Kelly Services

Kelly Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
IBM Technical Support Analyst- Pros & Cons
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 23, 2014
Worked at the Markham location.I provided technical support (Tech Connect) at IBM for Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney in 2012. Not sure if the account is still there since they were in the process of migrating the call center to Colorado/India.

Pros: You definitely learn a lot since it was the first point of contact for ALL issues. Supported XP/'7, Office Suite,Outlook, Hardware(Mouse/Keyboard/Scanners/Printers/Projectors/etc...), Financial Software, Internet Connectivity, Account creations, Password Resets, IMAC requests,How-to's, & much much more.
There was always something new coming up so you need to pay attention.

Team Leads/Kelly Service Representative/Co-workers: The people I worked with were fine. They would try to the best of their ability to help you, answer your questions, and was very understanding. Co-workers I was surrounded with were cool people. Once in a while we would get pizza/cake/snacks to keep the morale up. However, this is all based on my personal experience.

Training was sufficient. It was primarily getting you familiar with the terms, software you'll use, and shadowing other call center agents. The real learning comes when you're actually on the phones.

Nice building, free parking and close to a Chinese plaza; although by the time you get there and order half of your lunch time is already gone since you get 30 minutes only. I would usually eat in between calls and use the 30 minutes to walk outside to clear my mind.

Pay- $14.26/hr. It's better than minimum wage but lower than if IBM hired you. It's to be expected since you're a contractor. All I can – more... say in this economy, it is what it is.

The Job- Since it is a call center, it will feel like it's soul crushing. Some days you will wonder why are there so many calls and will they ever stop although this is why you have the job in the first place. I supported working professional so it is at least better than the general public. I've worked there for a year and which is like senior level in terms of call center. I've seen so many people get burnt out and leave only after a couple of weeks.Stressful, boring, and always looking towards Friday.

Promotion- in terms of pay increase, rarely. If there is, it will only be 1-2 dollars if that. In terms of responsibility, yes if you do well enough on the phones they will probably have you do other support. Don't hold your breath.

Pace- they want to you to resolve calls under 10 minutes although most of the time it will go over due to the plethora of issues and difficulty.

It's a call center job so, don't hope for any kind of overhaul or significant changes happening.

Main objective is to get experience and money to find something better or closer to what you want to do. – less
Waste of time.
I don't even know what they call us. (Former Employee), Kingston OntarioMarch 23, 2014
Pros: i made some money i suppose.
Cons: literally everything. seriously. don't do it unless you absolutely have to.
When I signed up for Kelly services I was truly mislead. They had advertised ONLY the position they had to offer and neglected to tell me that by applying I was also signing up for their service. Boy was I in for a surprise.
Had I have known I would be thrown into jobs I had literally no training for, had I have known I'd be working a job that was worth $18:00 an hour and receiving merely minimum wage for all my hard work, had I have known that I'd be told that I would eventually be hired full time, then strung out like dirty laundry after spending 6 months of my life working my fingers to the bone to impress my employer, only to be shafted with two weeks to find a job because there are "just no more hours for me", I would have been more careful singing up for the job in the first place.

All in all, Kelly services lied to me from the get go. They roped me in to their head hunting company without even a hint of what was to come, and made me work for basically peanuts with absolutely no pay off. I was treated poorly at my job and cleaned up after everyone's mistakes, hoping I would eventually be hired and it was all for nothing.

