KidsAbility empowers children and youth with special needs to realize their full potential
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the property management of seven KidsAbility sites throughout Waterloo-Wellington. Responsibilities include overseeing security, maintenance, cleaning and renovation, planning and optimizing space utilization, developing annual and long term capital facility plans and ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation. The Facilities Manager supervises and directs an in-house multidisciplinary team and also engages, monitors and evaluates third party contractors to complete various services relating to facility management. The Facilities Manager will develop and implement processes and systems to achieve efficient, effective and equitable property management across all locations. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Ensure the buildings and grounds at all sites are clean and well maintained, and that facility support services are co-ordinated and enable efficient program operation
- Work collaboratively with KidsAbility managers and staff to support their needs
- Assess, plan and co-ordinate space utilization, renovation and growth initiatives
- Evaluate future facility needs, including identification and analysis of site opportunities and lease negotiation
- Develop annual and long term capital facility plans
- Ensure compliance with all WHMIS and health and safety regulations
- Formal training in property management or related discipline
- Experience handling budgets, and negotiating lease and contractor contracts
- Proven experience in project/time management, analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with all levels of staff, external contacts and the general public
- Working knowledge of building and facility maintenance, pool filtration and HVAC systems
- Customer service and team oriented
Please apply in writing, including a cover letter and resume, by February 6th.