Kelly Services Employee Reviews

good start to you r career
Computer Tape Librarian (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2016
great place to start your career as an entry level position. will get the best training to excel in your career. good job environment. not bad salary .
Pros
weekly salary
Cons
no future growth in your position
Great place to start your career
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moscow9 May 2016
- I was responsible for 1st and 2nd line support. Typical phone, email, onsite support;
- I received extensive knowledge of providing IT support to business colleagues. Additionally, I participated in couple of IT projects, which were extremely interesting for me;
- Skillful and extreme professional management;
- Extremely talented and hard working team;
- The hardest part of the job - leave office in time;
- The most enjoyable part - IT projects.
Pros
Career oportunities
Cons
Smaller salary compared to competitors
Fast Money
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 August 2016
This job is great for people who need to work and make money fast! Flexible for students and persons needing an extra income. Not so great for long term employment or people needing benefits.
Pros
Fast Money
Cons
Temperary- contracted employment
Vague and will jerk you around.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 August 2016
After working with them for some time, this job is good for quick money if you need something paid off, but watch out about their descriptions of work. Often what they might consider full-time, part-time, temporary etc etc.. isn't what you think it is and you won't find out until it's too late. They also are prone to keeping employee's in the dark and there's bad communication over-all between companies they're contracted to.
Pros
Quick hiring rate, decent pay
Cons
Hugely long hours, bad communication.
Unprofessionals,liars stay away from these people as much as possible
Inbound customer care (Former Employee) –  York street7 December 2016
I was recruited by these people with a hope that the temporary job which they are providing there are chances it can become permanent but after 8 days of classroom training these people in league with the so called organization they have partnership with came came with this conclusion that I am not fit to be the part of job.I felt like cheated and back stabbed .This is my advice to people that don't trust the employees of this agency because you never know that when they will sacrifice your hard work and dedication just to maintain business .Just go this place if you don't have choice but as far as possible STAY AWAY.
Pros
Will be very pleasant and friendly initially just to cheat us.
Cons
The list is endless.
Fine if your looking for quick cash
Onsite Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 October 2015
This is a temp agency for IT labour positions. Short term day labour is the type of work experience you can expect from this company. If you are looking for a meaning full role, long term placement, job security, work benifits or career advancement I would not recomend it.

If on the other had you are looking for short term IT jobs, day to day quick cash payouts, this compay is exactly what you are looking for. You can pickup hours and expect to get a paycheck the following week. I would recomend multiple such compays to keep your work schedule full for full-time hours. Part-time hours would be average unless you are continusly engaging your manager for time or, are sheduald for a long term contract placement.
Pros
Weekly Pay Schedule
Cons
Variable hours, variable pay, and variable scheduling
Forklift operator
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2016
Management is ok. No job security for the company I was placed, nor any advancement opportunities. Management needs to be more fair and more transparent.
Temp Employee
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 September 2016
I've been at Ferrero for exactly 1 month. I really enjoyed it here. Don't ever get sick and call in sick, you'll end up with the assignment cancelled and the onsite Kelly office saying attendance is very important with every employee. We are human, we all get sick at some point. Unfortunately now they are giving me the run around saying they have no more positions available at Ferrero. Don't waste your time with Kelly Services, its great if you need money fast, but don't make any friends there because guaranteed you won't be there long.
Pros
Fast money
Cons
Don't expect too much, its a temp job.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 February 2016
Enjoyed working for the company. People were easy to get along with. However it was a contract position and so there was no pay raises.
Good company, needs better direction from management
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2016
-Needs strong branch management support
-Heavy turnover
-Very dated policies and procedures
-Higher management has excellent industry experience
-Newer offices need leadership but company as a whole has heavy industry experience
Pros
Good Location
Sacrificing their employees to keep business with Companies
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada26 June 2016
Don't expect Kelly Services to protect you against the Sponsor Company (the company that you would be on assignment to work for) when it comes to your rights. They easily sacrifice you for the sake of keeping business with their customers. They have no respect to their employees and inhumanely treat them as slaves to sustain their business. Absolutely no recommendation to work for this employer, unless you really need to earn money and only for a short term.
Pros
really nothing to add
Working for a Temp Agency has security benefits which I appreciated.
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 July 2016
I enjoyed the structure of Kelly's Services. I developed a healthy rapport with Tracey the Recruitment Officer. The places where I was sent was near to my home and so very convenient. I enjoyed the routine.
Pros
Familiar friendly faces in the offices.
Cons
Sometimes they would not have work available for an entire month.
fun work place
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, ON29 March 2016
good place,safety,learned different jobs,nice co workers,nothing hardest part , most enjoyable parts packing, good management, giving good break for employee,
Cons
productive and very busy non stop
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2016
It is a very fast paced environment and able you need to be able to handle and drive a forklift very well and fast. The people are great and friendly and the days go by quick
I worked temp assignments, so I rarely dealt with the agency staff.
Administrative Assistant & Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 March 2016
I dealt with different staff members at the agency over the years, so I don't have a very informed opinion of the office environment or the individual recruiters at the agency itself. I was provided with many assignments by Kelly Services and was pleased with the service I received from them. They were always courteous and professional in my dealings with them. I found it to be a positive experience.
Pros
Professional and courteous service from staff.
Cons
Sometimes there would be long periods with no assignments.
Good Company
IT Service Desk Analyst - AHS Account (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2016
They are good to their employees and support them when it is needed. good company to work for. I learned patience with people when working here, including management.
good
Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 July 2016
No big issues, wish these contract jobs would turn into more permanent. Also Kelly should have more jobs. I don't have much more to say.
"Sweet" place to work
General Laborer and Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 May 2016
Generally a good place to work however there is little incentive for growth within the workplace, due to the job being "permanently" temporary (work one year, take 3 months off, can be repeated indefinitely if interested).
Pros
Guaranteed Work
Cons
Wage and no opportunity for growth
Order DCP
Order DCP (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 August 2012
-Kelly Services contractor on placement with Exxon Mobil
-Responsible for entering, monitoring and troubleshooting customer orders
-Key interfaces with customer, employees, sales representatives, operations, external
-Responsible for coordinating with other functions to ensure customer issues are resolved
-First point of contact for order related information
-Maintain strong business relationships with assigned customers
-Develop basic understanding of Lube & Specialty products and processes
-Monitoring customer volume caps during price change activities
-First point of contact for customer complaints and claims
-Carry out all the above responsibilities with high degree of autonomy
Pros
monday-friday position
Cons
low salary, no benefits, no vacation
Great place to learn
After-Hours Staffing Specialist (part time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2016
Kelly is a great learning environment for Recruitment and Staffing, They have always maintained the highest standards in the Staffing industry. Kelly Services employees are highly client focused and the best part of working for Kelly were my co-workers.