Kaplan

Kaplan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A comfortable and respectful place to work
Student Service (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day is coming to work and helping student fill out paper work for financial aid, and also filing away students personal folders. I have learned how financial aid work for students and also how to receive different grants. the management is can be tough at times but that is because of the quotes needed to be made for the month, but overall – more... a person that is easy to work for as long as you do your job. The co-workers that I have really helped out when needed to understand how to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is remembering that even though I work here part time and have really began to like the people that I am surrounded by, I have to remember that I am still a student and the job will be over when I graduate. Then the most enjoyable part of the job is the rewards you are able to achieve while working here for meeting your quotes. From a half day off to free lunch or breakfast paid for by the company. – less
Love working for this company, Kaplan College employees and managers treat each other like family.
Nurse Assistant Clinical Instructor, LVN/DSD (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 29, 2013
Pros: good pay, work 6 hours and get paid for 8 hours. (6 hours teaching and 2 hours prep time)
Cons: leading people into the healthcare field you know should not be a heath care provider, it is hard accept the fact that some people are smart enough to be in the nursing field, but do not have the compassion.
A typical day at work does not feel like work. Teaching nursing students to achieve a higher education nursing is a fun but challenging task. Management is always there for their employees. Kaplan has the best team to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with the students. Seeing them flourish with knowledge is the best feeling – more... in the world. – less
Great Company
Military Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2013
great environment to work in;management is supportive; co workers are great
Corrupt
Senior Admission Advisor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 22, 2013
Pros: pay can be good, but not if you're honest
Cons: lies, deceit, unethical business practices.
Treats students and employees as disposable numbers. Very corrupt business practices. Advisors are paid commissions, which leads to students being lied to and destroying their lives in the process. Company only cares about getting student's financial aid money.
MANAGEMENT
Human Resources Agent (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 20, 2013
MANAGEMENT MAKES THE JOB UNBEARABLE. NOT GOOD WITH DIVERSITY AND ETHICS. ALOT OF POLITICS
unproductive and no morals
financial aid coordinator (Former Employee), chicagoDecember 13, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: management is useless. students mean nothing to school
Management cant make up their minds what goals you will be reaching today. Stuck on phones all day bothering students about same docs and calling them excessively. They do not care about the student at all. They play favorites, have no integrity and morals fit what works for them.
Impressive client
Alfresco Developer (Former Employee), Chennai, IndiaDecember 12, 2013
The client is very kind on our timings, presence and the delivery. Encouraging entertainment events and games. Even we had long night work, we'd feel cool the next day.
Very productive, competitive
Admission Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2013
If you enjoy sales environment Kaplan University will be great fit for you
Great Place to work
Admission Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2013
Having the opportunity to help others achieve their goals. Great place to work .
I had a lot of fun with my co-workers and am really good at the work itself
Financial Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2013
Cons: the commute
I am very good at the job and have gotten excellent reviews in my quality assurance. My boss is great.
Success depends on the managers
Sr. Admissions Advisor/Mentor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: work/life, aggressive sales
It was great working for this company in Chicago, but not so much in the Phoenix office. Overall, it's a great school to attend, but not sure if you can achieve much professional growth with this company. If you're looking for something to get you to the next step in your life, or pay some bills, you may like this company. I was able to make a lot of – more... money with this company really fast. If you're great at sales, you'll do great with this company. I really liked working in the Chicago office, the people were great, the managers were great and it truly was more of a team enviorment there. – less
ADMISSION ADVISOR
ADMISSION ADVISOR (Former Employee), Fort Luaderdale, FLNovember 20, 2013
• Evaluating applications of potential students, wanting to attend the online University of Kaplan.
• Making outbound calls, and receiving inbound calls from these potential students, to ask and answer any questions they had, so they could enroll.
Enjoyed
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 18, 2013
I really enjoyed helping those achieve their desire to accomplish in life
Overall a great company to work for.
Instructor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2013
I enjoy teaching and making a difference in other people lives, Kaplan College allows me to continue to do the things that I love and enjoy and they allow me to be able to continue my education if desired with GOK (Gift of Knowledge) benefits as well as great health benefits also.
Fun and productive work place.
File Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches, nice employees, company parties, enjoyable work place, appreciative staff
Everyday I came in I would check with the receptionist and find out if there were any meetings I needed to set up for or any meetings I needed to clean up from. I would then go into the file room and check for new file requests, look and see which files had to be pulled or given to an attorney. Also, I would have to check if files had to be updated – more... or have items moved around.

Some days I would sort the mail and even take it down to the mail room at the end of the days. Also, putting the Fed-Ex packages out front in time with the proper postage and address labels.

This job was one that I enjoyed very much. I enjoy being organized and having the opportunities to make the workplace more productive for others. – less
Love teaching students skills that they can use towards their future careers
Instructor (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2013
Being in an environment where I can help people is my ideal workplace experience!
Nice lunch room
school (Current Employee), paNovember 9, 2013
The management was great and so were my coworkers when I needed help they were there to help me.
Productive Workplace with Excellent Benefits and Great People
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2013
Kaplan offers excellent benefits - which is what sealed the deal for me when I accepted their offer. What I didn't know is what a great team I would be working with and supporting. My team is made up of wonderful and supporting people who would do just about anything for you. :-) My team is the most enjoyable part of my job!
Very competitive pay for online school industry
Student Finance Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2013
It is a good place to work has their growing pains as any company as they customer base grows.
Review
nursing instructor- adjunct (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 6, 2013
Pros: interdepartmental teamwork excellent
Cons: spiteful attitude between some departments, and the president toward our program and its director
Daily one comes in about 7:30 to start work at 08:00. School requires instructors to be in the classroom no less than 10 minutes before the start of class. Instruction for class were based on both Kaplan present materials and instructor gathered material to make content interesting and relevant. Upper management is focused mostly on cost, and those – more... who want to be full time are repeatedly denied both full time but benefits as well. At best the management is confusing as many of the decisions made are kept to themselves and staff gets in trouble for not knowing what was not said. Co workers mostly were helpful and considerate, going out of their way to assist whenever possible. Hardest part of the job was not knowing when you would be stabbed in the back and by whom ( it seems to be a blatant daily occurance) As a new instructor any mistake was reported to the president before explanation given to me. I found I really enjoyed teaching, it was rewarding despite my pay shrinking each term casue the president felt like decreaseing my hours to the point I could no longer work there. – less

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more