment Service
Production Line Worker (Occasional) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 5, 2012
On an average day I would work with metal or plastic filling bending machines or working on a molding machine. test, tag, and box parts. I believe I learned you need to have fast movents and keen eyes. The management is decent they were usually nice and easy going. I found the co-workers were nice at times but some were quite rude depending on the temporay placement. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the real employees of the factories not the employees through the temp. service. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a few good giggles with some of the good people of the factories this temp. service deals with. All around it is a decent place for people to start their working life.
Cool guys to work with
ES&S crew member (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABMay 24, 2015
12 hour shift day or night, truck checks, plant walk throughs, training in texas, on going training, rescue plan making.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
contractors vs full time
It gave me a great foot in the Door
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton NBMay 10, 2015
I did not enjoy working for AOL but Purolator was ok. I did not feel I could expand here. Reasons I left. It was a temp job and helped pay the bills. I moved on to next thing and was diagnosed with MS
Job security was always there.
Admin Assist/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsAugust 16, 2012
Recording meeting minutes; preparing schedule of client appointments for upper management; typing letters, preparing reports and spreadsheets for review; greeting clients, setting appointments, answering phone lines.

I learned to be very patient; accept the days blessings and work the days short comings to come up with a workable solution for everyone.

My co-workers had many differant personalities, but I was always able to work closely and efficiently with all of them.

Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and clients.
Pros
wonderful co worker dispostions
Very productive and fast paced environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 1, 2012
From Monday to Wednesday it was extremely busy, having to meet deadlines for payroll, checking accuracey to ensure all employees were paid correctly. I learned to work closely with my co-workers giving my input when needed. My most difficult part of the job was having to do long enquiries that never seem to end. And the most enjoyable was when you know that every one was happy and relaxed to know that the payroll for the week went well and employees were paid.
Pros
was able to supervise and manage my own time in a responsible manner, which was a great accomplishment.
Cons
long hours and fast pasted to meet deadlines in a timely manner
Provided Excellent Placements - And Great Match
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioJuly 6, 2012
A typical day at work is a combination of routine tasks but a variety of tasks.

I have enjoyed learning new company systems and being able to work fairly independantly, yet in a supportive role. I have also enjoyed working with Managers that have clear directives, and a very good understanding of the proceedures and job tasks of their employees.

A great group. Work hard, but always easy to find some humour, and easy to look forward to going to work each day.
Pros
pizza days and bbq's, summer hours or flex hours
Cons
sometimes the air conditioning is a bit cold, nothing a sweater doesn't solve!
Looking for an Oppertunity in Recruitment and Sales
Staffing consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2015
I was primarily responsible for taking care of light industrial, Oil & Gas and Banking positions and help out when needed with administrative roles. I am ready and willing to relocate and travel for work.
Excellent for contract work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 15, 2013
I had the pleasure of being a temp for Kelly Services in two different Canadian cities. I found both locations to be equally friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I found the application and testing process relevant and efficient. A placement was found for me very quickly and there weren't any shortages of placements thereafter. I really liked the way pay was handled, being paid weekly was a definite perk! Temping is a great way to gain experience and skills and to find a career. I'd definitely recommend Kelly Services.
Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  MississaugaApril 28, 2014
Working for Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services 6 Yrs
No advancement
No Growth
No Bonus
No Paid Sick Days
No Personal days
Joined on 4 MONTHS TEMP contract and its 6 YRS still working at same position. Every day my part time job is to find a new job.

my colleagues worked 10 YRS TEMP thought they will going to be PERMANENT Finally GAVE UP and LEFT.
Good Luck working at NISSAN CANADA FINANCE HEAD QUARTERS.
Cons
no advancement no bonus no personal days no paid sick days
Comfortable place to work.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Comfortable place to work. Management is knowledgeable and helpful.
Pros
employment
Cons
temporary