A huge waste of time.
professional, but unorganized
IBM - IT technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2012
Pros: pot luck every three months, and discounts
Cons: long hours, tedious work environment, just really not fresh, it's energy draining
Working for Kelly services taught me many things about the work place. One, you can really only depend on yourself, and two -if you don't like something pack up, and leave. I felt that working as a contractor paid amazingly, but it wasn't worth the people you had to deal with. The job wasn't fresh, and lacked the organization or the interest in order to succeed. The people were as nice as they could be, but I often felt pressured to stay later to help with stats. Which I didn't mind, but to actually get you paid was a challenge. When you don't get paid, it's difficult to actually want to work, and the lack of organization is where they are failing, and that is why I needed to leave. My job wasn't secure, and there wasn't any room for advancement. They promise positions they can't fill, and wages they can't afford to pay.
Order DCP
Order DCP (Current Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 14, 2012
Pros: monday-friday position
Cons: low salary, no benefits, no vacation
-Kelly Services contractor on placement with Exxon Mobil
-Responsible for entering, monitoring and troubleshooting customer orders
-Key interfaces with customer, employees, sales representatives, operations, external
-Responsible for coordinating with other functions to ensure customer issues are resolved
-First point of contact for order related information
-Maintain strong business relationships with assigned customers
-Develop basic understanding of Lube & Specialty products and processes
-Monitoring customer volume caps during price change activities
-First point of contact for customer complaints and claims
-Carry out all the above responsibilities with high degree of autonomy
Temp work used like toilet paper
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 15, 2014
Cons: low pay
Was ok at first. Kelly services screwed up my work schedule several times causing me to be dismissed by one employer. Worked for a dairy company on my next assignment. Was sexually harassed by a worker for for the dairy company. I complained about it and was dismissed by dairy company. Kelly services did nothing to protect my rights and was released by Kelly services. Was used like a peice toilet paper. Far to many people willing to be treated like that thinking they will be hired permanently by an employer. I was able to get into second careers and took a heavy equipment coarse. I am now making $40 / hour. Kelly services sucks. I would not work for the leaches again
Job security was always there.
Admin Assist/Clerical (Former Employee), Various LocationsAugust 16, 2012
Pros: wonderful co worker dispostions
Recording meeting minutes; preparing schedule of client appointments for upper management; typing letters, preparing reports and spreadsheets for review; greeting clients, setting appointments, answering phone lines.

I learned to be very patient; accept the days blessings and work the days short comings to come up with a workable solution for everyone.

My co-workers had many differant personalities, but I was always able to work closely and efficiently with all of them.

Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and clients.
Very productive and fast paced environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: was able to supervise and manage my own time in a responsible manner, which was a great accomplishment.
Cons: long hours and fast pasted to meet deadlines in a timely manner
From Monday to Wednesday it was extremely busy, having to meet deadlines for payroll, checking accuracey to ensure all employees were paid correctly. I learned to work closely with my co-workers giving my input when needed. My most difficult part of the job was having to do long enquiries that never seem to end. And the most enjoyable was when you know that every one was happy and relaxed to know that the payroll for the week went well and employees were paid.
Alternate Root
On-Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Brantford, OntarioMay 14, 2013
My job at Alternate Root was grading tobacco as it came down the conveyor belt.
This job was seasonal in nature. I had the opportunity to work with the same crew for 5 years. We had the opportunity to develop a really good working relationship with one another.
Our day would start between 6:30 am to 7:00 am. The hardest part of this work would be the long days when we would encounter a bad kiln filled with mold. This would involve all of us tearing off the mold off every leaf when the kiln was bad. However, because I worked with the best crew, the day was made bearable. The best part of the job would be when we had a really good kiln and be done within 3-4 hours.
Provided Excellent Placements - And Great Match
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioJuly 6, 2012
Pros: pizza days and bbq's, summer hours or flex hours
Cons: sometimes the air conditioning is a bit cold, nothing a sweater doesn't solve!
A typical day at work is a combination of routine tasks but a variety of tasks.

I have enjoyed learning new company systems and being able to work fairly independantly, yet in a supportive role. I have also enjoyed working with Managers that have clear directives, and a very good understanding of the proceedures and job tasks of their employees.

A great group. Work hard, but always easy to find some humour, and easy to look forward to going to work each day.
Manage different job postings. Review online applications, Conduct resume screening and short-list candidates.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 17, 2015
It was a great learning experience for me as a student going into the workplace. I got to learn different management styles as well as various approaches used when solving problems. I learned about not only my responsibilities, but worked for a manager who helped understand the big picture. In addition, he made me feel welcome into the branch and made me part of the team.

