This permanent, full-time position entails leading and being hands-on for all shipping, receiving, and warehousing activities in our Burnaby warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor & Head Shipper/Receiver is expected to prioritize the daily activities for the Shippers and Receivers and meet company objectives for the team.
Duties will include: shipping parts, receiving parts, bagging/tagging and putting away parts, communicating with and scheduling carriers, reviewing carrier invoices, communicating with vendors on parts orders, processing parts returns to manufacturers, purchasing warehouse and shipping supplies, producing various warehouse productivity reports, ensuring a clean warehouse, ensuring a efficiently organized warehouse, scheduling waste removal, among others duties.
An ideal candidate would be one that:
- is hands-on and leads people by example;
- has a career that is on the rise in the field of warehouse management;
- is conscientious about their work and thrives on continuous improvement and implementing process
- can adapt quickly to change and would like to join a company that is in growth-mode;
- has sufficient relevant work experience and is able to effectively lead a small, growing warehouse team; and
- has some degree of technical computer savvy.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Our goal is to attract, develop, and retain employees with exceptional ability and potential.