KBR Employee Reviews in Canada

they had gym to got
Material Specialist / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABMay 9, 2016
I was inspecting materials unloading and loading trucks and trailers ,organizing warehouse,going through paper work,tracking heat numbers materials.
Pros
flights
Cons
away from loved ones
Kbr
Material coordinator / Structural superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 24, 2016
great company to work with , managers are willing to work with you
great people to work with. All tools and equipment you needed to preform your job were made available
Pros
nice camp
Cons
long ride to airport
Good People to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for KBR as a contractor, unfortunately due to the economic downturn is was only for a year and a half.
My days were full working with a great team on tracking cost, progress, change management but it went extremely well with the exception of costs, unfortunately the job was under bid.
The client was extremely satisfied with the quality of the product and how the site was managed, clean and safe.
Pros
People
Cons
Process & Procedure
Bus driver is my dream job
VIP driver (Former Employee) –  Houston,Bosnia and iraqMarch 8, 2016
Like to drive bus,meet people,potentially friends.
Nothing hard to me in this job.
Enjoy to be part of american freedom project in Bosnia and Iraq.
Learn many things,meet many different nations,etc.
Ready to work additional jobs.
Really hard worker all my life,and still like this jobs.
My dream is move with my wife in Canada,really specific country,popular in the world.
My wife also work for KBR,administrative jobs,materials and procurement department.
great work enviroment
Side Boom Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 24, 2016
14-7 schedule
great working crews
good management.
GF's knew their job.
Not bad equipment to work with.
Nice camp and living conditions
Very positive safety culture
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 14, 2015
Positive work environment with lots of room for advancement. Very good safety culture. Provide on site training for any and every type of training needed.
great company to work for
Pipefitter Leadhand (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BCMarch 5, 2015
Good management very well organized jobs. knowledgeable tradesman and everyone got along very good. Safety is top priority which is important to me
great place to work
IRON WORKER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2015
good benefits, awesome management, enjoyable peers, lots of room for learning and advancements. The most difficult part of the job was probably when the job came to an end. Truly a nice place to work
A great work atmosphere
Second Year Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
I thought it was a great place to work . Management was fare and employees where great to work with . I learned a lot in the time I worked there.
Pros
good pay and good hours
Cons
hard to get there by bus
Focused and Relaxed
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 21, 2015
Every morning we started off with stretches which got us warmed up for our day.Then our foreman would brief us on the tasks for the day and send us in partners to conduct tasks. Throughout the day he would check on us and discuss our progress and make sure we were on the right track. My coworkers were very helpful on my first day and taught me how to do my job properly and efficiently. I'd say the hardest part of the job lifting the heavier materials but I always had the help of my coworkers if something was ever to heavy. The funnest part of the job for me was working in the scaffold yard and learning all the different pieces.
Pros
3 breaks a day made the work a lot easier
Cons
the yard was extremely muddy when the snow melts
A good company to work for,good earnings,and management that helped out with employee needs...
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work,was interesting each and every day.of As a laborer it was never the same,which I found to be really good.I learned alot more about ground work and the proper construction,and the labor involved in constructing Gabion Baskets..Management was always helpful with personal matters and they kept us informed of tasks that had to be completed in the priority of importance...I worked with a diverse crew of laborers,and it was very interesting getting to know about different cultures,we all worked well together...The hardest part of the Job was the weather at times,and the travel to and from the job site...The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet alot of new and interesting people,as well as the rewards and the salary that we earned....
Pros
good money, lodging
Cons
food
really fast pace
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Basically everyday starting my shift i open up the trailers whenever i get a order i pull out the boxes and stock themm outside in the pallet and sometimes trucks come in full of metal materials and insulation so i unload them and store them inside the trailer.
Great Company
Hand Welder (Former Employee) –  Aurora Mine Re-Location, Ft.McmurrayJanuary 17, 2015
Great Company to work for, positive attitude. The only thing, negative was there was quick adavancement for workers to foremans etc. who didn't deserve it.
Good place to work, awesome guys and good salary
full time B-pressure and CWB welder (Former Employee) –  Suncore ForthillsDecember 2, 2014
Good company and crew. Close to a nice camp. No complaints here.
Great Company to work for - Respectful
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 19, 2014
Enjoyed all my years working for KBR, treated me like a family. I learned alot of my skills here, co-workers and management are great.

Has it Pros and Cons - I'm not gonna list them as everyone has their own preferences
Fine
Mod Yard Foreman (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 18, 2014
Things were well organized.Shifts were good and hours are very flexaible.
Love scaffolding
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort macmurrayJuly 15, 2014
I love Scaffolding whether it is building it or teaching it Have worked with all these companies through the years to give exact dates this would be 20 pages long
Pros
good pay
Cons
danger
Great people, bad company
HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABJune 27, 2014
Never work here, never pay on time....great people though. But KBR got kicked off the site at surmount 1, lots of people out of work
Project Orientated
Super User (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2014
I learnt many skills and had multiple career opportunities while I was employed at KBR. The company had monthly town hall meetings where the employees where able to hear the updates of the company and be able to give our feedback.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lots of lunches on company and free items given out
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurrayMarch 11, 2014
go over client plans
I can work with most people
great
great
keeping everyone focused
having a great day
Pros
lunches and gifts
Cons
superintendents not given time to go over days workload

4.2