POSITION TITLE: Supply Chain Manager
DEPARTMENT: Supply Management
REPORTS TO: Chief Supply Officer (CSO)
COMPANY NAME: KUDU Industries Inc.
KUDU Industries, a leading manufacturer of complete Progressing Cavity Pump solutions, is hiring for a Supply Chain Manager in Calgary, Alberta. This position is key to KUDU’s position in the marketplace as it ensures prompt, reliable and cost effective delivery of materials parts and services to the manufacturing plants. The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced team leader who is committed to continuous improvement and collaborative innovation as part of Kudu’s long-term goal to produce better and more cost effective products. With a strong understanding of the purchasing, negotiation and procurement process, this individual believes in the importance of long-term supplier relationships and encourages progressive collaboration to improve quality and lead-times while reducing cost. The successful candidate for this position will be an experienced and adaptable team leader, who encourages new ideas that drive continuous improvement.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Supply Management Team by overseeing their daily/weekly supply priorities for manufacturing.
- Establish department objectives/ priorities and annual strategies.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on the purchasing practices of KUDU Purchasing Administrators.
- Manage and create relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Work with key suppliers to encourage the adoption of continuous improvement programs.
- Encourage the flow of innovation throughout the supply chain network.
- Review, negotiate and develop contracts and agreements with suppliers.
- Audit and benchmark costs to ensure KUDU gets full value for goods and service purchased.
- Ensure all materials/services have adequate supply options.
- Champion supply chain projects/ initiatives.
- Liaise with the accounting department to ensure timely resolution of supplier invoice issues.
- Monitor inventory levels/turns and investigate opportunities to reduce inventory and increase turns.
- Ensure all processes/procedures are documented, maintained and followed.
- Maintain, review and publish monthly purchasing reports.
- Work with the divisional accountant and Value Stream Managers to review material and part costs as compared to budget ad develop plans to reduce costs.
- Collaborate with the Buyers and Value Stream Managers to determine opportunities for cost reduction, improved lead times and quality of incoming materials and purchased services.
- Identify nonperforming and/or mission critical suppliers and develop alternative strategies for risk reduction.
- Recruit, train, coach and mentor Buyers to ensure the highest level of service offering is standardized.
- Explore strategies to increase Vendor Managed Inventories or similar purchasing program where advantageous.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Ensure vacation and other absences for the Purchasing Administrators are covered.
- Establish annual goals and objectives with direct reports; monitor and enhance the professional development and succession planning of staff.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supervisory or managerial roles.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a manufacturing or comparable environment.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma relevant to Manufacturing, Operations or Business from an accredited Canadian institution.
- Exposure to a Lean Manafacturing environment would be an asset.
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation or PMAC program certification would be an asset.
- Lean Manufacturing experience and practice leading continuous improvement exercises would be an asset.
- Experience using Visual Manufacturing or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Demonstrated leadership/management ability to ensure the proper development of direct reports.
- Experience effectively managing projects and personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term supplier relationships that optimize quality lead times and reduce costs.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, time-management and written/oral communication skills.
- Strong team leadership and facilitation skills and the ability to gain consensus.
- Collaborative and adaptable leader who is experienced in working within a matrix structure.
- Innovative problem solver – outside the box thinking, a thoughtful challenger of the status quo.
- Committed to delivering results within aggressive timelines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Solid negotiation skills and experience.
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: As Soon As Possible
DURATION: Long Term
COMPENSATION: KUDU offers a competitive compensation package and career growth opportunity
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resumes for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: July 21st, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resumes for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match KUDU’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.