KFC Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB, Mountian road13 January 2018
At KFC I did fast pace work. I worked in the kitchen as a cook. During my work expierience at KFC I gathered valuable work experience, such as working under pressure, and paying attention to large orders.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Very busy rush hours
fun to be place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 January 2018
work is from 4pm to 9pm on weekdays and upto 10pm on weekends.work atmosphere is good.u geta free meal and lack of much deliveries is the only con.hardest part would be the present weather.
Pros
free meals
Cons
less delivery
um…less than satisfactory
Cashier/shift leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2018
fast food kind of sucks… its hard work, under pay, strict rules…. it isn't an ideal job. id rather be at mcdonalds, highly disorganized… i have to keep typing to get my characters up, i hope this is enough.
On Route review
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dutton, ON11 January 2018
When working on the on route, you learn to work in a fast paced environment and how to communicate with customers. I cleaned, cooked and worked expedite.
An okay workplace for starters
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2018
Its only good for those individuals who don't have any experiences in working. However the work load is way too much for a minimum wage, especially for the cook.
Productive & Fun
Cashier duties (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 January 2018
Working at KFC was fun to me, it was my first job & i was working as a cashier, I learned alot of things that school didnt even teach me, Only thing that i didnt like about working there was the employees were rude & our lunch break was like 20 mins.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Alertness. First and foremost, cashiers need to be aware and alert at all times.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philippines10 January 2018
Cashier plays very important role in the field of banking. The job of cashier includes many things and it is job of accuracy. They have to interact with customer on daily basis for solving queries, handling money etc. These are some common responsibilities of cashier.Friendliness. ...
Trustworthiness. ...
Math Skills. An understanding of hard work. I have worked in low-paying, high demand jobs that require I be on my feet for 8 or more hours a day, moving, talking, and engaging. ...
Multitasking. ...
Communication. ...
Problem Solving. ...
Active Listening. ...
Leadership.
Terrible management of a terrible workplace.
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 January 2018
Run by middle-aged, crotchety, sad people and filled with younger, crotchety, sad people. A truly awful place to work. I'm not bothering to make the rest of this helpful, because you're wasting my time by making me write this.
its a good first job experience
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2018
If you're looking for a first job you can start here. It is flexible with your schedule at school and if you are planning to move up to management, it is possible
No longer work there
Customer Service/Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 January 2018
No longer work there. Had job as teen. Had other jobs as a teen. The building is still there but covered in graffitti and bordered up. Have no idea what else to say because indeed will not let me do anythig else until I write a review for every job I've had as well as write a mini essay.

Want to know more about KFC?

Ask a question
Involvement in Team work and restaurant management skills
FOOD SERVICE MEMBER AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2018
Good place to work in and learn customer service and fast food management skills. ideal workplace for part time job while studying.
working under pressure environment .
That was very good work place for me because I am person who takes work as passion not as source of earning.I love that work I did in KFC.
Çook and customer server (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 January 2018
I did great work in KFC. The love the work place there. They provide various facilities including medical. The hygienic work place with a group of staff member who love to teach me.
Pros
We can eat once a day as well made by self
Cons
Heavy work
Cons and what I learned at this workplace
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2017
The best part about the job was the employee discount and taking breaks because we had to work under hot temperatures due to the heat made my the kitchen appliances and it would get tiring. I learned how to take orders as cashier and prepare customers food as well.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Disorganized employers
Entertaining workplace, has free wifi
Cashier and Food Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 December 2017
Fun colleagues. Clean workplace and all my co-workers are hard-working. I love how our team was very diverse. Our managers are very kind and understanding in regards of the situation.
Pros
Free food and free wifi
Cons
Weekly schedule and expensive food
Lift and Clean
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Freeport29 December 2017
My job was simple, restock everything before closing and clean the floors and tables, along with taking out the trash. At times the job seemed uninteresting and there are other times where it can seem fun and loud
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 December 2017
Family owned in Lethbridge. Constant contact with owners. A typical day at work was busy and fast paced. Management was strict about up selling. The best part about the job was telling fellow vegetarians that they can substitute beans in any of tacos on the menu. I learned how to work with co-workers that I do not get along with well so that it does not affect the flow of the work place. The hardest part of my job was describing the taste of the products that had meat in them. The management on all levels was amazing to work with.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Vegetarian at KFC
Unrealistic demands on cooks, stressful enviornment make for an unpleasant work experience
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2017
Extremely fast paced environment, stressful demands on cooks. Unpleasant cooking area (lack of ventilation). Work eventually does get easier with experience (ie., you learn shortcuts)
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unrealistic demands on cook
fun loving
team member as a packer and cashier (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON23 December 2017
It's nice to work in such a famous company as a member of this company is a pleasure for me. Everyone is so co operative there. And my manager taught me everything very politely and friendly.
Pros
free meal
Cons
nothing
Productive and fun
Shift Leader kfc philipines (Former Employee) –  Canada21 December 2017
The kfc is fun and enjoyable to work..
You can learn so many things
Like handle a shift run great shift how to be a customer maniac, how to handle complain
fun working place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC20 December 2017
i loved working here it was fun loved the people learned a lot it was my first job ever i enjoyed this job when i was working here i would even go back if they would take me back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.