KFC Employee Reviews

great workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
KFC was a highly active workplace and a high stress environment most of the time. employees were expected to work at additional work stations such as: cash, clean, work drive-tru and prepare food sometimes simultaneously. I learned that you can't always expect a high level of work from coworkers and you need to anticipate some extra work on your plate. Management is overworked and did not show proper appreciation for hardworking employees.
In KW they only care about money in the register
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario30 October 2016
They talk a big game but do not follow through on their promises or directives. The above restaurant management is the the biggest draw back, they set out expectations for the restaurant team but do not walk the talk themselves. Often zero support to the front line staff and then they are reprimanded for not achieving targets. Pay is very poor for the amount of responsibility placed on managers and front line staff. Bonuses are difficult to achieve in many cases as they do not set you up to succeed. The people in the actual restaurant are over worked and under appreciated. It may be different at other franchisees but not wIthaca the ones owned locally.
Pros
Free lunch if you work over 5 hours
Cons
Uncaring and unsupporting upper management.
high activity work place
Server (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS29 September 2016
Pros
learning how to multitask
Cons
stressful environment
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Streetsville, ON20 September 2016
Working at KFC allowed me to learn key interpersonal, time management and organizational skills while ensuring that our high quality customer service is maintained. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with my co-workers. There was good chemistry between everyone, which not only made work fun, but it facilitated in maintaining the customer service. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with various issues that came up which we had no control over. However, learning to solve those problems allowed me to think out of the box to come up with solutions.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Unexpected issues
Productive and fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB25 September 2016
I have four to five days of work in a week. I learned about on how to be patient and humble when it comes to customer service. I also learned on how to multitask to be able to serve the customer satisfaction. The management is good. They are serious when it comes to their duty. My co-workers is great. We are treating each and everyone as a family. The hardest part of my job is when the customer is complaining when it comes to the service of other department of restaurant. Some of the managers cannot handle or control what the customers feeling. The most enjoyable of my job is when every time I see my customers walking out of the restaurant smiling and they feel the satisfaction they need. That is one of the very best part of my job in my everyday life.
Stressful job / but ok. Management could be better
Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC12 August 2016
Had some really great staff!

- Management could had been a lot better.
- Stressful environment (if you can put up with that.)
- Hours were OK.

At first, the hardest part to learn was to multitask and work fast. It's a very fast paced environment, especially during the summer months.

For the most part, the staff I got along with. Some sticked out, and made the job a lot easier!
Pros
Free lunches / to a certain limit
Cons
Long hours and days
fun and enjoyable
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB8 August 2016
A typical day working would be clocking in, make some gravy, clean chicken and then breading and cooking the chicken. I have learned quite a bit like how to properly clean chicken or make the gravy. The management are swell people they make you feel welcome and have a purpose, that goes for the co-workers as well. The hardest part of the job would probably be keeping up because I am not one of the fastest workers but I do the best I can. The most enjoyable part I would say is the delivery of the chicken shows up because you can interact with more people and you get to organize the chicken by dividing the old chicken with the new
Pros
paid break
fast paced very busy
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 October 2016
A typical day at work would include prepping before the store would open. During the day shift my job included cleaning and breading the chicken , and putting the chicken in the fryers. Once the chicken was done id prob the chicken to make sure its at the right temperature it should be than I put the chicken on the rack in the heater. I was also in charge of dishes and cleaning my work station and prepping for the next person on or the next days morning shift. I learned how to bread chicken and to follow safety precautions. The management wasn't too bad but most of the co-workers weren't very welcoming. The hardest part about the job was doing all my kitchen dishes as well as all the dishes from the cash and drive thru. There'd be a lot of dishes. Nothing I couldn't handle. The most enjoyable part I'd have to say was the free meals during 5 hour shifts.
Pros
Free food
Cons
not enough hours
Decent place to work
Assistant Manager / Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS30 October 2016
I learned how to run everything in the restaurant and manage a team of workers with minimal supervision! Loved working there just wish there had of been better management from head office. Would work there again if I had the chance!
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No management 80% of the time!
good starting job
team member (Current Employee) –  5th ave19 October 2016
KFC offers flexible hours to fit your schedule but that is about the only plus. Some of the major equipment is out dated and prone to jamming,stalling or breaking. Bosses may be too lax with people not doing their jobs and the never offer raises. even to exceptional employees or long time employees
Kind people, successful location
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dixie, ON13 October 2016
I enjoyed what time i did have here. i worked very hard. IT was clean and team work there was GREAT!

