KFC

KFC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Limited Work Opportunities, Low Pay, Dead-end
Cook, Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Nanaimo BCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, plenty of liquids, good team
Cons: Poor hours, sub-par location, broken equipment, untenable management, company policy is directly opposed to good business
I have learned virtually nothing at this job, and I am only given a single workday a week. My co-workers are a good lot, cheerful, full of jokes and good natured. The management is confused and unclear of his role in things due to a extreme lack of knowledge of the food industry (he got this job via family contacts.) Despite this the boos is a good man who honestly tries to be useful, but should never be allowed to "organise" anything. The hardest part of this job is the broken equipment, all of which needs replacing. A kitchen without quality equipment makes is very hard to deliver quality food. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and team relationship. The co-workers are good people.
Flexible work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free meal each day
Cons: few breaks
The flexibility in hours and scheduling made it very easy to work and go to school at the same time. Easy to get shifts switched and covered when needed.
Kfc Summary
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 22, 2015
- Learned time management
- Hardest part was to deliver food on time to the customers when deliveries numbers were more than five.
- The enjoyable part of the job was when customer satisfied with my service.
Short Staffed
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too much needs to be done in a shift when you can only have 2-3 people on
Very short staffed but will only give us 3 certain days to train new employees

Benefits are fantastic

You don't have a say of being transferred to a location when in management. They don't compensate your gas if it takes you 1/2 an hour to drive to work
Good First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), NewfoundlandMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great people, easy job, most likely to get hired
Cons: stressful, minimum wage, part-time, no benefits
The money starting out isn't the best. The stress is high, and most of the time, depending on your location it is mostly part-time. There's not a lot of benefits to working at KFC other than it makes you money. No crew events, no benefits, no scholarships. It's pretty much a generic first time, part-time job. So, unless you can't get any other job, or you're going to school, I wouldn't recommend it to people looking to better themselves.
Good place to work, as a first job.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: fun teammates
Cons: customers get very angry when food isn't ready. they don't understand, its not fast food.
The biggest issue I had working here, is the management. I loved all the co-workers, but the GM (general Manager) was very rude. No Tact. She would walk in, and even when you do your best, it was just never good enough. That isn't the employees fault, just the GM.
Great People and a good first job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: discounted / free lunches
Cons: minimal hours
I worked at the KFC on Trunk Road in Sault Ontario from my senior year of high school until I moved to Alberta. The staff at this store are wonderful, and the work environment isn't bad. Due to low amount of customer traffic in the latter half of my employment, staff frequently had to find "make busy work", but even then I loved my job and the people I worked with. This is a great place to work as someone looking for their first job, but unless they advance it's not a job to pay bills with. I only worked one day/week for over half of my employment while seeking other work (Sault Ste Marie is NOT somewhere to live if you want a job), but would recommend looking at this store as a first-time worker.
Not What I Expected
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: poor organization
The job was not what i expected. We only had a few employees but we made it work. It taught me how to work with different types of people
very fast paced and detail orriented
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: late nights
-maintaining store quality
-serving customers
-making sure food product is up to code
-busy at the end of the month
-staff were amazing
-company set very high rules and regulations for food related guidelines
KFC/Tacobell
Cashier, Drive thru, food prep (Current Employee), CoquitlamMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free food on break
Cons: not enough people on shift at once
This job is a fun place to work, fast paced, and has great wages. However it is very stressful, and they never put enough people on shift to improve our service.
We are generally a busy restaurant, in order to work their you need to be able to work at a fast pace and be able to multitask very well.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 6, 2015
i really enjoyed working at this company. they had excellent management and staff. it's a very fun and fast-paced environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified FSW (Food Service Worker) (cook) (Former Employee), Port Alberni, BCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free staff meals, health benefits and overtime rates, union
Cons: loss of hrs when times were slow, not many positions to progress up into
In short, KFC was a great company to work for, had our Port Alberni location not closed down, I would definitely still be working full time there. They offered medical and dental benefits, holiday pay, over-time pay of time and a half to double time when needed, and it was a union so we had seniority which kept everyone organized. If you worked specific shifts for a certain amount of time, they became your 'set shifts' which ensured only you got those hrs and you knew your pay checks would remain the same unless otherwise stated.
Great work experience
Head Cook (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 4, 2015
I gained a lot of good work skills while I was at KFC. I had to make sure all my stock was up to par while still making sure everything was done on time and properly, while also working with customers taking deliveries and helping with any problems a customer had, figuring out the best way to solve the situation.
Fast paced working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: short hours
I greeted customers and placed orders. I usually worked with a manager that was really nice. Tuesdays were always busy.
first real job
Cashier, Cook (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 3, 2015
its a fun job alway interacting with people if you where a cashier so i got to learn how to talk to all different people. problem solving when ever a customer had a problem or question they may had. all the employes were fun and nice great.
Amazing work atmosphere
Cashier, Cook, Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day at work would be greeting the customer in a welcome manner. Making sure the customer's order is understood. Preparing customer's order is correct. Making sure the customer is satisfied with his order when expediting it. Give a farewell to the customer when they leave with their orders.

I learned a lot of teamwork skills, management skills, and leadership skills. How to work safely in the kitchen. Taking the safety precautions when needed.

The management were friendly and trained me well.

It was a great atmosphere with the co-workers I've worked with. Great and friend people.

Probably when we got delivery. Making sure the delivery we got were the things we ordered. Not too much or something we didn't get.

Everything about the job was enjoyable. Great place to work. Friendly people and a great atmosphere.
It was fun and productive
Customer Service Worker (Former Employee), Fredericton NBFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: met all kinds of people
Cons: not enough staff
I would arrive at work for my shift, make sure who all needed to be there was there. Had fun with my employees, got the job done to the best abilities we had.
Productive workplace.
Cooker/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
During shift work used to be the constant and fast paced. I find this place as a resource of experience how to serve and to help customers. I found that I have a great skills related to the cooking,serving and customer service. The hardest part of this job is learning how to deal with people who has different psychological potential and intelligence level.
The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with cooking service and people.
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free meal.
Working at KFC gave me a lot of experience for customer service. My co-workers and management made the job a lot of fun. On a typical day at work, I would take care of the lobby by cleaning it every time it was left dirty, I would restock everything including napkins, ketchup, ice etc. I would take care of the cash by making sure everything was balanced. My manager would give me a task and I would finish it right away. Hardest part of the job was making sure the cash equaled $100 at the end of the day. However it was fun being a cashier as it allowed me to talk to new and different customers each time I worked. As my career in KFC came to an end after I left for University, working there improved my organizational, teamwork, communication, and leadership skills a lot.
working as a cook
Cook (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: working with grease
The company is ok to to work for. it has its up and downs. The hardest part of the job is to trying to get everything finished on time

1 2 3 4 5

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more