KFC Employee Reviews

Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 March 2017
Great for students who are looking for a bit of extra income in their pockets. The hours were great, the pay was ok. Overall I did enjoy it, Free food, good co workers. Great place!c
Pros
free food, Flexible hours
Cons
smelly, rush hours
Fun workplace with fast paced environment
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 March 2017
Prepping for the lunch and dinner rushes to maintain a good pace in working. Being overwhelmed is a normal feeling because the environment is very fast paced but everyone gets the hang of things after a while.
Pros
Free 1 meal
Cons
Sometimes you will be understaffed
Good food, Good Times
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 March 2017
Was able to learn how to effectively cook chicken and asess the quality of the product before serving. Also learned basic plumbing and vent maintenance procedures and the importance of maintaining a safe work environment.
Pros
Free lunch each shift
Cons
busy rushes
Amazing empoyees, multitasking is a must
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB18 March 2017
I worked quite often. I loved my job, I loved interacting with the customers, upselling and working as a group with the other employees. I acted almost as a manager to the younger employees, as they found me more approachable. At KFC I trained mostly all of the cashiers. I also travelled a bit with my manager to train employees at another location, as I can speak French. The only difficult part I fond would be the constant change in management. There was a difficulty in maintaining one manager for a long period of time, which was hard as I like to create a bond with the other employees. I think the most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to interact with the people in my community everyday. I also enjoyed the sense of family within our store.
Pros
The relationships and bonds created
Cons
Constantly changing management
Good working people bad management
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  60 Dundas street16 March 2017
I honestly loved eveyone that worked there the people were amazing but management was bad they never appreciated you even when you did everything not a bad place to work
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Long cleaning hours
Work at kfc gb ltd
Management trainee (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, UK16 March 2017
This is just an ordinary job role and quite busy with work. it is really stressful as when it is getting really busy some times. management is trying to look after their workers but sometimes they are missing it as they are also getting no time for it.
Crew Person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
Duties: Baking, customer service, entering orders, inventory, scheduling, hiring, and training staff, payroll, weekly data entry, preparing bank deposits.
Great workplace with friendly coworkers
Cook / Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 March 2017
Working at KFC I was a cook. My job was to prep and cook all the chicken in the back. I also had to stock products and maintain a clean workspace in the back of the store.
Not Recommended
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB9 March 2017
Very difficult to work with some of the staff here. Many cultural differences that clash. Calls after hours over stuff that can wait until the following shift.
Great flexibility
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON9 March 2017
It would be a great place to work but there isn't room to grow and the pay isn't great. Been in the company for almost 11 years and I'm still only a shift manager! I've been doing assistant manager training but it hasn't lead me anywhere yet
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Not great pay
Great Job
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 March 2017
This was my first job and I'm still here 5 years later. Great job overall, it helps that me and my co-workers are all very close and get along great. Couldn't have asked for a better job.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  calgary alberta canada5 March 2017
i very much enjoy of working with KFC.it was frenchise taken by pirani group second largest franchisee owner.company trusted me lot.i always stand for companies need.all the company policy always taken care.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some time working long hours to complete task or store inventory
Productive work place
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2017
Productive and fun workplace with bonding moments with the team.
I enjoy working with my current team. Every day is a learning experience for me.
Pros
free lunches
Challenging to Work There
Team Member and Cook (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON3 March 2017
- no room for professional advancement
- I ended up with a solid group of coworkers whom I enjoy working with
- security in the stores can be an issue (money was stolen from employee area, and nothing was investigated)
- management often has trouble communicating needs, and listening to the workers about what needs to happen
- the schedule is released late, and inflexible to employee needs (despite posted availability)
Excellent environment for learning and skill use
Shift Manager/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 March 2017
At work, I accomplish tasks alongside my team members who share similar passions for customer service. While it is difficult to continuously satisfy customers, especially those with complaints, I find my job rewarding. With a healthy competitive spirit, I am confident in my organisational and management skills. I always look forward to my shifts.
Pros
Employee Meals, Flexible Hours, Shoes
Cons
Training Standards
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON28 February 2017
Kfc was great , got to meet great people, learn a good enough time to cook chicken, gravy. Environment was temporary with me though,
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Part time
productive and fun
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2017
the work place is fast pace environment that deals with proper food handling and order taking of customer needs and wants of the food they want so learned to be more responsible and work as a team
I like working all people
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC27 February 2017
I like working l love work l working in Tim hortor in barking
There have nice people l like my boss he good person love all people have work with me l workings kitchens cash and packaging
Terrible
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON24 February 2017
I hated working at KFC the place was run under bad mangment. I work long work weeks with no breaks at all and sometimes would work 14hr days.
Pros
Got a free lunch
Cons
Bad mangment
Great Learning opportunity
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2017
During a day-to-day activities it involves, ensuring all the team members are assigned to their correct stations and managing inventory for the day.
Over the past couple of years working at KFC I've had the opportunity to improve my leadership and team management along with learning new skills such as, customer service skills and marketing and promotions skills.
Despite learning new skills at KFC, one of the hardest part was having the opportunity for career advancement and promotion. However, the most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday and getting to learn new skills.

2.9