KFC Employee Reviews

Positive Workplace
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 November 2017
Great work environment, and great staff. Always a friendly place to work in, fast paced, always keeps me thinking. Just a great learning experience while serving cystomers great food
great time and experiences working there
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2017
great place to work!
friendly staff
high energy in the work place
got taken care of always
loved the cash because I get to be in contact with the customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
non
Taco bell is alright
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON16 November 2017
The work and customers you get is great, Depending on the management you get will working there makes the difference on the experience working there. I worked there for many years, Went threw 4 different managers, out of the 4 only one manager made it fun to come to work. The rest made you wish you didn't work there.
Kfc
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 November 2017
I did not enjoy this position as I did not enjoy my co-workers or supervising staff. I felt I was unable to have position and meaningful relationships with those people.
fast paced, friendly staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 November 2017
We had many company guidelines to follow to ensure all customers received the same product at any store they went to. There was usually 2 managers on at one time and our responsibilities were to maintain proper amount of product ready, make sure all polices and procedures are being followed and keeping the store clean. We were also responsible to ensure all staff received all their breaks. Also we would be in charge of ordering supplies, making sure the equipment was maintained, and also scheduling and payroll for the staff. All these duties I performed in the majority of my work experience.
Was not my kind of workplace.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC10 November 2017
Constantly cleaning up after others, and having to work around people that I feel don't have much drive in life, I prefer to work in a more mature setting.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
babysitting
Good
Customer service Team member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 November 2017
KFC is good oevrall in working with team and worked happily. No objection.

customers were good going in the area of Toronto and friendly too.

Happily worked with all team members.
Pros
good team members
Cons
long shifts
Price changing
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
We used to have a toonie day on every Tuesday at KFC. All of a sudden on one day priced changed for toonie and it went up. One customer was arguing, so I just made him understand that sometimes prices goes up and down. He was continuously arguing but I didn't lose my patience and made him understand about the system. I made him satisfied. I learned that staying calm in argument actually works to keep the situation down. Management gave me assistant manager position after that situation. Hardest part was sometimes it was busy and we did not had enough people. Everyone including management and staff was very cheerful and helpful at all the time.
Pros
timings were best, neither late nights nor early mornings
Cons
no cons
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON3 November 2017
Its good oppertunity to work first as a cashier n than to move at manging place.i learned alot ..so many productive options...it makes me more patent and calm..tht how to deal wth custmers
Unstable managmemt changes
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 November 2017
During the time of less then a year working at my location we went through 6 managmemt changes. This caused a very unstable and stressful enviornment, sudden and rapid fluctuations in hours, and loss of employees availability forms.
Pros
Free lunch. Friendly co workers
Cons
Unstable managmemt. Poor working conditions
store manager really cares about their employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2017
A typical day at work is dealing with customers,cleaning, cashing out.
working at this place I have learned how to multitask in a fast pace environment.
Pros
free food, great boss and team members, flexible hours.
Cons
understaffed.
good and consistance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON1 November 2017
is a good place to work with all round consistence. You have a set weekly hours, the shift might vary from opening to closing. They do offer benefits which is great for any individual.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
very fast paced envirnoment
Decent work environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Swan River, MB26 October 2017
My experience at Kentucky fried chicken was alright, some of my previous co-workers are great people. Others I didn't much get along with. I loved my regular customers, such sweet people.
Its fun to work and deal with different type of customer and new challenges everyday.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
A great team makes the day great at work. Along with dealing the customers, the Team members are like the family members. Different challenges every day motivates you to achieve different targets every day and managing food quality line on a moderate scale.
Pros
Great food every day.
Cons
Long term standing hours
My manager was one of the kindest people i know.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2017
I used to deliver pizza's, in 30-40mins, I also worked as a cashier at the front desk and drive-thru. I would always greet customers with a smile and would make sure to answer any queries they having relating to our products.
Worst Management
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 October 2017
As a crew member you are treated very poorly, especially if you're a new crew member. The management is very poor due to the fact that since it is a Filipino manager she'll only hire Filipinos and talk/treat the Filipino staff differently compared to other races.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Blamed for stuff you didn't do
Fun place to work at.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 October 2017
Management is somewhat okay. I love working there but got tired of the manager in charge and supervisors, they are unorganized and unresponsible. Very easy and fun job, its just the coworkers. Recommend to people looking for part time jobs.
fun
Cook/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 October 2017
My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a 12 piece bucket meal at the closest KFC last night. It cost us almost $40. No drinks included. When we got home with it, we were shocked. Pieces of the neck attached to portions and other pieces had been cut in half to make two pieces. So we were paying twice for the usual one piece. Have you wonder if they will start growing in the feet of the birds. You gave more money. No flavor whatsoever in the coating. We will never go back there again. Extremely disappointed!!! We didn't even get our receipt.
Pros
fun
KFC is meh.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2017
While working at KFC, I found it kinda tough.
The work wasn't hard, it was easy but repetitive. What was tough was working with my fellow employees. Everyone was very difficult to work with, especially one of the shift managers (who was a white supremacist). I ended up quitting after about a year because of this reason.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
boring, repetitive work
Good
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 October 2017
It's pretty Good, but some better management would help. I find a lot of my staff can't have days off that hey need or what because people tend to her leave. We need stronger team leaders. Aside from that it depends at what store you're at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.