Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Procurement Shared Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIAugust 28, 2015
good place with fun people. work life balance close to home project k can be an issue with jobs going overseas some people are a bit arogant
Good place to work and very nice cafeteria and patio for employees to sit and talk.
plant sanitarian (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Very nice place to work, Friendly environment, very good pay, very good incentives, safety is first
Cons: I do not see any disadvantages in Kellogg environment
Kellogg is a company that strive for success. They take pride in the company and employees. They create a healthy environment and recognize achievements. They are always searching for new ideas from employees and management. Safety is first in the Kellogg environment. This a good environment to work.
Since I had three sanitation supervisors, my day starts at 05:30am. I visit the 3rd shift supervisor to discuss his night, I review all documentations to make sure they are filed properly. Ten we discuss any problems he had that night.
At 6:00am, I talk to the 1st shift supervisor and his plans for the day. We discuss any flavor changeovers and his plans to execute the changeover and complete it in a timely manner.
I inspect the plant and identify any regulatory citations if so, I talk to the department in charge. I work on standard operation procedures and assign the supervisors jobs they need to train employees.
I start preparing the Holiday schedules to make sure any jobs that can be completed from the Master Sanitation schedule. The end of the day, I talk to the 2nd shift supervisor to observe the pass on work from 1st shift and discuss any problems he may need my assistance. If one of the supervisor's can not make it to work, I make arrangements for him to be covered. I also cover 1st shift and come in early on my shift. This job was very rewarding and I enjoy the excitement it offered. My work day usually ends around 5:30pm.
I really enjoy working with different people.
Packer (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Special events they do for their employees.
Cons: Breaks could be a little longer. But than that everything is ok.
I learned different jobs at fast pace.I was a packer. Put cookies in boxes so they can be shipped.Management was superior. The hardest part of the job learning the different jobs. The good part about this job I learned the jobs and I really like working for this company. I will recommend people to apply.
Requires independent, self-motivated people
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee), New Hudson, MIAugust 24, 2015
Position requires a lot of travel time. Depends on independent, self-motivated individuals to get the job done. Co-workers are friendly and positive.
Very busy place to work, but the work wasn't bad
Machine Operator/ Mixer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Simple jobs and duties, great pay and benefits
Cons: Miscommunication among the management and co-workers at times, and lazy workers
My usual day at Kellogg's was very busy but the work was pretty simple. During my 2 years at Kellogg's, I matured in so many ways, I learned how to work with people of all characteristics. Me and my co-workers always worked as a team. The hardest part of my job was trying to learn everyone's different ways of working a certain job. One thing I enjoyed the most about coming to work at Kellogg's was the actually feeling of being able to work for a great job.
Culture with the company was great, communication was difficult
Operator/Special Projects (Current Employee), ClearfieldAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Open door policy
Cons: Promotions were based on seniority not skill.
Everyone was willing to help each other. Communication was difficult with upper management when working nights. Changes were slow to implement. Upper management was willing to talk to you.
Learning to work well in other stores
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee), Pine CityAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Flexable
Cons: Ladders
As a PTM I have developed a long term relationship with mt stores I do cover. I have sharped my customer skills and enjoy working as in independent rep
Good job
Line assembler (Former Employee), Minooka, ILAugust 19, 2015
At this job i mostly reviewed the products made sure they were all good with no issues then placed them in there appropriate place. Printed labels and shipped the items off. Very clean work place.
Productive and friendly work place
Student Employee (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2015
Kellogg offered a summer job to college students which really was fun. we worked on different projects to help out around the plant. we also helped with community projects around Memphis.
Closing Cincinnati Plant
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Mariemont, OHAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Highest pay in area
Cons: Going out of business
Working for a week as a Operations Supervisor in Cincinnati. Did not tell me plant is going to be shut down in a few months. All Staff is bare bones from 5 years of cutbacks. Major food safety concerns with QA being nonexistent (not performing any daily checks). Mgmt performing bare minimum food safety to stay legal. Morale extremely low among all workers from bottom to Supervisor level overworked. All equipment is older than dirt.
Great people
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILAugust 14, 2015
When I was at Kelloggs, the people were great to work with. Oak Brook and Battle Creek had very driven and focused employees.
Kelloggs
MRO Store Room/Maintenance Planner Supervisor (Former Employee), Clearfield UtaAugust 13, 2015
Great company to work for to have opertunity of advancement. Kelloggs has a good working enviorment Saftey and Food safety is a proritiy.
Great Place to Work
Work Place Solution Deployment Management (Former Employee), Battle Creek , MichiganAugust 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Kellogg. My team were all pro-active and willing to provide detailed customer service. Do what ever it takes to accomplish project task.
Good paying job
machine Operator (Former Employee), Battle Creek, miAugust 11, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: alot of hours
I worked a lot of hours and many different shifts. Not a lot time for family. Good job for single person with no family life.
.....
Admin Assitant (Current Employee), Caledonia MichiganAugust 11, 2015
Kelloggs is a great place to work at. Great benefits I think anyone would enjoy working at this wonderful place with great management.
Operations Service Manager (Current Employee), UTAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and compensation packet
Cons: Majority of plant operations are back east
The company lives their values of:
1. Integrity and respect
2. Accountability
3. Passion
4. Simplicity
5. Success
6. Humility and hunger
Company understands it greatest assets are its people.
productive work place.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Cumberland, RIAugust 10, 2015
Fun work place where I usually work alone in most of the stores. Even though i work alone the management team is helpful if i ever have any questions.
Great Products but not much else
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 9, 2015
Kelloggs Brand has a great line of nutritional products but the work/life balance they preach is all just words. Most enjoyable part of the day was going to bed. The rest of the day was dealing with problems, filling out forms and developing multiple plans to deal with the inevitable problems that management creates for the following day.
Great products, easy to sell, poor management personnel (in some cases)--don't work for Vicky Kuxhausen
RSR (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Work environment
Cons: Alot of hours, interview your manager---are they a micro-manager
You'll be leaving your house around 530 am, get to your 1st stop about 600 am, work the store---fill shelves and displays with backstock, Walmart's are your #1 priority, Publix #2. You review your orders with store management and place your order on your handheld--Publix's orders go through their computer system. ROTATE product, check out of codes, write up credits. Your co-workers are too busy to help you, unless you have an Austin Francais (like I did). Hardest part is IF you have a MICROmanager, like I unfortunately did, if you don't--smooth sailing, just make your numbers. Most enjoyable part, the friendships that you make with store personnel and your weekly checks are pretty nice.

I was hired to CLEAN UP a territory that had been greatly misserviced and I did exactly that, I attained and surpassed my monthly goals for the 4 months that I was there. Problem---my supervisor, a micro-manager who eventually had 3 RSR's fired due to her "inadequacies", and upper management Covered it up. It's politics as usual in the Orlando Center---I'm not sure how she Vicky K or her supervisor Gerri have kept their jobs, I only know that Karma is a -itch and they'll have their day.

Too bad for the company, that upper management doesn't see this or look into this.
gd job with in the job office personal not so gd
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee), Rossville, TNAugust 6, 2015
Pros: good ppl gd money
Cons: poor office crew & poor poor union
the union sucks and isn't worth the money being paid ,office personal not a great value, quality personal not up to standards ,safety personal is a joke at the eggo plant supervisor have no say they just do and have more things being placed on them that no on else wants to do
Headquarters