Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ok job, not horrible
Merchandiser (Current Employee), buffalo, nyNovember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no paid mileage
I started at 12.50 and get a 30 cent raise every year. Go to stores, put product on shelves, put back stock away neatly and off to the next store. ZERO mileage paid which makes this job not great, just ok. My bosses are pretty nice. Im part time and average 20 hours a week.
Good work, Excellent pay
Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 17, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: rocket/mortar attacks/active shooters
Overseas work in Iraq.
Government contract work in a hostile/combat environment.
Support to US military on a military base, keeping the war fighters ready to accomplish their mission.
have good experience
PIM Sr.Business Analyst (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 12, 2014
• Manage CPM (OffShore Team in Spain) for PIM Data Maintance.
• Review data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy
• Recommend maintenance enhancements to data acquisition processes to improve accuracy of data.
• Gathered Data Requirements for PIM Stibo STEP
Productive and fast paced
Operations (Current Employee), Weston, FLNovember 11, 2014
Working in the DC Center is demanding and fast paced. Everyday you learn something more about the food industry and logistics. There is always something to learn. Management has changed for the better and coworkers all aim to service the customer and get the job completed.
Terrible work place for women
Merchandiser (Former Employee), La Palma, CANovember 11, 2014
Cons: the pay will not reflect your experience, you will never promote if you are female, the supervisor is verbally abusive, no loyalty or respect from coworkers, survival of the fittest mentality environment.
I hired on as a part-time merchandiser. It sounded great at the time; easy work for decent pay. Wrong !

A typical day working for Kellogg's is doing the work of your sales rep and yours, with the pressure to be quick about it. Your job as a merchandiser is to throw a minimum of 30 cases of product ( cookies and crackers) to the shelves of grocery stores. – more... However, it's more like 35 - 40 cases, the supervisor will bully you to do. He will visit you in the store with a chart to see how bad you are doing if you only throw 30 cases an hour. If you throw below that, you will be harassed to quit or be set up to be fired.

What I learned from Kellogg's is that you will work very hard for very little pay, you will be doing the work of your sales rep; writing orders taking on store grievances and solving problems, at the worst of times you will work 12 hour days and get paid for half, you will be harassed by sales reps calling to see if you are "done" and told to work "faster," constantly defending yourself against the back stabbing sales reps and fellow merchandisers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I found another one with a better company; full-time work, full-time pay with benefits and great coworkers !

Please, if you value a work environment where honesty, loyalty, integrity, respect, room for growth and respectable pay is expected- THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU ! Skip it and look else where this organization will only bring you back pain and heartache. – less
Getting Better
Part time merchandiser (Current Employee), Wichita Falls TexasNovember 10, 2014
I start my day by going to a store unloading a truck that has product on it and taking it to the shelves to fill the out of stock item. Then I go and complete working my back stock. After that I move on to the next store. I feel that the communication between management and employees is getting better. The hardest part of my job is trying to convince – more... my 1st in line superior that I do know what I am talking about and that I could help him more if he would allow me to. I really like my job with this company and I feel that it is a good company , however I see that some of the responsibilities of my 1st in line contact needs to be delegated a little more, and that this individual needs to let his part time employees know a little more about what is going on so that when we go into a store and are asked questions we can answer them accurately, in addition to that we can also let department managers and store managers know what is going on , what is completely out and why we are using a replacement for a certain type of product – less
Great JOB!!!!!
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2014
I loved my job at Kelloggs it was one that was full of great benefits and people
productive
Packer (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 6, 2014
I worked as a line packer. I learned a lot at Kellogg's like how to move at a fast past how to keep the line going and also how to work with others. the management was helpful and the co-workers were very friendly. the hardest part of my job was keeping up on the line and making sure everything ran at a certain time and date
Awesome Manager, fast paced, great benefits
Service Merchadiser (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: fast pace, hard work and fun.
Cons: part time only would like full time.
My duties included stocking Kellogg's products to the shelf that were delivered to the store. Building new promotion displays, rotating stock and working with the management at the stores.

Awesome Manager, good hours, and benefits.
Account Management
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 6, 2014
I organized and maintained a weekly project schedule working as a territory manager selling to big box and grocery stores. I was responsible for 10 accounts in the Toledo, Ohio area in the following capacities; writing orders, creating display space, communicating with store management and writing stores credits
Good position
Logistics Warehouseman (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
Great area to work with. Long hours but it was a good experience. Travel. Great benefits.
Very physical job.
Merchadiser (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2014
Unloading pallets and stocking stores was very hard work which I enjoy.
operation supervisor (Former Employee), San Jose,Ca 95116November 4, 2014
Start at machine operator, building my self to a production supervisor.Kellogg it a regular place to work.
great working environment
cook (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great people, job advancement opotunities and great travel allowances
Cons: heat, stressful and distant
great place for anyone with great people skills.
advancement opotunnities and best family package available
Contingent Worker T1 BO Bilingual Spanish Clerk (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: it was close to my house
Cons: the company treated contractors different from employees
I worked for Kellogg for almost 1 year. I liked the job because It was close to my home but the pay was low.
Structured evironment with good training
Mixing Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2014
Eight to 12 hour work day, Six to Seven day a week. Requires heavy lifting and a great deal of focus. Always kept up to date through OSHA and Food Safety training. Must have good housekeeping skills, knowledge of food contamination practices, record keeping and Good Manufacturing Practices. Positive people to work with and a "Can Do" culture. Consistency – more... and attention to detail is a must. – less
productive and family work atmosphere
Lead, Mixer, Machine Operator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2014
Kellogg has a very high standards and an enjoyable work environments. Not everyday or week was smooth sailing in the processing/production but nevertheless as the team worked together multi tasking all or any problems, the outcome was success and self satisfaction for all.
Wasn't a bad place to work for.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Anderson, INOctober 23, 2014
Pros: most of the times i worked on my own time
Cons: calling at last minute, but i learned to deal with that
The company is a decent place to work for. You basically work on your own time.
Productive and family atmosphere
Laborer (Former Employee), Muncy, PAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: fast paced, good pay, good benefits
Cons: being in the middle of management and union.
Held many positions, had many supervisors, a typical day I can not explain because it depends of which department I was in.
Learned many aspects of the bakery business from running machines, to scheduling, hiring process, write ups, sending parts out for repair, inventory and much more.
Co-workers-family atmosphere
Hardest part of the job was doing – more... scheduling, people only looked at their shift and not the whole plant.
Most enjoyable was the challenges. – less
production/Assemblely line
Robot Operator (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: nice vaction
I was a lea/ supervisor comprised of 8 employee. I learned the ethic of working with people treating them with dignity and respect. We all work together as a team.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kellogg Company

In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” – Read more

Kellogg Company Photos