KEV Group is the leader in accounting and payment processing software and related applications for the K-12 School Market across North America. Throughout our 15 year history, we have helped and currently serve almost 6,000 schools manage the cash that comes in from parents. Our applications will help reduce fraud and provide great convenience for teachers, parents and school administration. We are expanding quickly, come help us build our business….
We are looking for someone who is: A self starter, methodical, creative and hard working.
- You possess a love of shipping great software
- Modern C# skills. We love the latest .NET technologies, including nuget, ASP.NET/MVC, Linq, EntityFramework, lambda expressions, WCF, Rhino Mocks, moq, ReSharper
- Previous experience with reporting languages, such as Crystal Reports, Telerik Reports or Micro Strategy
- An understanding of software architecture and design principles. You understand that overall velocity is tied to code quality and maintainability
- Solid UI skills. You have what it takes to be able to work with a designer to make things responsive and look good. You aren’t afraid of HTML5
- Work well in a team. We expect you to use continuous integration, write tests, track velocity, attend daily stand-up, weekly iteration planning, and participate in the process of continuous improvement
- Refactoring ability. Much of our work is with existing, legacy projects. We practice techniques to refactor existing code to make it more testable as necessary
- Minimum 3years of developer experience
- You’ve worked as a software developer in some fashion – professionally, personally, or for an open source project
- Worked around projects that involved reporting languages and knows how to design effective reports
- You have practice writing unit tests, integration tests, or some other automated testing
- A degree (or working toward one) in computer science or a related field, or comparable experience
Desirable Background and Skills
- Understanding of online payments
- Experience with the education sector
- Solid grasp of accounting principles
- Reporting technologies
- Can work under tight deadlines
- Working as a member of the engineering team, you will be expected to debug, analyze, and write software to satisfy business requirements
Participate in our code review process
Indeed - 10 months ago
KEV Group is the leader in school cash management software for the K-12 School Market across North America. Throughout our 17-year history,...