Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Senior Manager, Global Business Analytics (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIDecember 16, 2014
Learned a great deal about managing large-scale promotional event management projects
Hard work, labor intensive, stressful for Full-Timers.
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 15, 2014
Pros: pretty flexible if you work part-time.
Cons: upper management is a nightmare causing an extremely stressful environment, ee ready to receive verbal abuse.
I worked here for just over a year and it was okay at first. I liked the flexibility of the hours. I only worked part time so I didn't receive benefits. By the end of my time there I was EXTREMELY unhappy. My direct manager was great and I have no complaints there. However, she was under a ridiculous amount stress and she told me the goal she had to – more... meet and what her schedule was like and I couldn't believe it. I met several full time reps and they were ALL miserable. I never met a single person that was happy where they were the entire time.

Also, working in the grocery stores with the "receivers" (those who deal with merchandisers) and the managers of the stores was horrible! Everyone was so incredible uptight and rude and utterly disgusting. I imagine that was the case because of the stress they were under as well. They made life miserable for me though. A lot of the time it felt like a terrible high school.

If you're a woman, expect inappropriate harassment to be a standard. Nearly every store I went to, I encountered crude comments and looks. Some people let this roll off their back but I just couldn't, especially because it was so constant. I had one instance in particular that was pretty bad and I told my manager who told the district manager. A manager at a grocery store made some very explicit comments to me over and over. They did handle it quickly and I received a call from human resources and the district manager asking what I'd like to do and they said they would proceed based on what I wanted. I just submitted an official complaint about the guy and did not press charges. The manager still works there and nothing came of it as far as I know.

I couldn't wait to get out of there. It's tedious, monotonous, boring and exhausting work with little to no payoff. (And that is coming from someone who only worked part-time) It's ten-thousand times worse for the full-timers. The company simply doesn't care about their employees. – less
work work and more work
Territory service representative (Current Employee), New Orleans,LADecember 14, 2014
Pros: health ins
Cons: steady work
Breaking down pallets of product and placing to shelf. Hard work and steady work. hardly have time for a lunch break unless the delivery truck runs late.
Great people to work with.
Mixing Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2014
Great people to work with. My co-workers and managers are well trained and believe in a teamwork atmosphere. After being here 19 years the Charlotte plant is shutting down as part of an consolidation effort world wide. During the shutdown Kelloggs made a lot of resources available for us to seek employment either with another Kelloggs or a company within – more... the area. They really did a lot to help workers that stayed till the end get thru the transition. – less
growing with the Kellogg family
Retail Sales Representative- Southwest Territory (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare, company car, salary
There is no typical day in the workplace at Kellogg's. Each day you go to different stores, write different orders, communicate to different managers, sell different displays depending on what is on sale, a lot of things go into how to plan an effective and efficient day out in the field with the Kellogg's company. My manager is great at not micromanaging – more... us unless there are specific metrics on the scorecard we need to work on. The hardest part of the job is time management. Sometimes there just isn't enough time in a day to get everything done that there is to do. – less
excellent place to work for as a life long career
Deduction Analyst (Former Employee), Battle Creek MIDecember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits & work life balance
Cons: has extreme changes is projects that let mass amounts of people go at one time
diverse employer, advancement & career growth, poor lower level management, excellent executive teams, above average sales force
Excellent work atmosphere
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIDecember 4, 2014
Pros: all the positive attitudes
Cons: finding a parking space
While everyone is held accountable for what their job duties are, there is very much a sense of teamwork and flexability within the group that you work with. The overall atmosphere of the company is positive and uplifting even when people are having a bad day, the positive attitudes are overwhelming and exciting to be around.
work life
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), memphisDecember 3, 2014
working at kellogg you learn something new every day. I enjoy working with my peers
Secure workplace with friendly people
Packer/ Palletizer (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 3, 2014
Pros: the 7am to 3p.m. schedule
Cons: lack of hours, system and line shutdowns
A typical day at Kellogg's is fast paced and energetic. I learned how to palletize. some management was very helpful and understanding. My former co-workers were the best. the hardest part of the job was having a family to support and getting sent home soon as your arrive to work due to lines and machines not working. Another hard part of the job was – more... switching to 12hr shifts still trying to maintain a family life and keep your body in good health because of the long hours of standing. The most enjoyable part of going to work at Kellogg's was seeing my co-workers everyday, working and meeting our quality goals. It gave a sense of accomplishment. – less
Case Maker (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2014
My job is very productive,has great coworkers, and a very great environment.The most enjoyable part of the job is showing up lots of bright smiling faces.What I have learned from this job is how to be a great team member.
productive
Machine operator (Current Employee), Seelyville, INNovember 26, 2014
productive place to work with plenty room for overtime. Good pay and people.
Overall Summary as Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 25, 2014
This job is hard to move up in ranks due to slow growth in the snack division of Kellogg's. Managers give you stores to service the next day the night before the day. It is hard to plan anything ahead and the hours week per week varies. This job is good for people who need a second job or something to tie them over till they get a job with a career – more... involved. – less
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), SpringsNovember 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: flat structures, no oppotunity for growth
Accountability is a priority
Kellogg culture is diverse
Open door policy applies
Passionate about our business, our brands and our food
Long hours during month end.
OK place to work
Product Development Scientist (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 19, 2014
Pros: modern large corporation
Cons: small town mentality
Review based on a a stint that was more than eight years ago.
It used to be a small town mentality in big corporation. Sort of take it or leave, since it is not going to be any better. That's why I left. The city and region is not good at all.
ok job, not horrible
Merchandiser (Current Employee), buffalo, nyNovember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no paid mileage
I started at 12.50 and get a 30 cent raise every year. Go to stores, put product on shelves, put back stock away neatly and off to the next store. ZERO mileage paid which makes this job not great, just ok. My bosses are pretty nice. Im part time and average 20 hours a week.
Good work, Excellent pay
Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 17, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: rocket/mortar attacks/active shooters
Overseas work in Iraq.
Government contract work in a hostile/combat environment.
Support to US military on a military base, keeping the war fighters ready to accomplish their mission.
have good experience
PIM Sr.Business Analyst (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 12, 2014
• Manage CPM (OffShore Team in Spain) for PIM Data Maintance.
• Review data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy
• Recommend maintenance enhancements to data acquisition processes to improve accuracy of data.
• Gathered Data Requirements for PIM Stibo STEP
Productive and fast paced
Operations (Current Employee), Weston, FLNovember 11, 2014
Working in the DC Center is demanding and fast paced. Everyday you learn something more about the food industry and logistics. There is always something to learn. Management has changed for the better and coworkers all aim to service the customer and get the job completed.
Terrible work place for women
Merchandiser (Former Employee), La Palma, CANovember 11, 2014
Cons: the pay will not reflect your experience, you will never promote if you are female, the supervisor is verbally abusive, no loyalty or respect from coworkers, survival of the fittest mentality environment.
I hired on as a part-time merchandiser. It sounded great at the time; easy work for decent pay. Wrong !

