As an MCAT Instructor you will be responsible for providing exceptional instruction to your students and demonstrating subject matter expertise on all things MCAT. To qualify, you must have an official MCAT score at or above the 80th percentile in any section of the MCAT you plan to teach OR you must score in the 80th percentile or higher on one of our online practice tests as part of the hiring process. This is a uniquely rewarding position that allows you to make a big difference in the lives of local pre-med students while developing the presentation and leadership skills necessary to advance your own career!
This position entails either starting as an online TA working in our Anywhere Classroom environment and then taking on either one to three classes in Halifax during the summer OR teaching just in Halifax for the summer.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
- Build your resume and expand your professional network by working for an industry-leading company
- Supplement your current income - starting rates vary based on qualifications and all part-time instructors participate in our pay for performance program with no pay cap!
- Free/discounted USMLE Prep for qualifying employees under Kaplan’s Gift of Knowledge Program
Once hired, you will work with Mike Webber, our local Faculty Manager, to choose class assignments that best fit your schedule.
- Classes usually held on nights and or weekends OR on weekday mornings
- Classes typically meet 1 to 2 sessions per week (equivalent of 6-20 hours of work per week)
- We seek candidates who will be able to commit to working at least until the end of July 2013