Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good pay and benefits for now....
Mechanic (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: current benefits
Cons: company continues to reduce employees
This is not a place to work if you want to improve the skills you have or obtain new skills. It can be a very frustrating place to work if you take pride in your work and have a desire to make improvements. The company continues to reduce the number of employees which has and will continue to increase the burden on each employee through more work days and more hours. They company also believes that the employees are overpaid and their benefits are excessive. Don't expect to come here and see an increase in your compensation, if fact, expect a decrease and you won't be disappointed.
cautious
Site Services Delivery Manager (Former Employee), AfghanistanFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: tax free, food and accom included
Cons: long hours at times, being away from family
whilst working for KBR it was enjoyable mainly because of the co-workers who were a great bunch of guys be them expats or TCN's,
the client was demanding at times but there was always a solution,
thee was training offered as ISOH and Asbestos awareness, various AP courses were offered,
hardest part was trying to keep everyone happy,
Many career opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Good, solid company with many opportunities to grow and experience new directions. Wonderful employees. Great community presence.
Great Pay and benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Great laid back place pay was excellent no hard work Seniority rules so it determines how much overtime you work. The rules changes to fit the situation but overall it was a great place to work before they close
Extermely disapointing
Sr Global Category Manager, Capital Procurement (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: friday's in the summer are 1/2 days
Cons: poor leadership, cramped, noisy working conditions, misleading
The "global" job as promised has not materialized, it would be ok if I was interested in an east of the Missippi plant support position. Stock, as promised during negotiations, was changed shortly upon arrival to only a handful of people.

Some of the worst leadership I've witnessed starting with my Director and on up. Moral across the Indirect Procurement team is very poor.

Biggest career mistake I've made...
Worked at my pace and no supervison
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Greenville, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: working alone, working at my own pace
Cons: not enough hours, they cut them back
I loved what I did, it like working out without having to got to a gym. I stocked shelves of local grocery stores with products, unloaded truck items to place on store shelves or into the back stock and occasionally took product orders for the supervisor. I worked at my own pace and there was no time limit. I worked with myself, not that I don't like working with people, but I was a part time merchandiser and filled in where the supervisor couldn't do. The hardest part of the job was trying to organized the back stock in date order and keeping it that way. My supervisor was wonderful, usually communicated by phone.
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Planner II (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Kellogg's is a great place to work with rich culture and history of bringing innovative products to the marketplace. The organization offers endless learning and growth opportunities.
terrible Company
service rep (Current Employee), new york, long islandFebruary 16, 2015
I Cant stand this company, never know when you will be home, at the mercy of your higher ups and alot of meaning less "safety" teaching they preach but never put into practice
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 13, 2015
Great place to work, both fun and challenging. Only challenge is all career progression goes through Battle Creek which is not the ideal city in which to live
Worked as a contractor in HQ
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), HQFebruary 10, 2015
Very professional

Everyone works hard, but there is an understanding that people have lives outside of work.

Overall, best professional experience I've every had.
NA
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), MEMPHIS, TNFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Nice company to work for great benefits. I was laid off I worked for this company for many years and enjoyed my time there.
Lead by example not just by instruction
Production Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
My day would start at 5 am until. 7 am management meeting with the supervisors.The things i learned was my methods of leadership was to be held accountable of the high standards i had set.I worked with some very professional people that did their jobs very well. The hardest this is to fire someone The most enjoyable part of my job was to get feed back from the customer and employees.
Customer Service
PROCUREMENT SHARED SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Customer Service is a big part of this position. Multiple tasks with multiple outcomes. Internal and External customers
Nice place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Horsham, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Kellogg's is a nice place to work that has a strong focus on safety. My coworkers are great to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are working with a quality product.
Good Company to work for as long as results are positive
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee), VariousFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: professional, good compensation
Cons: limited advancement, passive-aggressive culture, somewhat arrogant
Kellogg was a positive, professional company that I enjoyed working for. Being based out of Battle Creek, MI, you do get a sense of arrogance from those who work at HQ. I was able to advance and felt my work performance as opposed to "networking" helped me do so. If you are ambitious, advancement becomes very challenging as there is little turnover within mid to upper management. The company operates well when hitting results but takes drastic measures when performance lags... it can seem very passive aggressive at times.
kelloggs
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: you basically make your own hours and you can work independly
Cons: there not enough hours to support yourself
kelloggs is a good job if you are looking for a second job or need some extra cash. they do not give you enough hours to support yourself on. it does have it advantaged to work for them. but whats not so good about this company is that you use your own car and gas. they do not pay for mileage.
Alright place to work
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: no overtime
Coordinate yard check / compare empties with daily load schedule
Receive all pertinent information from the prior coordinator
Review loading issue with prior coordinator (hot loads, special instructions and product availability)
Perform Daily Shift Assignment, Headcount, and Attendance forward and review with Supervisor
Walk dock, inspecting trailers in process. Verify trailer cleanliness and product loading quality. Fix issues. Communicate issues to your Supervisor
Monitor all safety rules and regulation; communicate any concerns or issue to Shift Supervisor
Direct and continuous communication with Turret Operators, Loaders, Spotter, Gate Operators and Inventory Coordinator of all issues
Review partial pallet report and add partial pallets to outbound loads
Ensure completion of Daily Equipment Checklists Sign-out, forward to Manager.
Have communication with Turret Operators, Loaders, Spotter, Gate Operators and Inventory Coordinator of all issues.
Coordinate trailer movements to and from doors.
Allocate orders, proactively, as work is needed. Research all shortages, via inventory query, production schedule and inbound log. Report any un-resolved shortages to your Shift Supervisor,
Conduct audits of loading. Enforce loading guidelines
Regulate breaks, lunch, overtime and downtime.
Ensure all areas are clean, neat and all products are put away prior to end of shift. (This includes wrappers, shipping office and surrounding area)
Other Assignments as dictated by your Shift Supervisor
Ensure that the next shift has enough work allocated to get their shift started
Safety concious clean work place diverse group of employees customer friendly
My title was COOKER OPERATOR (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: longevity of the company in community, great pay, very knowledgable leadership, and me and my family eat their product.
Cons: i was a contingent worker (not permannant), 12 hour a day 7 days a week
Relieve out going operator after shift change conference to communicate any promblems or issues with equipment or process then monitor screen to determine product cycle count and where you are in dump cycle to know which cooker will fill, which one to be dumped and which one starts on time to keep cycle going.Communication with management trhoughout shift relay any issues as well as Mill operators to determine if cycle change is needed to acommendate food going through dryer to mill. Repeat process throughout shift. Learned how cereal is made what goes in it and how to operate a cooker.The hardest part of the job was the long hours and no time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the process as well as meet new people and the closeness family type atmosphere.
Good place to work.
Forklift Operator (Temp) (Former Employee), Rossville, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: uncertainy work
Good work place, made good money, managers was fair, had good co-workers. The hardest part about the job was not knowing whether or not if I had to report to work on a daily basis.
a job
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: decent pay, some good sales management team members, plenty of room for advancement
Cons: long days, unforgiving culture, high turn over, under staffed
typically start before most retail stores are open, stock orders, address any individual store's needs/concerns and anything you can't take care of yourself you report to the sales lead. A very basic merchandising job. You cover your sales territory if the lead is on vacation including scheduling, ordering, etc. You are held responsible for sales as well although you have very little control over this unless you are covering the sales route. You can be 'let go' simply on the word of a customer who isn't a fan of you but they grant you a very nice severance package.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kellogg Company

In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” – Read more

Kellogg Company Photos