Kal Tire Employee Reviews

Did not work here long enough
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB20 July 2017
Did not work here long enough to give a complete review as it was only 3 months. So since I have to write a min of 150 characters I will do just that.
great company to work for
Tire Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 July 2017
plenty of opportunity for advancement within company. encourages training to advance career. Great management and decent pay hard physical work but very rewarding
It's a work in progress
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 July 2017
I've appreciated the time I've spent here and I have learned a great deal from my team and the management. There isn't a lot of room for me to advance from my current role though.
easy going work place
Coop (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 July 2017
Provided a great learning opportunity for my co-op. People were friendly, taught me a lot and oriented me to this company. I would recommend this as a placement.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
Didn't last long enough
It was a fun work place
Car Technician (Former Employee) –  4410 Albert . st30 June 2017
I enjoyed working there, working on cars etc. The people there were supper nice and easy tot talk to. I enjoyed interacting with customers and coworkers.
Pros
free food and coffee
Cons
pay wasn't worth the hard work
Work was fun
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB22 June 2017
Work was good, but the hours were high and for the longest time I was the only guy who was working the overnight calls which gets annoying when literally everyone else is paid the same or more to do the same!
Pros
Free food
Cons
ALways working
good place to work
Mechanic, Welder Fabricator, First Aid Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC15 June 2017
good place to work at where I was everyone was very easy to work with as a team it was always a clean and safe environment to work in had good extended health benefits for the family.
Pros
great prices on tires for my vehicle
Cons
long days with the drive to and from work
not for every one
Retreader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2017
Its a tough job very heavy lifting required must be able to lift semi truck tires. but they give you a uniform that is laundered so you dont get your clothes destroyed
Pros
good people
Cons
heavy lifting
good place to work and lots of opportunity to advance
Lead service truck/picker truck operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2017
not a bad place to work. it is a hard physical job but the company has great benefits and profit sharing incentives. lots of opportunity to advance in the company.
Pros
benefits profit sharing
Cons
extremely physical. lots of repetitive motion and heavy lifting
Great place to work, Long hours, OK management.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2017
Kal tire is a great place to work, it has long hours in the winter and short in the summer. Management isn't at it's best but still OK. Great opportunities to move up quickly.
Pros
Good crew
Some good people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
Good until you advance to quickly. You end up on your own quite a lot with little training in some areas. Management leaves little to be desired with the long hours. But the pay is good.
Pros
50/50 profit share
Cons
extreme long hours in winter
Gained a lot of experience
Manager | Alberta (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 May 2017
Have a very good management training system set up for their people. Made it easier for me to start my own tire shop. There were opportunities to advance which required me to transfer to other locations around Alberta. Salary was low but bonuses in profitable stores were good.
Don't be fooled
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
They will tell you everything you want to hear to get you there, then break every promise they made. Management trainees are expected to work 55-60 hours a week on a small salary, while they take their time on your training and miss every goal they set from lack of trying.

Don't waste your time, 90% quit in the first year because of the sheer incompetence for the management.
Fun Job
Sales/Service (Former Employee) –  Hay River, NT16 May 2017
The people i worked with were great, the environment was fun and i learned a lot. The pay was good and the benefits were really decent as well. All in all a good place to work.
terrible just terrible
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC12 May 2017
no communication no teamwork no job security it is horrible they don't do things right have unqualified people there terrible place to work managers are terrible
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
fun place to work and lots to learn.
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Kal tire offered a great place to work with lots of room for advancement and and a lot to learn. on top they offered lots of hours and found ways to keep everyone busy.
Great team and work place. However it quite seasonal influence.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB5 May 2017
Great team and work place. However it quite seasonal influence. management is depending on your store management's ability, my manager at spruce grove store is productive and efficient. quite enjoyable, and relax environment. but its hard for them to offer any permanent full time position from the store side.
Kal tire...looks good on the outside
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC3 May 2017
Job was new to me but having experience in other labor related jobs I took it on as a challenge. Got "sold" on the idea of wage progression if you complete your modules you get raises 3 months to get $2...good luck on that. Too many people telling you how to do things no consistency and no proper mentoring
I quit and it took 7 days before I spoke with the store manager on the phone. He didn't seem to care enough to call any earlier. Everyone is right it's all about their profits not about sustaining properly trained employees. Your going to put it your hard work just to get laid off in 3 months
Pros
Free week in Vernon for training
Cons
Treated like an outsider... rubber rash
Great place to work for people without families
Assistant Manager/Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC1 May 2017
I felt that the only course to do to benefit my family was to go back to school and further my education. Not great for people with family to take care of. I would highly recommend the SMT (Senior Management Team) educate their zone managers on how to support their other stores and have a better understanding of the managers situations personal and otherwise. Also, not to be so quick to dismiss the issues when they are brought up
Pros
Great oppurtunity to gain expeirence on how to manage a buisness
Cons
No work life balance
Worst managed ever.
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
0 time managment skills. Managment only cares about profit sharing. Dont listen to any promise you may be givin, if you do, get it in writing. Store managers couldnt manage a Wal-mart if they tried. You can strive to make each day the best it can be but in the end you just struggle. Take your talents elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kal Tire. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval