Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Order DCP
Order DCP (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 August 2012
-Kelly Services contractor on placement with Exxon Mobil
-Responsible for entering, monitoring and troubleshooting customer orders
-Key interfaces with customer, employees, sales representatives, operations, external
-Responsible for coordinating with other functions to ensure customer issues are resolved
-First point of contact for order related information
-Maintain strong business relationships with assigned customers
-Develop basic understanding of Lube & Specialty products and processes
-Monitoring customer volume caps during price change activities
-First point of contact for customer complaints and claims
-Carry out all the above responsibilities with high degree of autonomy
Pros
monday-friday position
Cons
low salary, no benefits, no vacation
Good Company
IT Service Desk Analyst - AHS Account (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2016
They are good to their employees and support them when it is needed. good company to work for. I learned patience with people when working here, including management.
I worked temp assignments, so I rarely dealt with the agency staff.
Administrative Assistant & Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 March 2016
I dealt with different staff members at the agency over the years, so I don't have a very informed opinion of the office environment or the individual recruiters at the agency itself. I was provided with many assignments by Kelly Services and was pleased with the service I received from them. They were always courteous and professional in my dealings with them. I found it to be a positive experience.
Pros
Professional and courteous service from staff.
Cons
Sometimes there would be long periods with no assignments.
Standard Job Placement Agency
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2014
Kelly Staffing Services is a typical job placement agency. They'll find you a placement if it's in their best interest to do so, but don't expect much else. I was able to find a long term temporary position through them, but the job was quite different than expected. I was moved around to different positions within the company with no warning. My workload was huge, I didn't have any support for help and at times I wasn't able to take breaks in order to finished everything. My work hours were changed. I was expected to train permanent employees when I myself was still temporary and wasn't getting any company benefits and being paid less than the people I was training. I relayed some of my concerns to Kelly Staffing and they weren't very receptive. I got the impression that I since I had a job I should just be happy with what I was given. I left after a few months and did not try to seek further employment through the agency. They never contacted me to ask my reasons for leaving.
Pros
good way to find work and gain new experience, paid weekly
Cons
not helpful, no benefits or paid time off
good
Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 July 2016
No big issues, wish these contract jobs would turn into more permanent. Also Kelly should have more jobs. I don't have much more to say.
"Sweet" place to work
General Laborer and Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 May 2016
Generally a good place to work however there is little incentive for growth within the workplace, due to the job being "permanently" temporary (work one year, take 3 months off, can be repeated indefinitely if interested).
Pros
Guaranteed Work
Cons
Wage and no opportunity for growth
Office Assistant and Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario8 September 2012
Enjoyed placements with excellent companies, which provided great opportunites for skill development and enjoyable work days. Exposure to Kaizen Culture a great experience
Pros
great people and skill development opportunities
Cons
no benefits
Great place to learn
After-Hours Staffing Specialist (part time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2016
Kelly is a great learning environment for Recruitment and Staffing, They have always maintained the highest standards in the Staffing industry. Kelly Services employees are highly client focused and the best part of working for Kelly were my co-workers.
another day at work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 March 2016
use to working long hours
learned lots from my led supervisors
co workers became close friends
hardest part of the job is the cold weather
best part of the job working as a team
Pros
camp
Cons
working in clod weather
Provided me with variety of jobs
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2016
I have a vast knowledge of office processes while with Kelly;

Efficient in onboarding/offboarding processes for staff/contractors
PowerPoint efficiency
SharePoint advanced level
Coordinating meetings/events which I enjoyed the most.
Was placed primarily at Yazaki
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 June 2015
Yazaki uses temp employees in rework because the work flow is unpredictable. In repack the work is more consistent and using temps allows the company to avoid paying benefits.
Recommended for picking up extra cash not a career.
Support Services Representative Contractor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 March 2016
Although the Management and Staff are great people to work for it just is not a style of work i would recommend unless you just want to pick up extra cash above a regular job.
Established Fortune 500 Company
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI6 March 2016
Great working environment with room for advancement within the department and company as a whole is encouraged and posted on a regular basis.
kelly services was a great place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 April 2016
Kelly services was a great place because I was never just doing the same thing I worked in factories for them like venest and it was fun I was either sorting parts cleaning them or taking them right off the conveyer belt
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
rotating shift so often
nothing to say
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 April 2016
I have be told if you have nothing good say and then do not say anything at all about work or the company I will not work them again
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Generous with opportunities
SKILLED WORKER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 April 2016
Kindly offered my opportunities on my Indian work experience. I started working the afternoon I applied. They are well connected with many big companies.
Pros
Friendly, Loaded with opportunities
bad
Assignment Contractor (Former Employee) –  cambridge, ontario7 May 2012
dont work for a temp company - they tax you more than necessary and they only have bad contracts for you to work.

most companies who seek temp agencies only want you to work for no good wage and want to give you no benifits.
professional, but unorganized
IBM - IT technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2012
Working for Kelly services taught me many things about the work place. One, you can really only depend on yourself, and two -if you don't like something pack up, and leave. I felt that working as a contractor paid amazingly, but it wasn't worth the people you had to deal with. The job wasn't fresh, and lacked the organization or the interest in order to succeed. The people were as nice as they could be, but I often felt pressured to stay later to help with stats. Which I didn't mind, but to actually get you paid was a challenge. When you don't get paid, it's difficult to actually want to work, and the lack of organization is where they are failing, and that is why I needed to leave. My job wasn't secure, and there wasn't any room for advancement. They promise positions they can't fill, and wages they can't afford to pay.
Pros
pot luck every three months, and discounts
Cons
long hours, tedious work environment, just really not fresh, it's energy draining
Temp agency
Laborer Windsor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 April 2016
worked at various job sites for them if i remember correctly always had problems with pay........................................
temp agency, manufacturing
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 March 2016
assembled car and truck headlights. worked shifts 3 - 11, 11-7. 7-3. 5 days a week. also did temp job unloading truck at 2 different locations in Belleville. ON.