KFC Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and good workplace at kfc/taco bell
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
i was a cashier at kfc/taco bell. i had clean up duties so cleaning the washrooms, taking out the garbage at closing time, taking out the carpets off the floor and sweep the floors, mopping, cleaning all the glass windows and doors. clean all the tables, stack the chairs. clean the drink machine. My co-workers were good with one another. i enjoyed interacting with customers and also my co-workers. the hardest part was that i had a lot of clean up duties to do. The management was good. I have learned that working at a fast food restaurant isn't really easy.
Pros
like my co-workers
Learn new things everyday
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 1, 2016
KFC is a well known brand. After working for 4 months as an employee, I got promoted to being a Manager. It helped me learn a lot. I developed leadership and management skills. Best place to work for all those who work hard. You actually get rewards for outstanding performances. High customer satisfaction, Cleanliness, Delivering the best product in less time are some of the areas KFC focuses on. KFC coworkers work together as a team and that's the reason behind great customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was making sure each and every customer who either came through our doors or through our drive-thru walked out or drove away with a smile on their face.I learned that no matter what, there will be days where certain situations may arise giving you hard time, but no matter what you must maintain a cool head and persevere towards the goal at hand, whether that may be daily sales, an inspection, or any event coming up or even just keeping tempo with the team.
Advancement
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 22, 2016
Absolutely no advancement, worked there for 5 years no salary raise and no appreciation.
No benefits and always worry about labor and food cost.
Pros
short shift
Cons
no benefits
very organized
Team Member (Former Employee) –  KingstonMarch 1, 2016
It was a good experience, I learned time management and cooking skills and the most enjoyable part of the day was working with the friends I made an making the food
Pros
free lunches
Hard to Handle workplace
Supervisor - HMS Host (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONNovember 16, 2015
This may be because it was a 401 workplace, yet it was most likely my hardest to handle job to date. Management was rarely supportive of anything. Shift changes required a lot of conversation usually ending up with nothing happening. Shift placement seemed hard for management to comprehend. If you worked more than one job at least once a week they would overlap and they would expect you to fix it even though it was previously stated before hand you can only work certain hours.
Pros
Discount lunchs, tax free off shift
Cons
Management, Low staff, Long hours
when we reach our targets we celebrate with team having party
General Manager(R G M) (Current Employee) –  281,Main street,Wasaga BeachJanuary 28, 2016
Great to work with this franchisee and with great Brand Yum!
very day is something new learning &challenge.
Management very supportive for my decision fro best interest of business and the brand.
My team consist of 25 great to work with them very result oriented they care about business & assets work as a family.
QSR is very challenging & hard.
interacting with each and every customer and upselling and once we get positive feedback makes your day happy.
Pros
Off couse free meals &paid vacation, gas, phone etc
Cons
All ways be on your toe 24/7 fixing problems helping soomth operations
physical labour which helped with my communication skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 15, 2016
Like most fast food industry jobs, this required lots of physical work and precision. Generally the toughest aspect was learning how to keep up with almost impossible amounts of orders coming in and how to manage the emotions of customers. interpersonal skills were really refined in this field of work. However the hours scheduling was not compatible with my school.
Pros
meeting new faces
horrible job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 15, 2016
come to work cook chicken clean the floors wash dishes get paid minimum wage with no raises very boring and tiring on your foot the whole day
Pros
Cons
horrible place
fun and enjoyable
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABAugust 8, 2016
A typical day working would be clocking in, make some gravy, clean chicken and then breading and cooking the chicken. I have learned quite a bit like how to properly clean chicken or make the gravy. The management are swell people they make you feel welcome and have a purpose, that goes for the co-workers as well. The hardest part of the job would probably be keeping up because I am not one of the fastest workers but I do the best I can. The most enjoyable part I would say is the delivery of the chicken shows up because you can interact with more people and you get to organize the chicken by dividing the old chicken with the new
Pros
paid break
productive
Team Leader/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, ABNovember 23, 2015
arrive at work at 9:30 to 9:45 wait for manager to open door say hi go to cash register sign in. take off my jacket and put on workshoes and work clothes. start morning duties package fresh salads make gravey make sure everything was stocked up and and write down temperatures. After we open find stuff to clean that is on checklist and serve food.
Pros
free lunches and discounted meals 20%
Cons
barely any days off and no raise
A day in the life as a employee at KFC