I wouldn't trade my experience at Kelly Services for anything else. I hope to work for my previous manager again.
Well organized, extremely friendly employees
Internal Contractor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: meeting lots of employees
Cons: working under pressure all day long, every day
-Kelly Services is well organized
-Kelly Services' employees are extremely friendly
-A typical day at work consists of me doing any work I am asked to do
-I learned how to coordinate a variety of events (meetings and training sessions) and I gained a lot of administrative experience
-My co-workers are wonderful to work with
-The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with all of the events that I help coordinate
-The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting lots of employees
Excellent for contract work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 15, 2013
I had the pleasure of being a temp for Kelly Services in two different Canadian cities. I found both locations to be equally friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I found the application and testing process relevant and efficient. A placement was found for me very quickly and there weren't any shortages of placements thereafter. I really liked the way pay was handled, being paid weekly was a definite perk! Temping is a great way to gain experience and skills and to find a career. I'd definitely recommend Kelly Services.
Worst company I ever worked for.
IT Support (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 8, 2013
Pros: i can afford to eat
Cons: low pay and many payroll errors.
In the last 40 years, I've worked for many companies, but I've never dreaded payday until I started with Kelly. I've lost track of the number of times they messed up my paycheque. Errors included depositing my pay to the wrong account several times, getting paid late and not getting paid for statutory holidays. The company they placed me with is great, and they're the only reason I've tolerated Kelly for this long, but I think I might be walking soon.
It was very rewarding, the team would help you gain knowledge in a computer software if needed.
Office Temp (Former Employee), DurhamApril 18, 2012
Pros: you have a chance to meet alot of people, learn different office procedures, gain knowledge and experience.
Cons: you learn and become good, when you have completed the assignment, short term employment is not for me.
I was recruited to various companies on a temporary basis where I would complete work assignments on: Data enty, reception and office duties.

I have to say that data entry is not something I would want to do. Boring!
Abusive workplace, didn't invite temps to company barbeque.
Office Cler (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 1, 2013
Pros: no pros.
Cons: low wages, staff abusive towards temps. all 3 temps were excluded from a company lunch. nasty!!
I was told by Kelly Services that I would be doing data entry. They lied. All I did was print reports. That's it. All day long. Staff treated temps abusively. After one month, the recruiter left a msg on my cell phone telling me my services were no longer required. Still don't know what I did wrong. Recruiter won't talk to me .... refuses to put me out on another assignment.
Fun place to work
Inventory/Filing Specialist (Former Employee), Moncton, New BrunswickNovember 20, 2014
Every one was a joy to work and very very helpful. Staff was very helpful. Fun and happy place to work every was very well educated not only in their own field but very knowledge in other areas as well. Ours days were from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and the management and co-workers were all very helpful in helping out in any area where you may have a problem. There were really no hard part about the job except maybe being a contract working and never really knowing how long the job would last
Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), MississaugaApril 28, 2014
Cons: no advancement no bonus no personal days no paid sick days
Working for Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services 6 Yrs
No advancement
No Growth
No Bonus
No Paid Sick Days
No Personal days
Joined on 4 MONTHS TEMP contract and its 6 YRS still working at same position. Every day my part time job is to find a new job.

my colleagues worked 10 YRS TEMP thought they will going to be PERMANENT Finally GAVE UP and LEFT.
Good Luck working at NISSAN CANADA FINANCE HEAD QUARTERS.
Kelly Services is an excellent place to find temporary employment.
Various Temporary (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 21, 2013
Pros: flexibility, constant change, diversity
Cons: uncertain schedule, no guaranteed work.
A typical day at Kelly Services begins with a phone call. Assignments are usually given with 24 hours or more notice, and usually last from 1 week to 30 days.

The work varies greatly which I enjoyed, and you are never in the same place for long.

I learned much about the different industries around my city, and the different roles people play within them,
Productive and fun place to work.
Data Entry Temp. Work (Former Employee), Calgary,AB. Canada.October 30, 2012
Pros: helpfull staff to work with. i would love to get that kind of a job.
Cons: no long hours.
Have to be productive to lift boxes to do data entry. I learned how to read well Numbers and information. The management was very good and co-workers were helpfull too. Their wasn't any hard part on the job. The enjoyable part of the job was that my manager had condifance with my work that I will finish the work within the time frame. I was able to do so. I had achived my managers & I had the same goal.
Placement at Mondēlez International
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 23, 2015
Cons: Bad communication
The Mondēlez factory was fine, general labour, lots of lifting, dumping, etc.
Standing long periods of time
12 hour shifts
However Kelly Services did not communicate well with the factory so often times I would show up and not even be on the list to work that evening or morning (they are supposed to call you ahead of time).
There were pay issues with Kelly Services.
They hire and discharge people as often as they change underwear.
Industry