Kelly Services Employee Reviews

good company for temp workers
temp worker (Former Employee) –  brantford ontario29 October 2014
provided as much work as required. basic temporary agency; paid minimum wage, no benefits
Pros
flexible days/hours
Temp agency no benefits
Computer Operator/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB ( IBM )31 January 2013
Temp agency no benefits. Decent hourly pay but 4 of 8 weeks only get 34 hrs
Temp agency
Laborer Windsor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 April 2016
worked at various job sites for them if i remember correctly always had problems with pay........................................
Manage different job postings. Review online applications, Conduct resume screening and short-list candidates.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary17 August 2015
It was a great learning experience for me as a student going into the workplace. I got to learn different management styles as well as various approaches used when solving problems. I learned about not only my responsibilities, but worked for a manager who helped understand the big picture. In addition, he made me feel welcome into the branch and made me part of the team.

I wouldn't trade my experience at Kelly Services for anything else. I hope to work for my previous manager again.
temp agency, manufacturing
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 March 2016
assembled car and truck headlights. worked shifts 3 - 11, 11-7. 7-3. 5 days a week. also did temp job unloading truck at 2 different locations in Belleville. ON.
Productive and fun place to work.
Data Entry Temp. Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB. Canada.30 October 2012
Have to be productive to lift boxes to do data entry. I learned how to read well Numbers and information. The management was very good and co-workers were helpfull too. Their wasn't any hard part on the job. The enjoyable part of the job was that my manager had condifance with my work that I will finish the work within the time frame. I was able to do so. I had achived my managers & I had the same goal.
Pros
helpfull staff to work with. i would love to get that kind of a job.
Cons
no long hours.
Great company to work for.
SMT Operator & Verifier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2015
9 to 5 job i learned how moduals circut boards work there main functions,my co-works we worked as a team,hardest part was to finish everything on time .People co-works my managers had a great time.
Pros
Took trips together.
Cons
long hours.
Friendly and reliable staff
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 February 2016
Great staff willing to work around your schedule. They care about you as a person and want you to excel. Pay is pretty good as well as hours.
Greeat company
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 February 2016
It is a wonderful company to work for.

Amazing flexibility for hours due to family or emergencies

Great staff to work with

The training is thorough and managers are very understanding
I was very happy to be employed through Kelly's
Long Term Administrative Assignments (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2013
I was hired on by Information Technology Institute in a long term assignment. I worked in the admmin department and aafte a short few months was hired on full time. I slowly built myself up the corporate ladder, and became Student Services Coordinator. but in 1997 due to expanding and opening two schools in the States they went in to receivership and I lost my job. I have upgraded my skill set in MS office for the workplace and am also taking an online Diploma Course in Webpage Design, to be finished in late July of this year 2013. I would be interested in rejoining the Kelly team.
Pros
there was growth in iti.
Cons
the long hours
Hires quickly
Candy Packager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 February 2016
The staff are very friendly and efficient with providing training and work in a clear and helpful way.
Enjoy the fast and accommodating manner job assignments are given to Kelly workers.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
unexpected shift cancellations
Very productive and fast paced environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 August 2012
From Monday to Wednesday it was extremely busy, having to meet deadlines for payroll, checking accuracey to ensure all employees were paid correctly. I learned to work closely with my co-workers giving my input when needed. My most difficult part of the job was having to do long enquiries that never seem to end. And the most enjoyable was when you know that every one was happy and relaxed to know that the payroll for the week went well and employees were paid.
Pros
was able to supervise and manage my own time in a responsible manner, which was a great accomplishment.
Cons
long hours and fast pasted to meet deadlines in a timely manner
no frills contracting company
Senior ID Administration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2015
I do not have much to say about Kelly Services. They got me my first IT job, but the pay was below standard and there were very few opportunities for advancement. Management was left to IBM and agents could be let go before their contract period expired, with contracts only being renewed annually. A typical day was just coming in, working as hard as we can and then going home at the end of our shift.
Provided Excellent Placements - And Great Match
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario6 July 2012
A typical day at work is a combination of routine tasks but a variety of tasks.

I have enjoyed learning new company systems and being able to work fairly independantly, yet in a supportive role. I have also enjoyed working with Managers that have clear directives, and a very good understanding of the proceedures and job tasks of their employees.

A great group. Work hard, but always easy to find some humour, and easy to look forward to going to work each day.
Pros
pizza days and bbq's, summer hours or flex hours
Cons
sometimes the air conditioning is a bit cold, nothing a sweater doesn't solve!
Temp work used like toilet paper
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 March 2014
Was ok at first. Kelly services screwed up my work schedule several times causing me to be dismissed by one employer. Worked for a dairy company on my next assignment. Was sexually harassed by a worker for for the dairy company. I complained about it and was dismissed by dairy company. Kelly services did nothing to protect my rights and was released by Kelly services. Was used like a peice toilet paper. Far to many people willing to be treated like that thinking they will be hired permanently by an employer. I was able to get into second careers and took a heavy equipment coarse. I am now making $40 / hour. Kelly services sucks. I would not work for the leaches again
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Average Tempoary Employment Service
Production Line Worker (Occasional) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 September 2012
On an average day I would work with metal or plastic filling bending machines or working on a molding machine. test, tag, and box parts. I believe I learned you need to have fast movents and keen eyes. The management is decent they were usually nice and easy going. I found the co-workers were nice at times but some were quite rude depending on the temporay placement. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the real employees of the factories not the employees through the temp. service. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a few good giggles with some of the good people of the factories this temp. service deals with. All around it is a decent place for people to start their working life.
Very productive place with a fast pace environment
labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 December 2015
I didn't mind working here the hours were good as well as the pay. I would have preferred if the rotating shifts were every 2 weeks instead of every week.
Pros
discounts on the products
Cons
sometimes I got my days mixed up
Job security was always there.
Admin Assist/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Various Locations16 August 2012
Recording meeting minutes; preparing schedule of client appointments for upper management; typing letters, preparing reports and spreadsheets for review; greeting clients, setting appointments, answering phone lines.

I learned to be very patient; accept the days blessings and work the days short comings to come up with a workable solution for everyone.

My co-workers had many differant personalities, but I was always able to work closely and efficiently with all of them.

Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and clients.
Pros
wonderful co worker dispostions
Excellent for contract work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 October 2013
I had the pleasure of being a temp for Kelly Services in two different Canadian cities. I found both locations to be equally friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I found the application and testing process relevant and efficient. A placement was found for me very quickly and there weren't any shortages of placements thereafter. I really liked the way pay was handled, being paid weekly was a definite perk! Temping is a great way to gain experience and skills and to find a career. I'd definitely recommend Kelly Services.
Great experience gained
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Union Station4 February 2015
Typical Day at work:
Taking phone calls, greeting customers

What I've learnt:
To use excel, how to schedule meetings

Management:
Great, managers are friendly and easy to get along with

Co-workers:
Are friendly and nice. Takes good care of me and helps me out when I just started.

Hardest part:
Had to sit 8 hours in front of a computer. More of a moving around and being busy all day kind of person.

Most enjoyable part:
Got to know new people
Pros
Downtown- Convenient and subway accessible.
Cons
Had to sit 8 hours in front of a computer.