KeHE Distributors Employee Reviews

Run Away!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL16 February 2017
Horrible place to work! I would avoid at all costs! Management has no structure. They fire people easily--no job security!! Workload is unbearable! Long work hours---no work/life balance!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Be Smart and apply to someone better
Merchandiser/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Brea, CA27 January 2017
Sorry I do not recommend KeHe as a place to work. I don't have any positive words for describing this company. They do not respect the field associates who do all the back breaking work that pays their salaries. I guess it's easier to hire 10 stupid people for low wages than it is to keep just a few good workers and treat them well.
Pros
Cons
low pay, zero respect for field workers!!!
not so fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL25 January 2017
Company is getting worse day by day. Avoid at all cost if possible.Nice people though that doesn't pay the bills. There is nothing more to say.
Good company to work for.
Field sales representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL area24 January 2017
Good company to work for, rewarded by being commission based as well as great flexibility to impact the bottom line. Self motivated employees have very few limitations.
Great Company
ACME Markets Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA8 January 2017
I worked for KeHE for one year before relocating with my family, and it was a very rewarding job. The company is amazingly ethical, and I took pride in representing them!
Pros
good company, decent pay, very good benefits
Cons
we were very short staffed when I was there
Great ESOP benefits
Independent/Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN7 January 2017
Great being involved in ESOP! Great management! Excellent flexibility... in hours. Fair and motivating commissions and spiffs. Biggest downside is having to work extra hours during holidays.
Pros
esop
Cons
working weekends
Easy work but not the best management I've been under.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL5 January 2017
The work is not difficult, however there is a ton of multitasking, flipping between screens that goes on. It is overall a small work load. Not all of the managers or supervisors sit in their jobs very well, and they like to make you feel incompetent.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
you are severely micro-managed there.
Kehe
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chino, CA6 December 2016
Poor management the management here sucks
Unorganized supervisors have numerous harassment cases against them I do not recommend this job at all.
A lot of over time .
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Company with great values
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL6 December 2016
KeHE is a great company for which to work. The company has great core values and practices what it preaches. I would strongly recommend looking into KeHE.
This company lies to you
Driver (Former Employee) –  Texas26 November 2016
I bid on a route that paid well, but when I started to run the route, it didn't add up to the pay. Allot of drivers are leaving this company because they don't care about you, if your route requires you to have a lift gate, they won't put you on one so you have to ramp everything. Not a good place to work, allot of folks are looking to leave this company
Pros
Start at 5am and be done by 10am
Cons
No money for the work you do.
Already Over It
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO16 November 2016
First of all, you can't promise anyone anything on the days you work because said days are otherwise open-ended. To be fair, I was warned about this before I started. However, I wasn't aware as to how much of a toll this would take on my personal life. If you don't care when you get off work and don't have other obligations, then by all means apply.

Also, the facility I work at is relatively new and everything was set up halfway from the get-go. You would think a company that has been around as long as it has would be able to take the knowledge acquired from previous facilities and apply it to the building and operation of a new warehouse. There's barely enough room for two triple jacks to get through each aisle, making pulling orders a pain in the neck when multiple people have to get through the aisles. Sometimes half the shelves are empty first thing in the morning because no one is taking care of them at night. There is an overnight receiving crew, but they are already there sometimes more than 12 hours a night just making sure all the inbound freight is getting put away.

The starting pay is exceptional for a warehouse job considering the average in this state for such jobs is about $11-12/hr. And, if you are fast enough, there are pay incentives for pulling more than a set number of cases per hour. I've heard complaints from other employees about the incentive not being high enough. This is a dispute that went on between those employees and management and reduced morale for a while.

For me, the biggest thing for me is personal space. Most of my previous
  more... work experience involved having my own work area and being relatively undisturbed by co-workers and supervisors. At a KeHe warehouse, you are always moving around other lift equipment and watching for other people trying to get through the aisles. Not everyone is careful as they are speeding through trying to make incentive.

