Kaplan

Kaplan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Involved in all parts of business, enjoyed working with co-workers and employees
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 11, 2012
Pros: had a great team, helped me use my multitasking skills, coaching and customer service skills.
Cons: long hours
A typical day involved managing staff and teachers, teacher roster, monitor classes, overlooking condition of classes and center, customer service, hiring and training, accounting, marketing, sales, inventory and sourcing suppliers.
My job involved managing and coaching my staff and teachers to help improve performance and help them use their strong – more... skills. Helped motivate students and coach them on dealing with stress. Trained teacher on handling touch situations in classes. – less
Great place
Student work study (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2014
Great work environment with hard working co workers each focused on the goal of helping to provide a successful educational environment for students attending campus
Family oriented workplace
Externship Administrative Coordinator-ADCS (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 15, 2014
Kaplan works to ensure employees have a safe and compliant work environment.
Kaplan
Instructor/Department Head (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: approacability
Management was fabulous, the owner of the school was also the director, he was fantastic, cared about the students, staff and faculty
An Encouraging and Supportive Place to Work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2014
I've really enjoyed the encouraging and supporting environment that is provided at Kaplan University. The employee training is outstanding. Our management staff works hard to help you in any way possible!
A great learning experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hammond, INOctober 11, 2014
Pros: was able to learn new tactics with computers. got on hand training for fixing the computers.
Cons: no room for advancement or opportunities for a job there.
I updated the lab computers with the proper Windows updates and installed necessary programs for use with the classes taught there. I ran diagnostics on the lab computer when they were not working right and fixed them when appropriate. I followed management information to the last detail as this was expected of all the volunteers.
CNA Education
CNA student (Former Employee), Vista, CAOctober 9, 2014
CNA Education, classes. Pleasant teachers. They really work with you to place you in quality internships for the class.
College Student Job
Student Concierge (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2014
Pros: taco tuesdays
Cons: management, hours, co workers
This job is perfect for a college student wanting to make a few hours here and there. Job is extremely stressful. Management is horrible and the higher ups do not care about you. This is a extremely small call center and it still isn't ran as a professional environment.
ACM & Acting Manager
ACM (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: i kept very busy, which is what i need.
Cons: we were not able to pay bills, leading to very unhappy residents and there was nothing i could do about it.
We had four different managers, or no manager at all most times. That suited me just fine, I got things done faster.
Overall good work environment
Admissions Manager (Current Employee), Hammond, INSeptember 30, 2014
Admissions Manager Kaplan College, Hammond, IN
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Accurately explain all educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students and parents
• Schedule and conduct interviews and pursue qualified candidates for enrollment (L-E 29%)
• Staff, train, coach, and manage – more... the Admissions team to ensure monthly goals are met or exceeded
• Manage a team of 11 Admissions Representatives to achieve a 20-23% lead to start rate
• Motivate Admissions team to consistently achieve a (79- 84% show rate)
• Consistently deliver 100-110% to budget.
• Manage team to consistently achieve the monthly, student re-enter budget, (7 to 10 per month)
• Ensure 100% compliance with all state and local accrediting bodies
• Deliver individual and team feedback through coaching and training
• Identify performance trends and opportunities
• Develop and implement an aggressive referral program
• Develop and execute both short and long term student recruitment strategies
• Accurately Forecast new students starts, for classroom occupancy

08/09 – 11/12 Premier Admissions Advisor Kaplan College, Hammond, IN
Responsibilities included but were not limited to:
• Recruit, enroll and start new students, (L-E 29%,), 186-205 new student starts, year over year
• Contact inquiries promptly and conduct appropriate follow-up activity (L-A 65% A-I 62%)
• Accurately and compliantly communicate campus features and program information (I-E 87%)
• Perform consistently to meet or exceed established monthly goals (L-S 25%)
• Communicate with students prior to class to identify and address potential concerns
• Generate personally developed inquiries and referrals (PDL conversion 41%)
• Keep current on all program offerings and seek to improve product knowledge
• Actively complete all assigned training and webinars
• Appropriately represent Kaplan College at local schools and community events
• Share best practices with the team with focus on time management and contact management – less
student
Student (Former Employee), Pensacola, flSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: bettering myself
Cons: wasnt able to finish
I enjoyed being a student but to do my mothers breast cancer illness, I had to step away
Loved working for this company
OFFICE/CLERICAL/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Enjoyed every task that was at hand. Co-workers were awesome and and there was really no hard task that was given.
A great opportunity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great working environment
A typical day at work involved filing paperwork and other office duties such as making copies, typing, and faxing. Management was great at informing you of your duties prior to you working. This was an all-around great working experience.
Accountability
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Plantation, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: employee engagement and overall culture
Cons: only as good as your numbers
Culture from coworkers and adequate support is provided. Employees must remain focused on objectives and apply themselves always!
Fun
Senior Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2014
Good culture, student focused and great pay and benefits. Highly recommended.
Good experience
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 17, 2014
This company gives good one on one experience with students. Assists working on communication and presentation skills.
A great place to work
school (Current Employee), onlineSeptember 12, 2014
I have moved up with this company twice already, this has been the best learning experience for me by far. It's just a shame that I had to move away to South Carolina to find work and leave my loved ones behind.
Great Concept
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: i was able to help people
Cons: company was understand investigation for unethical behavior and had to layoff over 200 at one time
A typical day at Kaplan University entailed encouraging and enrolling people that inquired about school into a college program. I also assisted in and obtained financial aid including student loans selecting courses and programs. The management team treated this position more as a hard core sales environment and forced people to obtain loans and enroll – more... without realizing the financial obligation. I felt that management created a very hostile and competitive environment among employees. The hardest part of the job was getting people enrolled who clearly had no clue about debt involved in furthering their education. The enjoyable part of the job was when a person was fully aware and ready to actually make a commitment to "Changing Their Life" and furthering their education. – less
Great Pay
Student Accounts Rep (Former Employee), FortlauderdaleSeptember 10, 2014
Great hours and great pay medical was ok. the bonus and raise scale was the best.
Informative and Fun work environment
Loan Counsel Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: workplace
Cons: na
Helped students who has financial hardships. Enjoyed getting to know different individuals.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more