Grade 2 - $13.00-$16.00 per hour
Who is Keilhauer?
Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a private, family-owned company that designs, engineers, and manufactures quality office seating on-time, including task and executive chairs, lounge seating and complementary tables, side chairs and stacking chairs.
As an award-winning Canadian company, Keilhauer designs with scrupulous attention to detail to ensure all products are built for long life with respect for the environment driven by our Big-Time Corporate Goal – Closed Loop Manufacturing.
With a dynamic, customer-oriented team and a shared commitment for safety and excellence, Keilhauer aims to maintain a workplace that is based on the principles of fairness and mutual respect achieved through communication, education and dedication. Keilhauer believes that if we keep both staff and customers happy, we will achieve success.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Sewer to join our Production Department. Reporting to the Shop Floor Supervisor, the Sewer is responsible for producing quality products by joining and reinforcing cover materials or sewing decorative cover trimmings for stacking and pull-up chairs by performing the following duties.
Principal Accountabilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Sews quality covers for basic models as integral part of production process.
- Prioritizes tasks to ensure completion of daily production schedule.
- Contributes as a reliable and effective team member within cell and across other cells.
- Checks labels on special orders and sews accordingly.
- Aligns parts, fasteners, or trimmings, following seams, edges, or markings on parts.
- Trims excess threads. Trims edges of covers.
- Able to read and understand daily schedule and job header.
- Steams completed chairs when required.
- Adheres to safety regulations (i.e. proper shoes)
- Previous experience with industrial machine sewing of one year or greater. Must have ability to produce detailed, high quality end products.
- Ability to understand, speak, read and write basic English.
If you are interested in this position and feel your qualifications match the position requirements, please submit your resume to by email or fax to (416)759-5723.