Kelly Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Fine if your looking for quick cash
Onsite Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 16, 2015
This is a temp agency for IT labour positions. Short term day labour is the type of work experience you can expect from this company. If you are looking for a meaning full role, long term placement, job security, work benifits or career advancement I would not recomend it.

If on the other had you are looking for short term IT jobs, day to day quick cash payouts, this compay is exactly what you are looking for. You can pickup hours and expect to get a paycheck the following week. I would recomend multiple such compays to keep your work schedule full for full-time hours. Part-time hours would be average unless you are continusly engaging your manager for time or, are sheduald for a long term contract placement.
Pros
Weekly Pay Schedule
Cons
Variable hours, variable pay, and variable scheduling
Average to below average opportunities
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  HamiltonOctober 16, 2015
Overall I would have to say that I am disappointed with how Kelly Services handles their employees. So in general avoid this temp agency if possible.
Cons
rarely see employment
great job placements
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
loved the attention to what I personally was looking for in a job. I got to learn a great deal about so many different industries.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no security
I learned a lot
Accounting/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Everyone was very friendly. \I learned a lot working for this company. Sad to leave there, it was only a temp job to get them over Christmas.
Nice place to work with friendly staff members.
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OntarioSeptember 20, 2015
its a busy plant where everyone is constantly working which makes the 12 hours shift blow by quite fast. The employee base is very diverse and allows for great interaction. Hardest part of the job is balancing alternating shifts during the week.
Dynamic team
Vendor Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 12, 2015
Working in this department was fun, we worked well together as a Team and work life balance was important. Provided excellent customer service to each and every client.
A rewarding Customer Service Position
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ONSeptember 8, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed placing orders for our product and working hard to achieve my stats for the day. I also enjoyed upsaleing our products.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not much room for growth
Great Communication
Clerical/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 20, 2015
they always relayed messages quickly and met all my needs. I was able to work in so many different places. Very rounded me out as an assistant. They helped me find what I wanted to do with my career
Pros
worked in some amazing places
Cons
couldnt stay long
Manage different job postings. Review online applications, Conduct resume screening and short-list candidates.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 17, 2015
It was a great learning experience for me as a student going into the workplace. I got to learn different management styles as well as various approaches used when solving problems. I learned about not only my responsibilities, but worked for a manager who helped understand the big picture. In addition, he made me feel welcome into the branch and made me part of the team.

I wouldn't trade my experience at Kelly Services for anything else. I hope to work for my previous manager again.
Double Incentives
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  St CatharinesAugust 4, 2015
it is a temporary agency.
Whenever work is needed.
they were sure to provide.

the hardest part of the job was the repetitive task.
Placement at Mondēlez International
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 23, 2015
The Mondēlez factory was fine, general labour, lots of lifting, dumping, etc.
Standing long periods of time
12 hour shifts
However Kelly Services did not communicate well with the factory so often times I would show up and not even be on the list to work that evening or morning (they are supposed to call you ahead of time).
There were pay issues with Kelly Services.
They hire and discharge people as often as they change underwear.
Cons
Bad communication
Liked the work
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  OakvilleJuly 13, 2015
It was a typical packaging job until I was promoted but the plant closed. If it didn't close I was on a fast track to permanent status.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lengthy promotion process
Co-workers
Customer Master Pricing Professional (CMPP) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 29, 2015
I work within a team of 13 people and really couldn't ask for a better group to spend my day with. Everyone gets along great and you can be sure you will laugh throughout the day
Pros
Safety
Cons
no cons great company
Very productive consider employees work on their behalf to make sure match them for positions where they can be and do their best.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 23, 2015
One of the things with this agency was that they always made sure you were working, if they had the jobs. It found work to keep you active as many hours that you wanted to work.
fun to work even i don't even work yet.
data entry operator (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontarioJune 11, 2015
A lot of good people and fun to be with and we are in good team work and leadership to finished the work on time always.The people here are very welcoming and friendly.
Pros
free breakfast and complimentary drinks like soda or coffee
Cons
less over time to have more time in family
temp work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of packing products and boxes.

I enjoyed the people I worked with.

It was a friendly place to work
Was placed primarily at Yazaki
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 10, 2015
Yazaki uses temp employees in rework because the work flow is unpredictable. In repack the work is more consistent and using temps allows the company to avoid paying benefits.
Cool guys to work with
ES&S crew member (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABMay 24, 2015
12 hour shift day or night, truck checks, plant walk throughs, training in texas, on going training, rescue plan making.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
contractors vs full time
No work but they advertise
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 19, 2015
I worked for Kelly & did not find that they were very helpful after your assignments were finished.
They pretty well just forget about their contract workers if you complain about anything.
I had to wait 4 months for a ROE and after several phone calls, finally got it submitted.
Not a lot of communication among the coordinators.
Pros
Got paid weekly
Cons
no support after assignments, no work
It gave me a great foot in the Door
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton NBMay 10, 2015
I did not enjoy working for AOL but Purolator was ok. I did not feel I could expand here. Reasons I left. It was a temp job and helped pay the bills. I moved on to next thing and was diagnosed with MS