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Well a typical day at KFC was serving a lot of wonderful guest. First you would start your day out with prep for the day,restocking everything that needed it.If you where the cook you needed to do a little cleaning you cookers and deep fryers,so that the oil was fresh and clean I enjoyed all my co workers ,they are all team players we all work together fine. and well management they are just like a good friend always there to help when needed. This is my wonderful review on a day in the life as a KFC employee!! Thanks
Pros
waiting on pleasant people
Cons
cleaning cookers
Very friendly work environment with good staff and management but can be highly stressful
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at KFC can be stressful depending on how busy it is and how many staff you have on but it can also be very enjoyable because of the people you work with. All co workers are very welcoming to newly hired employees. You learn a lot about working within a teamwork environment. You will be able to take a problem into your own hands and solve it. The management is very helpful and nice. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the wait times low.
Soul KFC
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 14, 2015
KFC has its benefits and downfalls. The location and customers are amazing. Hours are long and pay is average. After working for this location after 10 years it became my baby. Great place to work for students or adults looking to pursue a career in the food service. I don't recommend for those looking to advance passed general manager. As some of those positions require persons who don't mind working 50 hours without pay passed 44. As this company dose not agree with overtime.
Great place to work, friendly staff.
Cashier / Drive-Thru / Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Soul Restaurants is a great place to work with welcoming and inclusive staff. Management sometimes cut corners and do not always follow rules. The hardest part of this job is the unpredictability of the customers.The most enjoyable part of this job is that you are constantly moving and are never without work to do.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners
Cons
One break, no matter how many hours long your shift is.
A Place like Home
Counter Food Attendant/Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 5, 2016
On my daily routine, my schedule at work in KFC started at 4:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Each of us are designated to work in one station, and I was assigned at Chicken station. And from there I learned to be more flexible which means I can be assigned in other station such as doing expedite, preparing Tacos special order in KFC Tacobell station, and handling guest complains. The supervisor in charge were doing his job well, knows how to motivate his staffs and managed to trained his co- workers. My co-workers are very active and cooperative in achieving the daily goal of the store to meet the satisfactions of the customers. There are some circumstances that one of the co-worker need to leave earlier because of sickness and need to cover up his station despite of having large volume of customers. Pressure are with us but we managed to handle pressure by doing fast action. Even though we are busy, we're happy to work because we worked as a team. We made laugh during busy operation, We co- workers maintained our good mood, good atmosphere despite of having large volume of customers.We made our day happy and satisfied by giving a good quality service from co-workers to customers.
Friendy co-workers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2016
It was a good experience working with them. The working environment was okay since I have no problems with the staff. The team was very friendly. The hardest part of the job is during the weekends because you have to keep up with the volume of orders which has to remain fast and consistent. Working there you'll be able to grow as person to develop skills (like when your calling customers) and interact with a lot of people.
Pros
Co-workers are very helpful, free lunch, more hours
Cons
Low pay considering the place is inside the busiest place in the mall
Decent place
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 14, 2016
Working at KFC as a cook is really physically demanding especially during days where we get a lot of delivery boxes and I am expected to put every box in their respective places and at the same time do the cook's opening routine (cleaning around the restaurant, throwing garbage, preparing materials needed for cooking) all in 1 and 1/2 hours. The only benefit I had was getting a less than 50% discount on KFC/Taco Bell's food. My co-workers are all friendly though which helped me get through every working day.
Stressful job / but ok. Management could be better
Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCAugust 12, 2016
Had some really great staff!

- Management could had been a lot better.
- Stressful environment (if you can put up with that.)
- Hours were OK.

At first, the hardest part to learn was to multitask and work fast. It's a very fast paced environment, especially during the summer months.

For the most part, the staff I got along with. Some sticked out, and made the job a lot easier!
Pros
Free lunches / to a certain limit
Cons
Long hours and days
Challenging work
Preparation and Server (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONApril 2, 2016
The job responsibilities are far more than expected for a minimum wage salary. The work can get repetitive very fast. However, the challenges associated with the job improved my work etiquette.
Lots of hard working people who made the job enjoyable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCJuly 7, 2016
It has been a while since I work there. At the time the best part of my job was the hard working people I worked with. The company that owned KFC when I worked there was the Pepsi Corporation. They had high expectations and seemed very controlling of the about of staff on shift in a busy store.
Pros
You got free on shift meals.
Cons
Super long hours and short staffed

2.9