KFC
5,415 reviews

KFC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A wonderful experience with the KFC team
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Getting Discount on the food and making new friends
Cons: Long hours or clash of hours between school and job
Assisting customers in their needs or requirements ensuring they are satisfied with the customer service.An asset to have in a fast food environment which I have strongly built on is maintaining cleanliness and a safe environment for everyone. In my job I have learned about managing my professional life and personal being a full-time student it is important to balance school and work. My co-workers were supportive and very positive. The hardest part of the job was witnessing an individual not working as hard enough as everyone else which would impact any workforce , the most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with customers and my co-workers because I love to talk to other people and ensure everyone around me is happy.
A joy to go to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Elliot Lake, ONMay 11, 2015
A typical shift was coming into work and preparing for the daily tasks that were to occur during my eight hours. I loved my coworkers and to this day still consider them like family. I enjoyed dealing with customers and getting to know them. I also enjoyed the paperwork that came with the managerial tasks such as payroll and scheduling.
Great
cook (Former Employee), OrangevilleMay 8, 2015
I your looking for motivation you got it.. I was preparing the chicken raw cooking it and then cleaning at nights. I got paid I got a raise for good workmanship.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Disrespectful Boss
A typical day including working the cash register and completing orders. I learned how to multitask more efficiently and develop new hospitality skills. My co-workers definitely helped me feel in a comfortable environment by introducing me to my new responsibilities.
Another Productive day at work
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee), Atherley Road,OrilliaMay 4, 2015
Pros: Good Management
Cons: Long hours and No off on weekends
Supervising Sales Staff and Stock with Balance Score Card as KPI

 A detailed job description entailing Sales, Staff and stock.
 Prepared sales promotions on local Store marketing level to achieve sales targets.
 Motivated the employees to maximize their potential through suggestive selling competition and such other activities.
 Maximized sales to achieve sales targets on monthly, quarterly and yearly bases.
 Optimal Scheduling of staff according to the shifts.
 Managed Inventories for Optimal weekly and monthly ordering for smooth supply chain
A productive, stressful, and learning experience at KFC.
Cashier & Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, flexible hours, and good co-workers.
Cons: Sometimes short hours, and some bad decision making from the management.
• A typical day at work is usually busy, however it is not so bad when you have a supporting management helping you.

• I have learned a lot working within this management. It may be the kind of job that some individuals will not prefer or take, however a job is a job. Every individual starts off somewhere, and a simple job can also be difficult at times. This is where you learn and gain skills and know what you are capable of. And I learned these skills in KFC. Not just for yourself, but serving the different kinds of people. I learned how to deal with different kinds of people; whether they are impatient or patient.

• I love working with my co-workers there. I depend on them as they depend on me for help when it comes to serving customers. I also gained some leadership skills, however there are some areas I still need to improve on. Some co-workers are hard to work with, however that's part of the job.

• The hardest part of the job is dealing with the management, some co-workers, and some customers. However, I learned to deal with it and turn my stress into a motivation to get the job done.

• The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying my customers, laughing with my co-workers, and getting other people to notice me which results to getting job offers.
Productive and fun.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, more experience
Cons: I don't get enough working hours.
Learning how to deal with different situations, dealing with customers and co-workers. Learned how to do closing and opening duties, being more focus and reliable to attain the highest customer satisfaction possible.
Decent
Cook (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 28, 2015
relaxed, fun, enjoyable, mildly slow, good work environment, great co-workers, fun customers, mild small area and packed, tolerable, with okay breaks.
just an okay place to work
CASHIER KFC MOUNT PEARL (Current Employee), Mount Pearl, NLApril 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off while working
just okay. no fun workplace experiences here. management is very new and needs more training. Store where only recently re-opened by a company called FMI
i was a cashier
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Port Elgin, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: the money
Cons: manager
i was a cashier and also did some food prep.my days were usually busy. my co workers were fun to work with. the hardest part of the job was dealing with intoxicated customers that came in.
its a great place to work
Short order cook (Former Employee), timmins ontApril 7, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: you never get a raise
its not a bad place to work the manager is really nice but you feel like your working at a daycare way to many teenagers that are out of control
friendly and productive environment
Cashier & Cleaner (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABApril 6, 2015
Pros: Discount and deals on food
Cons: Less working hours
Being at KFC is the wonderful experience of life. I have learnt how to work in pressure when it becomes so busy. My communication skills has become more accurate. Now it is easy for me to deal with the people and to handle each and every customer.
It wasn't a good fit
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 5, 2015
Pros: Hours were good
Cons: I was put into a stations that I was not trained for and received no addtional training
I found that the staff was quite helpful, but I didn't need get the training that I should have. I enjoyed working here for the hours and experenice.
Good student job that fits your schedule
cook/cashier, manager experience (Current Employee), London, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Prices of menu items going up
Overall a good company. Employees I work with are always upbeat and enthusiastic. Management could use a touch up in a couple areas but that's something that can be improved over time.
Productive place to work at, great management
Sales Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Long night shifts
I deal with customers on a daily basis which include dealing with complaints and ensuring that they are satisfied. I have learned many cash procedures. I have learned how to work as a team member, and a leader as I am a crew trainer and have had manger training as well. I really enjoyed working as a team, the night shifts were probably the hardest part of the job.
Limited Work Opportunities, Low Pay, Dead-end
Cook, Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Nanaimo BCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, plenty of liquids, good team
Cons: Poor hours, sub-par location, broken equipment, untenable management, company policy is directly opposed to good business
I have learned virtually nothing at this job, and I am only given a single workday a week. My co-workers are a good lot, cheerful, full of jokes and good natured. The management is confused and unclear of his role in things due to a extreme lack of knowledge of the food industry (he got this job via family contacts.) Despite this the boos is a good man who honestly tries to be useful, but should never be allowed to "organise" anything. The hardest part of this job is the broken equipment, all of which needs replacing. A kitchen without quality equipment makes is very hard to deliver quality food. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and team relationship. The co-workers are good people.
Flexible work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free meal each day
Cons: few breaks
The flexibility in hours and scheduling made it very easy to work and go to school at the same time. Easy to get shifts switched and covered when needed.
Kfc Summary
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 22, 2015
- Learned time management
- Hardest part was to deliver food on time to the customers when deliveries numbers were more than five.
- The enjoyable part of the job was when customer satisfied with my service.
Short Staffed
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too much needs to be done in a shift when you can only have 2-3 people on
Very short staffed but will only give us 3 certain days to train new employees

Benefits are fantastic

You don't have a say of being transferred to a location when in management. They don't compensate your gas if it takes you 1/2 an hour to drive to work
Good First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), NewfoundlandMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great people, easy job, most likely to get hired
Cons: stressful, minimum wage, part-time, no benefits
The money starting out isn't the best. The stress is high, and most of the time, depending on your location it is mostly part-time. There's not a lot of benefits to working at KFC other than it makes you money. No crew events, no benefits, no scholarships. It's pretty much a generic first time, part-time job. So, unless you can't get any other job, or you're going to school, I wouldn't recommend it to people looking to better themselves.

1 2 3 4 5

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more