- arrive at school at 8:00 a.m.
- prepare the room for the day ahead
- teach JK/SK children, along with special need students in my classroom with the help of Child and Youth Worker
- teach, sing, dance and enjoy building self-esteem and life long learners
- attend professional meetings with colleagues
- supervisor and advise E.A. students
- write various kinds of reports
- represent the school as the teacher rep. for School Council
- work and plan co-operatively with my colleagues and various board supervisors
- plan for the following day
- leave around 5:00 p.m.
I have learned that the most important part of my job as a teacher was to make sure that the kids knew that I cared about them and that they could become whatever they desired in life. Knowing that you are loved, respected and have potential, no matter what obstacles we face, give not only young children hope, but others as well.
I loved my job and retired only because it wasn't financially advantageous for me to remain working.