KFC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
Cons: managers goes on early out than the crew
most of the day its busy usually on weekends. i learn a lot from this work like having a conversation with customer and giving what makes them happy at all cost. some co workers are a good companionship but some of them are taking advantage on someone who's really in need of responsibility they tend to forgot their own responsibility buy passing their task to others.
good place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 12, 2016
Pros: good staff
Cons: had to move
there were a lot of hours available and it was a good working environment and i liked the people i worked for i would go back
Friendly Work Environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Stone Road Mall, Guelph,ONMay 10, 2016
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Long hours
-How to use the cash registration
-Made happy the dissatisfied customers
-After all hard work, saw the happy face of the Management Team
fast paced, dynamic work environment
Sr. Manager, Marketing & Research (Former Employee), Head office PakistanMay 4, 2016
Pros: Extensive travel
Cons: away from home
Research, reporting, brand imaging and event planning for the largest food chain in Pakistan. Learning came from International markets, experiences, product launches etc. The management was objective and result oriented. the hardest part of the job was gaining customer satisfaction consistently. Change and innovation made the job more fun everyday.
A nice family eatery located at heart of Shopper’s World Food Court, Brampton
Cook (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 3, 2016
I cook and prepare menu items, help the manager in serving. Cooking is done keeping safety and hygiene in mind. Got trained in new recipes and promotions.
A moderately to very busy food joint. Colleagues are very friendly and fun to work with. Nothing difficult in particular about the job
Friendy co-workers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2016
Pros: Co-workers are very helpful, free lunch, more hours
Cons: Low pay considering the place is inside the busiest place in the mall
It was a good experience working with them. The working environment was okay since I have no problems with the staff. The team was very friendly. The hardest part of the job is during the weekends because you have to keep up with the volume of orders which has to remain fast and consistent. Working there you'll be able to grow as person to develop skills (like when your calling customers) and interact with a lot of people.
Good workplace for stundent
Food Service Team Member (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
My job was Cooker or Cashier in KFC. I was trained how to cook everything, and how to service for customers. I think I did good job there. And it is a good team, good manager. The hardest part of the job is how to save time for customers when the buzy time with only two employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is good comments of customers for my fry chichen.
simply put, cooking chicken
Cook (Former Employee), Aylmer, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: essentially one product
Cons: only part time
a new to me experience. there is more to this job than the view from outside. not only is food safety a very important part of this job but workplace health and safety as well. using PPE is a very important part to every task on the jobsite.
Kfc
Cashier and Food Prep (Former Employee), Truro, NSMay 2, 2016
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: long hours
High paced restaurant, long hours, hot kitchen. Great place to work, nice people. Hope others like it too. I did not move to management. CO-workers are good.
My previous job was okay but wasnt for me.
Food Prep/Cashier/dishwasher/cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: free meals, seeing customer appreciate your work, workload wasn't hard.
Cons: the area was extremely hot, risk of getting burned, co-workers were rude, products were always out of stolk, you were always rushed, alot of objectives were thrown at you and you need to finish each in a short period of time.
The typical day at work consisted of getting to work,taking orders, making the orders and cleaning up at the end of the day.

One main skill that I've learned by working here is time management. Everything in this environment is extremely fast paced so you would have to manage your time well to get most objectives done in your shift. Another main skill I've learned is to keep levelheaded. Not all the customers you will be working with will be in a great mood so I would have to cater to the customer and make sure their issues get resolved without further irritating the customer.

In my opinion, management wasn't well because they always had low stocks and even sometimes run out of certain products.

My co-workers weren't the best just because I felt I was targetted because it was only one race working there and I was the only one with a different race. They were much harder on me than everyone else.Me being a new employee I expected this hardship but I only noticed it when they would bring in other new employees and treat them differently.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the customers.

The hardest part of this job was they way they treated their fellow employees.
family oriented company
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 30, 2016
The support from higher management is exemplary. They are always ready to help everybody it may be job or personal problem. Work is lighten with the family-fun-oriented relationship.
Everything good but greasy
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 29, 2016
Not only leadership, manager are always ready to help you to reduce stress. Colleagues are very friendly. But it is a little bit dangerous to clean the equipment during busy hour so a effective time planning is very important.
it a good place for aa student to work
cook (Current Employee), Dunnville, ONApril 27, 2016
I start my shift by cooking chicken,that is on days on afternoons I start by cleaning a cooker and lots of clean up on afternoons.
Good people to work with
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 26, 2016
Pros: Discounted food
Cons: Not felxible
My coworkers were easy to work with and offered help whenever needed. Shifts were not very flexible but shifts were easily swapped with others.
Working with kfc
Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: limited training
Learned how to make chicken and properly clean the food properly.
Friendly co-workers and a fast pace environment. Hardest part of the job is the minimal training and fast pace environment.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Review
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Management
There was no room for opportunity. The staff and environment were great, but the management was unsatisfactory.
The hardest part of the job was managing lazy employees.
Nice starting point
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 24, 2016
good for first job, fast paced environment, most staff are good, some staff create problems, little room to move up, owners bad at problem solving
It wasn't my job preference but it was a good experience
Restaurant cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No room to grow
Took customers food orders, receive payments of orders, packed/served food.
Learned how to work quickly, listen and remember previous orders. Multitasking was a huge part of the experience. However the overall work environment is not for me. Not able to grow as an individual, very little room to be creative.
Productive and Good team to work with
Cook (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Infrastructure is bit old
One day restaurant was fully packed with customer and we were only three employees at job, cashier, my manager and me. My manager and me did a really good job on that day.
My manger was really impressed from my performance.
Good work experience
KFC (Former Employee), Truro, NSApril 18, 2016
Working at Kentucky fried chicken gave a lot of experience in interacting with customers and balancing a positive professional relationships.
Headquarters