Kaplan

Kaplan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
unproductive and no morals
financial aid coordinator (Former Employee), chicagoDecember 13, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: management is useless. students mean nothing to school
Management cant make up their minds what goals you will be reaching today. Stuck on phones all day bothering students about same docs and calling them excessively. They do not care about the student at all. They play favorites, have no integrity and morals fit what works for them.
Impressive client
Alfresco Developer (Former Employee), Chennai, IndiaDecember 12, 2013
The client is very kind on our timings, presence and the delivery. Encouraging entertainment events and games. Even we had long night work, we'd feel cool the next day.
Very productive, competitive
Admission Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2013
If you enjoy sales environment Kaplan University will be great fit for you
Great Place to work
Admission Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2013
Having the opportunity to help others achieve their goals. Great place to work .
I had a lot of fun with my co-workers and am really good at the work itself
Financial Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2013
Cons: the commute
I am very good at the job and have gotten excellent reviews in my quality assurance. My boss is great.
Success depends on the managers
Sr. Admissions Advisor/Mentor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: work/life, aggressive sales
It was great working for this company in Chicago, but not so much in the Phoenix office. Overall, it's a great school to attend, but not sure if you can achieve much professional growth with this company. If you're looking for something to get you to the next step in your life, or pay some bills, you may like this company. I was able to make a lot of – more... money with this company really fast. If you're great at sales, you'll do great with this company. I really liked working in the Chicago office, the people were great, the managers were great and it truly was more of a team enviorment there. – less
ADMISSION ADVISOR
ADMISSION ADVISOR (Former Employee), Fort Luaderdale, FLNovember 20, 2013
• Evaluating applications of potential students, wanting to attend the online University of Kaplan.
• Making outbound calls, and receiving inbound calls from these potential students, to ask and answer any questions they had, so they could enroll.
Enjoyed
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 18, 2013
I really enjoyed helping those achieve their desire to accomplish in life
Overall a great company to work for.
Instructor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2013
I enjoy teaching and making a difference in other people lives, Kaplan College allows me to continue to do the things that I love and enjoy and they allow me to be able to continue my education if desired with GOK (Gift of Knowledge) benefits as well as great health benefits also.
Fun and productive work place.
File Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches, nice employees, company parties, enjoyable work place, appreciative staff
Everyday I came in I would check with the receptionist and find out if there were any meetings I needed to set up for or any meetings I needed to clean up from. I would then go into the file room and check for new file requests, look and see which files had to be pulled or given to an attorney. Also, I would have to check if files had to be updated – more... or have items moved around.

Some days I would sort the mail and even take it down to the mail room at the end of the days. Also, putting the Fed-Ex packages out front in time with the proper postage and address labels.

This job was one that I enjoyed very much. I enjoy being organized and having the opportunities to make the workplace more productive for others. – less
Love teaching students skills that they can use towards their future careers
Instructor (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2013
Being in an environment where I can help people is my ideal workplace experience!
Nice lunch room
school (Current Employee), paNovember 9, 2013
The management was great and so were my coworkers when I needed help they were there to help me.
Productive Workplace with Excellent Benefits and Great People
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2013
Kaplan offers excellent benefits - which is what sealed the deal for me when I accepted their offer. What I didn't know is what a great team I would be working with and supporting. My team is made up of wonderful and supporting people who would do just about anything for you. :-) My team is the most enjoyable part of my job!
Very competitive pay for online school industry
Student Finance Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2013
It is a good place to work has their growing pains as any company as they customer base grows.
Review
nursing instructor- adjunct (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 6, 2013
Pros: interdepartmental teamwork excellent
Cons: spiteful attitude between some departments, and the president toward our program and its director
Daily one comes in about 7:30 to start work at 08:00. School requires instructors to be in the classroom no less than 10 minutes before the start of class. Instruction for class were based on both Kaplan present materials and instructor gathered material to make content interesting and relevant. Upper management is focused mostly on cost, and those – more... who want to be full time are repeatedly denied both full time but benefits as well. At best the management is confusing as many of the decisions made are kept to themselves and staff gets in trouble for not knowing what was not said. Co workers mostly were helpful and considerate, going out of their way to assist whenever possible. Hardest part of the job was not knowing when you would be stabbed in the back and by whom ( it seems to be a blatant daily occurance) As a new instructor any mistake was reported to the president before explanation given to me. I found I really enjoyed teaching, it was rewarding despite my pay shrinking each term casue the president felt like decreaseing my hours to the point I could no longer work there. – less
Decent Pay, Bad Days
Financial Aid Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: always being monitored, stuck on the phones, no opportunity for advancement
The pay was decent but that's about it.

When I stared my workload consisted of working with active students, but soon snowballed into working what was about five jobs in one bit the pay didn't increase.

In this position, you're stuck on the phones all day with incessant calls. They don't even want you to use the restroom unless you're on a break. – more... And the breaks, those are monitored down to the minute.

The managers? They don't do anything. Mine specifically, I only saw the individual probably once a week. That was always holed away in their office.

Managers don't take escalated calls. And always seem to get aggravated if you request any assistance. – less
A good place to work.
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 1, 2013
Cons: job security is practically non-existent.
I learned a lot while working here. I learned about Windows Servers, Active Directory, Group Policy, configuring DHCP and DNS. I also learned scripting to better control the domain environment.

The people I worked with directly were the nicest people, I enjoyed working there because of them.
Working towards life balance
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 30, 2013
Pros: using my educational abilities
Cons: unable to speak directly to the student in needs
although I was a volunteer with the student advocate position. Students emailed during different times of the day or night. Assisting them with questions and helping them to meet their objectives was deeply rewarding.

Long distance learning is often lonely, but Kaplan helped me to understand a global community.

My advisor was always their for me, – more... even when self-doubt ensued they helped me to meet my objectives.

I loved helping the students and being able to use my skills that I acquired in my degree program.

The difficult part is that at that time you only communicated through email. Sometimes, you need to see how a person is feeling, body language tells you more than an email might say. – less
Large company with great opportunities
Career Service Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2013
Overall a great group to work with locally with the backing of a large company
Dedication to Education?
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEOctober 29, 2013
Pros: co-workers are close
Cons: poor management, never sticks with policies, changes effective approaches, not dedicated to students
Kaplan University is an okay place to work, but does not like to stick with practices that work and are proven to work. Instead, business models are followed regularly as opposed to practices that promote education and benefit students.

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more