KFC
4,737 reviews

KFC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced work environment, great people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: many customer complaints, language complaints
A typical day at work was always very busy. From this job, I learned to be more time efficient and handle customer complaints. The management was great as all the managers also worked the front line and therefore built great relations with them. The co-workers at the job were fun and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints and the language barrier. About half of the customers we were serving did not speak english well if at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the coworkers.
Fun workplace with wonderful co-workers
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch and wonderful crew
Cons: not much room for growth
• Greeted customers and provided excellent customer service.
• Maintain high standards of customer service during high volume fast faced operations.
• Prepared orders for customers.
• Consistently provided friendly guest service and heartfelt hospitality.
• Demonstrated integrity and honesty while interacting with guest, team members and mangers.
• Prepared orders within 2-3 minutes time frame.
• Assembled food orders while maintaining appropriate portion control.
• Verified that prepared food met all standards for quality and quantity.
• Placed food trays over food warmers foe immediate service or stored them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
• Followed food safety procedures according to company policies and health and sanitation regulations.
• Stored food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage and cross contamination.
• Prepped items for later use to save staff time during busy hours
Many Different Job Requirements
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton ONJanuary 12, 2015
Here I learned some very different job skills. They had delivery available so making sure orders got together and were sent out to the right address was not only challenging but very beneficial. Taking orders by phone and over the counter and multi tasking to do all aspects were challenging. I took great pride in being able to maintain Good customer service and quality in doing this job task. Even did the delivery once in awhile myself.
Great, Bright environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: terrible wage
good for people just starting out, but the wage is not competitive for the work. Extremely hard work, but rewarding and great place to work and kill time.
Fun and fast paced.
Cashier (Former Employee), Quinte MallJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: closes at 9 at the latest
Cons: poor management
Working in the mall food court is very fast paced but the hours are good and most of the employees are very friendly.
Chef (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2014
Working under extreme heat caused by machines, to cook, clean, do paperwork, and also involves heavy lifting
Productive fun place to work!
Cook products, Cashier (Former Employee), Delhi, OnDecember 27, 2014
The co-workers and management were great to work with, we were like a second family! Typically a day at work consisted of cooking chicken and dealing with hungry customers! I loved every part of my job.
what you would expect from a fast food chain
Manager on Duty (MoD) (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCDecember 23, 2014
Pros: long hours, and there was always something todo
Cons: too many people with no calls or no show
i was a floor manager, working with people that didnt like to work or improve the work area, the management was in a poor, when i was working there, the store manager always been missing in action or on vacation and floor manager ended up doing there work

but i did my job, ended up burning up with overload of work managing and running the stores alone and overtime
Safe and growing place with flexiblility of Scheduals
Supervisor (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: less staff
Its all good about this job
having fun with hard work and costumers satisfaction.
It is a long time since I worked there
clerk (Former Employee), Brooks, AlbetaDecember 1, 2014
I was a cook there, It was a very physical job. Lots of stress. It was not a job for women, should have been for men.
Fun, relaxed work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Elliot Lake, ONNovember 25, 2014
I enjoyed working at KFC. It was my first job during highschool and I guess I never left for a reason. I enjoyed working with the other staff and my boss was very flexible when it came to taking time off. I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys cooking or just looking for a first job.
fun workplace
Service Crew (Former Employee), MBNovember 24, 2014
• Greeted customers and provided excellent customer service.
• Prepared orders for customers.
• Consistently provided friendly guest service and heartfelt hospitality.
• Prepared orders within 2-3 minutes time frame.
• Assembled food orders while maintaining appropriate portion control.
• Verified that prepared food met all standards for quality and quantity.
• Prepped items for later use to save staff time during busy hours.
good experience, poor management..
Cashier, Cook (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 24, 2014
Great staff/ team to work with, but very poor management.. They hire many unqualified, or external applicants, and it does not work out..
Both Locations, Both Bad Management Experiences
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2014
Pros: not all kfc will be the same
Cons: didn't feel respected of part of the team. felt like an outcast.
Edmonton: A day at work I felt as though most of the employees felt I didn't know what to do even though I had previous experience at another KFC. I also felt rather discriminated against because I was the only white girl and because of my Tattoos and piercings (the customers loved them). I rather worked front alone, because I didn't feel my fellow employee pulled their own weight when it came to cleaning. Half the time, I had to do all the cleaning while that individual came up with excuses.

Morinville: I understand that this particular KFC may be under new management and have had renovations done to it, so my review would be meaningless.
Free supper or lunch
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: grease and food on the floor of the work area, doing dishes for a long period of time
Prepping and preparing food. Keeping a log of expiry dates and rotating accordingly. I learned to work at a fast pace paying attention to detailed orders. Being a good team worker, stepping up to help others with large orders so that the customer was satisfied being served in a timely manner. The hardest part is bending over the large bins to wash dishes. The most enjoyable part of this job was serving customers.
poor management
cook (Former Employee), Spruce GroveNovember 4, 2014
Pros: you don't have to care about the food you make
Cons: you don't have to care about the food you make
This location does not serve fresh food or provide the training to do so. Only apply here if your interested in a fear and intimidation style of management and have no pride in what you do.
great place
shift manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONOctober 31, 2014
Great culture, hard work, time flies when your working hard!
good environment
Cashier (Current Employee), younge and bloorOctober 22, 2014
i would with many friendly employees, the environment it self is safe and very fun to work around. i enjoy working everyday.
An open workplace with many friendly people
Cashier, Drive Thru, and Packer/Stocker (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly staff
Cons: there weren't really any.
I would walk into the restaurant and be greeted by everyone with a happy hello and goodbye after a job well done. As it was my first job, I learned many things and picked up many good habits. Some of the things included what it meant to provide great service and feel great doing it. At first, meeting everyone did take a while, but after getting to know everyone, I met some great, friendly people along the way. The hardest part of the job is learning all the techniques and procedures for working the position. The most enjoyable part of the job has definitely got to be working with the staff there. Having a great and friendly staff to work with made the experience all the more better.
I WORK CASH
Cashier (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: the smiles i can put on customers faces.
Cons: it could call for long hours.
I SOMETIMES I WORK LIKING THE FOOD THE HARDEST PART IS KNOWING ALL THE INGREDIENS THAT GO IN EVERYTHING.

1 2 3 4 5

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more