KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

Corporate America
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 July 2017
Hard place to get to, and a never ending fight to climb the "corporate ladder". Not the ideal place to expand a career, especially in the vehicle industry.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
American Company
Working for Adesa
Automotive inspector / Mobile Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
Working for Adesa Vancouver had its ups and downs . I did learn on working on automotive Inspections and mechanical . most enjoyable on the job was some of my co workers . They made the job fun . The bad part was moral on management . They make it harder on the job and did not make it any fun for the outside workers . Management always say the customer always come but there was one person said customers do not come first . The employees do . Take care of your employees and they will take care of your customers .
Very little or no contact whit upper management
Field representative for Autovin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2017
It was for me a very independent and fun work
enviroment, mostly because I loved to be on the Road and meet a lot of nice people at Car Dealer ships and also a new challenge inspecting Lease returned vehicles in three provinces. Not so great in poor weather conditions, driving conditions.Management
was ok until the work load dropped off an I was no longer needed.After that the most minute mistakes on data entry was played
out to be a dismissal mistake.
Pros
Independence most of the time
Cons
USA Corporation with no empathy for its Employees
Shady
Crew (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 March 2017
Some departments workload is 10 times as much as other departments. Some office employees complain all day and smoke cigarettes. That's basically their day. Not much respect given to those who actually do work.
A great place to work at
Arbitration Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 January 2017
Its a great place to work at. Good benefits and personnel. The company also likes showing appreciation towards their employees.
Casual Driver
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 January 2017
Typical day is to come in and wait for a job. Sometimes you delver a vehicle and sometimes go in a van and pick up. Sometimes the cars you pick up can be not in good mechanical shape but you can refuse to drive them.
Pros
Casual so there was time for other things
Cons
Not always guaranteed work when you need it
Current employee
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 December 2016
Worst company ever. If you are not on salary or have a nice cozy desk job, you will work your butt off and get crapped on constantly for very little money. They do not care at all for the hourly wages employees. Best thing to do to teach them all a lesson is if all the hourly wages employees went on strike and let them do the work and realize that hey....Maybe we should be paying our staff better because they do more work than the desk jockies.
Pros
Cons
Cares more about money than staff
Great people, good management
Block Clerk (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS17 November 2016
I enjoy my work at Adesa although the working conditions can be challenging. This comment relates only to the environment in that my job requires I work on the computer in an open garage type facility that gets very cold in the winter. It is sometimes difficult to work the mouse/keyboard as my hands get extremely cold.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Noisy, temperature fluctuations.
Bad management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 June 2016
Bad manager. Guards are asked to do garbage and other non security related duties. Impossible to do the number of rounds of patrol required, unless you go very fast, way above the speed limit. Don't care about employees safety.
Pros
Pay is average with benefits.
Cons
Manager is not educated nor trained for the job, unaccountable, unethical, always bullying workers.
Not too bad
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB27 May 2016
Very organized place to work. Good people, location was far for me, but it was worth it. Hours were okay, I got to work independently.
productive place
Rental Repair Program Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 February 2016
the staff is great and very productive workplace to be at. very work oriented place. enjoy working there for the last 15 years
Fun people to work with
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2015
The employees are fun to work with ,It's an easy Job ,It's to travel to the objective are easily obtainable. We have the best possible supervisor.
Excellent Work Environment, Amazing Company
Accounting Department Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 November 2015
This company runs like a well-oiled machine. The staff are all happy and mainly long-term, management teams are well trained and knowledgeable about people practices. Everyone employed there knows their job and does it well, and with a positive attitude! This is an auto auction and the energy is high on Sale Days, it is exciting for everyone there. Best Employer Award.
Pros
Great environment, high pay, fun job
Horaire tres court.
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  St-Eustache10 November 2015
Chauffeur pour les encans ,mercredi matin de 8:00 a 12:00.

Rien a ajouter.
Pros
Aucun effort .
Cons
Aucun effort.
Fun workplace, mostly driving all over Edmonton
Lead Driver, part time (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2015
On Tuesday mornings, each person drives about 15 cars through their auction lane for bidding.

The remaining days, the lead driver takes five people in a van and drives to various car dealerships througout Edmonton and picks up cars/trucks for the Tuesday auction.

We have fun in the van, telling jokes and bugging each other, which is the most enjoyable part of the job. Also, the day goes by fast.
Cons
not guaranteed work shifts per week
Great Employer
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2015
Great employer if you enjoy the automotive industry. Benefits after three months. Competitive salary. Head office is at King and Spadina.
An effective workplace
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2015
Our work day used to carry the regular shift with proper refreshment brakes, providing enough opportunities to learn not only work culture but also the life values.
In the company of my co-workers i learnt how to manage my work properly well within stipulated time.
I also learnt how to enjoy hard things like repetitive work as well as i appreciated the enjoyment while doing power wash.
I've had a repetitive job before but nothing like this
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 December 2014
Way to repetitive, and no way to change otherwise or motivate.
Co-workers were extremely friendly and great to work with. Management was decent but nothing to exciting.
the job itself was just unbearable. Getting into it at first wasn't bad at all but after a while it was agonizing.
Pros
cafeteria!
Cons
way to repetative
Its a good day at work, if you don't have to deal with the manager
Security (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 July 2014
Job is ok, but management is poor. He rarely gives instructions or informs new things to one directly. Sometimes he would deny what he had said. You just have to laugh!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Strict and fast paced work environment.
Bloc Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond BC12 May 2014
Very strict environment and same type of work each week

Work starts with a meeting and then off to our duties.

Duties involved filling paperwork in the morning, emailing customers after the auction ends.

Main duty involves live auction bookkeeping.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6