April 10th 2014
Job Title: Shipper
Grade 2 - $14 per hour
Who is Keilhauer?
Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a private, family-owned company that designs, engineers, and manufactures quality office seating on-time, including task and executive chairs, lounge seating and complementary tables, side chairs and stacking chairs.
As an award-winning Canadian company, Keilhauer designs with scrupulous attention to detail to ensure all products are built for long life with respect for the environment driven by our Big-Time Corporate Goal – Closed Loop Manufacturing.
With a dynamic, customer-oriented team and a shared commitment for safety and excellence, Keilhauer aims to maintain a workplace that is based on the principles of fairness and mutual respect achieved through communication, education and dedication. Keilhauer believes that if we keep both staff and customers happy, we will achieve success.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking for a Shipper to assist the Shipping Lead Hand with daily duties of the shipping department by performing the following duties.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for ensuring that all outgoing shipments meet with Keilhauer’s shipping standards.
- Checks the header to ensure the right chair is being shipped and also do a quick quality check for obvious problems.
- Ensures the correct address label is with the chair.
- Decks and undecks chairs as required to make room in shipping area.
- Cleans of chairs with air hose as required to remove dust.
- Ensures all shipments are properly tagged, bagged or boxed.
- Assembles shipping boxes with staple gun and/or tape.
- Packs, loads and ships finished goods on schedule, in order to ensure that the customer receives a clean and undamaged product on time.
- Loads truck, with boxed chairs, using a dolly to transport them to the loading dock and onto the truck.
- Enters shipping information off the bill of lading into the UPS computer.
- Organizes the shipping floor so it’s neat, clean, safe and organized.
- Trains new employees.
- Completion of a high school diploma or practical equivalency.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- 3-5 years experience in a shipping environment would be an asset
If you are interested in this position and feel your qualifications match the position requirements, please submit your resume or fax to (416)759-5723 by April 30, 2014.
Keilhauer is an equal opportunity employer.