KFC

KFC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i was a cashier
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Port Elgin, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: the money
Cons: manager
i was a cashier and also did some food prep.my days were usually busy. my co workers were fun to work with. the hardest part of the job was dealing with intoxicated customers that came in.
its a great place to work
Short order cook (Former Employee), timmins ontApril 7, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: you never get a raise
its not a bad place to work the manager is really nice but you feel like your working at a daycare way to many teenagers that are out of control
friendly and productive environment
Cashier & Cleaner (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABApril 6, 2015
Pros: Discount and deals on food
Cons: Less working hours
Being at KFC is the wonderful experience of life. I have learnt how to work in pressure when it becomes so busy. My communication skills has become more accurate. Now it is easy for me to deal with the people and to handle each and every customer.
It wasn't a good fit
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 5, 2015
Pros: Hours were good
Cons: I was put into a stations that I was not trained for and received no addtional training
I found that the staff was quite helpful, but I didn't need get the training that I should have. I enjoyed working here for the hours and experenice.
Good student job that fits your schedule
cook/cashier, manager experience (Current Employee), London, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Prices of menu items going up
Overall a good company. Employees I work with are always upbeat and enthusiastic. Management could use a touch up in a couple areas but that's something that can be improved over time.
Productive place to work at, great management
Sales Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Long night shifts
I deal with customers on a daily basis which include dealing with complaints and ensuring that they are satisfied. I have learned many cash procedures. I have learned how to work as a team member, and a leader as I am a crew trainer and have had manger training as well. I really enjoyed working as a team, the night shifts were probably the hardest part of the job.
Limited Work Opportunities, Low Pay, Dead-end
Cook, Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Nanaimo BCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, plenty of liquids, good team
Cons: Poor hours, sub-par location, broken equipment, untenable management, company policy is directly opposed to good business
I have learned virtually nothing at this job, and I am only given a single workday a week. My co-workers are a good lot, cheerful, full of jokes and good natured. The management is confused and unclear of his role in things due to a extreme lack of knowledge of the food industry (he got this job via family contacts.) Despite this the boos is a good man who honestly tries to be useful, but should never be allowed to "organise" anything. The hardest part of this job is the broken equipment, all of which needs replacing. A kitchen without quality equipment makes is very hard to deliver quality food. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and team relationship. The co-workers are good people.
Flexible work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free meal each day
Cons: few breaks
The flexibility in hours and scheduling made it very easy to work and go to school at the same time. Easy to get shifts switched and covered when needed.
Kfc Summary
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 22, 2015
- Learned time management
- Hardest part was to deliver food on time to the customers when deliveries numbers were more than five.
- The enjoyable part of the job was when customer satisfied with my service.
Short Staffed
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too much needs to be done in a shift when you can only have 2-3 people on
Very short staffed but will only give us 3 certain days to train new employees

Benefits are fantastic

You don't have a say of being transferred to a location when in management. They don't compensate your gas if it takes you 1/2 an hour to drive to work
Good First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), NewfoundlandMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great people, easy job, most likely to get hired
Cons: stressful, minimum wage, part-time, no benefits
The money starting out isn't the best. The stress is high, and most of the time, depending on your location it is mostly part-time. There's not a lot of benefits to working at KFC other than it makes you money. No crew events, no benefits, no scholarships. It's pretty much a generic first time, part-time job. So, unless you can't get any other job, or you're going to school, I wouldn't recommend it to people looking to better themselves.
Good place to work, as a first job.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: fun teammates
Cons: customers get very angry when food isn't ready. they don't understand, its not fast food.
The biggest issue I had working here, is the management. I loved all the co-workers, but the GM (general Manager) was very rude. No Tact. She would walk in, and even when you do your best, it was just never good enough. That isn't the employees fault, just the GM.
Great People and a good first job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: discounted / free lunches
Cons: minimal hours
I worked at the KFC on Trunk Road in Sault Ontario from my senior year of high school until I moved to Alberta. The staff at this store are wonderful, and the work environment isn't bad. Due to low amount of customer traffic in the latter half of my employment, staff frequently had to find "make busy work", but even then I loved my job and the people I worked with. This is a great place to work as someone looking for their first job, but unless they advance it's not a job to pay bills with. I only worked one day/week for over half of my employment while seeking other work (Sault Ste Marie is NOT somewhere to live if you want a job), but would recommend looking at this store as a first-time worker.
Not What I Expected
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: poor organization
The job was not what i expected. We only had a few employees but we made it work. It taught me how to work with different types of people
very fast paced and detail orriented
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: late nights
-maintaining store quality
-serving customers
-making sure food product is up to code
-busy at the end of the month
-staff were amazing
-company set very high rules and regulations for food related guidelines
KFC/Tacobell
Cashier, Drive thru, food prep (Current Employee), CoquitlamMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free food on break
Cons: not enough people on shift at once
This job is a fun place to work, fast paced, and has great wages. However it is very stressful, and they never put enough people on shift to improve our service.
We are generally a busy restaurant, in order to work their you need to be able to work at a fast pace and be able to multitask very well.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 6, 2015
i really enjoyed working at this company. they had excellent management and staff. it's a very fun and fast-paced environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified FSW (Food Service Worker) (cook) (Former Employee), Port Alberni, BCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free staff meals, health benefits and overtime rates, union
Cons: loss of hrs when times were slow, not many positions to progress up into
In short, KFC was a great company to work for, had our Port Alberni location not closed down, I would definitely still be working full time there. They offered medical and dental benefits, holiday pay, over-time pay of time and a half to double time when needed, and it was a union so we had seniority which kept everyone organized. If you worked specific shifts for a certain amount of time, they became your 'set shifts' which ensured only you got those hrs and you knew your pay checks would remain the same unless otherwise stated.
Great work experience
Head Cook (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 4, 2015
I gained a lot of good work skills while I was at KFC. I had to make sure all my stock was up to par while still making sure everything was done on time and properly, while also working with customers taking deliveries and helping with any problems a customer had, figuring out the best way to solve the situation.
Fast paced working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: short hours
I greeted customers and placed orders. I usually worked with a manager that was really nice. Tuesdays were always busy.

1 2 3 4 5

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more