Kal Tire

Kal Tire Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work at.
Tire Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2014
Typical Day at work during winter/summer rush is from 8:30AM-8:30PM and when not during a rush 9AM-5PM. I have learned how to change tires, balance tires, perform mechanical inspections, oil changes.
Good job, great people, No Life and no advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hinton, ABNovember 27, 2014
Pros: great employees, good company as a whole
Cons: long hours, high expectations from management, no organization
I signed on for the Management trainee program recently in Hinton Alberta, With the thought that one day I may run my own store.
The store was dissorganized, run down, people didn't have the proper equipment, and management was as chaotic as the rest of the place. this program is available to almost anyone because of the high turnover. The chances of – more... becoming a store manager is slim as managers don't quit. so likely be stuck in the place you were trained as an assistant for years. – less
Good people terrible work likfe balance
Sales and service technician (Former Employee), coquitlam bcSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours and no real set schedule
day to day you had no idea what you were doing untill it needed to be done. the place was poorly managed.
Horrible company to work for!
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Sooke Road, Victoria, BCAugust 23, 2014
Cons: untrustworthy management, horrible work environment, no job security, very low rate of pay, only 30 min luch break during an eight hour shift.
Kal-Tire utilizes a revolving door policy! They hire staff and lay th off, without any plausible reasons, before they become eligible for benefits! Too many chiefs not enough Indians mentality! Absolutely no job security, what so ever!
In an eight our shift, employees are given only a 30 minutes lunch break with absolutely no other breaks!
The management – more... have no respect for the staff with no regards for the lives of the staff!
Had I known this, I would have never accepted the job offer!
They hired me at the Sooke Road, Victoria location. Through the three weeks that I worked there, I was constantly praised for my work ethics and out standing Customer Service skills. After three weeks they told me that they could not afford to keep me and that they did not have the funds to hire me at the first place!
What company with any descesy or moral values, would hire a person, and then lay him off three weeks later, because they did not have the money to pay him?!!

Everyone beware of Kal-Tire! – less
Nice place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Fort McmurrayAugust 18, 2014
Pros: that there was bussing to and from work
Cons: long days as the bussing was only as set times.
The people on the site were very nice and very helpful when need.
When checking the paper work from the last day if there was something wrong the men would be so nice to recheck the information so the information could be entered into the system.
Very good work atmosphere
Tire Tech/Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 13, 2014
Very good profit share program, fun work environment with decent pay.
Enjoyable workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 9, 2014
Employees and managers are always willing to help, productive and efficient training on Product knowledge and proper working exercises.
Good team.
Head Tech/Shop Foreman (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 15, 2014
Good people to work with. Very encouraging to furthering each ones career.
Is a good place
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
You can learn lots everyday about mechanical stuff on vehicles, good benefits, low pay, good managemen, good work enviroment
Very Terrible Organization
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Acheson, AlbertaApril 30, 2014
Pros: gain share (profit sharing) after working for 6 months
Cons: ridiculous management, they are all after productivity and less concerned about workers wellbeing and safety, none of what they promised during interview was fulfilled, very high turnover, terrible work-life balance, bad wages
There is nothing good to write about this company. Got employed and put on a job without any training. None of the things they promised was fulfilled. I will advise anyone not to take a job with this company because the management is ridiculous
Good work atmosphere
Tire Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 17, 2014
Pros: unionized
Cons: unionized
good place to work. everyone get along. management is sometime lacking. hardest part about the job is the drive there. most enjoyable part is the job itself.
great place to work
Shuttle driver sales and service (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCApril 16, 2014
I like the fast pace and also it was physically demanding long hours and kept busy
over promised and under delivered...
Store Manager (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 2, 2014
No matter whom you interview with or what position you interview for, your experience will be the same. “You’re going to be a store manager making upwards of $90,000/yr. inside of 2 years!” that’s the line everyone gets. What they don’t tell you is that they are hiring 20 of you in the area and in the end there may only be 2-3 openings. They say you – more... don’t ever have to transfer to another location if you don’t want to. “You always have the final say” the truth is if you ever try to say no they tell you that if you say no now you may not be asked next time. Everything is run by intimidation.
In the end you’ll end up working 12-13 hours a day for around $50,000/yr. with no real future for growth. The culture the company has is amazing; they just don’t always live by it. They have these core values they call “Aims” and at the top of that list are customers then their people and then profit. Unfortunately the Sr. management team in the Vancouver area sees it as profit first and everything else can take a back seat.
Take my review for what it is. I’m an ex-employee (who quit, not fired) but my view is based on my experience. There are some very good people who care a lot working there. However there are the other kind of people there as well. – less
Decent place to work, management turnover is high
OTR Tire Technician (Current Employee), AlbertaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: servicing heavy equiptment
Cons: away from home no overtime
overall good place to work however the management seems to have a higher turnover rate then the employees, learned alot about mining tire management.
SAFE WORK
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2014
I welcome the opportunity to further discuss this opportunity and how my reliability, flexible and dedication will contribute to the success of your company
sales and service (Former Employee), langley B.CFebruary 24, 2014
Cons: no apprenticeships offered
Great staff, work environment, and reputable company to work for. Great training techniques and the latest mechanical hardware.
Productive, Fast pace and self motivated
Sales and Service (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJanuary 19, 2014
To Full-fill customer orders mounting, dismounting, balance and oil changes. I also was doing service calls on farm equipment as-well as construction equipment.
hardworking, quick learner, honest and patient
tire service tech (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 9, 2014
Perform all necessary tire repairs, dismounts, and mounts of all tires at store location &field service calls.

· Drive haul truck, dozer, grader, forklift, zoom boom to the shop.

· Operate skid steer and bobcat for snow removal and tire and wheel assembly disposal

· Operate manipulator to install and remove tire

· De-energize all the equipment before – more... any work is done

· Check in, code and tag all tire inventories.

· Help monitor the tire inventory.

· Maintain and secure the tire warehouse, as well as keep it neat and clean.

· Maintain all tire department equipment to keep in safe working order and report all problems and breakage to supervisor or management.

· responsible for starting and turning in all work-orders and tickets to supervisor ormanager.

· Report all accidents immediately to your supervisor or management.

· Able to interact effectively with co-workers.

· Able to understand and comply with posted rules and procedures.

· Able to accept constructive criticism – less
productive and fun place to work at
Sales and Service (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Cons: limited positions available
two thumps up

great place to meet people and develop personal skills.
Great time management and customer service!
awesome place to work, and a place where your not afraid to get dirty.
Tire Technician (Current Employee), calgaryNovember 26, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
Honestly, for this job, if you cant lift 50 or more pounds i wouldnt recommend it because torquing nuts on a tire requires a minimum of 80 pounds and your lightest tire is about 30-35 pounds but great opportunity to learn the basics of maintaining your vehicle.

1 2 3

About Kal Tire

Kal Tire is a wholly owned Canadian company based in Vernon, British Columbia, where it was originally founded in 1953 by Thomas – Read more