KFC

KFC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun environment
Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: discount on food
firstly I would clock in when I first showed up, then wash hands, suit up and jump into making orders or taking orders depending if I was on cash or in the back. My manager was pretty good.. he wasn't in all the time so it was usually shift managers that were there. My coworkers were amazing they always made it a fun environment, anything I was unsure of they would show me and clarify. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers and the most enjoyable part was just the people I worked with and just being part of a team.
Learn new things everyday
Manager (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 1, 2016
KFC is a well known brand. After working for 4 months as an employee, I got promoted to being a Manager. It helped me learn a lot. I developed leadership and management skills. Best place to work for all those who work hard. You actually get rewards for outstanding performances. High customer satisfaction, Cleanliness, Delivering the best product in less time are some of the areas KFC focuses on. KFC coworkers work together as a team and that's the reason behind great customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was making sure each and every customer who either came through our doors or through our drive-thru walked out or drove away with a smile on their face.I learned that no matter what, there will be days where certain situations may arise giving you hard time, but no matter what you must maintain a cool head and persevere towards the goal at hand, whether that may be daily sales, an inspection, or any event coming up or even just keeping tempo with the team.
Fryer
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: worked in the back of store.....it was fun making chicken.
Cons: not many hours.
I would prep and deep fry chicken. Cleaned and remove garbage. I manage chicken fryers and take inventory of chicken in cooler. There were racks to put prepped chicken on and then I would lower chicken into the fryers and set time after closing fryers. Then when timer completed I would remove chicken from fryer and let oil drip off before placing on trays to go under heat lamp.
Great place to work, friendly staff.
Cashier / Drive-Thru / Food Preparation (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Free lunches/dinners
Cons: One break, no matter how many hours long your shift is.
Soul Restaurants is a great place to work with welcoming and inclusive staff. Management sometimes cut corners and do not always follow rules. The hardest part of this job is the unpredictability of the customers.The most enjoyable part of this job is that you are constantly moving and are never without work to do.
It was good.
Cashier (Former Employee), Benton Rd and Lawrence Ave West, TorontoJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: I made friends and gained some experience.
Cons: Management is cutting hours, and the store should be properly maintained.
As a cashier, being paid for 11.25/hr was a tough job.
I was lucky to find a workplace that was fun and even though we had some problems regarding to customers,orders and the store, we still manage to stay as close as a family.
They were nice people
Cook (Former Employee), Bloomfield, PEJanuary 28, 2016
I did not enjoy being a cook. I really enjoyed being there and doing other jobs, just not the cooking. There was lots of great people who encouraged you to learn new skills. I learned a lot and quick by being there.
Prepare and serve food for customers as well as restocking materials
Customer Service (Current Employee), Wingham, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Free meal after a 5 hour shift
A typical day at KFC starts with preparing chicken to be cooked and setting up the middle station where all the sandwiches and boxmeals/buckets are prepared for the customer. I have learned a great deal from KFC. I have learned how to control stress in a busy environment as well as solve conflicted situations between employees. Working at KFC has allowed me to grow as a customer service representative.
Amazing staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: The experience
Cons: sometimes the stress
I have been working at KFC for a couple years now, and being able to learn all kinds of cultures from the costumers we get is great, learned how to work under stress and pressure, having long lines of people waiting to order, its a good place to build character and experience
Team is at its best here. Caring co-worker and always fun to work with them
Team leader, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Basically you serves the customers at this work place. First thing is you have to dress properly. clean shave is mandatory. Being on time is also an important because it's a shift work. I learned so much from this place as it is my first job. Mainly, I learned how to work with co-workers, how to co-operate, how to follow orders, help customers to get their best.
Cook/Food Prep
Cook/Labourer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Good Student job
Cons: Greasy
Cleaning and Preping food, cooking chicken as per Company standards. Team work. Co-workers are very team oriented and helpful.
Very friendly work environment with good staff and management but can be highly stressful
Customer Service (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at KFC can be stressful depending on how busy it is and how many staff you have on but it can also be very enjoyable because of the people you work with. All co workers are very welcoming to newly hired employees. You learn a lot about working within a teamwork environment. You will be able to take a problem into your own hands and solve it. The management is very helpful and nice. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the wait times low.
it was okay
HEAD COOK (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 16, 2016
they were alright I enjoyed working with the managers and supervisors /shift managers. the district manager I had wasn't the greatest person I was a main cook at KFC in Burlington Ontario
it was i job that was not going far
Manager-in-Training (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Management was rude to all employee. The only thing i could say a nice thing about was learning to be a manger the help with my skills
Poor job by management,
Food counter attendant / Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 14, 2016
They don't care much about the employees, I did not have a good experience!
We are supposed to have 50% discount on meals, but they always take it away because of bad numbers, but when we get good numbers, we don't get anything!
Was not well managed at the top
General Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 13, 2016
After my store was managed to the point where it was beating all others in sales, i found myself running the other three stores as well.
One of my favourite jobs.
Cashier/Cook/Packer (Former Employee), Cochrane, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Lots of fun to work here. Job was easy to learn and managed, even during the busiest of times. Coworkers were great to work with and management was awesome.
A day in the life as a employee at KFC
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: waiting on pleasant people
Cons: cleaning cookers
Well a typical day at KFC was serving a lot of wonderful guest. First you would start your day out with prep for the day,restocking everything that needed it.If you where the cook you needed to do a little cleaning you cookers and deep fryers,so that the oil was fresh and clean I enjoyed all my co workers ,they are all team players we all work together fine. and well management they are just like a good friend always there to help when needed. This is my wonderful review on a day in the life as a KFC employee!! Thanks
fast paced
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Free Lunch, meeting many different people
Cons: The store is too small with how busy it can get
Being Employed within KFC was a great experience. I received many customer compliments due to my positive attitude. KFC was very fast paced during specific days of the week however the customers made it worth while as they loved their chicken.
Good safe environment to work and grow in to
KFC Cook (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Dirty work
Working at KFC is easy as it is dirty. Its fun to work all day knowing what i'm being paid, but without that pay, working at KFC is no fun job. I will always have the tolerance and patience I built up working at KFC and it will help me in my future jobs.
great
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 24, 2015
I was apart of the manegment team
learning it was tough
in the end i was successful learning it
i was in charge of bank deposits and handling large amount of cash
it was an amazing group of people

````