Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
mixer helper (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Great place for anybody to work for, very productive safe work place. Offered a lot of health and wellness programs to employees. On a typical day who knows what to expect. What we learned was this, more about our jobs, more about the Kellogg's as a company, more about your co-workers. Management as a whole, I would rate it at about 50%. There wasn't anything hard about this particular Kellogg's location as far as our jobs, we were trained well and qualified to be successful.
Work Life at Kelloggs
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Seelyville, INJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great pay and friendly environment
Cons: sometimes its hard to get a life at home
A typical day at Kelloggs would be signing in at the security office. The security officer will than make sure who you are and give you an ID badge. You walk to the entrance and scan your badge. You than go to the locker room and put on your PPE. Your PPE is your safety glasses, your vest, hairnet, and earplugs.
You than go to the hand washing area and wash your hands. After that your sanitize your work boots and put hand sanitizer on your hands. You go to your station and put your gloves on and case pack crackers. When the boxes of crackers go trough the machine wrap two people are on the other side palatalizing. You do this eight hours a day and rotate every half and hour.
When I started working here I was really nervous, because it was my first factory job ever. It turned out than I became to love what I did. You learn something new there everyday. The more i started working there I learned how many boxes need to come down your line to make a full case. I learned that not having your earplugs in was asking to go deaf.
If u don't walk on the yellow path that was put there for a reason you could get hit by a forklift. They have all these rules for one reason and that is keeping their employees safe. Safe is very important to kelloggs. Hand washing is very crucial as well. Bacteria can easily be transferred into the crackers, so management is on top of everything.
Management is always updating machinery to work fast and safer. There's always safety meetings in the tree house building. Management is a big reason why everything runs so smoothly there. It means a lot to the employees – more... that being safe is important to them as it is to us. Management is always one step further than anyone else there.
Nothing is better than a place to work, but a place to work with wonderful co workers. When I worked there I got along with everyone. Everyone was so nice and supportive. Working there I learned that team work was everything. The people I worked with were amazing and I miss them from this day on.
When a new person starts working there, it seems like its everybody job to make sure that person understands literally everything. Working somewhere that you enjoy just gives it a wonderful environment to work in. Getting along with everyone makes you want to come back to work everyday. I loved what I did every night I went into work, but honestly i loved the people and the environment more.
The hardest part of the job was the hours you worked. I never complained one time, but you worked more than you had time to sleep. The longest i had to work there was 14 to 16 days straight. Going into work was fine, but when your on your 10th day you got exhausted. I loved what I did and I continued to go to work everyday, but sometimes when tragic occurrences occur it's hard to work that much without missing any days.
Kelloggs is a wonderful place to work specially if the environment is what makes you want to go to work. It did for me, because nothing is better than awesome people to work with. If you get along with everyone you learn more from others about what they do. Plus it helps when you love the pay. The pay and the friendly environment was the most enjoyable part about the job. – less
Fun place to work and meet new people daily
Merchandiser (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: physically demanding on a daily basis
Some days are more brutal than others in terms of work load. But overall great job security if you're willing to work hard for it.
Good company , bad management
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), charlotteJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: bonuses, driving, flexible schedule
Cons: work life balance, poor management, no communication
This company is poorly ran but the incentives and bonuses were out of this world. Not a whole lot of job security since you are always at the mercy of the stores you manage. You get a company car and good pay but lose all hope with a personal life.
Kelloggs Manchester
Material Supply (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: non
A Friendly helpfull company, all management helped in your tasks great atmosphere to work in,

