DevOps Engineer/Systems Administrator
KEV Group is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer/Systems Administrator for our Mississauga office. As part of our team you would be responsible for the uptime and performance of our high traffic websites, supporting developer, QA and end users as well as running IT for the office.
- Able to operate independently with little supervision
- Knowledge of performance monitoring tools and best practices (CDN, SQL optimization, caching, etc.)
- Experience with tasks automation
- Knowledge of Active Directory, GPO, IIS
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2003/2005/2008, Windows 7
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
- A degree (or working toward one) in computer science or a related field
- Experience with system administration specializing in web hosting environments
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (PowerShell, Perl, VBScript, UNIX shell)
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA, MCSE, MCSM, MOS, MCTS, MCITP)
- Programming experience in any applicable language
- Knowledge of UNIX / Linux
- Knowledge of the Microsoft web stack, including IIS 7 / 7.5
- Understanding of HTTP and TCP/IP
- Understanding of load balancing concepts and some experience with either load balancing software or load balancing appliance hardware
- Knowledge of IT security principles and tools (Antivirus, IDS/IPS, vulnerability and penetration test)
- Familiar with online payments and PCI Security Standards
- Deploy, manage and support hosted web applications and databases
- Manage and support application monitoring solutions for hosting servers
- Programmatically automate DevOps, implementation, reports and monitoring tasks
- Provide operational support of production, QA and development environments.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of zero-downtime production pushes.
- Provide production support for applications and infrastructure (on-call rotation)
- Install and manage computers and virtual machines for workstation or server use
- Active Directory management (account creation/deletion, group memberships, GPO, etc.)
- IIS web site management, software installation
- Manage remote production web servers and administer the organization’s SQL databases and their corresponding systems
- Executes daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance tasks, monitoring application performance, backups to disk, replication and data restore, creating and granting logins and support procedures of supported SQL-based infrastructure systems
- Creates standard periodic and ad hoc reports/queries for clients & internal staff as requested
- Assist with examination and performance-tuning of existing SQL databases
About KEV Group
KEV Group is an international company that specializes in the management and security of school funds. KEV Group has continued to grow and address new client needs since our founding almost two decades ago as a pioneer in managing school funds. Our flagship product, School Cash Accounting, has consistently set the industry standard for school cash management.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
KEV Group is the leader in school cash management software for the K-12 School Market across North America. Throughout our 17-year history,...