KeHE Distributors

KeHE Distributors Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NOT A GOOD CHOICE!
Manager (Former Employee), Brenisville PAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: I was able to keep the knife that there GM stuck in my back
Cons: Need to work 20 hr Days for there satifaction
I was hired as a manager, I sorted through the mess that was handed to me and straighten out the payroll system within a week. I was sent to train at another facility, upon my return my wife was rushed to the Hospital and was there for numerous weeks. I had no one to watch my son so I dropped him off at day care at 700am and went to work. I needed to leave by 600pm to pick him up by the second week of this I was brought in the office with no warning and fired. Lost my medical benefits and had to pay what ever savings I had to pay the hospital bills. Wolfs treat there prey better than I was treated.
Great pay and benefits
Transporter/Driver (Former Employee), Elkton, FLJuly 15, 2015
This was a great job with great pay and benefits, but was a great deal more physical than I had anticipated. I had 18 stops in my regular run, which left out on Thursday and returned on Tuesday of each week. I was responsible for unloading and taking food products inside stores (even at night while closed). This was to be done in a very brief time at each stop due to time constraints. This was not something that I was not used to doing.
fun workplace, great warehouse staff.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: great warehouse staff.
Cons: automatic 401k, seemed like not enough equipment, esop
I liked working at Kehe. The warehouse staff was very courteous, knowledgable, diverse, and very competent in their work ethic. They gave me a chance to learn something new, took the time to train me wirh skills i did not have beforehand like using an order picker. I would recommend to someone looking for work and i would definitely go back to work there if the opportunity ever arose in the future.
poor choice of managment
Chain Account Receivable Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2015
being responsible for 7 accounts that totals over $7M in revenue
will keep your day very busy. Running reports, sending statements and working closely with account managers ( conference call and emails), also doing research and pulling backup documentations for collecting old open balance on the accounts.
very poor management - to much micromanagement, poor training,
changing procedures, lack with receiving updating contact information's regarding changes in management structures.( account managers getting promotion or leaving company)
co-workers depend on the individual can be helpful or ignorant.
hardest part - trying to keep up with changes in procedures.
enjoyable part - see results of your hard work to collect and clear oldest open balance on the accounts.
Commission is less than average and workload always increasing
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Portland, OR metro areaJune 6, 2015
Pros: Somewhat flexible schedule. Kehe kept me through several layoffs
Cons: Poor pay, large workloads. Much outdated credit for specialty products.
I did not rate Kehe very highly but I am a loyal worker and stayed on until store closings caused many layoffs; more than 50%. However, I am a loyal worker and stayed on until it was no longer possible and the layoffs occurred. There was no base rate and the commission rate was less than average for retail sales and the workloads increased every year without an increase in commission. It took many years for Kehe to give more than 50% of the Federal Guidelines for mileage. I
The job would have been better had there not been so many specialty food products. More than 50% of my work was rotating product and dealing with credits and the credits came off the top of the commission even though product had to be handled at least 2x and sometimes more often.
Not the worst place to work
Specialist (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 23, 2015
Pros: Casual work environment, work from home opportunities for some departments, decent benefits package
Cons: Lengthy wait times for more than 3 weeks vacation, only 6 paid holidays.
The company is growing and changing - that could be good or bad, depending on where you fit into the grand scheme of things. People aren't always as friendly as you would expect them to be for an organization that started as a family run business. They are working on improving their on-boarding process but it still needs to improve.
If you work where the bread and butter are, you have a better chance of also receiving bonuses, but for the general office or warehouse jobs (finance, IT, HR, warehouse worker etc.,) there's not much to be had - your salary is about it.
Management was trying to be more open about what was happening and they did have quarterly or bi-annual meetings, but there is still much work to be done. I sometimes felt that they talked out of both sides of their mouth.
It is an Employee owned (ESOP) company and very generous in that regard, more than making up for not having a 401(k) match.
fun, diverse, family and faith friendly (no matter the faith)
Sales Representative (Former Employee), North Eastern MichiganApril 20, 2015
Pros: pre-paid company travel, car allowance
Cons: lots of driving on the hard wintery roads of Michigan
Travel to businesses to take sales orders and generate more. I learned that putting something off until later is not the best way to stay ahead of things. It was very intense at times with deadlines and sales goals to be met but,I loved it! The people, the company, the culture all of it if I could I would take a job here with them. I only left because I was promised better from another company and that did not happen unfortunetly.
A good company but not always good pay
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Minneapolis,MNApril 1, 2015
KeHe Distributors is a good place to work if you want to grow your knowledge of specialty and natural/organic foods. If you want to move up in the company you have to be willing to relocate or live in the Chicago area. The pay structure is out of date for its sales reps and the compensation is going in the wrong direction.
The top specialty food distributer
Salesman (Current Employee), Lehigh Valley, PAMarch 23, 2015
Kehe Foods is the top distributor in organic, natural, high end, & kosher foods. I feel I'm a better salesperson since I worked for them.
A good company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: good management, travel, weekendsoff
A low stress job with managers who care about you. The pay is average but it has to be one of the best companies I have worked for. The work day may be short or long, it just depends on what the focus is as far as store resets being done. Plenty of travel out of town at times.
Great pay, great benefits.
CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORJanuary 1, 2015
Excellent benefits and growing company. Excellent place for CDL drivers. Most enjoyable part of job was being over the road driver.
Good company, great benefits, good people
Regional Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityDecember 21, 2014
Pros: good people, good work environment
Cons: lack of communication at times
I enjoyed working as a merchandising manager at Kehe. I was responsible for people in 6 western states and all of the new store sets and remodels. I worked with many sales managers to coordinate schedules and remodels and resets. It was a great experience.
Good place to work but compensation is not the best
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Naperville, ILDecember 15, 2014
Compensation is not the best. No 401(k) match, but ESOP.

