KALTIRE Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive place to work with great people.
Tire technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 8, 2015
Great place to work with fun people and good benefits. Hours can be long but payroll and management is fair. Little bit of a dirty enviroment if shop cleanliness is not kept upto date. Overall 4/5 working experience.
Pros
Great Team members
Excellent Work Environment
Sales Representative and Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCOctober 7, 2015
Every employee is dedicated to doing their job and doing it the right way for their customers. Management is superb at this particular location that I worked at. When I first started, everyone was very kind and patient whenever I would mess something up. Trial and error is how it works and is the best way to learn; from your mistakes.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long hours (Mostly 0730 - 1800 hours - 10 hour shifts)
good place to work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2015
learned a lot good place to start your apprenticeship the manager was a good person the crew are friendly and helpful, i was changing tires and using the proper and the safe way for that
Loved working on different cars
Oil/Lube/Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
I walked into Kaltire asked for a job and the manager told me to come the next day for an interview. At the interview when it came to compensation I said since I am new here pay me $14/hour I will let my work speak for itself. A month later I doubled the tire/oil technicians labor, therefore I asked for a raise, I didn't get it and I quit. I will put in the effort and the time for anyone but if you don't recognize my hard work I will not work for you.
Pros
car service discounts
Cons
unrecognizable workers hard work
Kaltire
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2014
They are a good organization but have an old way of thinking, there pay structure no longer works
Terrible place to work, will never recommend again.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, OntarioApril 11, 2014
Right from the get go I was a co op student who eventually got in to work part time, part time meaning that we work even more than full time employee's do during winter rush. I was never set up for my first 24, only finishing it the month I was "laid off". The storage system for tires and rims was absolutely horrible, I would never ever recommend storing your tires at this location, we lose about 5-6 sets a month while I was an employee there. The used tire bin was so bad I was actually written up just stepping foot inside and having stacks fall on me. There was never any real effort to train or stay within the rules, we were often overstocked which resulted in a very crowded shop environment. During the winter while I was told gloves would have been provided for me while in the shop this didn't prove to be the case and I had to pay out of pocket for my own, the drainage grates were poorly placed below the hoists and occasionally we lost customer's lug nuts inside of them. Our parts room was not clean and we were often missing lug nuts from sets, mainly lug nuts for aftermarket rims. Management wanted to sell aftermarket Core Racing rims that came in bent. Management itself was a mess, it soon turned to having more managers in the shop than actual employee's, mostly managers in training who each tried to give out tasks. Our change room beside the upstairs tire racks had a massive drop off that I fell through and twisted my ankle in, was never fixed to my knowledge. I was working way more hours than I should, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (was actually working till about 9:00 pm or 10:00  more... pm each day) from monday to saturday with very very little days off. There were no 15 minute breaks, just a 30 minute lunch. I was offered an apprenticeship, and Kal Tire had kept the paperwork for this, even after I was laid off and it was requested. I was laid off in January, Last night, April 10th at 10:30 pm I recieved a call from the Vernon office inquiring as to why I was fired, I was not fired to my knowledge and was not in to recieve it and say I was laid off, called this morning, found out I had apparently resigned, told them about the call that night and explained that I had been laid off, not that I resigned or had been fired, was asked to visit this Kal Tire and speak with them there. Upon visiting and asking the very same manager if my employment record could be changed properly, he treated it pretty unprofessionally, and upon speaking with the payroll clerk, she had been there when I told him about the calls and asked him about it, she had no idea about the lay off either, it seems this was kept to management, I am still going through a lot of information to try and figure things out. Stay away from this location, I can say more but I already put enough down, this is a terrible place to work for, I will never work for this company again, and hope to stay well away.  less
Pros
great employee's - always fun to be around and joke with.
Cons
everything about this company and specific location, management, safety precautions, storage system and shop work.
worked in brooks alberta
TIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  brooks abDecember 4, 2013
had a great time at kal tire, was in charge of the semi pad worked by myself mostly, was one of the only people at my shop that could balance a Dayton style rim
Newly built office with good airflow and natural lighting. Reasonable work load with a great team of co-workers.
Information Services (Current Employee) –  Vernon BCAugust 21, 2013
Most of the management is helpful and interested in assisting present employees enhance their careers.

KalTire has 7 AIMS that they work towards rather then a mission statement.

As of summer 2013 they are in 19 countries worldwide with their Mining Tire division.

KalTire is still privately/family owned

The construction companies that are working to expand the Panama Canal have selected KalTire to be the sole provider of tires and related repairs for them.
Pros
opportunities to advance and discuss various professional development plans/options, job security, in house cafe (with slightly reduced costs), great training
Cons
seems to be difficult to get a raise, full dedication to the company is strongly encouraged (sign a commitment form)
Sales and Service
sales and service (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJune 29, 2013
Removing and then replacing tires on a car.
how to repair a flat tire.
management was great
inflating customer tires in -25 * c weather
the work was enjoyable.
productive and fun workplace
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCApril 12, 2013
Great place to work, excellent people, pretty good pay, fun varied work all around a stellar place to work.
Decent place to work
Supervisor and Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2012
KalTire was an overall decent place to work, the crew in the back was always in high spirits, though the management wasn't ideal. Unfortunately, they made my brother my supervisor, which is a recipe for destruction in any work place.
Pros
freedom to take breaks whenever you wish
Cons
bad management and no job security
enjoyable work environment
Automotive service technician (Former Employee) –  brooks, ABJuly 30, 2012
morning rush, usually steady work than dies down early in the afternoon, constantly learning and teaching people new things everyday, management was really good to work for as long as you were committed and productive and did your job right, very stress free as an employee. I really enjoyed the people i worked with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough mechanical work to keep mechanics busy