Kal-Tire

Kal-Tire Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place great people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: people and atmosphere.....great team
Cons: pay could have been a little better
Very great company to work for. Great atmosphere and some really nice cars as well. Typical day included changing over and balancing tires, Oil changes, and helping out customers. Co-workers were great and I felt like I accomplished something at the end of the day.
Great Environment and good teammates
Tire Technician (Current Employee), North BayFebruary 18, 2015
Overall a very good place to work. Long Hours and no coffee breaks, only lunch for 30 minutes if we aren't extremely busy.
Good hard work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Delta, BCFebruary 4, 2015
Working at kaltire is an experience, there are good things and bad. Overall I think it is a good place to work. Just be mindful of the politics.
Productive workplace great to work very friendly enviroment
F/T Tire Technician (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABFebruary 1, 2015
the managers and other employees work very enjoyable to work with it is a very fun place to work
I enjoyed learning how to become a tire technician in the two years I worked here
Productive Workplace, Good people
apprentice automotive tech/sales and service (Former Employee), Leduc, AlbertaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, profit sharing, rrsp, good people, great training
Cons: high turnover rate of new employees, low starting wage, repetitive tasks
A typical day at work consisted tire changeovers/balances, wheel alignments, visual mechanical inspections, various mechanical services (i'm a registered apprentice automotive technician), Kal Tire has a well designed training system that teaches you all of the knowledge that you need to succeed in your workplace and how to do so in a way that is safe for you and your teammates (Kal Tire always puts safety first. my knowledge base of tires and vehicle components advanced quite significantly while working at Kal Tire due to the importance they put on training, one con I would say is (at least in – more... the nisku area) was that wages were not that competitive with other businesses however Kal Tire does have an excellent benefit system along with a profit share system and a RRSP the is set up for every team member after working there for 2 years plus one day. My team consisted of a group of great people who often got along great with each other which spending time with my team i would say was the most enjoyable part of my job along with the knowledge gained, however there is a high turnover rate when it comes to tire techs, the hardest part of the day I would say are when the tasks start to become VERY repetitive it tends to become hard to keep your mind stimulated that and long nonstop busy days during the winter rush however those days always go by fast. – less
Productive workplace and fun
wash guys (Former Employee), edmonton abJune 4, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: only seasonal work
Kal-tire is a good place to work.
At Kal-tire I learned to wash trailers,trucks, an lots of big equipment.
I also learned how to change tires an oil and rims.
The co-workers I had were not the greatest but they were alright.
The hardest part of the job was mixing the chemicals an cleaning the the big equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid really good money an I had good flexible hours and my bosses were great.
judgmental and no caring environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 12, 2014
Cons: long hours and lack of the employer caring
i felt like the employers didnt care about me at all. everything is always your fault no matter how hard you try and do your job well you never get anything for it
Productive workplace
Retreading Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: overtimes and long hours.
Cons: salary problems, management organization, employee organization, employee mistreatment
Check the tire for holes and or skive flaws. Patch up the tire repair any defects. Extrude a layer of hot rubber, make sure the tire is placed and spins right, send the tire to the builders. Take out the tires out of the oven. Paint the tires and stock them for deliveries.

-Tire skeletons and overall tire repairs.
-Management is unresponsive, and unorganized.
-The management.
-Overtimes and long hours
great job lots of physical work and hands on learning daily
Sales / Service (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good overtime hours
Cons: long hours, not well organized at times
great job enjoyed working on all vehicles, staff was great learned new things ever day about vehicles and tires etc, fast paste environment short dead lines tight schedual, we had some long days working 12-13 hr shifts at time but it all payed off in the end.
dont expect to stay more than 6 month
Commercial Tire Technician (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 6, 2013
good job ,hard labour,long hours very dirty and its a learn as you go.
Productive, fun workplace, and great people
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee), Vernon, BCFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: busy environment
Cons: had to leave
Kal-tire is a company of great moral standards.
Everyday was a new learn, with enjoyable staff to work with.
I enjoyed the cando attitude of management, the drive to succeed and the great family environment.
To work at Kal-tire, a person has to have the willingness to strive for success, within a very busy environment.
I enjoyed everyday working with Kal-tire and was very sad to have to leave, to follow my husband to Calgary, for his employment.
Incredible workplace with great co-workers
Tire Personel (Former Employee), Castlegar B.C.October 15, 2012
Pros: wonderful staff!
It was a pleasure to work at Kal-Tire in Castlegar. The management is very friendly and so is the rest of the staff.