Katch Kan Ltd. is looking for a Payroll & Benefits Administrator who excels in a fast paced environment. This individual will deliver exceptional quality service with high-performance results reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism when interacting with employees, management and the public.
This is a full time, permanent position and an opportunity to work with a fun, family orientated organization. Katch Kan offers a competitive salary and benefit packages, RRSP program and an engaging work environment.
- Demonstrate consistent behaviours in line with Katch Kan competency expectations and corporate values.
- Process bi weekly payrolls, salary and hourly, accurately and in a timely manner, including benefits and time cards reconciliations.
- Balancing tax remittances, tax filing, special government reporting, creating tax forms for employees and year-end filing in Canada.
- Handle commissions and unscheduled payroll payments.
- Provide support to employees and managers regarding payroll & benefits, including enrolment into payroll and benefits.
- Track all absences, time-off, vacation requests and report accurate and timely statistics.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance, integrity and operations of payroll system and absences.
- Reconcile benefits premium statements.
- Administer payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensure personnel files are complete and contain all relevant documentation with regards to benefits, wages and emergency contacts.
- Responsible for handling Record of Employments as per Human Resource’s Development Canada guidelines.
- Liaise with various external stakeholders, suit as, but not limited to Canada Revenue Agency, Human Resources Development Canada.
- Creating and updating HR forms.
- Assisting with other projects and duties as directed.
- Back-up support for the Human Resources Manager.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in payroll and benefits administration.
- Experience with QuickBooks software would be a definite asset.
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in business administration or related discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm, professional and courteous at all times.
- Proven excellent time management skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Proven team-player mentality.
- Solid understanding of federal and provincial legislation as it applies to payroll and Human Resources Development Canada.
- Ability to work independently in a highly confidential environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities and a heavy workload.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients of all types.
- Proven ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Energetic and works well in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Experience within a professional environment is strongly preferred.
- Oil and gas industry experience an asset.
- Knowledge of company products an asset.
- Drug and alcohol screening
- Criminal record check
Indeed - 8 months ago