Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work. With Great pay.
Production Line Operator (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great company, great pay. great benefits
Cons: company closing plant at end ot 2015
Come in everyday to work to operate and make production that is required for the day. To maintain a clean work environment.

To work together as a group to get the job done in a timely manner.

Everyone works together to get the job done and in a family type environment.

There is nothing hard about working there except you may move around from shift – more... to shift on different jobs.

The most enjoyable part about the job is coming to work everyday . – less
diverse cultural
official (Current Employee), charlotte,ncAugust 5, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: stability
Kelloggs is diverse company to work for. The people treat each other like family for the most part. If you love to work and are not big on family or personal time, this is the place to be!! However, management is not so great!! It has been know that employee have to go above/over personnel to get answers to simple questions. Otherwise, you could be – more... left unanswered for weeks. Lack of communication amongst management and between employees is overwhelming. Instead of having meetings, some information is done through the "grapevine". The benefits are fairly good. And the health care is reasonably priced. The hardest part of the job in my opinion at this time is getting up every morning & not knowing if you will be sent home that day because HR doesn't communicate as they should. – less
productive and fun workplace
Electronic Tech I (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYAugust 4, 2014
a typical day at kelloggs, was hard, but at the end of the day it made me feel good and proud of my work and what I have done. I learned more and more every day I was there. The management well for the foremost was awesome and great to get alone with. Most of my co-workers was amazing. The hardest part of my job that I had there, was trying to please – more... everyone, The most enjoyable part of my job was the satifaction knowing at the end of the day that I done my job well, and felt that I was appricated. – less
Mega-Corp take a number
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 4, 2014
Great internship, but didn't prepare me for the job-at-hand. Mass lay-offs are common and there is a poor team feeling. The work-life balance can vary by role, and the business is less exciting than first thought.
My position will end at the end of the year,this Kellogg plant is shutting down.
Human Resources Crew Scheduler (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2014
The first thing I do in the morning is to make sure I check the phone for any call-out to be recorded. Within the next half an hour I have a pass on meeting, which information is passed on from the previous shift. I then call the quardshack to make if I have any temporary employees coming in. If so, I asked if they all have came in, I then wait for – more... them to come in the building to insure, that they know where they are going.
After the shift starts working ,I go and start working on a reconciliation from the previous shift. Which is comparing the actual worked hours compared to hours the are reported from the supervisor and according to the standards of that product.
One report is finished I send it to the supervisors to be reviewed for out variance meeting we have daily.
I then start working on a vacation for that week, 1st and 2nd shifts schedules for the next week.
I usually have employees come in out with questions or needing assistance with their benefits, payroll or just wanting to talk. We have a open door policy.
I have been learning more about FMLA and how the works as well as sitting on interviews during our recruitment process.
The hardest part of the job, at times is the interruptions that going on daily.
The most enjoyable part of the job is I know I am helping people everyday. They re my customers and people come to me often for advise. – less
Not a very good company to work for, managemnet today is all about over working employees, but with less hours and more case units
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: no pros of any kind
Cons: everything
I worked anywhere from 12-16 hours a day, I had 14 accounts and I had to order for them, work the order I wrote, sale, manage my team, make 5 pages of notes per member daily, always conf calls, never had a lot of help, was expected to work 1200 cases by myself, not gay fairly at all. The culture is the worse I have ever seen, use to be a great company – more... but in the past 4 years, its the worse company. – less
GREAT JOB BUT NO LIFE
GU/MACINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Muncy, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no life and burnedout
REALLY LIKED THE JOB BUT BECAUSE IT IS UNION AND DIVERSITY IS EVADEVT IN WORK PLACE I WAS FORCED TO WORK 12 HOUR/7 DAYS WEEK FOR MONTHS AT A TIME BECAUSE SOME PPL WHO HAD SAME QULIFICATIONS AND LESS SENORITY COULDN'T DO A DEPENDABLE JOB FOR SUPERVISOR AND IT ALWAYS MADE FOR BAD PRODUCTION ON LINE, AND I WAS MISSING ALOT OF FAMILY TIME
good pay decent job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: had to work some saturdays
This was a good job it payed well had a lot of friends there the people was good to work with. I worked night shift which i didint mind and it was pretty laid back
I worked at kellogg for a number of years thinking of getting hired and no luck even the other 25 casuals got over looked also good luck ,
casual employee (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 23, 2014
this place is not what it appears all though the money is good but the head aches that go with it is really not worth it,
Do Your Time and Go
Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 23, 2014
Swing shifts... why??? A comparable place to work, but why swing shifts...? And the politics of course.
good
Territory Service Repe/ VactionSales Rep (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Kellogg is a good company to work for. This believes company in promoting from with-in.
Great Benefits, No life
Production Operator (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: no life, never see your family
If you don't mind working 7 days a week, sometimes 12 hours a day without a break in sight, then this is the place for you! Minus the endless hours and never seeing your family, the pay is great as are the benefits.
Very comfortable work invironment
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2014
I have attained machinist skill, and mechanical know how while being here. the only problem is my family is in denton tx. So therefore I would like to be reunited with them, and come home to the dfw with a permanent full time job. I currently work 84 hrs a week, and don't mind doing so.
Kellogg
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARJuly 18, 2014
Pros: not micromanaged in everyday tasks.
Cons: most work all needed done at same time.
Early hours, long days, 40 hour weeks.
Learn to self motivate.
Open communication with management.
Hardly any co-workers.
Hardest: Moving merchandise up and down ladders by yourself.
Most enjoyable: Leaving a store well stocked for the customer.
fun and positive people,learned a trade while working for them
Baker/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 14, 2014
worked around other co-workers who were always positive and motivated at the task that was giving
Well known company
Quality Compliance Lead (Current Employee), Clearfield, UTJuly 12, 2014
12 hour rotating shifts. Knowlege in HACCP and GMP's is a must.
Nice very cold area but great to work in
clean up crew (Former Employee), Rossiville TnJuly 11, 2014
Not very Much hard work cold in parts of the areas always have something to do
Very Safe work place.. Company is very big on SAFETY
Pipefitter Foreman (Current Employee), West Palm Bch, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great income
Cons: to far from home
This is a industrial construction company. Very busy at all times. Over see a crew of 8 men (2 welders 2 fitters 2 helpers) The management is great, also willing to help The hardest part of the job is being 8 hours from home. Job is in West Palm beach Fl. and I am from Ga.
Fast pase job
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: learn great communication skills
Cons: not enough hours in a week
Starting early mornings to provide services to numerous stores. I learned how to communicate and build relationships with management. The most rewarding part of this job is the satisfaction you get after leaving a store looking better than how it was when you got there.
ok environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 7, 2014
work work work
keep lines running
lunch time is the best time

1 2 3 4 5

About Kellogg Company

In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” – Read more

Kellogg Company Photos