Kal Tire

Kal Tire Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced, long hour days.
Tire Maintenance/Labourer (Former Employee), Kelowna, B.CJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime hours
Cons: long hours
Change tires over to winters, costumer service, flat repairs. Very long hours once worked a 17 hour shift this was probably the hardest part was being willing to stay for that long in a work day. co-workers were great was treated fairly. a lot to learn here if you've never done any labour before.
Decent Workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Vernon, BCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discount on tires and rims
Cons: long hours, low pay
Interesting workplace. During the winter rush season when I worked, the hours were long and hard (4 days a week, scheduled for 10 hours a day, often going to 12 or 14 hours). The corporate culture could very easily compared to a cult, either you drink from the cool-aid or move on. In the end I was not a fan of the culture, the company does ask a lot from its employees, and I simply didn't feel like the way they did things.
dirty job but someone has to do it
Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: vehicle and phone
Cons: stress, long hours
arrive to work setup calls and jobs for the day check on each section admin, front counter team, back shop, service truck techs.
deal with financials and collections for the day sort problems for team members giving best direction on completeing tasks. deal with customer service good or bad. consistently ensure team safety and fast paced production/ tasks plan up coming meetings, budgets, monthly plans and targeted sales goals
the team worked well any issues we delt with efficiently so customers do not suffer add fun into the business of the day to keep team motivated in extremely busy seasons
hardest part of the job was letting go knowing your next in line is stepping up to take on a task and will always make mistakes but making them understand why and how to fix for the right reason not just because that's what your told
most enjoyable part of the day is the busiest part I will often take an hour and go get dirty with my team so they know that no 1 job is above anyone in the store seeing the pride team members get when the boss comes back to get dirty and challenge to a friendly race to see who can finish the job fastest
management, which can be frustrating at times, is there to help give a decent picture of the overall goal of the business. Career paths are available for all to advance in the company.
Great workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long hours
A typical day insisted of giving the best customer service a possible!!
A productive and passionate work environment.
Sales and Service Hourly (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free employee tire storage, staff discounts on tires, wheels, and car parts.
Cons: long hours, initial exhaustion.
A friendly, productive and passionate work environment - I spent my days learning all about tires, from how to diagnose and repair or changeover, to tire rotations and wheel balances, to quality of different tire brands, to storage of inventory and customer-owned product.

The environment was fast-paced, fierce, passionate, and taught me a great deal about myself as well as about the automotive industry.
Family Oriented company
Tire Technician (Former Employee), OshawaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: monthly bonuses, christmas party
Cons: cleaning up job site after other shifts before being able to start
Friendly atmosphere
management was fair to workers needs

Kal Tire is a great place to work.
There are many advancement opportunities within the company.
They offer monthly incentives
Great Company with Good Values
Sales and Service/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), AlbertaDecember 21, 2014
Only bad thing is if you are going through any of it's management programs expect to work a lot more then what you are being paid for. That being said great opportunity to advance within the company .
Fun place to work at.
Tire Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2014
Typical Day at work during winter/summer rush is from 8:30AM-8:30PM and when not during a rush 9AM-5PM. I have learned how to change tires, balance tires, perform mechanical inspections, oil changes.
Good job, great people, No Life and no advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hinton, ABNovember 27, 2014
Pros: great employees, good company as a whole
Cons: long hours, high expectations from management, no organization
I signed on for the Management trainee program recently in Hinton Alberta, With the thought that one day I may run my own store.
The store was dissorganized, run down, people didn't have the proper equipment, and management was as chaotic as the rest of the place. this program is available to almost anyone because of the high turnover. The chances of becoming a store manager is slim as managers don't quit. so likely be stuck in the place you were trained as an assistant for years.
Good people terrible work likfe balance
Sales and service technician (Former Employee), coquitlam bcSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours and no real set schedule
day to day you had no idea what you were doing untill it needed to be done. the place was poorly managed.
Horrible company to work for!
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Sooke Road, Victoria, BCAugust 23, 2014
Cons: untrustworthy management, horrible work environment, no job security, very low rate of pay, only 30 min luch break during an eight hour shift.
Kal-Tire utilizes a revolving door policy! They hire staff and lay th off, without any plausible reasons, before they become eligible for benefits! Too many chiefs not enough Indians mentality! Absolutely no job security, what so ever!
In an eight our shift, employees are given only a 30 minutes lunch break with absolutely no other breaks!
The management have no respect for the staff with no regards for the lives of the staff!
Had I known this, I would have never accepted the job offer!
They hired me at the Sooke Road, Victoria location. Through the three weeks that I worked there, I was constantly praised for my work ethics and out standing Customer Service skills. After three weeks they told me that they could not afford to keep me and that they did not have the funds to hire me at the first place!
What company with any descesy or moral values, would hire a person, and then lay him off three weeks later, because they did not have the money to pay him?!!

Everyone beware of Kal-Tire!
Nice place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Fort McmurrayAugust 18, 2014
Pros: that there was bussing to and from work
Cons: long days as the bussing was only as set times.
The people on the site were very nice and very helpful when need.
When checking the paper work from the last day if there was something wrong the men would be so nice to recheck the information so the information could be entered into the system.
Very good work atmosphere
Tire Tech/Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 13, 2014
Very good profit share program, fun work environment with decent pay.
Enjoyable workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 9, 2014
Employees and managers are always willing to help, productive and efficient training on Product knowledge and proper working exercises.
Good team.
Head Tech/Shop Foreman (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 15, 2014
Good people to work with. Very encouraging to furthering each ones career.
Is a good place
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
You can learn lots everyday about mechanical stuff on vehicles, good benefits, low pay, good managemen, good work enviroment
Very Terrible Organization
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Acheson, AlbertaApril 30, 2014
Pros: gain share (profit sharing) after working for 6 months
Cons: ridiculous management, they are all after productivity and less concerned about workers wellbeing and safety, none of what they promised during interview was fulfilled, very high turnover, terrible work-life balance, bad wages
There is nothing good to write about this company. Got employed and put on a job without any training. None of the things they promised was fulfilled. I will advise anyone not to take a job with this company because the management is ridiculous
Good work atmosphere
Tire Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 17, 2014
Pros: unionized
Cons: unionized
good place to work. everyone get along. management is sometime lacking. hardest part about the job is the drive there. most enjoyable part is the job itself.
great place to work
Shuttle driver sales and service (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCApril 16, 2014
I like the fast pace and also it was physically demanding long hours and kept busy
over promised and under delivered...
Store Manager (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 2, 2014
No matter whom you interview with or what position you interview for, your experience will be the same. “You’re going to be a store manager making upwards of $90,000/yr. inside of 2 years!” that’s the line everyone gets. What they don’t tell you is that they are hiring 20 of you in the area and in the end there may only be 2-3 openings. They say you don’t ever have to transfer to another location if you don’t want to. “You always have the final say” the truth is if you ever try to say no they tell you that if you say no now you may not be asked next time. Everything is run by intimidation.
In the end you’ll end up working 12-13 hours a day for around $50,000/yr. with no real future for growth. The culture the company has is amazing; they just don’t always live by it. They have these core values they call “Aims” and at the top of that list are customers then their people and then profit. Unfortunately the Sr. management team in the Vancouver area sees it as profit first and everything else can take a back seat.
Take my review for what it is. I’m an ex-employee (who quit, not fired) but my view is based on my experience. There are some very good people who care a lot working there. However there are the other kind of people there as well.

1 2 3

About Kal Tire

Kal Tire is a wholly owned Canadian company based in Vernon, British Columbia, where it was originally founded in 1953 by Thomas – Read more