KFC Employee Reviews in Canada

Lots of hard working people who made the job enjoyable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCJuly 7, 2016
It has been a while since I work there. At the time the best part of my job was the hard working people I worked with. The company that owned KFC when I worked there was the Pepsi Corporation. They had high expectations and seemed very controlling of the about of staff on shift in a busy store.
Pros
You got free on shift meals.
Cons
Super long hours and short staffed
Decent place
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 14, 2016
Working at KFC as a cook is really physically demanding especially during days where we get a lot of delivery boxes and I am expected to put every box in their respective places and at the same time do the cook's opening routine (cleaning around the restaurant, throwing garbage, preparing materials needed for cooking) all in 1 and 1/2 hours. The only benefit I had was getting a less than 50% discount on KFC/Taco Bell's food. My co-workers are all friendly though which helped me get through every working day.
fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
most of the day its busy usually on weekends. i learn a lot from this work like having a conversation with customer and giving what makes them happy at all cost. some co workers are a good companionship but some of them are taking advantage on someone who's really in need of responsibility they tend to forgot their own responsibility buy passing their task to others.
Cons
managers goes on early out than the crew
Friendy co-workers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2016
It was a good experience working with them. The working environment was okay since I have no problems with the staff. The team was very friendly. The hardest part of the job is during the weekends because you have to keep up with the volume of orders which has to remain fast and consistent. Working there you'll be able to grow as person to develop skills (like when your calling customers) and interact with a lot of people.
Pros
Co-workers are very helpful, free lunch, more hours
Cons
Low pay considering the place is inside the busiest place in the mall
fast paced, dynamic work environment
Sr. Manager, Marketing & Research (Former Employee) –  Head office PakistanMay 4, 2016
Research, reporting, brand imaging and event planning for the largest food chain in Pakistan. Learning came from International markets, experiences, product launches etc. The management was objective and result oriented. the hardest part of the job was gaining customer satisfaction consistently. Change and innovation made the job more fun everyday.
Pros
Extensive travel
Cons
away from home
Fun workplace
Cook/Prep/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 1, 2016
I loved working at KFC but it was only temporary since it was a summer job till i went back to school. The only thing i didn't like was how the owner would show up randomly to start yelling at the managers. I would of stayed if the owner was more professional & polite. I loved cooking & KFC is my favorite place to eat out at so it was a good place for me to work at.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fun people to work with, comfortable environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
• Performed job duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced and hectic environment.
• prepared and cooked items offered by the international fast food chain and Followed company guidelines
• Made a large quantity of food products for customers that come through the restaurant each day.
• Offered a training session for a manager’s position
Team work. Great co workers Benefits great atmosphere and love customer service
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  CoventryJune 7, 2016
Best part about the job was working in team and coordinating with each other. Watching the mile on customer face and the satisfaction you get is amazing.

On top of it when you have an honest supervisor who will stand with you at all points made this job one of a great one that i had while i was in school
a busy and enjoyable experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, ABApril 13, 2016
it was continues work between prepping, cooking, and cleaning witch kept me busy witch I liked I learned a lot as it was my first job the manager was easy to get along with my co-works were vary nice people that I felt comfortable asking for help if I needed the hardest part of my job would of been getting unexpected rushes witch had me rushing while trying to maintain the quality people expected and I enjoyed being able to take pride in my work
Pros
lunch was free
Good workplace for stundent
Food Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
My job was Cooker or Cashier in KFC. I was trained how to cook everything, and how to service for customers. I think I did good job there. And it is a good team, good manager. The hardest part of the job is how to save time for customers when the buzy time with only two employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is good comments of customers for my fry chichen.
It wasn't my job preference but it was a good experience
Restaurant cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2016
Took customers food orders, receive payments of orders, packed/served food.
Learned how to work quickly, listen and remember previous orders. Multitasking was a huge part of the experience. However the overall work environment is not for me. Not able to grow as an individual, very little room to be creative.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No room to grow
productive and good workplace at kfc/taco bell
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
i was a cashier at kfc/taco bell. i had clean up duties so cleaning the washrooms, taking out the garbage at closing time, taking out the carpets off the floor and sweep the floors, mopping, cleaning all the glass windows and doors. clean all the tables, stack the chairs. clean the drink machine. My co-workers were good with one another. i enjoyed interacting with customers and also my co-workers. the hardest part was that i had a lot of clean up duties to do. The management was good. I have learned that working at a fast food restaurant isn't really easy.
Pros
like my co-workers
Cons
overall KFC wasnt a bad place to work but needed help with safety
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJuly 11, 2016
KFC had great employees but lacked training skills. overall KFC made sure their employees were heard and respected. KFC could have worked harder in making sure the work place was safe such has non slip pads on flooring. proper shoe wear, and proper utensils for the hot ovens.
A nice family eatery located at heart of Shopper’s World Food Court, Brampton
Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 3, 2016
I cook and prepare menu items, help the manager in serving. Cooking is done keeping safety and hygiene in mind. Got trained in new recipes and promotions.
A moderately to very busy food joint. Colleagues are very friendly and fun to work with. Nothing difficult in particular about the job
physical labour which helped with my communication skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 15, 2016
Like most fast food industry jobs, this required lots of physical work and precision. Generally the toughest aspect was learning how to keep up with almost impossible amounts of orders coming in and how to manage the emotions of customers. interpersonal skills were really refined in this field of work. However the hours scheduling was not compatible with my school.
Pros
meeting new faces
Cons
Great environment with great people to work around with.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 13, 2016
This job was a great oppurtunity for me to learn and cooperate with the other employees. 6 months went by fast as I still work around great people, it's a tough job as a cashier as it gets busy but this is a great experience and a way for me to learn to work faster each day. As it was tough, as an employee I still enjoyed this job as a cashier as I got an oppurtunity to communicate with customers.
Cons
Far
Horrible Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 27, 2016
Horrible management.Supervisor & team leaders have absolutely no leadership skills, no communication skills & no teamwork skills.Constant yelling, they work like a bunch of chickens running around the kitchen with their heads chopped off!
Pros
Get to see how kfc chicken is made.
Cons
Get to see how kfc chicken is made
before the changes to this specific store it was a great place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSJune 22, 2016
was a fast paced fun work environment, was bought by another company and quickly went down hill, after they let go of a lot of valued "lifer" employees
Pros
was flexible with scheduling
Cons
new management is extremely lazy, and honestly has no clue what they were doing
fun job with cheerful team members and leaders
Administrative Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 12, 2016
they day was always fun,getting in some activities,the management had a minimal supervision.co workers we great learners and treated everyone with respect and important.nothing was hard since we learned almost everything.interacting with customers
fun workplace at kfc and tacobell
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 20, 2016
KFC and taco bell is a great company to be able to work at. I am usually working at the drive thru station or front cash, i sometimes get the opportunity to learn taco bell and the KFC pack line. The staff that works there are wonderful people, their all outgoing and there is different people form different cultural backgrounds that work their as well, every staff member there is very friendly and always wants the best for the customers. the part that i most enjoy about this job is seeing customers leave happy, and the great friendships that you grow with your co-workers.
Pros
free lunches

2.9