KBR

KBR Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
IRON WORKER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2015
good benefits, awesome management, enjoyable peers, lots of room for learning and advancements. The most difficult part of the job was probably when the job came to an end. Truly a nice place to work
A great work atmosphere
Second Year Welder (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good pay and good hours
Cons: hard to get there by bus
I thought it was a great place to work . Management was fare and employees where great to work with . I learned a lot in the time I worked there.
Focused and Relaxed
General Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: 3 breaks a day made the work a lot easier
Cons: the yard was extremely muddy when the snow melts
Every morning we started off with stretches which got us warmed up for our day.Then our foreman would brief us on the tasks for the day and send us in partners to conduct tasks. Throughout the day he would check on us and discuss our progress and make sure we were on the right track. My coworkers were very helpful on my first day and taught me how to do my job properly and efficiently. I'd say the hardest part of the job lifting the heavier materials but I always had the help of my coworkers if something was ever to heavy. The funnest part of the job for me was working in the scaffold yard and learning all the different pieces.
A good company to work for,good earnings,and management that helped out with employee needs...
Laborer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good money, lodging
Cons: food
A typical day at work,was interesting each and every day.of As a laborer it was never the same,which I found to be really good.I learned alot more about ground work and the proper construction,and the labor involved in constructing Gabion Baskets..Management was always helpful with personal matters and they kept us informed of tasks that had to be completed in the priority of importance...I worked with a diverse crew of laborers,and it was very interesting getting to know about different cultures,we all worked well together...The hardest part of the Job was the weather at times,and the travel to and from the job site...The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet alot of new and interesting people,as well as the rewards and the salary that we earned....
really fast pace
Insulator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Basically everyday starting my shift i open up the trailers whenever i get a order i pull out the boxes and stock themm outside in the pallet and sometimes trucks come in full of metal materials and insulation so i unload them and store them inside the trailer.
Great Company
Hand Welder (Former Employee), Aurora Mine Re-Location, Ft.McmurrayJanuary 17, 2015
Great Company to work for, positive attitude. The only thing, negative was there was quick adavancement for workers to foremans etc. who didn't deserve it.
Good place to work, awesome guys and good salary
full time B-pressure and CWB welder (Former Employee), Suncore ForthillsDecember 2, 2014
Good company and crew. Close to a nice camp. No complaints here.
Great Company to work for - Respectful
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 19, 2014
Enjoyed all my years working for KBR, treated me like a family. I learned alot of my skills here, co-workers and management are great.

Has it Pros and Cons - I'm not gonna list them as everyone has their own preferences
Fine
Mod Yard Foreman (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 18, 2014
Things were well organized.Shifts were good and hours are very flexaible.
Love scaffolding
Scaffolder (Former Employee), Fort macmurrayJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: danger
I love Scaffolding whether it is building it or teaching it Have worked with all these companies through the years to give exact dates this would be 20 pages long
Great people, bad company
HSE Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABJune 27, 2014
Never work here, never pay on time....great people though. But KBR got kicked off the site at surmount 1, lots of people out of work
Project Orientated
Super User (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: long hours
I learnt many skills and had multiple career opportunities while I was employed at KBR. The company had monthly town hall meetings where the employees where able to hear the updates of the company and be able to give our feedback.
lots of lunches on company and free items given out
Superintendent (Former Employee), Fort MacMurrayMarch 11, 2014
Pros: lunches and gifts
Cons: superintendents not given time to go over days workload
go over client plans
I can work with most people
great
great
keeping everyone focused
having a great day
Good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: yes free lunch
Cons: weather, looking for metals in and under the snow.
Pretty fun and great people to work with, i enjoyed the environment, the people made my day go by faster and with joy, and i really enjoyed driving the fork lift around the yard helping unload, and reload the deck of the ware house.The most enjoyable part about my job would have to just be the hours i was getting and the time i was able to show of my skills as a laborer that's young and ready to work hard.
Good Place to work
Administrative Manifest Specialist/ Archivist (Former Employee), KuwaitSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free transport
Cons: long hours
I learn a lot doing Manifest Archiving ,Meet and Greet and Doing more report at the same time, I learned how to work in Multi Task.
Good opportunity to work for this company.
Manager (Current Employee), KosovoSeptember 2, 2013
I'm very happy I had a chance to work to work for this company.
Good Company, active Management
Planner & Scheduler (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCAugust 14, 2013
Pros: very knowledgeable management
Cons: short term assignment.
This was a short term assignment to prepare a bid schedule with an estimate.
KBR Wabi
Workface Planning Admin (Current Employee), fort mckay albertaMay 21, 2013
Excellent company for learning potential.
Tight knit Team environment
Great communication
Great experience
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2013
I was hired as a temporary Admin Specialist for a Suncor shutdown. Great experience that can be taken to any company.
OK place to work.
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Edmonton ABApril 25, 2013
Pros: have the odd free meal.
Cons: very little overtime.
Muddy yard, Parking OK. Stretch before work morning and after dinner OK..
Management about average.
Guys were alright to work with.

About KBR

KBR, Inc. (KBR) is an engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, petrochemicals, government services, – Read more