Kaplan

Kaplan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Involved in all parts of business, enjoyed working with co-workers and employees
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 11, 2012
Pros: had a great team, helped me use my multitasking skills, coaching and customer service skills.
Cons: long hours
A typical day involved managing staff and teachers, teacher roster, monitor classes, overlooking condition of classes and center, customer service, hiring and training, accounting, marketing, sales, inventory and sourcing suppliers.
My job involved managing and coaching my staff and teachers to help improve performance and help them use their strong – more... skills. Helped motivate students and coach them on dealing with stress. Trained teacher on handling touch situations in classes. – less
A nice environment.
Receptionist (Temporary contract) (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 13, 2014
Cons: not enough scope to develope
A friendly work environment. Customer varied from walk-in and phone calls.
I found the job easy as I have held much more demanding positions.
Great Co-workers and immediate mgmt, no job security.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: schedule, metrics
This is a typical performance based employer. You perform, you stay. You don't, and they box up your stuff and walk you out.
Give the entres test to a future student
Library Assistant (Former Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 11, 2014
Made sure for a potential student, do a test. Also I help students on the library for any question, reset password, give a books, help with computer work.
Good Place
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: na
Good place to work. Enjoy the students. Has good mangers. Co-workers are very diverse and knowledgeable.
Looking to get into the IT field and or management
Tutoring/Library Assistant (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: knowing that there is a job out there that i will be getting that i will enjoy working at.
Cons: not able to support myself at this time.
At this time I'm unemployed and been busy searching for work. During this process I Keep a good disposition as I search.
Poorly managed , greed driven
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 6, 2014
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Treated people poorly. Unrealistic metrics driven expectations . Only allowed to use canned presentation to prospective students. Managers sit in with interview with potential students ,critique every word you use in your conversation to direct you to stay on track with the canned interview monologue. – more... Micro managed , poor management ,unrealistic, morally bankrupt,
unstable work environment. School I worked in was around for 80 years before Kaplan took over. Took them 5 years to close the doors – less
productive, positive, energetic work environment
Students Admissions Representative/Re-entry (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: large, energetic work environment
Cons: if management does niot like you, you are out
I worked at Kaplan University when it was a College, before the University was added. I experienced Kaplan as it grew from a one location one school to multi-location campus and online school. It definitely went through it's growing pains but has come out as a strong online University with the Higher Education industry.

I started in Admissions and – more... was promoted to the office for returning students, where I eventually worked from home for the final 2.5 years of my Kaplan Career.

Management was very supportive at the beginning of my career. Many of the management team had grown from an admissions position and understood what is was like to start from the "bottom" and work you way up. Kaplan University started hiring in new executives, that started hiring in their friends, previous co-workers and family members. The executive positions became very fraternal-like and only kept employees that would benefit them. One of the best managers I have ever had was forced to quit Kaplan because of the way he was mistreated within the school. This person started the re-entry department, made it the strong/lucrative department that it was, and the was forced to leave. I soon left the school to move onto another chapter in my career.

Overall, it is nice to see Kaplan University grow into what it is today. – less
Kaplan does not care
Student (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2014
This is one the worst places to attend as a student or as an employee, is a hostile work environment and students are just dollar signs
Fun Place to Work
CMA Instructor/Externship Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 30, 2014
Kaplan made working fun. Everyone got along with each other. It was like a second family. Looked forward going to work everyday.
Rewarding
Associate Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students navigate an often confusing process and watching them personally and professionally grow and achieve their educational goals.
Had its ups and downs.
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: pay was good.
Cons: took advantage of students and fasfa
Would not recommend their all skills department. Go for the Military or Graduate programs.
Excellent place of education.
Student Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 18, 2014
Form of higher education to grow or change careers.. Great communication with students and staff.
Productive and fun place to work at
Registrar Specialist (Current Employee), Vista, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, luncheons, etc.
Cons: health coverage, recognition, etc.
Great people with great students day in and day out. Many activities and events going on for both staff and students. Co workers are team oriented. Worst part of the job is job security due to annual rifts but most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work everyday and enjoying the people and the environment.
Great educational culture and work environment
Sr. Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits and co-workers
Cons: low pay
This was the best university environment I've worked in. Fun management, co-workers and staff made working with students a pleasure
I enjoy the Work place speaking with Students on a daily basis
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 17, 2014
Pros: rewarding helping students make career paths for the future
Cons: working in the college enrollment
Working here was rewarding helping students to determined Program of Degrees to apply for.
productive
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), onlineJuly 16, 2014
Pros: the students
Cons: changes
Very productive online environment with continued education seminars, I enjoyed helping students, advising, encouraging, as needed, good cohort team co-workers, the only negative, was that the university was down sizing and going through a lot of changes which affected the instructors directly or indirectly.
Learning experience
Hammond, Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Hammond,INJuly 16, 2014
This position is someone trying to furthur their education.Great learning experience.Very niceplace to start off
Fun place to work.
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers
Cons: management
My first experience with online education, learned about for profit online education.
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2014
Responsible for the management, and gross revenue of the Admission Team

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more