The staff i had the pleasure to work with were very kind to me. if i ever had any problems they were helped with the help of others. I felt comfortable and i loved to work there everyday
Lots of hard working people who made the job enjoyable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 July 2016
It has been a while since I work there. At the time the best part of my job was the hard working people I worked with. The company that owned KFC when I worked there was the Pepsi Corporation. They had high expectations and seemed very controlling of the about of staff on shift in a busy store.
Pros
You got free on shift meals.
Cons
Super long hours and short staffed
Productive fun and great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON7 August 2016
My coworkers and managerial staff were fantastic. everyone at work got along. The hours in the summer were great but when winter came hours were really chopped, wasnt making enough hours in the winter when i left. Hardest part was friday nights and tuesday all day.
Pros
easy going staff
Cons
smelling like a deep fryer
productive workplace with a busy atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 November 2016
I have worked in a busy environment. it is a very busy place with allotted extra busy periods. a typical day would be opening, busy rush, evening rush, cleaning and closing.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very busy work environment with overtly work load
Fun Place to Work!
Main cook; Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 September 2016
When I first came to this job, I was excited because it was my very first job, and that I could finally earn my own money. But, it wasn't easy. The first week or two, it was absolutely insane, tired, wanted to give up. But, as weeks went by, I got used to the people who worked there, smiled more often, when life personally was hard. Learned myself, and got help from key managers here and there, and perfected my position. I had the drive to learn in an environment where days could be super busy, and hectic. Co-workers turned into family, and the focus of earning money slowly transitioned into a byproduct. I rather went to work for the fun, and for the people I worked with.
Pros
Manager didn't even charge me for the food I ordered, always free! Fun, and outgoing workers, and customers.
Cons
Some workers coming a few hours late, without giving a proper notice, or explanation. Messes up other's ability to leave work once their shift ended, which meant they had to stay longer.
fun people to work with, comfortable environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
• Performed job duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced and hectic environment.
• prepared and cooked items offered by the international fast food chain and Followed company guidelines
• Made a large quantity of food products for customers that come through the restaurant each day.
• Offered a training session for a manager’s position
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2016
Working with my co worker is fun and enjoy. We help.each other a lot. Making the job much easier for us. Sometimes dealing with different customer is hard, it was a challenging and great work. The only concern for me is the salary..
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Standing long hours
It feels like it's your second home. They inspire you to work harder and be lively everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
I usually take the order and serve the food to the customers. I also maintain the cleanliness of the dining area. I always learn how to be patient with customers' issues and concerns. I always feel that I want to see the smile of my customers before they leave our store that proves how they express their satisfaction. The management has the best way of regulating the rules that it's not only for the store's sake but for everyone's welfare. I love my second family or what others call it co-workers. We just help each other naturally or everyone supports each other without a second thought of doing it. The hardest part of the job is when it is busy and sometimes you have to sacrifice things like late break, late off, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything, talking to the customers, the bond built within your team, helping your co-workers, doing your tasks willingly.
great work environment
Night shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Great first job with advancement opportunities. I would recommend KFC for students looking for part-time work or someone just looking to make some extra money.
Pros
Meal discounts, flexible hours, paid training, free uniforms.
Cons
Low pay, irregular schedule
Horrible Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 July 2016
Horrible management.Supervisor & team leaders have absolutely no leadership skills, no communication skills & no teamwork skills.Constant yelling, they work like a bunch of chickens running around the kitchen with their heads chopped off!
Pros
Get to see how kfc chicken is made.
Cons
Get to see how kfc chicken is made

2.9