Katch Kan Ltd. is looking for a Paralegal for our Edmonton Head Office who excels in a fast paced environment. This individual will deliver exceptional quality service with high-performance results reporting directly to our Legal Assistant. This individual will be responsible for a wide variety of legal and administrative duties while supporting the Legal Assistant. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism when interacting with employees, management and the public.
This is a full time, permanent position and an opportunity to work with a fun, family orientated organization. Katch Kan offers a competitive salary and benefit packages, RRSP program and an engaging work environment.
- Demonstrate consistent behaviours in line with Katch Kan competency expectations and corporate values.
- Maintain all patent, trademark and industrial design files and keep diary system of timelines.
- Correspond with legal counsel to provide instructions respecting filing patents and payment of fees.
- Prepare Confidentiality and Non-Competition Agreements and maintain original copy database.
- Administer and organize litigation files; gather documentation as required.
- Liaise with legal counsel and staff to coordinate, compile and submit appropriate documents in litigation matters.
- Proofread and edit legal documents for grammar and spelling, in addition to other documents as required.
- Keep accurate listing of company vehicles and maintain insurance and registration requirements.
- Maintain accurate listing of property/assets and ensure proper insurance in place.
- Prepare documents/reports as requested.
- Document all processes and checklists, update as necessary.
- Administer infringement process and gather all appropriate information as required.
- Maintain all company minute books (i.e., completing annual resolutions, annual returns, keep minute books up-to-date, etc.).
- Other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- College diploma or degree.
- Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated organization and multitasking abilities.
- Experience with intellectual property an asset.
- Proven ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Energetic and works well in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Oil and gas industry experience an asset.
- Criminal Record Check
- Drug Screening
Indeed - 7 months ago