Kal Tire Employee Reviews

Horrible managers
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Kal tire as a company is great but the management is sad a bunch of people who have never touched a tire or even a vehicle. They make u work crazy amount of hours especially if your a road tech and under pay you. They make your promises for advancement to make you take on more work load then you already are but will never advance you and won't pay you accordingly. You can make alot more doing alot less in so many other places...PLEASE I ADVICE YOU SAFE YOU SELF THE STRESS
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Long hours, under paid, poor managerment, alot more
staff made you feel a part of the team
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Longlac, ON28 November 2016
learning what it is like in a shop
having responsibility to do the job right
having to gain knowledge and experience
my co workers were great.
being able to go on after hour calls after my probation
Pros
team golf day with the staff
Kaltire
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2016
its was a good job, i did mounts and balances, tire repairs, oil changes, all the basic vehicle maintenance. i had no complaints other then long hours. i had good friends working with me and mostly everyone got along well. the management was good. i dont need to say anymore.
Pros
good job
very unproffesional
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2016
I was excited to work for kal tire untill i actually started working with them, it was a very sloppy, unproffesional environment to be a part of.
Fun workplace
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2016
We have a new manager now so its not as bad. Management was terrible at 624 previously, and proper working conditions were not met and followed.
Pros
Free food at partners meetings
Cons
Cant get 50/50 profit shares as a part-timer, even though ive worked there for nearly two years
Tire man (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
When you have no experience in cars and want to learn about it. This is a good place to work and start to expand your knowledge in cars. They will train you really well. Start with theories through computer video training and eventually proceed to handy work with a mentor working with you.

This is a team based job and has a lot of time pressure (depending on how busy the day is).

In the job, your main goal is to peel tires, rotate wheels or repair wheels as quick and safe as possible. Inspection is also done by checking under the hood and other parts of the car, but the main thing is the tires of the car.

If you are concerned about safety at work, there is nothing to worry in Kaltire. Employees are always reminded about safety everyday.

If you don't mind working in teams, working long hours and working 5 to 6 days a week, then I would definitely recommend this job.
Pros
Overtime (You'll earn lots of money)
Cons
Overtime (You ain't got no more life)
Hard work and displaced rewards
Retread Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2016
Seems like a good place at first, a fast paced company with lots of work and reward to earn but quickly loses its good looks when you realize no matter how much you pick up and push for it just isn't enough. Mostly because managers come in later than workers and rarely see what potential is there and who does what and since they're the ones to help your wage progress; well advancement is an issue. In slow times the only thing done is lay offs are threatened to those who don't "pick it up". Not everything was bad about the job but in the end was far from worth it and more of a headache than a career.
Pros
Free lunches in meetings, good people
Cons
Hard work, little reward. Expected to be a robot
Hard working company, has profit share after 1yr, team share after 2yrs and rrsp
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB18 October 2016
Management isn't the greatest, hard to keep employees. hardest time of year is October to December, working 14hr days due to winter rush. Trying to build mechanical into company, hard to when you only offer certain repairs. Needs to add more mechanical opportunities or jobs to their list
Long hours, good team and empty promises
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Merritt, BC17 October 2016
Ive been with the company for a while now and have learned from my experience that if you work hard then you get noticed but dont believe all the promises, you are constantly promised raises that never happen and apprenticeships you wont ever do. I infact have been told to buy a toolbox and tools which is pointless as they do not get used. We only have a couple guys on the service phone and are poorly compensated for 24 hour service and are expected to be at work 20 mins early after you had a 2 hour call at 4 in the morning which happens more often then not. If you like hard work with a good team then apply and decide for your self
Pros
Free dinner once a month and benefits
Cons
Long busy hours, 24 hour service phone
productive
tire tech (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2016
fun place to work everyone is ok to work with customers are great.
co workers are there for you like family
a typical day would be getting to work and starting my position asap dealing with customers and tires.
being able to talk to the employees when things are out of order
Don't do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2016
They expect too much and pay way too little. They will treat you like dirt and expect you to take it. Long hours during busy times. Unhappy atmosphere.
Cons
Everything.
hard work and steady pace
Retread technician (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 September 2016
it was an enjoyable job but unhealthy work environment, i learned alot about tires and a few things about engines, co workers were great, the hard part was stripping the chambers in a tight hot space full of dust and dirt, most enjoyable was working with co workers
Pros
good people
but terrible pay.
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC12 September 2016
Great benefits if you dont mind making minimum wage and managment that doesnt respect you. Push your limits, they make you all the things no one else wants to do. I would NEVER reccomend a job there.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, start at minimum wage
Very efficient and managed well
Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2016
Kal Tire was my first place of work moving into Calgary, they knew I was in need of work very badly and they helped me out. It was only for a winter because they needed extra hands on deck, but it was a memorable team and experience.
The management was awesome, very helpful and training was superb; I still keep in touch with them today. When going in, I would get into gear and start bringing the cars in to get serviced. Most cars just needed new tires put on, but I did many oil changes, and much more.
The hardest part of this job was leaving, they wanted me to stay because they said I was a hard worker and did the job right. At that time though about 3 months in, I was starting to looking into getting started with sales. It was a job I'll never forget, most people hate waking up and going into work, but I looked forward to it.
Pros
Great culture and team
Cons
not as high of pay as I would have wanted
Good job I guess it wasn't for me
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB6 September 2016
My time at Kal-Tire was alright, a lot to take in when it came to training and learning the job, can be hecktic at times, but what job wasn't, The staff was fantastic.
Pros
Discount on products for staff and the chance to work or cars, trucks etcs.
Cons
Stressful when it gets really really busy.
a good work place
tire tech (Former Employee) –  edmonton1 September 2016
its vary demanding but if you like a challenging and a new experience this is the place for you its a fun and exciting work place to work at
Worst place to work for period!
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC30 August 2016
I made another review about how bad this company was to work for and they had it removed. Well guess what I am giving them another bad review and if the remove this one I will make an new one and I will keep doing this to make sure nobody else goes through what I did.

The lie and use you and than screw you over when you need them most!
Cons
good
Sales and service technician (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB24 August 2016
Benefits were great (pick your own package plan) but salary wise it was the worst paying job ever and probably one of the hardest jobs. not enough men to respond to a call was almost always stuck doing everything on my own when on call.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
salary sucked
Not a bad place
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 August 2016
Not a bad place to work, wish there was more advancements. Hopefully they change things in the future for future staff. ddasdfasdfsdafasdfdsafasdfdsfasdf
Helping customers every day
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 August 2016
I have learned in my time at Kal tire how to make sales and help customers find what they need and somtimes exceed there expectations
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor communication

2.7