Konecranes is the industry shaping global leader in manufacturing and servicing overhead cranes and other lifting equipment. We service a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals.
Looking to start a career in Industrial Service Based industry?
We are looking for a person with strong customer service, people skills, general business understanding; and a willingness to learn to fill the position of Service Supervisor in our Calgary, AB location. You will gain exposure to a broad range of industries and working environments, as a member of a strong and well established team in an internationally based company. Our company offers growth potential in a secure, fun and fast paced working environment.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain safe and efficient Service Department operations. Monitor and enforce safety policies and procedures with assistance from HR department and Safety Officer.
- Manage and support daily branch operations:
Take all calls for emergency service.
Book upcoming inspections.
Resolve customer complaints.
Resolve warranty settlements, with direction from the Branch Manager.
Maintain branch profitability by achieving targets for billable hours.
Minimize branch expenses.
- Actively monitor and support the processing of inspections and IREPS with the assistance of the Service Coordinator as required and ensure IREPs are quoted and followed up in a timely manner.
- Maintain a forward looking schedule of at least two weeks. Work with Branch Manager to resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Visit sites as required to assess scope of work, site access and labour costs.
- Be aware of, disseminate and enforce customer-specific policies and procedures.
- Review backlog on a weekly basis. Ensure outstanding work is scheduled or planned.
- Ensure completed work is invoiced daily. Assist with accounts receivable and accruals.
- Approve Technician timesheets. Verify that the number of hours, regular time, overtime and expenses are appropriate for the assigned scope of work. Verify job number.
- Ensure new technicians are properly oriented, trained and equipped.
- Conduct performance reviews of all hourly staff at least once each twelve month period.
- Perform and document regular safety audits, on branch premises and on customer sites.
- Other duties to maintain branch operations as required and/or as assigned.
- Post secondary education is preferred along with 3 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Electrical and Mechanical skills are an asset, but not required.
- Must have excellent leadership skills including the ability to motivate staff and be a positive influence.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your résumé to:
Konecranes Canada Inc.
Attention: Human Resources Department
Please reference Supervisor – Calgary in the subject line.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.