Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Hires quickly
Candy Packager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 9, 2016
The staff are very friendly and efficient with providing training and work in a clear and helpful way.
Enjoy the fast and accommodating manner job assignments are given to Kelly workers.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
unexpected shift cancellations
Friendly and reliable staff
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 8, 2016
Great staff willing to work around your schedule. They care about you as a person and want you to excel. Pay is pretty good as well as hours.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoyed working for the company. People were easy to get along with. However it was a contract position and so there was no pay raises.
Very productive place with a fast pace environment
labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 29, 2015
I didn't mind working here the hours were good as well as the pay. I would have preferred if the rotating shifts were every 2 weeks instead of every week.
Pros
discounts on the products
Cons
sometimes I got my days mixed up
What I like to do
Communications Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSNovember 18, 2015
I would like to be able to work with a team of people and I can also work on my own. The key to a great workplace is to have communication and be kept informed at all times to work effectively.
Great company to work for.
SMT Operator & Verifier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2015
9 to 5 job i learned how moduals circut boards work there main functions,my co-works we worked as a team,hardest part was to finish everything on time .People co-works my managers had a great time.
Pros
Took trips together.
Cons
long hours.
Fine if your looking for quick cash
Onsite Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 16, 2015
This is a temp agency for IT labour positions. Short term day labour is the type of work experience you can expect from this company. If you are looking for a meaning full role, long term placement, job security, work benifits or career advancement I would not recomend it.

If on the other had you are looking for short term IT jobs, day to day quick cash payouts, this compay is exactly what you are looking for. You can pickup hours and expect to get a paycheck the following week. I would recomend multiple such compays to keep your work schedule full for full-time hours. Part-time hours would be average unless you are continusly engaging your manager for time or, are sheduald for a long term contract placement.
Pros
Weekly Pay Schedule
Cons
Variable hours, variable pay, and variable scheduling
Average to below average opportunities
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  HamiltonOctober 16, 2015
Overall I would have to say that I am disappointed with how Kelly Services handles their employees. So in general avoid this temp agency if possible.
Cons
rarely see employment
great job placements
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
loved the attention to what I personally was looking for in a job. I got to learn a great deal about so many different industries.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no security
I learned a lot
Accounting/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Everyone was very friendly. \I learned a lot working for this company. Sad to leave there, it was only a temp job to get them over Christmas.
Nice place to work with friendly staff members.
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OntarioSeptember 20, 2015
its a busy plant where everyone is constantly working which makes the 12 hours shift blow by quite fast. The employee base is very diverse and allows for great interaction. Hardest part of the job is balancing alternating shifts during the week.
Dynamic team
Vendor Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 12, 2015
Working in this department was fun, we worked well together as a Team and work life balance was important. Provided excellent customer service to each and every client.
A rewarding Customer Service Position
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ONSeptember 8, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed placing orders for our product and working hard to achieve my stats for the day. I also enjoyed upsaleing our products.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not much room for growth
Great Communication
Clerical/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 20, 2015
they always relayed messages quickly and met all my needs. I was able to work in so many different places. Very rounded me out as an assistant. They helped me find what I wanted to do with my career
Pros
worked in some amazing places
Cons
couldnt stay long
Manage different job postings. Review online applications, Conduct resume screening and short-list candidates.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 17, 2015
It was a great learning experience for me as a student going into the workplace. I got to learn different management styles as well as various approaches used when solving problems. I learned about not only my responsibilities, but worked for a manager who helped understand the big picture. In addition, he made me feel welcome into the branch and made me part of the team.

I wouldn't trade my experience at Kelly Services for anything else. I hope to work for my previous manager again.
Double Incentives
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  St CatharinesAugust 4, 2015
it is a temporary agency.
Whenever work is needed.
they were sure to provide.

the hardest part of the job was the repetitive task.
Placement at Mondēlez International
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 23, 2015
The Mondēlez factory was fine, general labour, lots of lifting, dumping, etc.
Standing long periods of time
12 hour shifts
However Kelly Services did not communicate well with the factory so often times I would show up and not even be on the list to work that evening or morning (they are supposed to call you ahead of time).
There were pay issues with Kelly Services.
They hire and discharge people as often as they change underwear.
Cons
Bad communication
Liked the work
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  OakvilleJuly 13, 2015
It was a typical packaging job until I was promoted but the plant closed. If it didn't close I was on a fast track to permanent status.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lengthy promotion process
Co-workers
Customer Master Pricing Professional (CMPP) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 29, 2015
I work within a team of 13 people and really couldn't ask for a better group to spend my day with. Everyone gets along great and you can be sure you will laugh throughout the day
Pros
Safety
Cons
no cons great company
Very productive consider employees work on their behalf to make sure match them for positions where they can be and do their best.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 23, 2015
One of the things with this agency was that they always made sure you were working, if they had the jobs. It found work to keep you active as many hours that you wanted to work.