Who is Keilhauer?
Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a private, family-owned company that designs, engineers, and manufactures quality office seating on-time, including task and executive chairs, lounge seating and complementary tables, side chairs and stacking chairs.
As an award-winning Canadian company, Keilhauer designs with scrupulous attention to detail to ensure all products are built for long life with respect for the environment driven by our Big-Time Corporate Goal - Closed Loop Manufacturing.
With a dynamic, customer-oriented team and a shared commitment for safety and excellence, Keilhauer aims to maintain a workplace that is based on the principles of fairness and mutual respect achieved through communication, education and dedication. Keilhauer believes that if we keep both staff and customers happy, we will achieve success.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently looking for a Warehouse Picker to distributes materials picked from the Keilhauer warehouse within the established procedures and policies by performing the following duties. You will also participates in monthly cycle counts.
- Reads the production schedule and/or customer order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials and items on shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequences such as size, type, style, and color or product code.
- Fills requisition, work order, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to relevant areas or personnel.
- Records amount of materials or items received or distributed, including handling/processing of special customer requirements.
- Performs quality inspections of inbound parts.
- Performs cycle counts/total physical inventory counts.
- Ensures rejected parts are tagged, identified and placed in pre-determined areas.
- Acts as backup receiver – receives, delivers goods, documents and checks for quality, removes products off the truck and collects bill and documents damaged goods.
- Does random deliveries of inventory between buildings with the Keilhauer van.
- Conforms to daily schedule for delivery of materials to the relevant areas.
- Responds proactively to potential stock outs, reviews back order report.
- Organizes and maintains a neat and safe working environment.
- Completion of high school education or practical equivalent.
- 2 years of previous experience in a warehouse and/or shipping/receiving environment.
- Previous experience in furniture manufacturing is an asset.
- G license with reasonably clean record.
- Familiarity with forklift truck operations is preferable.
- Organizational skills required.
- Ability to read, write and understand basic English is required.
If you are interested in this position and feel your qualifications match the job requirements, please send your resume via email to apply.
Keilhauer is an equal opportunity employer.