KBR Employee Reviews

Very productive
Civil Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2017
It was a great experience, Lots of activities happening at the same time and this required a lot of coordination to make things happen, we depended a lot on good weather and made the most of the good days. Other trades were good to deal with.
Pros
Close to home
Hr
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 October 2017
The HR management staff that i had worked with do have his job commitment. Working in oil and sand industrial must come with commitment and safety culture which every one of us must have.
Well rounded company
Assistant Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 October 2017
KBR believes in life balance and treats all employees as individuals. Safety and job satisfaction are number one priority. Company provided benefits are an extra bonus.
Very friendly staff and looked after workers safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2017
I worked with this company for 8 months and really enjoyed it there. Its always difficult with a job comes to and end and you get laid off. I wish to get back with them in the near future or a company that treats their employees as they did.
Pros
employee benefits and safe work environment
Cons
not enough work for full time
A great company to work in, very diverse and professional
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kuwait30 August 2017
I have worked for KBR for more than 8 years, it is a gas and construction company to support the American army overseas, and it is very diverse and teaches you different perspectives from different people from around the world, it is long hours though but what makes it bearable is the high professionalism of its employees and their kind background that makes you forget the hours worked, loved every day
Pros
Free accommodation, food and transportation, vaactions are every 4 months
Cons
long hours, and only one day off
20 of my best years
Journeyman "B" Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
20 of my best years were with KBR, I started my apprenticeship with KBR and became a full fledged Journeyman Welder with KBR. Trained by some of the best individuals.
Limited experience working here.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2017
Very professional culture. I enjoyed working with a top tier team who were truly experts in the construction sector. It was a learning experience of a lifetime.
Pros
A lot of responsibility.
Cons
No advancement.
Site Services Supervisor
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2017
Professional Organization. Like KBR's policies and procedures. They treat employees well. Working with good supervisors and workers. Provide training and steady work.
Daily activites
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
Modular construction consisting of various types of materials. Good mix of structural and mechanical inspections. Walk downs and deficiency lists, consumable controls are good.
Pros
Good people
Journeyman Ironworker (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB28 July 2017
Great company to work for being able to return home every 14 days to visit with family. Supervisors are pleasant to work with and work keps us busy while away from home.
Pros
allowance for travel home
Cons
Exciting and challenging enviroment full of positivie energy people all working towards the same goal
JOURNEYMAN STEAMFITTER (Current Employee) –  alberta27 July 2017
A environment where co-workers fell more like friends and work is made fun yet challenging making everyday enjoyable. The safety culture is among the best I've seen in the industry.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
hot days, cold nights
Pretty Good
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 July 2017
Good management and well organized. Job was camp based, 10 hour shifts, competitive salary. Tools were always readily available, and morale was good overall.
great place ... GF was horrible
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 July 2017
great bunch of workers though... very good safety environment there....poor camps though viruses going around .... gross...good lunches and dinners....
Awesome work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2017
I did all and almost everything possible. Shipping and receiving. Worked on the computer completing orders to going to the bank and handling check. Picking up and dropping off tools. Took inventory.
all work no play
Structural Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB1 July 2017
camp job. 14/7 shifts money was good but no life outside of work. i would hop on another camp job with this company in the future. management at times were just going back and forth and leading us workers in circles.
i enjoyed working for this company
Accounting Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC22 June 2017
My manager is an awesome woman. She patiently trained her employees with new accounting software and gave us positive guidance. She cares about her employees.
good overall work experience
Ironworker/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB6 June 2017
A good overall work experience,

- good qualified and fair supervision and most upper management
-great coworkers at the time
-good working conditions
Working at a Camp site
Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cigar Lake Mine, SK3 June 2017
The camp setting was good great food /people and entertainment.Working with the mining as well as the Surface construction was a great experience. great managers and love working and training the Northerners who were like sponges as they were being taught new ways and ideas.

I then proceed to start my own company(JH Safety Services ltd) and work for Director of Safety at the same site Cigar Lake/ Rabbit Lake.I use to travel a few days a week between sites. The Safety Director was Wayne Anderson from the Saskatoon office . He was also a great Mentor / advisor.Working as Safety Manager/ Coordinator and field advisor.The Cigar lake Project was over 2 billion dollars and we achieved the project without any major Safety Injuries,with sometimes 10-12 different contractors.
I have always been on the Construction Management Team for the past 6 years.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long Days
Oppertunities, Travel, Benefits
Technical Professional Leader (Former Employee) –  Multiple on site locations3 June 2017
The main priority is safety on every job. No craftsman or manger will last very long in this organization if he or she does not put safety first. Every project has rewards but none so greater than no one getting seriously injured. Quality and production are also highly regarded. Doing the job correctly the first time reduces exposure that could be hazardous in certain situations. Every day on a construction site has changing conditions and challenges to be met. My particular job was working closely with the project engineer writing and resolving RFI's per the engineer's recommendation. Close coordination with the area managers and discipline superintendents in regards to these issues was critical in order to meet schedule requirements. At any rate every challenge is great and stressful at times. You got to love it!
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Was a great company to work for
Iron worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB30 May 2017
while working there I learned more tricks of the trade and grew more into the safety culture. the management went out of their way to ensure the employees were happy.