Kal Tire Employee Reviews

it was great
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB26 February 2017
I enjoyed the people there, I learned a lot about vehicles. It was a very good job to have at the time, I worked the winter rush and was very busy but still enjoyed it.
fun workplace
Retreader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
Great environment to work in opportunity to improve skill set and salary new ideas to learn it is a stable job making or retreading tires is a great experience for me i learn a lot working there great team long hours with overtime can be a challenge but i was up for it overall it is a good job that requires hard work and focus
Cons
10 hours daily
good place to work.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2017
A good place to work with friendly staff. even though my stay didnt last as long as i would of liked because of the lack of buisiness, i still enjoyed working at KAL TIRE
Pros
people, working on cars
THe asshat of strathmore
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB22 February 2017
Just don't waste your time you will kick yourself in the butt, old tools poor safety and the biggest thing was the owners and management don't care about the employees just the cash in the pocket.
Pros
nothing
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
I learned how to repair tires the people there were all good great bunch of people the best part the manager got his hand dirty and helped out when busy
Fun and great workplace with great team members
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
A typical day at work would be 8 hours or more depends on how busy the store get. Management always had everything under control and make sure we got the job done in a timely and professional manner. Kal Tire is really good with work culture, from safety to being committed to the job. All the team members were great, easy to work with and made the job more enjoyable.
Pros
working on cars, being with my team members
Cons
nothing
Good but no Adancement
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 February 2017
I learned that coming into work early and leaving late is a good way to stay at a company. Although if you didn't like the things that the management liked they would make your life difficult. Everybody was easy to get along with, and the hardest part of the job was management always saying that people were replaceable, and threatening the employees that were going to be laid off, or fired. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people there.
Pros
Decent Money, good workers, fun environment
Cons
Negativity around the shop from the leaders, and not allowing advancement
great
Tire technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
Great. They have very fast service. Everyone is welcoming and friendly. Place is kept fairly clean. Overall it is great.
Upbeat work place, with lots of room to grow professionally
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Creston, BC27 January 2017
A typical day is generally steady paced between tending to appointments, drop off vehicles, and customers wanting information/assistance with their vehicle.
I learn something new every day at work, and I strive to do so. Whether its something as simple as a new balancing trick, to learning how to do a whole new task itself (i.e. commercial tires..etc).
Management is very professional, as well as outstandingly organized. No employee is made to feel like a number in a company-one is made to feel like an appreciated contributor.
The toughest part of the job, I feel, is trying to balance the winter rush season.
It is by far the craziest time of year, and it requires concentration, and a constant drive to get tasks done (which I feel I do).
The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunities to learn. There is no lack in knowledge and I enjoy getting as much as I can.
Pros
Energetic employees, along with an abundance of team work.
Cons
Lack of proper running equipment.
Great Company
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC26 January 2017
Management value employee, give credit to your talent and you can learn a lot in automotive and tire industry. Gives good training, promotion and a lot of room to grow with
Pros
good company to retire with
hard work
service truck (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2017
sell the the customer anything that may not be required, just to make money, profit sharing for employees, very hard work , customer always right, work 6 days a week every second saturday
Great place overall
Sales & Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
Great team culture. Superb management. Safety of customers and team members is top priority along with customer satisfaction
Pros
Profit share, decent wage
Cons
Long winter hours, can get dirty and stressful at times
Servicing Customers For Life
Sales and Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 January 2017
Fast Paced high volume customer focused business. Get to meet amazing people every day, that is not solely directed at customers. Knowledgeable and extremely helpful team in every division of the company. Family Values makes it a well respected place to work for.
Pros
Lots of Overtime in busy season, Very Good benifits, Customer Driven business Model
Cons
Physically and Mentally demanding work, Long hours, Shoulder Season Hours
great experience
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
I was glad that Kal Tire was the company I was able to gain some work experience from in the Automotive world. I am also glad to of met the great staff that keep Kal Tire together as a team.
Over promise, under deliver!
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada10 January 2017
If you apply for a "management trainee", they will tell you that you will be making upwards of $100,000 within a year or two. While this CAN happen, typically it is not the case. Expect that your work/life balance will go in the toilet. You will be asked what location you would like to manage but this is a formality. You will go where they need you as you they are the ones who decide where you go. The safety culture in the company as a whole is amazing. The benefits are awesome. The biggest downside is that you WILL be over promised and they WILL under deliver.
Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance
Fun work environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 January 2017
Working at Kal Tire taught me everything i know about cars and fueled my desire to work in the industry. i had very supportive coworkers and managers.
Pros
Great learning space.
Cons
higher-up getting stressed and in turn stressing me out.
Solid work environment with good team work
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 January 2017
Low wage to begin with but hard work is eventually rewarded. Very strong team work in the workplace.

Long hours and if it is busy season employees are walked on by the company.

If you are hired during fall/beginning of winter do not expect to be employed by christmas, they do seasonal hiring but do not let employees know before hand.
Pros
day hours
Cons
long hours, (8-7).
great place to work
North Bay / Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 January 2017
Management is exceptional. Staff very friendly. Hard work but enjoyable. Everyone watches out for each other. Safety is number one at KalTire.
Fred.
Pros
great staff and great atmosphere
Cons
some long hours, heavy lifting
people are grate management not to much
TIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2016
the people are grate to work with like genuine grate people but the management completely sucks from managers who have no idea what they are taking about to just straight up jerks
Working at Kal Tire
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB20 December 2016
Working here was great! I enjoyed going to work every day. Pay wasn't the highest I've ever received but I was able to live very comfortably. The only issue I had was the seminars I had to attend AND speak at once a year, and only because I don't do public speaking very well. Other than that, I had absolutely no complaint at all about this company or my time as an employee there!

2.8