KFC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
it a good place for aa student to work
cook (Current Employee), Dunnville, ONApril 27, 2016
I start my shift by cooking chicken,that is on days on afternoons I start by cleaning a cooker and lots of clean up on afternoons.
Good people to work with
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 26, 2016
Pros: Discounted food
Cons: Not felxible
My coworkers were easy to work with and offered help whenever needed. Shifts were not very flexible but shifts were easily swapped with others.
Working with kfc
Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: limited training
Learned how to make chicken and properly clean the food properly.
Friendly co-workers and a fast pace environment. Hardest part of the job is the minimal training and fast pace environment.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Review
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Management
There was no room for opportunity. The staff and environment were great, but the management was unsatisfactory.
The hardest part of the job was managing lazy employees.
Nice starting point
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 24, 2016
good for first job, fast paced environment, most staff are good, some staff create problems, little room to move up, owners bad at problem solving
It wasn't my job preference but it was a good experience
Restaurant cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No room to grow
Took customers food orders, receive payments of orders, packed/served food.
Learned how to work quickly, listen and remember previous orders. Multitasking was a huge part of the experience. However the overall work environment is not for me. Not able to grow as an individual, very little room to be creative.
Good work experience
KFC (Former Employee), Truro, NSApril 18, 2016
Working at Kentucky fried chicken gave a lot of experience in interacting with customers and balancing a positive professional relationships.
typical day at work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Tillsonburg, ONApril 15, 2016
Some days it's non stop and busy. Co-workers are great to work with.The most enjoyable part of the job is making customers smile
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 14, 2016
The work environment was awesome. Staff members are very friendly and supportive. Managers are all very organized and supportive and they helped the staff member to reach our target sales and goals.
a busy and enjoyable experience
Cook (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABApril 13, 2016
Pros: lunch was free
it was continues work between prepping, cooking, and cleaning witch kept me busy witch I liked I learned a lot as it was my first job the manager was easy to get along with my co-works were vary nice people that I felt comfortable asking for help if I needed the hardest part of my job would of been getting unexpected rushes witch had me rushing while trying to maintain the quality people expected and I enjoyed being able to take pride in my work
fast paced job!
Cook/Cashier/Packer (Current Employee), Oakville, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours, short breaks
It is a fast paced job, would not recommend to people who does not like working long hour shifts. The work place is fun and exciting though, as you get to interact with other cooks.
good working environment with a good customer service
Cook and cleaning the kitchen (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 8, 2016
Cons: long hours
good working environment and good team work.i enhance my customer service with the help of everyone at the store.i was able to gain more knowledge in the food industry with the professional guidance of my manager
Not a very well managed people company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 7, 2016
Unwanted and unnecessary stress at work can make you really tired. Poor pay structure with amount of work pressure. always struggling to meet labour targets with minimum staffing
Little work
FOH/BOH staff (Former Employee), Stewiacke, NSApril 3, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short shifts/bad part time hours
Fairly boring work, staff was fun but a lot of down time/lazy staff. The manager/owner is one of the nicest gentleman youll ever work for.
Challenging work
Preparation and Server (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONApril 2, 2016
The job responsibilities are far more than expected for a minimum wage salary. The work can get repetitive very fast. However, the challenges associated with the job improved my work etiquette.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: free meals after 5 hours
Cons: short hours
I learned how to keep orders organized with large rushes of customers and have great teamwork skills with co-workers to make the job run smoothly.
productive and good workplace at kfc/taco bell
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: like my co-workers
Cons: long hours
i was a cashier at kfc/taco bell. i had clean up duties so cleaning the washrooms, taking out the garbage at closing time, taking out the carpets off the floor and sweep the floors, mopping, cleaning all the glass windows and doors. clean all the tables, stack the chairs. clean the drink machine. My co-workers were good with one another. i enjoyed interacting with customers and also my co-workers. the hardest part was that i had a lot of clean up duties to do. The management was good. I have learned that working at a fast food restaurant isn't really easy.
steady job
Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 27, 2016
I Learned at the kfc how to tackle and make happy different people with different attitude.I achieved this with thr cooperation of my coworkers.The hardest part of the job was to maintain the speed of work in busiest times.The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with different people and cooking.
Great Company
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: part time
This is my 1st time experience working in a fast food, I learned a lot from this company. I learned how to bread and cook chicken in a proper way, make gravy, Specially how to clean equipments, cooker, etc etc...
Advancement
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: short shift
Cons: no benefits
Absolutely no advancement, worked there for 5 years no salary raise and no appreciation.
No benefits and always worry about labor and food cost.
Headquarters