Kaplan

Kaplan Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
student
Student (Former Employee), Pensacola, flSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: bettering myself
Cons: wasnt able to finish
I enjoyed being a student but to do my mothers breast cancer illness, I had to step away
Loved working for this company
OFFICE/CLERICAL/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Enjoyed every task that was at hand. Co-workers were awesome and and there was really no hard task that was given.
A great opportunity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great working environment
A typical day at work involved filing paperwork and other office duties such as making copies, typing, and faxing. Management was great at informing you of your duties prior to you working. This was an all-around great working experience.
Accountability
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Plantation, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: employee engagement and overall culture
Cons: only as good as your numbers
Culture from coworkers and adequate support is provided. Employees must remain focused on objectives and apply themselves always!
Fun
Senior Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2014
Good culture, student focused and great pay and benefits. Highly recommended.
Good experience
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 17, 2014
This company gives good one on one experience with students. Assists working on communication and presentation skills.
A great place to work
school (Current Employee), onlineSeptember 12, 2014
I have moved up with this company twice already, this has been the best learning experience for me by far. It's just a shame that I had to move away to South Carolina to find work and leave my loved ones behind.
Great Concept
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: i was able to help people
Cons: company was understand investigation for unethical behavior and had to layoff over 200 at one time
A typical day at Kaplan University entailed encouraging and enrolling people that inquired about school into a college program. I also assisted in and obtained financial aid including student loans selecting courses and programs. The management team treated this position more as a hard core sales environment and forced people to obtain loans and enroll – more... without realizing the financial obligation. I felt that management created a very hostile and competitive environment among employees. The hardest part of the job was getting people enrolled who clearly had no clue about debt involved in furthering their education. The enjoyable part of the job was when a person was fully aware and ready to actually make a commitment to "Changing Their Life" and furthering their education. – less
Great Pay
Student Accounts Rep (Former Employee), FortlauderdaleSeptember 10, 2014
Great hours and great pay medical was ok. the bonus and raise scale was the best.
Informative and Fun work environment
Loan Counsel Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: workplace
Cons: na
Helped students who has financial hardships. Enjoyed getting to know different individuals.
Stimulating and enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor / Educator (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 6, 2014
Teaching was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed the students and knowing that I was helping them to fulfill their career path was very satisfying for me.
Kaplan review
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), OnlineSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: very supportive
Wonderful company to work for
Tuition is paid for - I am currently working while obtaining a second masters degree that they are paying for - all online and through their school. The
Experience
Instructor (Current Employee), Brownsville, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: rewarding field
Cons: schedule
There is no typical day at work. Every day is different with new challenges and experiences. My coworkers are awesome individuals. The hardest part of my job is saying goodbye to our students but seeing them accomplish what they one day started is truly the greatest reward from this job.
Excellent Community Interaction
Graduate Psychology Core Faculty (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 25, 2014
The community at Kaplan is largely influential in the faculty development and support at the university. Courses are engaging and meet the needs for the students.
Aggressive sales environment, good team atmosphere
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Plantation, FloridaAugust 20, 2014
As a Training Specialist a typical work day involved developing new hire training content, facilitating new and continuing education group and individual sessions, coaching and collaborating with client managers to identify goals and the best course of action to reach them in a reasonable timeframe.
A nice environment.
Receptionist (Temporary contract) (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 13, 2014
Cons: not enough scope to develope
A friendly work environment. Customer varied from walk-in and phone calls.
I found the job easy as I have held much more demanding positions.
Great Co-workers and immediate mgmt, no job security.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: schedule, metrics
This is a typical performance based employer. You perform, you stay. You don't, and they box up your stuff and walk you out.
Give the entres test to a future student
Library Assistant (Former Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 11, 2014
Made sure for a potential student, do a test. Also I help students on the library for any question, reset password, give a books, help with computer work.
Good Place
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: na
Good place to work. Enjoy the students. Has good mangers. Co-workers are very diverse and knowledgeable.
Looking to get into the IT field and or management
Tutoring/Library Assistant (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: knowing that there is a job out there that i will be getting that i will enjoy working at.
Cons: not able to support myself at this time.
At this time I'm unemployed and been busy searching for work. During this process I Keep a good disposition as I search.

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more