KeHE Distributors

KeHE Distributors Employee Reviews

This company lies to you
Driver (Former Employee) –  Texas26 November 2016
I bid on a route that paid well, but when I started to run the route, it didn't add up to the pay. Allot of drivers are leaving this company because they don't care about you, if your route requires you to have a lift gate, they won't put you on one so you have to ramp everything. Not a good place to work, allot of folks are looking to leave this company
Pros
Start at 5am and be done by 10am
Cons
No money for the work you do.
Fresh Products Account Management (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL4 September 2016
I worked for KeHE for 6 years. Great company, growing very quickly. Great education programs, they offer just about anything you could ask for in a large company. Downfall-with growth comes restructuring and that means possible job loss. Money could have been better-and compensation appeared to trend higher for males in similar or same roles.
Pros
Employee Owned
Cons
High rate of growth and lay-off's
Not an ideal place to work!
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX19 July 2016
Lots of hours to be made,but if you don't make your numbers you can be fired quick.Management is not the brightest.The company ,supposedly,supposed to be family oriented but if you have family problems at your home they really don't care to much. Unorganized the place is dirty,no one cares for the place.They are just there to collect a check..(THIS COMPANY PLAYS FAVORITES SO HARD WORKERS WILL BE IGNOR)
Pros
No one watching you.
Cons
No life
Not what its hyped up to be
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, IL2 July 2016
Started working as a transportation clerk doing very well in that position all to get transferred to a position that I had no knowledge of because of job cuts. Got a new manager who knows Nothing on how to run a productive office as production is rapidly going downhill. Cut overtime, raises are a joke, and because company decided to open two new facilities with no money to run them they cut employees and there is no bonus this year!
Cons
No overtime, raises, bonus for woeking your butt off doing twice the work
Looooooooong nights!
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Chino, CA27 August 2016
I've been with the company for over a month, the work is simple if you've case selected in the past. Hard part is the long hours, I'm talking 12 to 15 hours daily and they can mandate you and force to to come on you days off. Lots of favoritism with the orders being past out,
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay
Growing company with a big upside to grow with.
Account Manager-Busch's (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI3 June 2016
Researching new items for Buyers. Obtaining ad money from brokers and manufacturers. Preparing for upcoming promotions. Presenting new items to the Buyers.

Learned what is important to my Buyers when I am trying to get new items authorized.

Hardest part is staying ahead on a day to day basis.

Most enjoyable part is gaining new distribution in my account.
Pros
Freedom to work independently to achieve success.
Cons
Restructuring
Poor management/Unsafe work envoriment
Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA10 June 2016
I worked at Kehe a while back 2015. The way the Management ran the facility caused a higher unemployment rate. Lack of leadership skills and unsafe equipment as well as a safety hazard in how the racks were set up for both selectors as well as lift drivers. !5 dollars an hour is used as a means to get you in. Don't do it. The incentive pay for selecting and drops for Reach driver makes it impossible to earn your incentive. In fact lack of how to run a company and loss of safeway contracts due to rotting food in trucks and child like Management skills has made this impossible and seem more of temp job. Poor and unprofessional bad choice in who is in charge caused a drop in production and walk outs. Want to find this true then apply.
Pros
3 months $15 per hour
Cons
Back on the job hunt
good work enviroment
Warehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MD28 May 2016
A typical work day could go either of two ways, depending on how heavy the workload is and how fast everybody works together. When everybody is working good and safe, we are able to get a lot done in one days work. The hardest part of the job is the hours; we go in at 2:30 but we never know what time we will be getting off. My co-workers often make it more fun to work throughout the day, they are mostly all friendly. The most enjoyable part is the good incentives that I make, and the learning opportunities.
Productive, Fast-Paced environment
Utilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PA10 July 2016
My typical day at work involves;
maintaining shipping and receiving logs
arranging freight pick-ups for shipments
schedule delivery times
Operate forklift and other equipment for order selection and ensure all outgoing and incoming products are inspected for quality control
Maintained areas of work were clean and aligned with OSHA and safety policies and regulations
Inventory control based on needs of warehouse and replenishment of stock

I wouldn't say there is a "hardest part" of my job-however, the most challenging aspect was to ensure timely arrival / departure of check in / check out times of freight due to late / early arrival or changes in delivery schedules. The enjoyable part of my job is working with a great team and accomplishing my day to day set goals as they change daily.
Pros
Great work environment / management
Cons
Minimal opportunity for growth and salary caps
Horrible work environment and culture
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CA17 June 2016
Worst management I ever seen its a joke workers are treated like dogs and ordered around. Supervisors there are a joke don't know what they're doing at times with people constantly getting hurt with no safety measures or training.
Pros
If you have a Felony it's good lol
Cons
Management, pay, and safety is a complete joke
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX1 November 2016
Great company to work for. KeKE gives back to communities all over the world. My coworkers were great and we all helped each other when the conversion took place. The CEO is a very generous man.
Productive and progressive
Contract Programmer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL10 October 2016
KeHE proved to be a forward moving company with a keen future. KeHE employs much of the latest third party software that allowed KeHE's IT personnel to carry the company into the future.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR5 August 2016
I've worked for this company for around 13 years. It wasn't a bad experience. Made a lot of friends. And learned a lot about the industry. Id probably still be there if not for me relocating where they don't have any jobs available.
crazy place to work
Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IN7 June 2016
management doesn't know or understand how to manage people the schedules change to much very hard to move up in the company unless you know people. not a very good place to work. days off aren't always two in a row
Pros
can buy food at discount price.
Cons
poor management, they change your schedule to much
Great atmosphere but never well rested.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TX18 July 2016
KeHE was great and all but you don't get payed what you deserve. When your working 16 hours a day standing all day you would expect to get paid more reasonably.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Unstable supervisors
Was a great place to work but change in management and HR changed environment from great to terrible
Selector (Current Employee) –  Elkton, FL18 October 2016
KeHE used to be a great place to work and the environment was fun but everyone knew that work had to be done. Former Director was a great guy who knew his people and loved his job and the company. Former HR girl was incredible. Always showed care and concern for all workers and brought a great heart and attitude that was contagious to all workers. Out of the blue both of the people that the workers trusted and knew had our backs were gone and workers were left with management that doesn't care about workers and only cares about numbers. New HR has no idea what is going on and doesn't even try to know workers names. No more heart in this company. When old Director and HR left so did the heart of the company. Very sad and very confused workers. Bad decision to let those two people leave KeHE because they were the two people that workers cared about and worked hard for. You want a better company and happier workers bring them both back. New management and HR are not cutting it.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything now that two important people are gone
Fast paced environment with long hours and high earning potential.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MT18 March 2016
Early mornings to late afternoon 6 days a week. Typical day included breaking down pallets of product, de-boxing, stocking on to shelves, date checking, crediting, and invoicing new product. Little outside support and very self oriented. The job is physically demanding with almost non existence recognition from customers or management. Supply chain creates issues with deliveries not showing up on time so you must be flexible and able to prioritize.
Cons
100 % Commission based compensation
Pretend to be Ethical and Faith Friendly
Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL28 March 2016
Training is almost non-existent. Poor management overall. Heavily encouraged micro-management. Poor planning and strategy at the executive level.
Pros
decnt pay
Cons
horrible benefits, poor management, limited growth opportunity, restrictive pay increases with promotions
Great Natural/Specialty Food Distributor
Customer Insights & Growth Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, IL4 May 2016
Excellent company to work for. Company truly stands by its values. Fun working environment with great people. Great place to learn about the natural/specialty food industry.
Horrible company
Carousel-merge (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 August 2016
I've been working for this company for almost 2yrs and right off the back within months of being with the company i notice a lot of miscommunication. They are very unorganized and definitly don't appreciate their employees. The management sucks, in the almost 2yrs ive been here all management does is sit in their office with their feet kicked up. Not one time have i seen them get on a piece of equipement and help out or even stay on the floor to even help their employees. When we have Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners we have it all in one instead of renting a nice venue where the families of the employees can enjoy themselves. And when they do decide to feed us its garbage. You would think with them being a multi million dollar company they would offer that, but yet in still when we have town hall meetings their bragging on how many stores they taking from their competition instead of saying "hey guys we're going to give you $1 raise for all your hard work." Not to mention their suppose to be a Christian based company, but they have their employees working on sundays including (easter, mothers day, father's day etc) while their at home with their families
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management, HR

2.9