For over 30 years, Kanatek has been designing, implementing and supporting complex solutions for its clients to help them deliver the best returns on their IT investment. Kanatek is an independent systems integrator specializing in data availability, networked storage, and backup and recovery solutions. Our headquarters are located in Ottawa with a branch office in Toronto.
-Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills
-Ability to understand and capture business and technical requirements
-Provide consulting, design and support for all services and products supported by Kanatek
-Strong knowledge of strategic, conceptual, consultative selling
-Provide sales support to Account Executive sales team in the GTA
-Work closely with, technical services and support groups, external vendor partners, and the customer to ensure an understanding of Kanatek Services and support
-Provide sales support for products and services, such as demonstrations, proposal preparation, SOW preparation, architectural diagrams, bid responses, pricing reviews, etc
- Able to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences
-Responsible for staying abreast of product roadmaps as well as understanding the scenarios, features and functions within each of the products and how these are applied to address business and technical problems of our clients.
- Interaction with Kanatek partnered Hardware and Software vendors on an on-going basis to stay current. This would included ongoing pre-sales training, WebEx sessions, conference, etc
In conjunction with Sales Personnel, develop and conduct transition briefing
- communicate commitments, expectations, customer organization, etc. to support
staff such as the Professional Services team to ensure a smooth transition of projects.
Perform installation, including customer training and documentation. Provide technical services including installation and support for customers in a highly complex data storage environment
- Although post-sales support will not be a key responsibility, it will be expected to make sure that implemented solutions will continue benefiting to the clients.
- Keep close relationships with vendor partners and keeping informed of new possibilities.
--A degree Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
-Three to five yrs relevant experience in vendor sales disciplines;
-Working knowledge in backup and recovery software such as Symantec/VERITAS, tape technology, RAID storage products, SAN fibre architecture
- Working knowledge Symantec’s Enterprise Vault
-Excellent knowledge of networking technologies
-Experience working with storage products on a variety of open systems
-Excellent analytical abilities, resulting in problem resolution
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Ability to work independently
Experience or skills with the following a plus:
-High performance storage subsystems and SAN technologies; IP SAN; iSCSI, NAS
-Database backup and restore such as Oracle, SQL, Exchange, SAP
-Fibre channel fabric such as Qlogic,Brocade,McDATA switches
-Clustered systems or high availability solutions
-Certifications (Symantec/Veritas, Sun/Oracle, HDS, Quantum, EMC, Sun, HP, MCSE)