KMBR Architects Planners Inc., located in Kitsilano, BC and founded in 1958, is a team of 30 qualified professional and technical staff, including four principals and four associates. We are passionate about collaboration, and approach challenges as opportunities for leadership, innovation and growth. Our project sectors range from K-12 and post- secondary education, to public safety, health care, and multifamily housing. We provide a supportive team environment in a friendly, professional atmosphere and offer: a competitive salary and benefit plan; professional development benefit; lunch and learn sessions; secure on-site bike storage; company paid social functions throughout the year and Friday staff social gatherings.
- The right candidate will have a combination of talent and technical skills in design projects and the ability to work with ease in a multifaceted team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated competence in a leadership role on a production team.
- Detail oriented.
- Capable of translating design intent into construction detailing.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Capable of managing a variety of complex projects simultaneously.
- Production role preparing design documents under the direction of Design Manager.
- Under the direction of Design Manager, assist in the preparation of Construction drawings, including plan/elevations, preparing details from sketches, development permit drawings, construction documents including Specification assist.
- Assist Design Manager in all project phases.
- Preparation of presentation materials using 3D software.
- Production Team Leader on interdisciplinary design/build teams, oversee quality of work, fee compliance, schedule and coordination with in-house design consultants.
- Research materials, technical details through library and manufacturers.
- Conduct research on sustainable products may be required.
- Assist in review of shop drawings.
- Participate in architectural lunch and learn sessions and various
other training programs.
- Speak English, read English, write English.
- 5-10 years of experience within an architectural firm.
- Building Science/Architectural Technology diploma (min 2-year program) or University degree in Architecture required.
- Proficiency in REVIT and AutoCAD
- Construction documentation experience, including coordination and working drawings.
- Working knowledge of specifications.
- Ability to coordinate with consultants’ documents.
- Must work well as a team leader, team member and be a self-starter.
- Knowledgeable of BC Building Code required.
- Good communication skills are required.
- LEED accreditation an asset.
If you are passionate about architecture, motivated to innovate, and expect personal growth through collaboration and team work, we'd like to hear from you. To apply, please email your resume and current portfolio in .PDF format or deliver a hard copy by post mail or in person to KMBR Architects Planners Inc., 1788 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6J 1V6.
Indeed - 20 months ago
KMBR Architects Planners Inc., located in Kitsilano, BC and founded in 1958, is a team of 30 qualified professional and technical staff,...