Communications Officer (P/T - 20 hrs per week)
Chief Executive Officer
The position is responsible for the coordination and execution of a cohesive, timely, effective and accurate communications strategy and media plan for the KGH Foundation through assessment of the Foundation’s communications needs.
The position will ensure the Foundation develops and implements a consistent and effective brand strategy to fulfill its mission.
This position will have knowledge of best practices in strategic communications planning, public relations and media relations and provide practical communications advice in response to emerging situations.
The Communications Officer develops external and internal plans, including key messages, in support of operational activities and program implementation.
The position participates in and informs joint planning efforts with key partners and stakeholders.
- Organizational skills
- Able to work to deadline
- Project/Program management
- Detail orientation
- Significant creative writing skills
- Problem solving
- Result focus
- Accountability and dependability
- Simultaneous project management
Communications planning and oversight:
- Ensure an up to date plan is in place for all annual and planned communications.
- Ensure staff are aware of communications plans and that accurate and timely communications are provided.
- Ensure quality of video and photographic content in all communications.
- Ensure timely coordination with IH communications staff.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing opportunities, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Writing and supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
Support to program based communications:
- Development of case statement materials in partnership with Development Team members.
- Design and production of agency and program print, video and electronic media.
- Management of production of the Foundation’s Annual Report to Stakeholders.
- Social media content.
- Manage design and production of donor newsletters
- Provide web structure, design and content.
- Provide interactive display structure, design and content.
- Manage all event related communications including press releases.
- Manage all recognition and stewardship communications.
- Support to Auxiliary and Business Enterprise programs
Coordinate materials production with third party creative and production agencies.
- Ensure contracts are established, quotes are received and invoices are in concert with contracts.
- Ensure product is consistent with agency and contract standards.
Implement brand strategies for all programs of the Foundation.
- Ensure brand is representative of the evolving nature of the Foundation.
- Ensure brand consistency within and across all program areas of the Foundation.
Act as external communications agent.
- Develop communications relating to evolving situations.
- Develop and manage a social media strategy for quickly evolving issues.
- Liaise with IH communications personnel.
- Act as Foundation media contact.
Responsible for the collection, use and tracking of donor and patient related stories for use in Foundation programs.
- Ensure appropriate releases are obtained.
- Ensure high quality photographic or video content is available.
Maintain accurate and up to date information relating to the Hospital and associated facilities.
- Design service inventory for KGH and associated facilities.
- Work with IH IMIT and KGH Administration to gain access to relevant service statistics.
Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of print, video and electronic media
- Knowledge of pre-press processes
- Knowledge of local media culture
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Significant ability to manage varied tasks simultaneously.
- Significant attention to detail
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of print media design and production.
- Knowledge of third party mailing processes.
- Capable photographic skills.
- Mix of regular office hours and weekend and evening hours as required to support the Development and Financial Management Teams.
- Overtime as required.