Kal Tire Employee Review

over promised and under delivered...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC2 April 2014
No matter whom you interview with or what position you interview for, your experience will be the same. “You’re going to be a store manager making upwards of $90,000/yr. inside of 2 years!” that’s the line everyone gets. What they don’t tell you is that they are hiring 20 of you in the area and in the end there may only be 2-3 openings. They say you don’t ever have to transfer to another location if you don’t want to. “You always have the final say” the truth is if you ever try to say no they tell you that if you say no now you may not be asked next time. Everything is run by intimidation.
In the end you’ll end up working 12-13 hours a day for around $50,000/yr. with no real future for growth. The culture the company has is amazing; they just don’t always live by it. They have these core values they call “Aims” and at the top of that list are customers then their people and then profit. Unfortunately the Sr. management team in the Vancouver area sees it as profit first and everything else can take a back seat.
Take my review for what it is. I’m an ex-employee (who quit, not fired) but my view is based on my experience. There are some very good people who care a lot working there. However there are the other kind of people there as well.

Other Kal Tire Employee Reviews

The absolute worst place i have ever worked
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 December 2017
they talk up a big career path, but newsflash.. if you aren't perfect, or liked by everyone, you will be let go for no reason, absolutely horrible, I will never ever step foot into another kal tire in my life.
Pros
nope
Cons
everything
tire changer
Tire/lube technician, service calls (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC26 November 2017
great work environment learn sales and laborers great people to work with,hours are good, work is good, how to do job as safe as possible,able to work with others on jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kal Tire. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8