Kelly Services Employee Reviews

employment agency
Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 January 2017
this is an employment agency who was able to find one temporary job for me but neglected to inform me of the temporary nature of the job.
the distance to the job was an issue and there isnt any work in my area.
Pros
varried jobs
Cons
no work in my area
Kelly Services
Administrative Assistant & Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 January 2017
use to working long hours
learned lots from my led supervisors
co workers became close friends
hardest part of the job is the cold weather
best part of the job working as a team
productive and fun workplace with employees who have team spirit.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
Productive and efficiency able to work under maximum and minimum supervision,producing the said or given task.Maximize in getting the company objective.
Pros
free lunch
ok
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 December 2016
It was okay. Contact between myself and Kelly Services could have been better. They barely ever contacted me and when they did it was for jobs way out of range for me to drive to
productive
Creaming Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 December 2016
fun, easy, and fast paced environment. Great team and co-workers to learn from. busy schedule always on the go. can get very dirty with all the washing .
Unprofessionals,liars stay away from these people as much as possible
Inbound customer care (Former Employee) –  York street7 December 2016
I was recruited by these people with a hope that the temporary job which they are providing there are chances it can become permanent but after 8 days of classroom training these people in league with the so called organization they have partnership with came came with this conclusion that I am not fit to be the part of job.I felt like cheated and back stabbed .This is my advice to people that don't trust the employees of this agency because you never know that when they will sacrifice your hard work and dedication just to maintain business .Just go this place if you don't have choice but as far as possible STAY AWAY.
Pros
Will be very pleasant and friendly initially just to cheat us.
Cons
The list is endless.
Good company, needs better direction from management
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2016
-Needs strong branch management support
-Heavy turnover
-Very dated policies and procedures
-Higher management has excellent industry experience
-Newer offices need leadership but company as a whole has heavy industry experience
Pros
Good Location
productive and very busy non stop
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2016
It is a very fast paced environment and able you need to be able to handle and drive a forklift very well and fast. The people are great and friendly and the days go by quick
Forklift operator
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2016
Management is ok. No job security for the company I was placed, nor any advancement opportunities. Management needs to be more fair and more transparent.
good start to you r career
Computer Tape Librarian (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2016
great place to start your career as an entry level position. will get the best training to excel in your career. good job environment. not bad salary .
Pros
weekly salary
Cons
no future growth in your position
Temp Employee
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 September 2016
I've been at Ferrero for exactly 1 month. I really enjoyed it here. Don't ever get sick and call in sick, you'll end up with the assignment cancelled and the onsite Kelly office saying attendance is very important with every employee. We are human, we all get sick at some point. Unfortunately now they are giving me the run around saying they have no more positions available at Ferrero. Don't waste your time with Kelly Services, its great if you need money fast, but don't make any friends there because guaranteed you won't be there long.
Pros
Fast money
Cons
Don't expect too much, its a temp job.
Vague and will jerk you around.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 August 2016
After working with them for some time, this job is good for quick money if you need something paid off, but watch out about their descriptions of work. Often what they might consider full-time, part-time, temporary etc etc.. isn't what you think it is and you won't find out until it's too late. They also are prone to keeping employee's in the dark and there's bad communication over-all between companies they're contracted to.
Pros
Quick hiring rate, decent pay
Cons
Hugely long hours, bad communication.
Fast Money
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 August 2016
This job is great for people who need to work and make money fast! Flexible for students and persons needing an extra income. Not so great for long term employment or people needing benefits.
Pros
Fast Money
Cons
Temperary- contracted employment
Working for a Temp Agency has security benefits which I appreciated.
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 July 2016
I enjoyed the structure of Kelly's Services. I developed a healthy rapport with Tracey the Recruitment Officer. The places where I was sent was near to my home and so very convenient. I enjoyed the routine.
Pros
Familiar friendly faces in the offices.
Cons
Sometimes they would not have work available for an entire month.
good
Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 July 2016
No big issues, wish these contract jobs would turn into more permanent. Also Kelly should have more jobs. I don't have much more to say.
Sacrificing their employees to keep business with Companies
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada26 June 2016
Don't expect Kelly Services to protect you against the Sponsor Company (the company that you would be on assignment to work for) when it comes to your rights. They easily sacrifice you for the sake of keeping business with their customers. They have no respect to their employees and inhumanely treat them as slaves to sustain their business. Absolutely no recommendation to work for this employer, unless you really need to earn money and only for a short term.
Pros
really nothing to add
Good Company
IT Service Desk Analyst - AHS Account (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2016
They are good to their employees and support them when it is needed. good company to work for. I learned patience with people when working here, including management.
Great place to learn
After-Hours Staffing Specialist (part time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2016
Kelly is a great learning environment for Recruitment and Staffing, They have always maintained the highest standards in the Staffing industry. Kelly Services employees are highly client focused and the best part of working for Kelly were my co-workers.
"Sweet" place to work
General Laborer and Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 May 2016
Generally a good place to work however there is little incentive for growth within the workplace, due to the job being "permanently" temporary (work one year, take 3 months off, can be repeated indefinitely if interested).
Pros
Guaranteed Work
Cons
Wage and no opportunity for growth
Great place to start your career
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moscow9 May 2016
- I was responsible for 1st and 2nd line support. Typical phone, email, onsite support;
- I received extensive knowledge of providing IT support to business colleagues. Additionally, I participated in couple of IT projects, which were extremely interesting for me;
- Skillful and extreme professional management;
- Extremely talented and hard working team;
- The hardest part of the job - leave office in time;
- The most enjoyable part - IT projects.
Pros
Career oportunities
Cons
Smaller salary compared to competitors