Kelly Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Fine if your looking for quick cash
Onsite Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 16, 2015
This is a temp agency for IT labour positions. Short term day labour is the type of work experience you can expect from this company. If you are looking for a meaning full role, long term placement, job security, work benifits or career advancement I would not recomend it.

If on the other had you are looking for short term IT jobs, day to day quick cash payouts, this compay is exactly what you are looking for. You can pickup hours and expect to get a paycheck the following week. I would recomend multiple such compays to keep your work schedule full for full-time hours. Part-time hours would be average unless you are continusly engaging your manager for time or, are sheduald for a long term contract placement.
Pros
Weekly Pay Schedule
Cons
Variable hours, variable pay, and variable scheduling
fun work place
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, ONMarch 29, 2016
good place,safety,learned different jobs,nice co workers,nothing hardest part , most enjoyable parts packing, good management, giving good break for employee,
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoyed working for the company. People were easy to get along with. However it was a contract position and so there was no pay raises.
I worked temp assignments, so I rarely dealt with the agency staff.
Administrative Assistant & Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 24, 2016
I dealt with different staff members at the agency over the years, so I don't have a very informed opinion of the office environment or the individual recruiters at the agency itself. I was provided with many assignments by Kelly Services and was pleased with the service I received from them. They were always courteous and professional in my dealings with them. I found it to be a positive experience.
Pros
Professional and courteous service from staff.
Cons
Sometimes there would be long periods with no assignments.
another day at work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 7, 2016
use to working long hours
learned lots from my led supervisors
co workers became close friends
hardest part of the job is the cold weather
best part of the job working as a team
Pros
camp
Cons
working in clod weather
Recommended for picking up extra cash not a career.
Support Services Representative Contractor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 9, 2016
Although the Management and Staff are great people to work for it just is not a style of work i would recommend unless you just want to pick up extra cash above a regular job.
Sacrificing their employees to keep business with Companies
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta, CanadaJune 26, 2016
Don't expect Kelly Services to protect you against the Sponsor Company (the company that you would be on assignment to work for) when it comes to your rights. They easily sacrifice you for the sake of keeping business with their customers. They have no respect to their employees and inhumanely treat them as slaves to sustain their business. Absolutely no recommendation to work for this employer, unless you really need to earn money and only for a short term.
Pros
really nothing to add
Established Fortune 500 Company
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 6, 2016
Great working environment with room for advancement within the department and company as a whole is encouraged and posted on a regular basis.
Great place to start your career
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  MoscowMay 9, 2016
- I was responsible for 1st and 2nd line support. Typical phone, email, onsite support;
- I received extensive knowledge of providing IT support to business colleagues. Additionally, I participated in couple of IT projects, which were extremely interesting for me;
- Skillful and extreme professional management;
- Extremely talented and hard working team;
- The hardest part of the job - leave office in time;
- The most enjoyable part - IT projects.
Pros
Career oportunities
Cons
Smaller salary compared to competitors
"Sweet" place to work
General Laborer and Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 10, 2016
Generally a good place to work however there is little incentive for growth within the workplace, due to the job being "permanently" temporary (work one year, take 3 months off, can be repeated indefinitely if interested).
Pros
Guaranteed Work
Cons
Wage and no opportunity for growth
Great place to learn
After-Hours Staffing Specialist (part time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
Kelly is a great learning environment for Recruitment and Staffing, They have always maintained the highest standards in the Staffing industry. Kelly Services employees are highly client focused and the best part of working for Kelly were my co-workers.
Generous with opportunities
SKILLED WORKER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 1, 2016
Kindly offered my opportunities on my Indian work experience. I started working the afternoon I applied. They are well connected with many big companies.
Pros
Friendly, Loaded with opportunities
Great company to work for.
SMT Operator & Verifier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2015
9 to 5 job i learned how moduals circut boards work there main functions,my co-works we worked as a team,hardest part was to finish everything on time .People co-works my managers had a great time.
Pros
Took trips together.
Cons
long hours.
Manage different job postings. Review online applications, Conduct resume screening and short-list candidates.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 17, 2015
It was a great learning experience for me as a student going into the workplace. I got to learn different management styles as well as various approaches used when solving problems. I learned about not only my responsibilities, but worked for a manager who helped understand the big picture. In addition, he made me feel welcome into the branch and made me part of the team.

I wouldn't trade my experience at Kelly Services for anything else. I hope to work for my previous manager again.
Provided me with variety of jobs
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
I have a vast knowledge of office processes while with Kelly;

Efficient in onboarding/offboarding processes for staff/contractors
PowerPoint efficiency
SharePoint advanced level
Coordinating meetings/events which I enjoyed the most.
kelly services was a great place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 12, 2016
Kelly services was a great place because I was never just doing the same thing I worked in factories for them like venest and it was fun I was either sorting parts cleaning them or taking them right off the conveyer belt
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
rotating shift so often
Good Company
IT Service Desk Analyst - AHS Account (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2016
They are good to their employees and support them when it is needed. good company to work for. I learned patience with people when working here, including management.
nothing to say
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONApril 29, 2016
I have be told if you have nothing good say and then do not say anything at all about work or the company I will not work them again
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
temp agency, manufacturing
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 21, 2016
assembled car and truck headlights. worked shifts 3 - 11, 11-7. 7-3. 5 days a week. also did temp job unloading truck at 2 different locations in Belleville. ON.
Greeat company
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 29, 2016
It is a wonderful company to work for.

Amazing flexibility for hours due to family or emergencies

Great staff to work with

The training is thorough and managers are very understanding