kate spade Employee Reviews

Nice collection of bags to look at
Transport Driver Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
Its a decent place to work. The staff is nice and you're always on your feet. You learn a lot about the company and the brand that they stand for in the end.
Pros
lots of bags
Cons
short hours
Very fun and joyful environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON8 February 2017
Working at kate spade was a great experience and I believe had a great impact on me. Every day we would start off by making sure everything was in order before opening up the store and we would invite and interact with all the customers with a very positive attitude management was very organized and I believe helped the team stay up beat and set the tone for the joyful atmosphere among the staff. The hardest part of the job was probably the long hours thats about it, overall it was a great experience and it helped me gain more confidence and expand my knowledge.
Pros
discount on purses
Cons
Productive and good environment with ability to learn
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
It was not overwhelming, and the other employers were able to tell me what they wanted me to do and just let me do it without hovering. It was a space where I could learn and excel with my skills and abilities.
Working at Kate Spade
Muse (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 January 2017
I loved working at Kate Spade. It was amazing! The people there were great! There is nothing bad to say about Kate Spade. I wish I was still working there! I was just seasonal! I am very greatful for the experience I got from working there!
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
exciting job in the fashion industry
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2016
working at kate spade new york in toronto is a fun and challenging work experience that allows you to build on a lot of customer focussed skills and be apart of a great team of women
Pros
free clothes
Cons
comission based
Productive, fun and friendly environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 August 2016

Most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers, are really friendly and nice to each other

You learn a lot from the managers at work
Fun and bright
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2016
Great place to work, management was always seeking to improve staff targets. Takes a fun and energetic person to wear kate spade confidently! must be able to step outside your comfort zone to try different things
Below Standard
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
Great culture, horrible management and advancement opportunities. Pay is dismal for a luxury brand. Benefits are nonexistent for full time employees that are not part of management.
Discount used to make sense, before the prices of all items jumped up about 20%
Great co workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON15 April 2016
The co workers were good to spend time with, the hourly rate was great. However, it is hard to work there if you do not have a car handy.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Long hours, hard to get there
An overall enjoyable retail work experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  York, ON12 April 2016
The general atmosphere of the job is quite enjoyable. The customers, the products and the overall brand aesthetics are relatable and are fun to be around. The hardest part about the job is working with the management team. Though through no fault of the actual company, the management team is often difficult to communicate with, and as a result a lot of inconsistencies arise in pretty much all areas of the business. Generally, it doesn't really feel like a team and can often be a little frustrating.
products are very well presented
Sales associate and assistant visual director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2016
I quite enjoyed working for kate spade NY, but the stress of being the only boy, in a building of all girls can be hard if they don't treat you very well, it will get to you as it did me. I ending up having to of all of the stock and prep work and was on the sales floor very little, so I had a hard time make my sales.
Pros
lovely company
Cons
long weeks
Fast paced work environment
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON3 March 2016
- Busy, fast paced days
- Management was disorganized
- Co-workers are enjoyable to work with
- Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new employees
Kate Spade New York warehouse
Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2016
The warehouse is a great environment to have a great work relationship with associates and individuals on the management team.
Kate Spade Review
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2015
- a company who cares about their customers
- amazing and friendly staff
- the clothing you get to wear to work makes you feel confident and beautiful
- great incentive per/month
Fast paced environment with a great team
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON30 September 2013
Working at Kate Spade is an amazing opportunity. I love the companies motto " live colorfully." Which to me embodies a classic fashion with a splash of colour. A typical day at work is unloading and processing shipment. While also doing a daily stock of the store. Being an employee at Kate Spade is amazing because not only do you have fun working but you work with an amazing team of people ranging from managers to associates.
Pros
Amazing team to work with
Cons
No full-time status for associates