Kelly Services

Kelly Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Placement at Mondēlez International
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 23, 2015
Cons: Bad communication
The Mondēlez factory was fine, general labour, lots of lifting, dumping, etc.
Standing long periods of time
12 hour shifts
However Kelly Services did not communicate well with the factory so often times I would show up and not even be on the list to work that evening or morning (they are supposed to call you ahead of time).
There were pay issues with Kelly Services.
They hire and discharge people as often as they change underwear.
Liked the work
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), OakvilleJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: lengthy promotion process
It was a typical packaging job until I was promoted but the plant closed. If it didn't close I was on a fast track to permanent status.
Co-workers
Customer Master Pricing Professional (CMPP) (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJune 29, 2015
Pros: Safety
Cons: no cons great company
I work within a team of 13 people and really couldn't ask for a better group to spend my day with. Everyone gets along great and you can be sure you will laugh throughout the day
Very productive consider employees work on their behalf to make sure match them for positions where they can be and do their best.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 23, 2015
One of the things with this agency was that they always made sure you were working, if they had the jobs. It found work to keep you active as many hours that you wanted to work.
fun to work even i don't even work yet.
data entry operator (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioJune 11, 2015
Pros: free breakfast and complimentary drinks like soda or coffee
Cons: less over time to have more time in family
A lot of good people and fun to be with and we are in good team work and leadership to finished the work on time always.The people here are very welcoming and friendly.
temp work
Line Worker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of packing products and boxes.

I enjoyed the people I worked with.

It was a friendly place to work
No work but they advertise
administrative assistant (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 19, 2015
Pros: Got paid weekly
Cons: no support after assignments, no work
I worked for Kelly & did not find that they were very helpful after your assignments were finished.
They pretty well just forget about their contract workers if you complain about anything.
I had to wait 4 months for a ROE and after several phone calls, finally got it submitted.
Not a lot of communication among the coordinators.
It gave me a great foot in the Door
Customer Service (Former Employee), Moncton NBMay 10, 2015
I did not enjoy working for AOL but Purolator was ok. I did not feel I could expand here. Reasons I left. It was a temp job and helped pay the bills. I moved on to next thing and was diagnosed with MS
Good for short term work
Safety Program Sustainment Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Good for short term work. If you get on with the right company can lead to something fruitful and help pave the way to an enjoyable career.
Looking for an Oppertunity in Recruitment and Sales
Staffing consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2015
I was primarily responsible for taking care of light industrial, Oil & Gas and Banking positions and help out when needed with administrative roles. I am ready and willing to relocate and travel for work.
One of my dream job
Production Data Administrator (Former Employee), Ingleside, ONMarch 12, 2015
It was my one of dream job where i was working on contract. Kelly Services is very straight forward job agency who takes care of their client very nicely.
Great place Great people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 23, 2015
For a temporary placement company they have been great. Could not ask for a better treatment . Enjoyed working wherever I was placed.
Ok if you are fine with losing
Help Desk Technician II (Former Employee), IBM MarkhamJanuary 20, 2015
The place was great, same with the people, but you always have an expiry date when you work there.
no future
General Labour (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good organized company
Cons: don't hired
Remove filled containers from conveyors
Manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
Clean work areas and equipment, Feed and unload processing machines
Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
company don't hired
co-workers very helpful and friendly
hardest part: rotating 12 hour shift's
Packing food with fast speed
Packer (Former Employee), Bolton, ONDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible sechdule
Cons: long hours
I remember when i was there to pack a product ,about that product i did not know how to pack,it was natural product for animals.After few minutes i got to know how to do it.It was good experience

I have learn that how to work in a fast pace environment

Co -workers was so co-operative and helpful

lifting heavy weight sometimes example making pallets

Team meeting before starting every shifts was so enjoyable` .
Got a physical disability? Well don't tell them.
General Labourer (Former Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: everything else
After about 3 months working at Ferrero I mentioned to Kelly's that I had scoliosis, something I can't really do anything about. They decided to cancel my shifts and stop calling me all together. Discriminating, disrespectful, and horrible people. Don't ever go to Kelly's. Go to Randstad, never had a problem with them yet.
IBM Technical Support Analyst- Pros & Cons
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 23, 2014
Worked at the Markham location.I provided technical support (Tech Connect) at IBM for Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney in 2012. Not sure if the account is still there since they were in the process of migrating the call center to Colorado/India.

Pros: You definitely learn a lot since it was the first point of contact for ALL issues. Supported XP/'7, Office Suite,Outlook, Hardware(Mouse/Keyboard/Scanners/Printers/Projectors/etc...), Financial Software, Internet Connectivity, Account creations, Password Resets, IMAC requests,How-to's, & much much more.
There was always something new coming up so you – more... need to pay attention.

Team Leads/Kelly Service Representative/Co-workers: The people I worked with were fine. They would try to the best of their ability to help you, answer your questions, and was very understanding. Co-workers I was surrounded with were cool people. Once in a while we would get pizza/cake/snacks to keep the morale up. However, this is all based on my personal experience.

Training was sufficient. It was primarily getting you familiar with the terms, software you'll use, and shadowing other call center agents. The real learning comes when you're actually on the phones.

Nice building, free parking and close to a Chinese plaza; although by the time you get there and order half of your lunch time is already gone since you get 30 minutes only. I would usually eat in between calls and use the 30 minutes to walk outside to clear my mind.

Pay- $14.26/hr. It's better than minimum wage but lower than if IBM hired you. It's to be expected since you're a contractor. All I can say in this economy, it is what it is.

The Job- Since it is a call center, it will feel like it's soul crushing. Some days you will wonder why are there so many calls and will they ever stop although this is why you have the job in the first place. I supported working professional so it is at least better than the general public. I've worked there for a year and which is like senior level in terms of call center. I've seen so many people get burnt out and leave only after a couple of weeks.Stressful, boring, and always looking towards Friday.

Promotion- in terms of pay increase, rarely. If there is, it will only be 1-2 dollars if that. In terms of responsibility, yes if you do well enough on the phones they will probably have you do other support. Don't hold your breath.

Pace- they want to you to resolve calls under 10 minutes although most of the time it will go over due to the plethora of issues and difficulty.

It's a call center job so, don't hope for any kind of overhaul or significant changes happening.

Main objective is to get experience and money to find something better or closer to what you want to do. – less
Fun place to work
Inventory/Filing Specialist (Former Employee), Moncton, New BrunswickNovember 20, 2014
Every one was a joy to work and very very helpful. Staff was very helpful. Fun and happy place to work every was very well educated not only in their own field but very knowledge in other areas as well. Ours days were from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and the management and co-workers were all very helpful in helping out in any area where you may have a problem. There were really no hard part about the job except maybe being a contract working and never really knowing how long the job would last
good company for temp workers
temp worker (Former Employee), brantford ontarioOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexible days/hours
provided as much work as required. basic temporary agency; paid minimum wage, no benefits
Lots of Work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 21, 2014
Pros: lots of work.
Cons: although lots of work only temp positions
Worked in different medical and legal offices, there was always lots of work, was getting calls every week for work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kelly Services

Kelly Services, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Troy, Michigan, offering services that include temporary staffing – Read more