Kal-Tire Employee Reviews

Perhaps a good place if your starting in the work world and expext to be ignored by management.
Salesman\'s assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 November 2016
I was promised a raise after 4 months along with other less important but still significant issues that were at least worth a listen.

As I was constantly put off any raise or reason as to why I left after month 7
Pros
The hours of work were consistant
Cons
promises never kept but a steady supply of brow beating and empty promises
Good
Seasonal Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
A typical work day wasn't too bad, it was busy all day. Always had something to do.
I've learned a lot of things about changing tires.
Management was horrible.
Kal-Tire 096
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC, Canada27 July 2016
I enjoyed my time at Kal-Tire, very motivating and driven company to work for.
The company as a whole is very well run across the country and they truly look after each and every one of their Team Members.

Every day is different, the people you meet day in day out is unbelievable and are from all walks of life.

Very dangerous job but all procedures are in place and safety training is put in place each month without fail.
Pros
Meeting new people every day
Cons
Winter and Summer rush periods are very difficult to manage
busy workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 January 2016
A great place to get into the automotive repair business. winter rush has long hours the rest of the year is nice and steady.
Good work enviroment
Tire Technician/ Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 January 2016
Learnt lots about mechanical work, when it wasn't busy i would help the mechanics with their appointments. Went to Vernon for training, lots of knowledge on shop safety and proper use of equiptment.
Warehouse employee's in Kaltire are great to work with.
D-Z Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  2403 stanfield road, mississuage, ontario10 November 2015
Lots of heavy lifting. Management over works you till the end of the day. Very easy to get hurt on your back, plus there is no time when you will be off work.
safety awards
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB2 November 2015
always a great company to work for as in mining division and great pay as well as amazing benefits. A great safe working environment as well as doing more then just changing tires as well as keeping cost down and down time
Pros
pay
Cons
very competitive
great employees
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB27 August 2015
always getting work done and finished on time, bosses were polite and respectful to myself and fellow employees. learning new skills and building a career
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
heavy lifting
A good place to start for beginners to get hands on experience
Tire technician/HET apprentice (Current Employee) –  nisku/acheson alberta26 August 2015
Acheson location: A very friendly and accepting group of team members that are easy to work with and a fun place to work.

Nisku location: Managment is not steady and work is scattered. workers can be scarce and if so, it creates long hours and frustrating positions.
Pros
if you show potential they will send you to vernon to become a manager right away
Cons
early and late partners meetings twice a month with no pay
Fun but stressful
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 August 2015
Learned the computer system well. Learned how to properly change tires and work on vehicles. drove customers around place to place. picked up food on the busy days for the workers. got a free lunch on saturday. lots of over time
Pros
half off tires, employee discounts, friendly faces
Cons
angry customers constantly, people always trying to prove you wrong, constantly taken granted for
overall
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 July 2015
Very friendly people to work with and work for. They were always willing to help with anything I need help with in the shop
Productive, But no work scheduled
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  calgary18 March 2015
I liked working there but the shifts were weird, the told me to work when i wanted to, there so no set schedule for me which i disliked alot.
Great place great people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2015
Very great company to work for. Great atmosphere and some really nice cars as well. Typical day included changing over and balancing tires, Oil changes, and helping out customers. Co-workers were great and I felt like I accomplished something at the end of the day.
Pros
People and atmosphere.....great team
Cons
Pay could have been a little better
Great Environment and good teammates
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  North Bay18 February 2015
Overall a very good place to work. Long Hours and no coffee breaks, only lunch for 30 minutes if we aren't extremely busy.
Good hard work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC4 February 2015
Working at kaltire is an experience, there are good things and bad. Overall I think it is a good place to work. Just be mindful of the politics.
Productive workplace great to work very friendly enviroment
F/T Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB1 February 2015
the managers and other employees work very enjoyable to work with it is a very fun place to work
I enjoyed learning how to become a tire technician in the two years I worked here
Productive Workplace, Good people
apprentice automotive tech/sales and service (Former Employee) –  Leduc, Alberta3 September 2014
A typical day at work consisted tire changeovers/balances, wheel alignments, visual mechanical inspections, various mechanical services (i'm a registered apprentice automotive technician), Kal Tire has a well designed training system that teaches you all of the knowledge that you need to succeed in your workplace and how to do so in a way that is safe for you and your teammates (Kal Tire always puts safety first. my knowledge base of tires and vehicle components advanced quite significantly while working at Kal Tire due to the importance they put on training, one con I would say is (at least in the nisku area) was that wages were not that competitive with other businesses however Kal Tire does have an excellent benefit system along with a profit share system and a RRSP the is set up for every team member after working there for 2 years plus one day. My team consisted of a group of great people who often got along great with each other which spending time with my team i would say was the most enjoyable part of my job along with the knowledge gained, however there is a high turnover rate when it comes to tire techs, the hardest part of the day I would say are when the tasks start to become VERY repetitive it tends to become hard to keep your mind stimulated that and long nonstop busy days during the winter rush however those days always go by fast.
Pros
Benefits, Profit Sharing, RRSP, Good People, Great training
Cons
high turnover rate of new employees, low starting wage, repetitive tasks
Productive workplace and fun
wash guys (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab4 June 2014
Kal-tire is a good place to work.
At Kal-tire I learned to wash trailers,trucks, an lots of big equipment.
I also learned how to change tires an oil and rims.
The co-workers I had were not the greatest but they were alright.
The hardest part of the job was mixing the chemicals an cleaning the the big equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid really good money an I had good flexible hours and my bosses were great.
Pros
good hours
Cons
only seasonal work
judgmental and no caring environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 March 2014
i felt like the employers didnt care about me at all. everything is always your fault no matter how hard you try and do your job well you never get anything for it
Cons
long hours and lack of the employer caring
Productive workplace
Retreading Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2014
Check the tire for holes and or skive flaws. Patch up the tire repair any defects. Extrude a layer of hot rubber, make sure the tire is placed and spins right, send the tire to the builders. Take out the tires out of the oven. Paint the tires and stock them for deliveries.

-Tire skeletons and overall tire repairs.
-Management is unresponsive, and unorganized.
-The management.
-Overtimes and long hours
Pros
Overtimes and long hours.
Cons
salary problems, management organization, employee organization, employee mistreatment