Kaypok Inc. is an exciting technology start-up company spun off from York University research. We provide the next generation of unstructured text analytics solutions for enterprises. The technology analyzes data regardless of source, including public social media, proprietary internal data, customer surveys, email, blogs etc. We take intelligence gathering and decision making to the next level.
We are currently looking for a talented Front End Web Developer to join our growing team, located at the Markham Convergence Centre. This is a great opportunity for talented and versatile individuals who can contribute their skills in bringing Kaypok products to the market and fuel our international growth.
The Web Developer will help us deliver a cloud-based product containing a user friendly dashboard and comprehensive reports for our clients. In this role you will leverage your strong Java script, JQuery skills to develop the dashboard, and client-side application.
- Design and develop new web based technologies and applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Working with research-partner universities and colleges
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in web development
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of charting libraries such as Dojo, ExtJS, JQplot, etc
- Good Understanding of MVC architecture
- Experience with J2EE would be helpful
- Object Oriented programming experience is a definite asset
- JS experience and an understanding of Asynchronous Module Loading (AMD)
- Experience of Object-Oriented Java Script- Being able to create classes, objects and inheritance using Java-Script. Having experience on frameworks like Prototype.js is an asset