Kelly Services Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

sent out on temp positions
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 February 2018
Each position I sent out on was interesting and enjoyable.
Kelly Services staff were wonderful.
Was able to work to my schedule.
Assignments I was given were challenging and enjoyable.
Pros
lovely staff
Cons
no cons
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 September 2017
Easy to learn what you will be doing at your time at Kelly. Worked at the front desk and helped people coming in with questions and put client information in the computer. Also, I would answer phone calls.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
sitting for long period of time
Professional and Friendly
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Balcarres, SK17 July 2017
I enjoy working with Kelly Services as they are very friendly and professional. The staff is efficient and thorough when researching workplaces. It made working with them a breeze!
No work but they advertise
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton19 May 2015
I worked for Kelly & did not find that they were very helpful after your assignments were finished.
They pretty well just forget about their contract workers if you complain about anything.
I had to wait 4 months for a ROE and after several phone calls, finally got it submitted.
Not a lot of communication among the coordinators.
Pros
Got paid weekly
Cons
no support after assignments, no work
A great company for finding temporary positions.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2014
Was excellent when I needed a quick temp or contract job. Were able to find what I was looking for, found suitable positions both to fit my skill set as well as my personality.
Standard Job Placement Agency
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2014
Kelly Staffing Services is a typical job placement agency. They'll find you a placement if it's in their best interest to do so, but don't expect much else. I was able to find a long term temporary position through them, but the job was quite different than expected. I was moved around to different positions within the company with no warning. My workload was huge, I didn't have any support for help and at times I wasn't able to take breaks in order to finished everything. My work hours were changed. I was expected to train permanent employees when I myself was still temporary and wasn't getting any company benefits and being paid less than the people I was training. I relayed some of my concerns to Kelly Staffing and they weren't very receptive. I got the impression that I since I had a job I should just be happy with what I was given. I left after a few months and did not try to seek further employment through the agency. They never contacted me to ask my reasons for leaving.
Pros
good way to find work and gain new experience, paid weekly
Cons
not helpful, no benefits or paid time off
Excellent for contract work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 October 2013
I had the pleasure of being a temp for Kelly Services in two different Canadian cities. I found both locations to be equally friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I found the application and testing process relevant and efficient. A placement was found for me very quickly and there weren't any shortages of placements thereafter. I really liked the way pay was handled, being paid weekly was a definite perk! Temping is a great way to gain experience and skills and to find a career. I'd definitely recommend Kelly Services.
My second agency in Canada.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2013
The employment coordinators are very helpful, kind and patient to new comers.
Productive and fun place to work
Admin Assistant for IS - KRAFT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2013
The work enviornment and people i worked with were very friendly and knowlegdeable.
Pros
flexible work ours and work from home options once a week or when needed
Cons
was a short contract.
Great work placement
Administration Assistant & Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB13 May 2013
I enjoyed being in charge of the front desk, greeting and helping out other employees when needed. It was a very high volume working place and very friendly.
I enjoyed working with Kelly Services but have been out of the work force for awhile and my keyboarding skills are not totallly up to par
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba25 March 2013
I would totally love to get back on with Kelly Services they helped me get work on term and permanent.
Employment Agency that works for their employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 October 2012
I do various contractual assignments within the HRM. My day is never the same, and I get to meet various new people and different companies.
Working in this type of environment allows me to find the type of management style I can relate best too. And I always learn something new at each and every job I go into.
Pros
working in different environments.
Job security was always there.
Admin Assist/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Various Locations16 August 2012
Recording meeting minutes; preparing schedule of client appointments for upper management; typing letters, preparing reports and spreadsheets for review; greeting clients, setting appointments, answering phone lines.

I learned to be very patient; accept the days blessings and work the days short comings to come up with a workable solution for everyone.

My co-workers had many differant personalities, but I was always able to work closely and efficiently with all of them.

Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and clients.
Pros
wonderful co worker dispostions
Temp Agency
Administrative Support - E&I Dept (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 July 2012
Kelly's was a temp agency; although I worked through them for 13 months, I didn't really have much exposure to the actual company. I was contracted to Shell Canada Energy and worked directly for a Shell manager.
Pros
bridge to permanent employment
Cons
n/a
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 June 2012
I enjoyed working with Kelly Services. It was only temp work but I gained alot of experience, and learned alot as well.
they do have assignments
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mb5 April 2012
turnover at the office is very quick, everytime you go to call someone, they are no longer there.