A typical day working for Kellogg's is doing the work of your sales rep and yours, with the pressure to be quick about it. Your job as a merchandiser is to throw a minimum of 30 cases of product ( cookies and crackers) to the shelves of grocery stores. – more... However, it's more like 35 - 40 cases, the supervisor will bully you to do. He will visit you in the store with a chart to see how bad you are doing if you only throw 30 cases an hour. If you throw below that, you will be harassed to quit or be set up to be fired.

What I learned from Kellogg's is that you will work very hard for very little pay, you will be doing the work of your sales rep; writing orders taking on store grievances and solving problems, at the worst of times you will work 12 hour days and get paid for half, you will be harassed by sales reps calling to see if you are "done" and told to work "faster," constantly defending yourself against the back stabbing sales reps and fellow merchandisers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I found another one with a better company; full-time work, full-time pay with benefits and great coworkers !

Please, if you value a work environment where honesty, loyalty, integrity, respect, room for growth and respectable pay is expected- THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU ! Skip it and look else where this organization will only bring you back pain and heartache. – less
Getting Better
Part time merchandiser (Current Employee), Wichita Falls TexasNovember 10, 2014
I start my day by going to a store unloading a truck that has product on it and taking it to the shelves to fill the out of stock item. Then I go and complete working my back stock. After that I move on to the next store. I feel that the communication between management and employees is getting better. The hardest part of my job is trying to convince – more... my 1st in line superior that I do know what I am talking about and that I could help him more if he would allow me to. I really like my job with this company and I feel that it is a good company , however I see that some of the responsibilities of my 1st in line contact needs to be delegated a little more, and that this individual needs to let his part time employees know a little more about what is going on so that when we go into a store and are asked questions we can answer them accurately, in addition to that we can also let department managers and store managers know what is going on , what is completely out and why we are using a replacement for a certain type of product – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Kellogg Company

In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” – Read more

Kellogg Company Photos