KeHE Distributors

KeHE Distributors Employee Reviews

Horrible work environment and culture
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 17, 2016
Worst management I ever seen its a joke workers are treated like dogs and ordered around. Supervisors there are a joke don't know what they're doing at times with people constantly getting hurt with no safety measures or training.
Pros
If you have a Felony it's good lol
Cons
Management, pay, and safety is a complete joke
crazy place to work
Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 7, 2016
management doesn't know or understand how to manage people the schedules change to much very hard to move up in the company unless you know people. not a very good place to work. days off aren't always two in a row
Pros
can buy food at discount price.
Cons
poor management, they change your schedule to much
Growing company with a big upside to grow with.
Account Manager-Busch's (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 3, 2016
Researching new items for Buyers. Obtaining ad money from brokers and manufacturers. Preparing for upcoming promotions. Presenting new items to the Buyers.

Learned what is important to my Buyers when I am trying to get new items authorized.

Hardest part is staying ahead on a day to day basis.

Most enjoyable part is gaining new distribution in my account.
Pros
Freedom to work independently to achieve success.
Cons
Restructuring
good work enviroment
Warehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDMay 28, 2016
A typical work day could go either of two ways, depending on how heavy the workload is and how fast everybody works together. When everybody is working good and safe, we are able to get a lot done in one days work. The hardest part of the job is the hours; we go in at 2:30 but we never know what time we will be getting off. My co-workers often make it more fun to work throughout the day, they are mostly all friendly. The most enjoyable part is the good incentives that I make, and the learning opportunities.
Great Natural/Specialty Food Distributor
Customer Insights & Growth Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 4, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Company truly stands by its values. Fun working environment with great people. Great place to learn about the natural/specialty food industry.
good work enviorment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMay 3, 2016
i loved working at kehe, co workers and i worked together to finish the work quick, the hardest part of the job were the long hours but overall it was a good job
Pros
good pay
Productive place to work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 10, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company. Great benefits and career advancement is very possible. Learned a lot from management and fellow coworkers.
Pros
hot lunch and friendly coworkers
Cons
distance
Pretend to be Ethical and Faith Friendly
Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2016
Training is almost non-existent. Poor management overall. Heavily encouraged micro-management. Poor planning and strategy at the executive level.
Pros
decnt pay
Cons
horrible benefits, poor management, limited growth opportunity, restrictive pay increases with promotions
Fast paced environment with long hours and high earning potential.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 18, 2016
Early mornings to late afternoon 6 days a week. Typical day included breaking down pallets of product, de-boxing, stocking on to shelves, date checking, crediting, and invoicing new product. Little outside support and very self oriented. The job is physically demanding with almost non existence recognition from customers or management. Supply chain creates issues with deliveries not showing up on time so you must be flexible and able to prioritize.
Cons
100 % Commission based compensation
Great benefits
Selector (Current Employee) –  Elkton, FLMarch 15, 2016
Healthcare is great, most coworkers are hardworking and help me when needed. Others do not work hard and are not professional.
Fun workplace
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PAMarch 9, 2016
I worked a 10 hour shift. There was always overtime available. I learned how to be a quality control clerk working alongside my collegues. I learned how to identify products that were damaged. I learned how to be a team member.
Pros
Between breaks
productive
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2015
working for kehe was great experiences
i learned how to drive a electronic pallet jack. and pick order in a fast speed
management was ok
my co-workers were always moven so the motivated me to keep up with them.
the hardest part was worken up to 14-15 hours shift a day
i enjoyed working with my team together
Engaging Environment
Finance (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 18, 2015
KeHE is an engaging environment that will push your skill sets in multiple departments. Major concern about silo mentality and cross functionality, but with the right leaders this company will continue its strong growth.
Pros
Growing exciting enviornment
Cons
Silo Mentality
Great organization with opportunity to expand
Warehouse Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FL and Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2015
The two facilities that I worked our very strong in growth. As Tree of Life it had a very diverse environment with managerial growth. After the merger development halted do to the merger however, the ability for working with the existing personnel was very manageable. This is a good company and I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Growth in brands at the time of my tenure
productive alot of overtime
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 12, 2015
good place to work I love all the overtime I need these kind of work got family to feed. so if anyone of you are looking for work thi is the place .
Fast paced and fun environment to be apart of
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLOctober 22, 2015
Exciting work place to be apart of with staff that are respectful towards you and your work ethic. I enjoy being an order selector period so by being associated with this company i gained an enormous amount of knowledge about the food distribution industry.
Pros
No favoritism by the management staff.
Cons
Ticket order wasn't organized by biggest product to smallest product
Kehe Food's Is A Good Ole Boys Network
Procurement Analysts (Former Employee) –  RomeovilleOctober 21, 2015
The culture at Kehe Foods in many ways mirrors the culture at other food companies that I worked at.

When I was there they piled an abnormal workload on me and gave me responsibilities that belonged to other employees. On multiple occasions I was sexually harassed by employees and I never got the credit for the ideas that I brought to the company.

I hope the culture has changed since then but if not I would recommend look for another distributor to work for.
Good Culture and People to work for
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 10, 2015
I've watched this company grow from a little distributor and the #2 in the industry. Lots of change and opportunities for growth.
Pros
Good people in the finance department
Cons
miscommunication or under communication
Good company to be employed by.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Kehe was a good company to work with, the things that made life most difficult was the changing landscape of the grocery store business model.
mmm a place to work
packer/ picker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 28, 2015
a typical day at work is with standing on your feet for more than 8 hrs and packing totes and checking items. management wasn't up to par.some co-workers had there clicks and well i guess its ok but when rumars start its history everyone knows but u and it ends up being about u.the hardest part about this job was like i said before the standing on your feet for longer than 8 hrs. and walking up and down stairs.the best part about the job is that they try to do some kind of party when ever they can and u get a longer lunch break.
Pros
a good place to work, some of the time
Cons
management