KELLERDENALI Construction is seeking an HSE Coordinator to join our Edmonton team. Reporting to the Director of Safety, the HSE Coordinator serves as a liaison between external clients, management, and field staff in matters of compliance to ensure the highest safety standards are achieved. The HSE Coordinator works directly with management to realize improvements in safe work practices and procedures while coordinating with operations to ensure accurate and timely completion of required site documentation.
- Reinforce a safety culture through safety education training, risk assessment, and compliance programs.
- Research OH&S legislation, including new legislation, to ensure health and safety management system is compliant.
- Monitor and analyze safety trends and aid in the implementation of programs to ensure a safe workplace for all employees.
- Review and improve upon the hazard recognition, assessment, and control program.
- Communicate Company and industry hazard alerts to all employees.
- Participate in incident investigations and provide root cause analysis for preventative actions.
- Plan and conduct health and safety meetings as required.
- Direct internal safety training and orientations
- Coordinate testing of the emergency response plan
- 5+ years of experience in a direct safety role in the construction industry.
- Maintain COR Auditor status
- Experience in maintaining compliance programs including ISNet and PICS.
- Base knowledge of OH&S legislation, regulation, code and industry best practices.
- Completion of client safety pre-qualifications
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- NCSO designation.
- Certified COR Auditor in good standing.
- Standard first aid, CPR C + AED.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- WCB Claims management.
- Train the trainer certifications.
- Travel will be required.
Indeed - 7 months ago