A productive, stressful, and learning experience at KFC.
Pros: Free lunches, flexible hours, and good co-workers.
Cons: Sometimes short hours, and some bad decision making from the management.
• A typical day at work is usually busy, however it is not so bad when you have a supporting management helping you.
• I have learned a lot working within this management. It may be the kind of job that some individuals will not prefer or take, however a job is a job. Every individual starts off somewhere, and a simple job can also be difficult at times. This is where you learn and gain skills and know what you are capable of. And I learned these skills in KFC. Not just for yourself, but serving the different kinds of people. I learned how to deal with different kinds of people; whether they are impatient or patient.
• I love working with my co-workers there. I depend on them as they depend on me for help when it comes to serving customers. I also gained some leadership skills, however there are some areas I still need to improve on. Some co-workers are hard to work with, however that's part of the job.
• The hardest part of the job is dealing with the management, some co-workers, and some customers. However, I learned to deal with it and turn my stress into a motivation to get the job done.
• The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying my customers, laughing with my co-workers, and getting other people to notice me which results to getting job offers.