Would recommend the company to anyone , staff and Management truly brilliant !
Enjoyed the traveling
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), AfghanistanJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: the money and traveling
Cons: being away from family for so long at a time.
Everyday was 12 hours a day
Learned a lot about how the transportation department ran and what it took to take care of the military in a civilian roll.
Management was always there to help and show you what needed to be done and help you if you needed it.
The Co-Workers where a big help to teach each other the different ways of how to do the work and be successful.
The hardest part was being away from family
The enjoyable part was when I was able to come home and be with my family and go places with them.
Always busy & time went by fast
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), IraqJanuary 12, 2015
It was nice work atmosphere. The co workers worked well as a team & travel around the country was nice.
Its an okay job
UTILITY WORKER (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: work shedule
There is 6 different work schedules,I learned PPE,SOP,GMP.HACCP. Management was okay, worked good with coworkers
A Good Job with Good Benefits
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: healthcare, 401k
Cons: steel toe boots
Overall working at Kellogg's is great, every job has it's ups and downs though. A typical days work at Kellogg's for me includes operating on machines. Also training new hires and training long term employees as well. Kellogg's provides their employees with opportunities for job advancements as well as additional training. They work with their employees when they see they are struggling or need further understanding. Kellogg's also offers a lot of overtime for their employees also they work with their employees with schedules and flexibility. The hardest part of the job for me maybe the long hours but it's well worth the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is helping and training people.
Kelloggs
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Sumner, WAJanuary 9, 2015
I enjoyed being a merchandiser with this company I enjoyed working with the store managers and my team leader
People, People, People
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: people make the difference
Cons: 30 years of doing the same thing
The people truly make the difference. I built some very close relationships with my co-works because the organization was run and managed as a big family people cared about the company and each other
Great stepping stone up the corporate ladder
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Rome, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: paid tuition reimbursement
Cons: no work life balance - only a number in a word of thousands
Great place to learn what you can and move on. You can gain a lot of valuable skills and experiences for you continued career other places.
Kelloggs
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 2, 2015
I currently work at Kelloggs
the most enjoyable part of my job is selling in displays to my
customers which sometimes is also the hardest part.
my day consists of ordering, working the orders and talking to my
customers about our product
Great place
Finance (Current Employee), ManchesterJanuary 1, 2015
Enjoyed being part of a supportive team and wished I'd never have to leave but sadly my position is coming to an end.
Struggling with the Times
District Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation
Cons: work life balance, challenging working environment, negative culture, technically behind the times
I've been with the Kellogg Company for over 12 years and have witnessed a lot of changes, mostly good changes. However, over the last 2-3 years Kellogg's is really struggling to keep up with the ever changing Consumer Packaged Goods industry. We've went from a trend leader, which led to our success, to a trend following, which has negatively impacted our business. It seems we're the last CPG company to embrace technology and the digital age. Our sales reps, received smart phones 2 years ago and tablets this year. Prior to this, they were using flip phones and paper control books. This company is always last to the party and our declining sales is a reflection of this. We operate in a "Now" society, Kellogg's is not currently set up to operate in this fasted paced environment. So, what's holding us back? Investment! Kellogg's is not willing to make the investment needed to compete in the aggressive market place we all complete in. This is not only from a technology standpoint, but to personal, distribution, trade spend. ect... Our biggest miss comes from investing in our people. W.K. Kellogg's vision was to "Invest in my People...." This company has strayed from investing and building a winning team and culture, it's easier to dismiss or promote under performing employees than to coach and grow employees. With this strategy, we've lost a lot of good employees and have promoted others who did not deserve it. These promotions have led to a weak Senior Leadership team, which is struggling to be solution oriented. Their solution, is "Fire and Hire". This does not promote a healthy and happy company atmoshepere
productive workplace
Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee), battle creek MIDecember 16, 2014
highly goal oriented, works to establish team environment, dedicated employees, deals with union atmosphere, the people are very fun and optomistic
Senior Manager, Global Business Analytics (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIDecember 16, 2014
Learned a great deal about managing large-scale promotional event management projects
Hard work, labor intensive, stressful for Full-Timers.
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 15, 2014
Pros: pretty flexible if you work part-time.
Cons: upper management is a nightmare causing an extremely stressful environment, ee ready to receive verbal abuse.
I worked here for just over a year and it was okay at first. I liked the flexibility of the hours. I only worked part time so I didn't receive benefits. By the end of my time there I was EXTREMELY unhappy. My direct manager was great and I have no complaints there. However, she was under a ridiculous amount stress and she told me the goal she had to meet and what her schedule was like and I couldn't believe it. I met several full time reps and they were ALL miserable. I never met a single person that was happy where they were the entire time.

Also, working in the grocery stores with the "receivers" (those who deal with merchandisers) and the managers of the stores was horrible! Everyone was so incredible uptight and rude and utterly disgusting. I imagine that was the case because of the stress they were under as well. They made life miserable for me though. A lot of the time it felt like a terrible high school.

If you're a woman, expect inappropriate harassment to be a standard. Nearly every store I went to, I encountered crude comments and looks. Some people let this roll off their back but I just couldn't, especially because it was so constant. I had one instance in particular that was pretty bad and I told my manager who told the district manager. A manager at a grocery store made some very explicit comments to me over and over. They did handle it quickly and I received a call from human resources and the district manager asking what I'd like to do and they said they would proceed based on what I wanted. I just submitted an official complaint about the guy and did not press charges. The manager still works there and nothing came of it as far as I know.

I couldn't wait to get out of there. It's tedious, monotonous, boring and exhausting work with little to no payoff. (And that is coming from someone who only worked part-time) It's ten-thousand times worse for the full-timers. The company simply doesn't care about their employees.
work work and more work
Territory service representative (Current Employee), New Orleans,LADecember 14, 2014
Pros: health ins
Cons: steady work
Breaking down pallets of product and placing to shelf. Hard work and steady work. hardly have time for a lunch break unless the delivery truck runs late.
Great people to work with.
Mixing Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2014
Great people to work with. My co-workers and managers are well trained and believe in a teamwork atmosphere. After being here 19 years the Charlotte plant is shutting down as part of an consolidation effort world wide. During the shutdown Kelloggs made a lot of resources available for us to seek employment either with another Kelloggs or a company within the area. They really did a lot to help workers that stayed till the end get thru the transition.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kellogg Company

In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” – Read more

Kellogg Company Photos