Kal Tire Employee Reviews

dead end job
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
overbooking and always pushing the clock when its too busy.
unrealistic expectations when it comes to mechanical work.
partnership meeting is a mandatory waste of time especially if you have 2 jobs. workplace politics plays a major part in advancing or you can be stuck as a tire tech till you decide its time to quit.
Excellent place to start up and save up
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 March 2017
Its an ok company. Team members is involved in everthing in the shop and they also send team member to a paid training before they let us start actual application
Pros
Staff account, discounted vehicle services
Cons
Winter rush
Fast paced
Automotive shop lead hand (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 March 2017
Kal Tire can be a very stressful job at times when people start to line up waiting for their vehicles to be completed. Loud noises caused by air tools.
good people but underpaid for the work
vehicle service technician (Former Employee) –  edmonton7 March 2017
its a good place to work with lots of nice people. managment can be a bit hard headed and i found it hard to progress in the company which is why i left.
great working environment and atmosphere.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 March 2017
being a tire technician is quite an easy job once you get into you're own routine, the job is physically demanding but if your in good shape you will have no issue with this job. Advancement opportunities in the company are awesome cause you can do company modules and get wage increases as well as apprenticeship opportunities and management opportunities.
Pros
free coffee and doughnuts from customers.
Cons
short hours
great advancement and great training
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB28 February 2017
there was a lot of training opportunities and many chances for advancement
I really enjoyed the hard work and the changing of the tires. I felt like I accomplished things during the day
Pros
great training
Cons
poor management ( at my location)
awsome place
Cory SoCal - Manager (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC27 February 2017
everyone who worked there is sweet, managers a beauty , bbq lunhes are a thing . everyone workes hard and is happy flexable, hours good cash very organised
Pros
deadly deals
Cons
coustomers can be dumb
it was great
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB26 February 2017
I enjoyed the people there, I learned a lot about vehicles. It was a very good job to have at the time, I worked the winter rush and was very busy but still enjoyed it.
fun workplace
Retreader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
Great environment to work in opportunity to improve skill set and salary new ideas to learn it is a stable job making or retreading tires is a great experience for me i learn a lot working there great team long hours with overtime can be a challenge but i was up for it overall it is a good job that requires hard work and focus
Cons
10 hours daily
good place to work.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2017
A good place to work with friendly staff. even though my stay didnt last as long as i would of liked because of the lack of buisiness, i still enjoyed working at KAL TIRE
Pros
people, working on cars
THe asshat of strathmore
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB22 February 2017
Just don't waste your time you will kick yourself in the butt, old tools poor safety and the biggest thing was the owners and management don't care about the employees just the cash in the pocket.
Pros
nothing
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
I learned how to repair tires the people there were all good great bunch of people the best part the manager got his hand dirty and helped out when busy
Fun and great workplace with great team members
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
A typical day at work would be 8 hours or more depends on how busy the store get. Management always had everything under control and make sure we got the job done in a timely and professional manner. Kal Tire is really good with work culture, from safety to being committed to the job. All the team members were great, easy to work with and made the job more enjoyable.
Pros
working on cars, being with my team members
Cons
nothing
Good but no Adancement
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 February 2017
I learned that coming into work early and leaving late is a good way to stay at a company. Although if you didn't like the things that the management liked they would make your life difficult. Everybody was easy to get along with, and the hardest part of the job was management always saying that people were replaceable, and threatening the employees that were going to be laid off, or fired. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people there.
Pros
Decent Money, good workers, fun environment
Cons
Negativity around the shop from the leaders, and not allowing advancement
great
Tire technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
Great. They have very fast service. Everyone is welcoming and friendly. Place is kept fairly clean. Overall it is great.
Upbeat work place, with lots of room to grow professionally
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Creston, BC27 January 2017
A typical day is generally steady paced between tending to appointments, drop off vehicles, and customers wanting information/assistance with their vehicle.
I learn something new every day at work, and I strive to do so. Whether its something as simple as a new balancing trick, to learning how to do a whole new task itself (i.e. commercial tires..etc).
Management is very professional, as well as outstandingly organized. No employee is made to feel like a number in a company-one is made to feel like an appreciated contributor.
The toughest part of the job, I feel, is trying to balance the winter rush season.
It is by far the craziest time of year, and it requires concentration, and a constant drive to get tasks done (which I feel I do).
The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunities to learn. There is no lack in knowledge and I enjoy getting as much as I can.
Pros
Energetic employees, along with an abundance of team work.
Cons
Lack of proper running equipment.
Great Company
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC26 January 2017
Management value employee, give credit to your talent and you can learn a lot in automotive and tire industry. Gives good training, promotion and a lot of room to grow with
Pros
good company to retire with
hard work
service truck (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2017
sell the the customer anything that may not be required, just to make money, profit sharing for employees, very hard work , customer always right, work 6 days a week every second saturday
Great place overall
Sales & Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
Great team culture. Superb management. Safety of customers and team members is top priority along with customer satisfaction
Pros
Profit share, decent wage
Cons
Long winter hours, can get dirty and stressful at times
Servicing Customers For Life
Sales and Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 January 2017
Fast Paced high volume customer focused business. Get to meet amazing people every day, that is not solely directed at customers. Knowledgeable and extremely helpful team in every division of the company. Family Values makes it a well respected place to work for.
Pros
Lots of Overtime in busy season, Very Good benifits, Customer Driven business Model
Cons
Physically and Mentally demanding work, Long hours, Shoulder Season Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kal Tire. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8