KFC Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ABSeptember 25, 2016
I have four to five days of work in a week. I learned about on how to be patient and humble when it comes to customer service. I also learned on how to multitask to be able to serve the customer satisfaction. The management is good. They are serious when it comes to their duty. My co-workers is great. We are treating each and everyone as a family. The hardest part of my job is when the customer is complaining when it comes to the service of other department of restaurant. Some of the managers cannot handle or control what the customers feeling. The most enjoyable of my job is when every time I see my customers walking out of the restaurant smiling and they feel the satisfaction they need. That is one of the very best part of my job in my everyday life.
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Streetsville, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Working at KFC allowed me to learn key interpersonal, time management and organizational skills while ensuring that our high quality customer service is maintained. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with my co-workers. There was good chemistry between everyone, which not only made work fun, but it facilitated in maintaining the customer service. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with various issues that came up which we had no control over. However, learning to solve those problems allowed me to think out of the box to come up with solutions.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Unexpected issues
Friendly staff
Cashier/driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 20, 2016
I really like it here. I think it could use a better an more set routine for cleaning the front lobbies and bathrooms

A drive though would of been nice at this location as well.
fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Weston, ONSeptember 19, 2016
the work place was my fist work place and it was alright i mean the learning how to cook the food was hard but it became fun after. it was a typical day at work there
Pros
free food
Cons
mean people
fast paced environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 17, 2016
assigning employees to positions, ordering product, daily cash out, helping with orders to ensure accurate and speedy service. dealing with some customer complaints.
Pros
free lunch
Fun comfortable place to work at.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2016
Good environment to work in. But has too much pressure to work under. Helps learning in a fast paced environment.
Have to be a multi-tasker.
Pros
free food
Cons
long standing hours
great work environment
Night shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2016
Great first job with advancement opportunities. I would recommend KFC for students looking for part-time work or someone just looking to make some extra money.
Pros
Meal discounts, flexible hours, paid training, free uniforms.
Cons
Low pay, irregular schedule
Fun Place to Work!
Main cook; Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 8, 2016
When I first came to this job, I was excited because it was my very first job, and that I could finally earn my own money. But, it wasn't easy. The first week or two, it was absolutely insane, tired, wanted to give up. But, as weeks went by, I got used to the people who worked there, smiled more often, when life personally was hard. Learned myself, and got help from key managers here and there, and perfected my position. I had the drive to learn in an environment where days could be super busy, and hectic. Co-workers turned into family, and the focus of earning money slowly transitioned into a byproduct. I rather went to work for the fun, and for the people I worked with.
Pros
Manager didn't even charge me for the food I ordered, always free! Fun, and outgoing workers, and customers.
Cons
Some workers coming a few hours late, without giving a proper notice, or explanation. Messes up other's ability to leave work once their shift ended, which meant they had to stay longer.
Clean and friendly work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NBSeptember 7, 2016
KFC was one of the best fast food services I have worked for. They worked around my school schedule which made things a lot more stress free. Management and co-workers were always having fun but productive which made it easier to go to work.
Pros
discounts
Good Working place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2016
The Management of KFC is Very nice.
It is good time i worked in KFC.
My team member are so nice and good.
We worked as good team in KFC.
We enjoy working together.
Employee treatment
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ildylwyld Drive North Saskatoon SkAugust 23, 2016
The company doesn't care about the staff, they bring foreign workers because we never complaint about the bat treatment. we have to accept everything.
great part time job
Seasonal Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2016
worked there for a little while, great staff. loved the customers, if youre interested in the food/customer service industry, this is the job for you
Pros
good hours
Stressful job / but ok. Management could be better
Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCAugust 12, 2016
Had some really great staff!

- Management could had been a lot better.
- Stressful environment (if you can put up with that.)
- Hours were OK.

At first, the hardest part to learn was to multitask and work fast. It's a very fast paced environment, especially during the summer months.

For the most part, the staff I got along with. Some sticked out, and made the job a lot easier!
Pros
Free lunches / to a certain limit
Cons
Long hours and days
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 10, 2016
This wasn't to bad of a job. Mostly dealing with customers, cleaning. Management was a little bad but you can deal with it. Cons were rude customers, under pay. pros, you can just about do whatever you want.
fun and enjoyable
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABAugust 8, 2016
A typical day working would be clocking in, make some gravy, clean chicken and then breading and cooking the chicken. I have learned quite a bit like how to properly clean chicken or make the gravy. The management are swell people they make you feel welcome and have a purpose, that goes for the co-workers as well. The hardest part of the job would probably be keeping up because I am not one of the fastest workers but I do the best I can. The most enjoyable part I would say is the delivery of the chicken shows up because you can interact with more people and you get to organize the chicken by dividing the old chicken with the new
Pros
paid break
Productive fun and great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ONAugust 7, 2016
My coworkers and managerial staff were fantastic. everyone at work got along. The hours in the summer were great but when winter came hours were really chopped, wasnt making enough hours in the winter when i left. Hardest part was friday nights and tuesday all day.
Pros
easy going staff
Cons
smelling like a deep fryer
Good persob
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kfc airdrieJuly 30, 2016
I love working in this store fun people and friendly colleague s I got a lot of experience training and working with different people learn how to handle pepole with different attitude
Pros
Free meal
Horrible Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 27, 2016
Horrible management.Supervisor & team leaders have absolutely no leadership skills, no communication skills & no teamwork skills.Constant yelling, they work like a bunch of chickens running around the kitchen with their heads chopped off!
Pros
Get to see how kfc chicken is made.
Cons
Get to see how kfc chicken is made
Kfc
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 27, 2016
it is a fun place to work, but in my opinion not the best place,. The schedule flexibility is there but the managers are not motivated enough as well as a lot of staff issues.
Awful management and very unorganized
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 22, 2016
Management is extremely rude and unreliable, constantly yell and have been sent home numerous times due to over staff. Do not recommend working here!
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Very unorganized, rude management

2.9