Would you like to work for one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada?
Our Client has an immediate opening for an intermediate level HR generalist in their Mississauga office. The HRPD Generalist will be responsible for all HR related matters for an assigned client group that includes: performance management and compensation, training & development, recruitment and retention, employee relations, HRIS administration, and HR reporting and metrics analysis. You will also assist the district HR/PD Manager with the implementation and maintenance of HR initiates and programs as required (i.e. Health and Wellness, National Student Program, etc.).
Key responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for employee and managers on all HR related matters pertaining to assigned client group.
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment including identification of staffing needs, job posting creation, LMO application (for international candidates), candidate screening, conducting employee orientation and assisting hiring manager with on boarding plan. Assist with district coop student program.
- Identify training requirements and attendees within assigned client group and support employees in the creation and implementation of robust development plans
- Assist with the salary/bonus and talent review cycles, vacation tracking, and assist employees and managers with conducting on-time quality performance reviews.
- Maintain HR data bases, HRIS system and spreadsheets and prepare various monthly, Year End and adhoc HR reports for management review. Track and analyze HR metrics to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provide implementation support to district HR/PD Manager on corporate and regional initiatives (i.e. employee engagement survey and action planning, diversity programs, etc.)
- Assist district HR/PD Manager in providing effective coaching, counseling and progressive disciplinary strategies on all employee relations issues, up to and including terminations.
- Assist with facilitation and/or coordinating project-related sessions (e.g. partnering, best-practices, etc.) for client group
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business and human resources
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible and diverse experience in human resources
- Strong business acumen
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant employment standards and legislation in the province of Ontario. Demonstrated ability providing beneficial and practical recommendations to resolve employee relations issues related to regulations, laws and policies
- Strong team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Analytical thinker with initiative to resolve problems and handle through conclusion
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an emphasis on negotiation and influential skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (excel, word, and Powerpoint)
- Project management experience an asset
- Knowledge of compensation programs and practices an asset
- Experience with student coop programs an asset
- Experience with immigration an asset
Please email resume
Indeed - 20 months ago