KFC

KFC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace.
Cooker/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
During shift work used to be the constant and fast paced. I find this place as a resource of experience how to serve and to help customers. I found that I have a great skills related to the cooking,serving and customer service. The hardest part of this job is learning how to deal with people who has different psychological potential and intelligence level.
The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with cooking service and people.
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free meal.
Working at KFC gave me a lot of experience for customer service. My co-workers and management made the job a lot of fun. On a typical day at work, I would take care of the lobby by cleaning it every time it was left dirty, I would restock everything including napkins, ketchup, ice etc. I would take care of the cash by making sure everything was balanced. My manager would give me a task and I would finish it right away. Hardest part of the job was making sure the cash equaled $100 at the end of the day. However it was fun being a cashier as it allowed me to talk to new and different customers each time I worked. As my career in KFC came to an end after I left for University, working there improved my organizational, teamwork, communication, and leadership skills a lot.
working as a cook
Cook (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: working with grease
The company is ok to to work for. it has its up and downs. The hardest part of the job is to trying to get everything finished on time
Slow, and rarely ever busy.
Cashier and Food Preparation (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
I worked at KFC for about 5 months. It was never really busy, and barely ever any work to do. I want a more hands on job. The reason for me leaving this job was not only because I only ever got 12 hours a week, but also because my manager did not have any respect towards me. I usually am the type of person to get along with everyone, but my manager always teased me, bullied me, and called me names. Sometimes even tried to flirt with me. Only reason I stayed for 5 months even is because I only worked with him once a week, but one of the supervisors was leaving for a vacation which meant more shifts with him for a whole month. I couldn't take the harassment any longer, I decided it wasn't the right placement for me. I am very happy with my decision, but now in need of a new job.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Gained valuable communicational experience with all kinds of customers and with my co-workers. Also, handled accounts of the store from time to time.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: long hours
I served Customers and washed tables, and I learned that the fast food business can be very tough, but everyone was very friendly and it made my job a lot easier, but once you get the hang of it , it's not not the hard, the hardest part I would have to say though is it being hot,in a fast paced environment for a long period of time, but I love the city I was in and everyone was super kind which made my job more easy going, plus I get along with everyone, so it was a great job.
An awesome learning experience.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Terrace, BCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch, music was great after hours.
Cons: long hours, management didnt take me serious on moving up in the business among lots of others as well
I enjoyed it a lot because it taught some lessons, also I knew a lot already so I fit right in, the co-workers are amazing and the management is different but they were pretty awesome when I was working there. the hardest part of the job was washing the large pans, and the most enjoyable part is training new co-workers.
cash cashier
Customer service Representative/ Shift leader (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: ....
its a great place to work
great experience for customer service
taking orders
greeting customer
handling with money
putting order today
Review
Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free chicken
Cons: hot, sweaty work, very fast paced at times.
Arriving, setting up work area, turning on oven and cookers, organizing work materials. I began cooking about half an hour after setting up, and my day would consist of preparing and cooking food and supplying it to front for sale. Management was acceptable and professional, co workers were personable, work would get difficult to keep up with, the higher the volume of orders. Free lunches and take home food was best part of job.
Productive and Fun work place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Fairview mallJanuary 29, 2015
All the co-workers are very friendly and funny. Management is good.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABJanuary 28, 2015
Taking orders
Handling cash and debit
serving people
Enjoyed with people in general
bad management good job
cook (Former Employee), windsor otarioJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free food, good experience
Cons: bad management
very good first job, teaches alot, such as cookign cleaning, and hwat to do, teaches time management, to get as much done as possible during rush hours, and what to do when work is slow. how ever the assistant manager was a pain and a hypocrit, always on your back for no reason other than just to do it
Productive and busy place
Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2015
A good first experience. Learned to be a part of workplace. Management and staff members were nice
Fast paced work environment, great people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: many customer complaints, language complaints
A typical day at work was always very busy. From this job, I learned to be more time efficient and handle customer complaints. The management was great as all the managers also worked the front line and therefore built great relations with them. The co-workers at the job were fun and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints and the language barrier. About half of the customers we were serving did not speak english well if at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the coworkers.
Fun workplace with wonderful co-workers
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch and wonderful crew
Cons: not much room for growth
• Greeted customers and provided excellent customer service.
• Maintain high standards of customer service during high volume fast faced operations.
• Prepared orders for customers.
• Consistently provided friendly guest service and heartfelt hospitality.
• Demonstrated integrity and honesty while interacting with guest, team members and mangers.
• Prepared orders within 2-3 minutes time frame.
• Assembled food orders while maintaining appropriate portion control.
• Verified that prepared food met all standards for quality and quantity.
• Placed food trays over food warmers foe immediate service or stored them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
• Followed food safety procedures according to company policies and health and sanitation regulations.
• Stored food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage and cross contamination.
• Prepped items for later use to save staff time during busy hours
Many Different Job Requirements
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton ONJanuary 12, 2015
Here I learned some very different job skills. They had delivery available so making sure orders got together and were sent out to the right address was not only challenging but very beneficial. Taking orders by phone and over the counter and multi tasking to do all aspects were challenging. I took great pride in being able to maintain Good customer service and quality in doing this job task. Even did the delivery once in awhile myself.
Great, Bright environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: terrible wage
good for people just starting out, but the wage is not competitive for the work. Extremely hard work, but rewarding and great place to work and kill time.
Fun and fast paced.
Cashier (Former Employee), Quinte MallJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: closes at 9 at the latest
Cons: poor management
Working in the mall food court is very fast paced but the hours are good and most of the employees are very friendly.
Chef (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2014
Working under extreme heat caused by machines, to cook, clean, do paperwork, and also involves heavy lifting
Productive fun place to work!
Cook products, Cashier (Former Employee), Delhi, OnDecember 27, 2014
The co-workers and management were great to work with, we were like a second family! Typically a day at work consisted of cooking chicken and dealing with hungry customers! I loved every part of my job.

1 2 3 4 5

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more