Karma is a fast growing fashion apparel company located in Vancouver, Canada.
The Junior Accountant will aid the Controller in the responsibilities for the efficient operations of the company, administration of financial policies, implementation of ERP software and day-to-day management of all finance related matters. As the team is small and growing, the Junior Accountant will play a crucial role in helping create foundations of process growth.
Full-time. Permanent. Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Liaise with sales team and other finance staff with day to day month end accounting activities
- Daily cash management - ensure funds are properly safeguarded
- Perform account reconciliation and analysis including: bank reconciliation, A/R and A/P reconciliation, monthly accruals, prepaid expense analysis, preparation of journal entries
- Preparation of and related follow up on scheduled inventory reports
- Perform all A/P and A/R duties
- Set up documentation and training on internal controls and procedures
- Budget to actual review and variance analysis
- Liaise with external accountants and prepare and assist in completion of audit schedules
- Ensure GST regulatory remittances and filings are completed
- Accounting administrative duties as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of university or college Accounting program
- 1 to 2 years of prior accounting experience
- Enrolment into the CGA or CMA program, with a good understanding of Accounting principles
- Proficient in the MS Office suite (especially Excel)
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines for critical tasks
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and think ahead
- Strong analytical skills with ability to see the big picture
- Ability to take the initiative and be proactive, with exceptional follow-up skills
- Highly organized, with high level of accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Preference given to candidates with apparel experience
- Netsuite system experience would be an asset
- Motivated and energetic, with a positive attitude and a pleasant and calm demeanour
- The maturity and willingness to hold people accountable at one moment while supporting their project the other. No egos here.
- Unapologetically live the culture and value system of Karma including being generous on and off the mat, having integrity, being a global citizen, being an achiever, living with transparency, and having fun.
Please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Lesia Burianyk along with compensation expectations. This position is available immediately.
Indeed - 18 months ago