I don't feel like this company is a great fit for me and am seeking other employment as I type this. And I just moved further away from work so my commute is ridiculously long. But I'm obviously only one person and can't speak for everyone.
Pros
Pay, incentives, reliable co-workers
Cons
Everyone out for themselves, rift between employees and management
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX1 November 2016
Great company to work for. KeKE gives back to communities all over the world. My coworkers were great and we all helped each other when the conversion took place. The CEO is a very generous man.
Productive place to work with ping pong table in break room
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Weston, FL22 October 2016
Very productive with a fast past envirnment.. I have learned how to use the ADI Program.. Managers very respectable.. Co-workers very friendly and help one another out due..
Pros
Free Safety Lunches
Cons
Very HOT warehouse
Was a great place to work but change in management and HR changed environment from great to terrible
Selector (Current Employee) –  Elkton, FL18 October 2016
KeHE used to be a great place to work and the environment was fun but everyone knew that work had to be done. Former Director was a great guy who knew his people and loved his job and the company. Former HR girl was incredible. Always showed care and concern for all workers and brought a great heart and attitude that was contagious to all workers. Out of the blue both of the people that the workers trusted and knew had our backs were gone and workers were left with management that doesn't care about workers and only cares about numbers. New HR has no idea what is going on and doesn't even try to know workers names. No more heart in this company. When old Director and HR left so did the heart of the company. Very sad and very confused workers. Bad decision to let those two people leave KeHE because they were the two people that workers cared about and worked hard for. You want a better company and happier workers bring them both back. New management and HR are not cutting it.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything now that two important people are gone
Productive and progressive
Contract Programmer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL10 October 2016
KeHE proved to be a forward moving company with a keen future. KeHE employs much of the latest third party software that allowed KeHE's IT personnel to carry the company into the future.
Fresh Products Account Management (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL4 September 2016
I worked for KeHE for 6 years. Great company, growing very quickly. Great education programs, they offer just about anything you could ask for in a large company. Downfall-with growth comes restructuring and that means possible job loss. Money could have been better-and compensation appeared to trend higher for males in similar or same roles.
Pros
Employee Owned
Cons
High rate of growth and lay-off's
Looooooooong nights!
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Chino, CA27 August 2016
I've been with the company for over a month, the work is simple if you've case selected in the past. Hard part is the long hours, I'm talking 12 to 15 hours daily and they can mandate you and force to to come on you days off. Lots of favoritism with the orders being past out,
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay
Horrible company
Carousel-merge (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 August 2016
I've been working for this company for almost 2yrs and right off the back within months of being with the company i notice a lot of miscommunication. They are very unorganized and definitly don't appreciate their employees. The management sucks, in the almost 2yrs ive been here all management does is sit in their office with their feet kicked up. Not one time have i seen them get on a piece of equipement and help out or even stay on the floor to even help their employees. When we have Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners we have it all in one instead of renting a nice venue where the families of the employees can enjoy themselves. And when they do decide to feed us its garbage. You would think with them being a multi million dollar company they would offer that, but yet in still when we have town hall meetings their bragging on how many stores they taking from their competition instead of saying "hey guys we're going to give you $1 raise for all your hard work." Not to mention their suppose to be a Christian based company, but they have their employees working on sundays including (easter, mothers day, father's day etc) while their at home with their families
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management, HR
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR5 August 2016
I've worked for this company for around 13 years. It wasn't a bad experience. Made a lot of friends. And learned a lot about the industry. Id probably still be there if not for me relocating where they don't have any jobs available.
Not an ideal place to work!
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX19 July 2016
Lots of hours to be made,but if you don't make your numbers you can be fired quick.Management is not the brightest.The company ,supposedly,supposed to be family oriented but if you have family problems at your home they really don't care to much. Unorganized the place is dirty,no one cares for the place.They are just there to collect a check..(THIS COMPANY PLAYS FAVORITES SO HARD WORKERS WILL BE IGNOR)
Pros
No one watching you.
Cons
No life

2.9