Konecranes is the industry shaping global leader in manufacturing and servicing overhead cranes and other lifting equipment. We service a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals.
Are you looking to grow your career with a leading internationally based company? Konecranes Canada is currently seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to fill the position of Environmental Health & Safety Specialist based out of *Western Canada.
Reporting to the Canadian Safety Manager, you will provide direction and support on safety matters to ensure proper and consistent application and implementation of Regional safety policies and procedures.
- Lead all safety related aspects of the Western Canadian business activities, inclusive of all business units.
- Conduct safety meetings, training, audits, risk assessments and other safety related assistance.
- Create effective safety partnerships with all employees and the leadership team.
- Ensure effectiveness of day to day safety compliance.
- Lead or take part in investigations and conduct Root Cause Analysis on all incidents, including corrective action plans.
- Assist, advise, follow-up and/or lead implementation with local management on corrective actions.
- Coordinate and guide local health and safety committees.
- Assist local management or Safety Manager with immediate and/or early return to work of injured employees.
- Assist in environmental reporting and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety or equivalent is preferred, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Safety certifications such as ASP, CSP or CRSP are a strong asset.
- 1-3 years progressive safety management experience is desired with a thorough knowledge and understanding of Canadian Provincial and Territorial OH&S legislation.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), French language skills are an asset.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively alone.
- Proficient with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Travel is required.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your résumé to:
Konecranes Canada Inc.
Attention: Human Resources Department
Please reference H&S – Western Canada in the subject line.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.