Kaplan

Kaplan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall Job of Choice
Graduate Military Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2014
Kaplan is a great place to work. I had some personal issues to handle as well as a relocation in the past year and my supervisors were more than accomodating.
Productive Medical and Podiatry setting
Medical Assistant -Extern (Former Employee), Hammond, INMay 14, 2014
Pros: make each patient feel comfortable
Cons: no cons fully trained hipaa and tb certified.
My day at work would be to very busy and exciting. First, I make sure and prep the office for patients, stock alll meds and supplies inside each room. Greeting and seating of each patient to the patient room, after they sign in. If secretary isn;t at the front desk I check ID and insurance card and take payment. Also, after each patient I clean the – more... room and file their charts back. At the end of the day we clean each office, because we had to visit paitents at three of Dr. Patels Office. – less
Productive Workplace
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 13, 2014
Please refer to previous review. I've been with the company for over 3 years.
great place to work
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLMay 13, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Being a Financial Aid officer was great. I enjoyed helping students with their financial aid. The co-workers were great to work with, and the management team was always ready to help.
Independent Contractor- Nortex Electric
Student (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 12, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: no retirement benefits
Worked on various assignments as the onsite Journeyman Electrician and foreman specializing in commercial projects ranging from one thousand to half a million dollars.
Exciting new industry
Director Business Development (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2014
Pros: new industry quickly emerging
Cons: very strong alumni (lost lots of talent)
Built business development from 3 to 25 and led team that won The Home Depot RFP.
Test
Director Operations and Implementation (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2014
Great company, great colleagues. The leadership believes is servicing students and providing educational opportunities to reach their career goals.
Education
Teacher/Instructor (Former Employee), Midland, TXMay 7, 2014
Pros: scheule flexibility
Cons: long evenings
working with students of various ages being able to make a difference in peoples lives
Great working environment and people.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 6, 2014
My time here at Kaplan gives a great experience in working in an advisory roll. I utilize my motivational skills to best assist each prospective student that I get the pleasure of speaking with. I'm responsible for putting together an excellent educational plan based on their needs.
Management is Great... The job...
Admissions Advisor II (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 1, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: little advancement; no monetary incentives
As an Admissions Advisor you will spend your day calling a pool of leads who have expressed interest in school. The position is not overly difficult and you are the only barrier to your success.

Management in the Orlando office is genuine.

There is very little advancement opportunities and no monetary rewards for being overly successful at your position.
Great learning experience
Health Programs Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2014
Territory management in an educational service company that gave me an inside look into the medical professional education setting
Instructional Designer and Coordinator
Instructional Designer and Coordinator (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLMay 1, 2014
As an instructional designer, I complete course updates into Blackboard LMS, and create course catalogs, training documents, and more.
Great environment and opportunities
GMAT Instructor and Content Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2014
Supportive work environment. Kaplan appreciates its employees.
productive and diverse place to work
nursing assistant (Current Employee), washington dcApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and cool coworkers
Cons: short breaks
I liked working at Kaplan I enjoyed working there!I learned alt of new tasks. I have hands on experience while I am at work there!
Productive and High Energy Workplace
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR/ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Plantation, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: great, fun place to work.
Cons: security is based upon performance; can be stressful
Fun, beautiful work environment with wonderful co-workers and managers.
Great Place to work
Systems Coordinator (Project Manager) (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2014
Pros: good employee engagement
Cons: healthcare
If you are an innovator and a team player you will love the fact that you can excel in this organization.
Fast pace environment with well established individuals. Everyone is will to help in any capacity.
Director of Career Services (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2014
Pros: being able to present new materials to students regarding employment during their class periods
Cons: hearing that a graduate did not land a job.
-Daily activity consists of reviewing placement numbers and making daily, weekly, and monthly goals
-Analyzed hiring trends and market demands to help add programs for the campus
-Monitored department budget and purchased items accordingly
-Met and called potential students to discuss career services and other areas of the school
-Collaborated with – more... Financial Aid, Education, and Admissions to identify new enrollment methods, and discuss financial standings
-Called employers to identify hiring needs and connected them to graduates seeking employment
-Working one on one with students and seeing them land their first jobs after graduate was the most enjoyable part of my job – less
Enjoyable atmosphere with a cafe and dinning area.
Undergraduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Plantation, FLApril 19, 2014
Pros: on campus cafe and consistent job training
Assisted with enrollment processes. Gained knowledge of online admissions operations. Management was fair. I liked working with my co-workers. No difficulties to the job. I appreciated the opportunity of consistent training.
A smaller location provided a "second family" atmosphere amongst management, employees, and faculty--striving for student success.
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Merrillville, INApril 17, 2014
Working for Kaplan was a pleasant experience. Financial Aid job requirements were standard when comparing to other schools and their job requirements. Working as a team with various departments and meeting with current and new students filled a day and allowed time to fly!
N/A
Senior Military Admissions Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 17, 2014
Kaplan University is not a company to plan on having a long career at, the company is very slow when it comes to moving employees up the ladder to management. There has been zero growth within the company for over four years now.

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more