Kal Tire

Kal Tire Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
Commercial B2B Outside Sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: profit share
Cons: long hours
great opportunity, awesome company. Family owned, huge earning potential for people willing to work hard. Great opportunity for advancement if you are willing to start from the ground up. Autonomy is earned
productive, lots of freedom
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: free lunch, overtime well confensated
steady work
easy advancement
rewarding
mediocur pay
good place to work
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee), edmonton, albertaFebruary 8, 2016
a nice and clean environment with good attitude of workers and clientele. kal tire is a good and profitable company with good focus on customer satisfaction
Determined, motivated and grateful with my job.
Automotive Technician-Apprentice (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABFebruary 1, 2016
I did so many things in this place like tires, mounting and balanced repairs of all kinds of tires,and I started my apprentice like oil service, inspection, changed brakes, suspension components and alignment. Diagnosed engine and tune- up. I did a brake,transmission,coolant flush. Diagnosed and repaired vehicle vibration,electrical problems and squeaking sound. Clean the shop and tools, received and organized tires and auto parts. Maintained service vehicles.
Don't drink the Koolaid
Just a number who didn't drink the Koolaid (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Most teams fun to work with, except management
Cons: Shocking culture
Run from this company. Family owned and they are a collection of "old boys" from the past. The company has no idea what needs to be done moving forward.....! We all know what "doing the the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result" is?.... Insanity.
The system is broken, their model is flawed and worst of all, their "culture", IS POISENED!
If you don't drink the Koolaid? You're gone....
And because of this, they're losing good people every day.
Looks can be deceiving.
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Great crew (besides management)
Cons: The way employees are treated.
They try to lie and sugar coat the fact that they are so much different than any other hole in the wall shop when in reality they aren't. Very poorly managed. No communication. Lack of respect for employees. Flawed pay structure. They like to create illusions of how good it is to keep you there, but from the outside looking in.....GOOD RIDDANCE!
I was happy and fun I had a good boss and good co-workres
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 26, 2016
I like want I was doing the co-workers fun to have I love going to work at kaltire my boss was a good boss I learned a lot from management
great place, but over worked
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Winnipeg City, MBJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: the people online worked great
Cons: kept us on for long hours
the job was great but they didnt uphold there end, was told i was gonna be a service truck driver, but they laid me off the month i was suppose to start my training. and they laid me off a few weeks before Xmas. thanks kal tire
great place to work fast paced and fun
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 1, 2016
Change over and rotate tires onto customer vehicles and perform minor mechanical inspections including oil changes.
good place to work
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCDecember 31, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: seasonal
-Good working environment
-management treats you like family
-work load is physical but easy
-lots of room for advancement
-lots of benefits
great people, upbeat work environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Merritt, BCDecember 28, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Cons: mediocre pay
in the busy seasons (late fall and spring) the shop is busy from the second we open until we finish the last vehicle. you are constantly on the move and needing to work quick and effectively. these times of the year are very rewarding.
Once January rolls around you're going to be left standing around with your thumb up your bum.
all of the team members are great to work with and working with these people is probably the best part of the job.
Empty promises
Tire tech (Former Employee), Retread winnipeg mbDecember 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Lots
If u have no back bone this place to be. Good luck Your expected to do long hours even once u explain u can't work weekends. Management lies and act like kids in a sand box. They act like safety is a big deal in meetings yet they practice so many dangerous activities.
Only good thing was the other fellows on shop floor
The lead hand and foreman had not much clue on lean manufacturing they would look at a bord
Very unprofessional place to work
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales and Service (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 22, 2015
Pros: Discount on tires
Cons: Service Advisers were not organized
Typical day at work was 4 hours of work followed by a half hour lunch break and then finished off with another 4 hours of work.

My co-workers were great group of people they were always friendly from the day i started till the day i left.

The hardest part of the job was doing the commercial vehicles, such as semi's and dumptrucks.
Fun work enviroment, Management sucks and the store policy is out of control
sales service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2015
Pros: cant find any
Cons: Many listed
As a team member you would expect to be treated fairly and equal but that's not the case, during winter rush you are expected to go over and above for the company working very long hours and and doing anything thing possible to go the extra mile, but whats happens is that you are belittled, shamed, guilted and bullied by so called team players (managers) so 20 days before Christmas comes and they pull me aside and tell me due to the nature of the buisness there is a slow down in work and I am being laid off, well explain that to my 2 small children that Christmas wont happen this year cause daddy is laid off!! after i have gone the extra mile to better the company by providing accurate and fast work. Makes me ill to my stomach the way I have been treated, do not reccomend working for these outfits if you expect any kind of fair treatment Shame on you kal tire. My review could have been far worse but I do have morals.
Great place to grow
Mechanical Service Manager (Current Employee), Clairmont, ABDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Profit Sharing, Good Team, all training provided.
Cons: NONE
Kal Tire is a fun and fast paced work environment. Advancement essentially is up to you and how far you want to advance and how much you want to get paid.. It's called wage progression. People who post on here about low wages, were just plain lazy. Online learning followed by hands on. Show you can do it, and BAM a raise. Although I am on salary I am treated fairly and outside winter rush typically don't work more than 8 hours a day. And even after winter rush I am offered a couple days off with pay to compensate for the long hours.
Profit sharing is great. In less than two years I had almost $13,000 in RRSP and the same amount as a cash bonus. Benefits are great especially for someone with a family. The sky is the limit with Kal and I love working here.
Providing carriers with little to no experience
Sales and Service (Current Employee), Regina, SKNovember 23, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: Low wages
Very long work days when busy and really fast paste witch is normal for most places
Not much Learned had most of my experience prior.
Really good management team.
Most co-workers great to work with some I can do without.
Hardest part is dealing with upset customers and working on the heavy truck pad or service truck when the conditions are bad. Finding stock inventory can be frustrating when busy.(Product not being where they should)
Wage progressions are easy to do with online training
Non-paid staff meetings after hours.
Safety is the best I have seen in a work place.
Very good co-op experience
Service Advisor Co-op (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 24, 2015
Pros: Workable schedule with my program
Cons: Non-paid co-op
Kal Tire was my first college co-op. Kal Tire taught me the fundamentals of the service part of the automotive industry. I know how to book appointments, create workorders, and learned a lot about customer service.
Very horrible place to work
Shipping-receiving (Former Employee), Acheson, ABOctober 9, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
The managers there wants you to work like dog with no training. 98% of the TFWs there can't speak english, the only way they communicate with you is look at you and smile. Dangerous and dead end place to work.
like seriously
former sales (Former Employee), otawaSeptember 18, 2015
Hey if you want abuse sign up.....like so close to being law breaking when it comes to hiring.....no tatoos its a tire shop not a beauty parlor...
fast paced work environment with lots of unique learning opportunties
Retread Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2015
-starting each day with a meeting to update product numbers, discuss safety, and discuss daily goals
-people from several different backgrounds
Industry