KFC Employee Reviews

Eh, try not to unless you are desperate.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 July 2017
As a former cashier at a KFC I would have to say that it was... an alright job. It was a typical, if not more demanding fast food chain to work at.

The typical things I had to do was, of course, taking orders. The more demanding part was that there were only two cashiers at a time in the evenings, so when it got busy, it was hectic. Cashiers had to take the orders, package them, get the salads—morning shift required to make them—condiments, drinks... basically everything including cleaning of the store.

The hardest part would be the constant micromanaging when it got really busy because you would have to take new orders as you package older ones.
Pros
The heating was broken so working in the summer was a work out.
Cons
Free lunches. This may be confusing being in the Con section, but hey, free food right? Who could turn down that? Well, you can when you gain a ton of weight.
Never going back
Cook (Former Employee) –  Casselman, ON18 July 2017
I where ever I work, I try to give it my all. But for this KFC my all wasn't good enough. I was let go because I was cleaning things other people had not, but it still wasn't clean enough for their standards. The conditions they make you work in are bad: poor ventilation, insufficient protection, etc. Some people tolerate it, I am not one of them.
Productive and fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 July 2017
Good workplace culture, amazing managers, you get to enjoy a friendly atmosphere with great people to work with. You learn how to be fast and efficient with your work.
Fun place to work at
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  North York, ON17 July 2017
Learned to manage and deal with different costumers. Multi-tasking was a must at this location. Had to take orders, get drinks, pack the order and then serve it if you were in he front. Nevertheless the coworkers were excellent to work with. Always accommodated to days off and when sick you did not have to be scared to call in.
Pros
Free meal, discount at pizza hut, kfc and taco bell
Cons
Grumpy costumers sometimes and pressure form the costumers
Productive and fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB13 July 2017
Job started out very well I loved working there then it got new management and went down hill from there wish that I still worked there I loved the people I worked with
Pros
Made alot of good friends and was and great work experence
Cons
Not enough hours
nice coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 July 2017
the place was fun but too many people complained on Tuesdays about how the special was called toonie Tuesday and they were paying 3.49 plus tax so that was annoying.
Pros
free meal when working ove 5 hours
Cons
people
Great Job
Front Cashier/Food Server (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB11 July 2017
Was my first job in the fast food industry and I had a good position I was the front end cashier and I learned the in and outs of the fast food life. I enjoyed working with the staff and doing my job
Pros
the job was good and the boss was good to me
Cons
Great staff, safe work environment.
Cook & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB11 July 2017
KFC was my first job and the time i spent there i got to meet tons of new people, both staff and customer. All of the staff members i worked with over the last 3 years were very kind to me and taught me everything i needed to know about working in a restaurant.

For a majority of customers, they were polite and were satisfied with the orders they received. There were the occasional rude or under the influence customers. However they were easily dealt with by either asking them to leave, or getting help from a supervisor or manager.
Pros
At location, eat free meals.
Cons
Occasional rude or under the influence customers.
its an okay job but not a great place
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON9 July 2017
they don't give you a chance and if they don't like you they will fire you i worked there for not even a week and got treated like garbage by everyone ... pushed me around wrote me up to sweep the floors then went behind my back and swept it back under the work area ...put stuff in my drink not welcoming and really not a great place but that's my opinion
not bad
Cook (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON9 July 2017
they treat people well but they are cutting the employees hours. every week my hours is decreasing and I think I need a new job or another job if I find one better.
I learned a lot from my this job, and also mamnage my personal as wel as professional life.
Cashier and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 July 2017
I enjoyed my job and working their is good opportunity for me. If I talk about a typical day it was when I was on training and a customer got mad at me because I took the order wrong but I balance the situation. I improve my skills in customer service because to work in any field dealing with customer is the major part of job which I highly improve while working with KFC. People their are really friendly and help each other. After learning all the duties I never felt any difficulty in working their and enjoyed my job.
Pros
People appreciate good work.
Cons
More staff required
Friendly environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
everyone was very friendly. always keeping busy. we would clean and cook and help each other achieve the store goals of the day. Overall an amazing job.
any branches of kfc around metro manila
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  main office kfc ramcar roces ave. tomas morato q.c7 July 2017
My working job to every branches assign is to maintain the cleanliness of store and monitor the using cooking equipment if okey condition or not, if the condition is not safe I immediately informed to the operation manager.
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
8 hours
terrible job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 July 2017
As a former employee of this establishment, i did not feel i was given neither a proper wage in comparison to what it costs to do said job (delivery driver), as well as not being given any real shifts to justify my continues employment.
good food good people !
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 July 2017
treat employees like family. good hours. lunch on the house after 5hr shift ! take home leftover food at end of closing shifts. highly recommended to anyone.
Fun place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
learned a lot working there.good hygiene and every employee is taken care of.healthy environment,people from different culture work there.would fecomnd people to work there
Hated everything about working there.
cashier/food packer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC5 July 2017
Honestly, the only good part about the KFC I worked at, was the people. The work environment was horrible, they were not sanitary at all, and frankly management sucked!
Disorganized
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 July 2017
Management was very disorganized. The staff were unprofessional. They didn't do the told jobs they were told but instead did their own thing and didn't care about customers.
Not a happy employee....
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 July 2017
Management at this KFC was not professional at all, I didn't get professional training because the two managers are always arguing about who's way of training is better or how to do thing is more correct and easy. They made me confused through out training period.
Pros
free fried chicken
Cons
long hours standing, no air conditioning
I loved the food.
Kitchen help (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 July 2017
I enjoyed going to work everyday and getting everything ready for the long day such as kitchen clean up and food preparation. Also the people I worked with were easy to get along with and were very friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.