Vacation package is behind industry standards.
Challenging work enviroment
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, DC and Northern VA.November 5, 2014
Supervise an account of 56 supermarkets. Responsibility of 11 sales reps and 4 merchandisers Planning and setting goals for the sales team and the merchandising team. In the specialty food distribution of 2500 different items in just about every category and department of a major chain supermarket. The responsibility of hiring and maintaining a cohesive workforce.
Excellent working environment
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Commerce, CAOctober 12, 2014
Great place to work,excellent management. I am the Facilities Maintenance Technician responsible tor the upkeep of the facility as well as Equipment maintenance,ensure safe surroundings for all employees and visitors to the facility.
Don't apply unless you like to work for 'Free"
F Emp. (Former Employee), FLOctober 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, esop, working solo
Cons: poor unexperienced management, two-faced co-workers
Typical day started at 6 a.m. -6p.m. tricky, not knowing if your job is secure. Management that have never held a Supervisor position. Felt like anything you did good, just wasn't good enough. Oh, and the evaluations are a joke, what a waste of time! Most difficult part of job was getting an order in the store which meant it better be a good size order, for a healthy paycheck.
The best part of the job is flexible schedule, benefits, vacation time, but aside from all that meeting new people, presenting new items, and developing re-pot with Store personnel.All in all, i enjoyed my job but, did not like working for free! I was unable to support my family with the 'slow' route I had.
WORST JOB EVER
palletizer (Former Employee), romeoville,ilAugust 14, 2014
worst position to work in kehe is a palletizer they wanna treat u like a animal and expexct alot of work from u .. cowokers are pretty koo .. superviors get alot of presure .. PALLETIZER worst postion in kehe
fun and productive very energetic
Selector (Former Employee), Weston, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: pay, benifits
Cons: short breaks
Loved working for this company, the benefits were great, the coworkers were very fun to work with, did not feel a lot of pressure, Managers treated employees with respect and understanding
Fair wages and accesible management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAMay 11, 2014
There was a family like bond amongst co-workers. Management was readily accessible. Cross training allowed me to learn several essential functions. The wages were fair with opportunities to reward superior job performance.
Shoppers
Sales Representative for Shoppers (Current Employee), ChicagoApril 30, 2014
Pros: love working with people, esop program
Cons: loss of sales, massive comission cuts, being lied to all the time
I first sign into the vender computer. Then I place my product onto a u boat and work it up. After my product is worked up, I then grab a stole and start ordering my product for the next delivery. I then speak to the manager about extra displays in the store. Then inform them about any new items that will be coming in. My Manager clearly doesn't know anything about gluten free products. I never see him not any co workers. I really don't have a hard part in my job. I love it. The problem is my commission is being cut back so much I am not able to support my family.

1 2 3

About KeHE Distributors

Employee-owned KeHE distributes specialty, gourmet, natural and organic, kosher, and ethnic foods to over 12,000 retail customers – Read more

KeHE Distributors Photos

We SERVE to make lives better!
KeHE Distributors