The typical Operator 2/Set-up works on the production line filling bottles and changing over the different sizes of bottles and labels. Filling Operator 2/Set-up must be able to be flexible and jump from job to job. Must have a good knowledge of the machines they use and must be able to thoroughly understand, interpret, and sign off on quality control documents accurately.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer skills
- Must be able to perform basic math (tests will be done to verify)
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently (tests will be done to verify)
- PLC operations on liquid filling machines and palletizers an asset
- Must have thorough knowledge of machines being used
- Knowledge of cross-over lines
- Experience with cappers, lablers, date coders, gluers, case erectors, case packers, and palletizers.
- Quality (maintain weight, case condition)
- Fill out quality reports
- Fill weight targets
- Bring materials to line (labels)
- Compare line specs after line changeovers
- Verify batch running with batch maker/which tank is being used
- Read/Interpret and verify line schedules
- Prepare lines prior to shifts
- Ensure minimum stoppage
- Understand and complete all quality documents with 100% accuracy
- Train other members of line as assigned
- Any other duties as assigned.
Indeed - 22 months ago