Karma Athletics Ltd is a fast growing fashion apparel company located in Vancouver, Canada.
We are a currently seeking a production assistant to work with the production manager to ensure all production targets are met. The production assistant will manage the fabric and trim development and order process, to ensure that all components arrive in time for production in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Full time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
- Planning: Review all the production and fabric requirements for the coming season and plan out the workload.
- Development: Ensure that all fabric and trim developments are approved within timelines. Set up, maintain and prepare documentation and samples needed for production.
- Execution: Ensure that all purchase orders and reports are executed and updated. Create, maintain and file all purchase orders. Tag all incoming production samples and manage all samples. Maintain all season fabric and trim information. Perform and track fabric and trim shrinkage tests. Track inventory of tags, fabrics, findings and organize in house samples. Track and organize lab dips, mill correspondence and make seasonal color cards. Oversee shipping and local transportation to and from factories. Handle research for fabrics and trims.
- Management: Follow up on all deliveries and react to changes in development to minimize risk and to ensure all components are received in time for production.
- Analysis: Review and analyze performance of the suppliers and use these to have input into the strategy for the following seasons.
- University Degree in apparel from an accredited school
- Minimum 3 months’ work experience in production or fabric related position
- Interest in local manufacturing
- Extremely proficient in Word/Excel/Outlook
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills
- Basic understanding of construction and pattern making
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written. (Mandarin or Cantonese an asset).
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines for critical tasks
- Unapologetically live the culture and value system of Karma including being generous on and off the mat, having integrity, being a global citizen, being an achiever, living with transparency, and having fun
Please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Sairose Kassam along with compensation expectations. This position is available immediately.
We thank all interested applicants but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.