Our Client is currently seeking qualified Senior Oracle Database Administrator(s) to contribute as an integral part the Application Management Services team. Please apply by responding to this post.
Typical duties will include:
- Leading database design and architecture of large Oracle databases.
- Creating and reviewing current state of the database design and architecture with a focus on functional and performance optimizations.
- Designing a future roadmap for the Oracle Database platform with a focus on increasing scalability, functionality and robustness.
- Working with the architecture and product group, define, lead and execute on a defined path of moving legacy applications to the latest database technology platform
- Previous experience with large Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) applications, such as Oracle E- business Suite R12.
- Experience with Oracle Weblogic and Oracle Application Server.
- Implementing and maintaining multiple database environments, including logical/physical design and modeling.
- Supporting the product and architecture team to help define future product roadmaps and engaging in resolution of DB issues and DB analysis.
Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Senior Database Administrator supporting Oracle Database and e-Business Suite Environments.
- Demonstrable experience leading the design and architecture of enterprise Oracle database environments. Scoring of this requirement will be weighted heavily in the evaluation.
- Extensive experience monitoring enterprise Oracle database environments with a focus on database optimization, functionality, and scalability. Scoring of this requirement will be weighted heavily in the evaluation.
- Ability to work independently as well as integrate with and support the product, architecture teams and third party vendors to assist in database related issues or initiatives (such as product roadmaps, problem resolution, database analysis, etc.)
- Previous experience and success migrating legacy database applications to newer database technologies.
- Previous experience creating, documenting, reviewing, and executing database health plans.
- Previous experience with Oracle Fusion would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with Oracle Discoverer would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with Oracle SDO (Spatial Cartridge) GIS applications would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with MS SQL Server and IBM DB2 (non-mainframe) would be considered an asset.
Indeed - 8 months ago