Kandrea has been in the mechanical insulation trade since 1995; having district offices throughout Western Canada, we specialize in all aspects of mechanical insulation. We work with petrochemical, petroleum and heavy industrial plants as a major supplier of material and insulation services.
Kandrea fosters an environment of co-operation, team work and leadership for all personnel. Kandrea is expanding rapidly and we are seeking employees who are looking for long term employment and the opportunity to grow with us. Currently we are recruiting for a full time System Support Specialist based out of our Edmonton office;
This newly created position will work collaboratively with the Manager of Information Technology and be responsible for monitoring, supporting and troubleshooting a complex IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate must have a high level of customer service, be able to multi-task, stay organized, self-motivated, and have excellent verbal and written skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, support and troubleshoot the Kandrea internal and external office networks for operating issues involving failures, degradation and incident correlation using various software and hardware monitoring tools
- Provide technical support in both a domain and non-domain environment.
- Via the web and/or telephone; receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve service requests and incidents.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution for all types of the IT infrastructure incidents as assigned – hardware, software, telecommunication, business application, customer connectivity, cell phones etc.
- Utilize available resources, triage complex problems, taking appropriate action to ensure availability and minimize downtime.
- Function as an escalation point, owning the problem through to resolution
- Use current network management tools to ensure desktop systems are patched
- Daily review Symantec and Malwarebytes reports; monitor desktop security and proactively resolve virus and desktop security threats
- Escalate problems in a timely manner to the IT Manager
- Accurately and thoroughly document procedures, resolution steps, inventory and contracts
- Follow detailed technical documentation and standard operating procedures
- Assist in defining and developing detailed technical knowledge based articles
- Identify opportunity for process improvements targeting improved customer service and organizational efficiency
- Maintain IT rooms and closets at all the office locations in a neat and orderly manner
- Be responsive to the growing needs for IT within the organization and prioritize the requests
- Leverage technology to enhance and sustain business processes within the organization
- Function as a team member on assigned projects
- Other duties as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- 2-year technical degree, technical certifications, or equivalent work experience. Work experience includes Computer Network System exposure; LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet, and data communication systems
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network / telecommunication problems, working directly with end users
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Experience with Office 365, Sharepoint, Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
- Strong analytic / problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and phone skills
- A responsive, cooperative spirit in a team environment
- A commitment to the IT area with a focus on positive support and exceptional client service to all departments and team members
- Troubleshooting mindset to solve problems
- Ability to provide attention to detail
- Initiative to develop and grow and accountability in your role
- Experience in a helpdesk environment is an asset
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, high volume work environment
- Dependable, flexibility to work varied hours if required
- Some travel is required within Alberta
- Work independently under minimal supervision
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Sitting for extended periods of time. Extended use / viewing of computer keyboard / monitor
Remuneration commensurate with experience and education
Indeed - 8 months ago