Kelly Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Was placed primarily at Yazaki
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 10, 2015
Yazaki uses temp employees in rework because the work flow is unpredictable. In repack the work is more consistent and using temps allows the company to avoid paying benefits.
Cool guys to work with
ES&S crew member (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABMay 24, 2015
12 hour shift day or night, truck checks, plant walk throughs, training in texas, on going training, rescue plan making.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
contractors vs full time
No work but they advertise
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 19, 2015
I worked for Kelly & did not find that they were very helpful after your assignments were finished.
They pretty well just forget about their contract workers if you complain about anything.
I had to wait 4 months for a ROE and after several phone calls, finally got it submitted.
Not a lot of communication among the coordinators.
Pros
Got paid weekly
Cons
no support after assignments, no work
It gave me a great foot in the Door
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton NBMay 10, 2015
I did not enjoy working for AOL but Purolator was ok. I did not feel I could expand here. Reasons I left. It was a temp job and helped pay the bills. I moved on to next thing and was diagnosed with MS
Loved the alternating positions but not always available hours for temps
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 5, 2015
A typical day would be shown a line and a specific task to do. All tasks were relatively easy however, the lines brake down quite often and only being a temp - I would not end up with a full 40 hours shift causing me to look for other work.
Pros
Discounts on household products
Cons
Needed more hours
Good for short term work
Safety Program Sustainment Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Good for short term work. If you get on with the right company can lead to something fruitful and help pave the way to an enjoyable career.
Looking for an Oppertunity in Recruitment and Sales
Staffing consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2015
I was primarily responsible for taking care of light industrial, Oil & Gas and Banking positions and help out when needed with administrative roles. I am ready and willing to relocate and travel for work.
Clerical jobs (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ontarioMarch 30, 2015
I possess excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational and problem solving skills combined with the ability to work effectively within a team environment. I can grasp concepts quickly and manage any situations while under pressure. My Excellent Computer skill and customer services skills are first come for my office duties. Preparing daily, monthly and Annual reports are some of my duties too.
Pros
No need lunch break
Cons
I like to work (Able to work) Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Productive, Helpful, Caring
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 19, 2015
I can work both on weekdays and week-ends. I am really helpful and caring towards my staff. According to me no job is hard or easy.
One of my dream job
Production Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, ONMarch 12, 2015
It was my one of dream job where i was working on contract. Kelly Services is very straight forward job agency who takes care of their client very nicely.
Job changes constantly depending whose incharge
Certified Cook (Former Employee) –  TrentonMarch 11, 2015
80% of the workers were Professional and Good to work with, The others are bad apples, feel a sense of entitlement, lots of back biting, over paid unionized government workers who have got doing as little as possible while keeping there job down to a science.
no frills contracting company
Senior ID Administration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2015
I do not have much to say about Kelly Services. They got me my first IT job, but the pay was below standard and there were very few opportunities for advancement. Management was left to IBM and agents could be let go before their contract period expired, with contracts only being renewed annually. A typical day was just coming in, working as hard as we can and then going home at the end of our shift.
Great experience gained
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Union StationFebruary 4, 2015
Typical Day at work:
Taking phone calls, greeting customers

What I've learnt:
To use excel, how to schedule meetings

Management:
Great, managers are friendly and easy to get along with

Co-workers:
Are friendly and nice. Takes good care of me and helps me out when I just started.

Hardest part:
Had to sit 8 hours in front of a computer. More of a moving around and being busy all day kind of person.

Most enjoyable part:
Got to know new people
Pros
downtown- convenient and subway accessible.
Cons
had to sit 8 hours in front of a computer.
Great place Great people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 23, 2015
For a temporary placement company they have been great. Could not ask for a better treatment . Enjoyed working wherever I was placed.
Ok if you are fine with losing
Help Desk Technician II (Former Employee) –  IBM MarkhamJanuary 20, 2015
The place was great, same with the people, but you always have an expiry date when you work there.
Comfortable place to work.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Comfortable place to work. Management is knowledgeable and helpful.
Pros
employment
Cons
temporary
no future
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Remove filled containers from conveyors
Manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
Clean work areas and equipment, Feed and unload processing machines
Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
company don't hired
co-workers very helpful and friendly
hardest part: rotating 12 hour shift's
Pros
good organized company
Cons
don't hired
Packing food with fast speed
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONDecember 2, 2014
I remember when i was there to pack a product ,about that product i did not know how to pack,it was natural product for animals.After few minutes i got to know how to do it.It was good experience

I have learn that how to work in a fast pace environment

Co -workers was so co-operative and helpful

lifting heavy weight sometimes example making pallets

Team meeting before starting every shifts was so enjoyable` .
Pros
flexible sechdule
Cons
Got a physical disability? Well don't tell them.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 27, 2014
After about 3 months working at Ferrero I mentioned to Kelly's that I had scoliosis, something I can't really do anything about. They decided to cancel my shifts and stop calling me all together. Discriminating, disrespectful, and horrible people. Don't ever go to Kelly's. Go to Randstad, never had a problem with them yet.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
IBM Technical Support Analyst- Pros & Cons
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 23, 2014
Worked at the Markham location.I provided technical support (Tech Connect) at IBM for Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney in 2012. Not sure if the account is still there since they were in the process of migrating the call center to Colorado/India.

Pros: You definitely learn a lot since it was the first point of contact for ALL issues. Supported XP/'7, Office Suite,Outlook, Hardware(Mouse/Keyboard/Scanners/Printers/Projectors/etc...), Financial Software, Internet Connectivity, Account creations, Password Resets, IMAC requests,How-to's, & much much more.
There was always something new coming up so you need to pay attention.

Team Leads/Kelly Service Representative/Co-workers: The people I worked with were fine. They would try to the best of their ability to help you, answer your questions, and was very understanding. Co-workers I was surrounded with were cool people. Once in a while we would get pizza/cake/snacks to keep the morale up. However, this is all based on my personal experience.

Training was sufficient. It was primarily getting you familiar with the terms, software you'll use, and shadowing other call center agents. The real learning comes when you're actually on the phones.

Nice building, free parking and close to a Chinese plaza; although by the time you get there and order half of your lunch time is already gone since you get 30 minutes only. I would usually eat in between calls and use the 30 minutes to walk outside to clear my mind.

Pay- $14.26/hr. It's better than minimum wage but lower than if IBM hired you. It's to be expected since you're a contractor. All I can
  more... say in this economy, it is what it is.

The Job- Since it is a call center, it will feel like it's soul crushing. Some days you will wonder why are there so many calls and will they ever stop although this is why you have the job in the first place. I supported working professional so it is at least better than the general public. I've worked there for a year and which is like senior level in terms of call center. I've seen so many people get burnt out and leave only after a couple of weeks.Stressful, boring, and always looking towards Friday.

Promotion- in terms of pay increase, rarely. If there is, it will only be 1-2 dollars if that. In terms of responsibility, yes if you do well enough on the phones they will probably have you do other support. Don't hold your breath.

Pace- they want to you to resolve calls under 10 minutes although most of the time it will go over due to the plethora of issues and difficulty.

It's a call center job so, don't hope for any kind of overhaul or significant changes happening.

Main objective is to get experience and money to find something better or closer to what you want to do.