KBR Employee Reviews

Great company and some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to work with
Senior Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2016
I worked two high profile projects with KBR. Both very challenging yet the teams assembled to manage these projects were probably the best in their field so all challenges met and overcome. Both were TBM jobs and on both, KBR had no recorded accidents! A great safety culture embraced by all.
Pros
Good team support good client engagement. Salary was excellent as was the WLB.
Cons
A little less support from HO management but that allowed for a litlle creativity...
job competeted
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 August 2016
Was very interesting and enjoyed my job . Company get to work for .

Had great co-workers. Most enjoyable job,

My position and responsibilities Contracts Administrator. Management was very understanding.
Pros
excellent
Cons
enjoyed working, the camp /fly in fly out
before economic downturn was a company that provided opportunity
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
KBR offered great opportunity to grow before the economy made a turn for the worse. Great Benefits and most of the other staff were great to work with
A good experienced company
Water Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Kosovo1 December 2016
A good experienced company that gave me the knowledge of team working, multi tasking, become a leader and many more things
Pros
Great on many ways
Cons
NA
Good People to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 April 2016
I enjoyed working for KBR as a contractor, unfortunately due to the economic downturn is was only for a year and a half.
My days were full working with a great team on tracking cost, progress, change management but it went extremely well with the exception of costs, unfortunately the job was under bid.
The client was extremely satisfied with the quality of the product and how the site was managed, clean and safe.
Pros
People
Cons
Process & Procedure
Bus driver is my dream job
VIP driver (Former Employee) –  Houston,Bosnia and iraq8 March 2016
Like to drive bus,meet people,potentially friends.
Nothing hard to me in this job.
Enjoy to be part of american freedom project in Bosnia and Iraq.
Learn many things,meet many different nations,etc.
Ready to work additional jobs.
Really hard worker all my life,and still like this jobs.
My dream is move with my wife in Canada,really specific country,popular in the world.
My wife also work for KBR,administrative jobs,materials and procurement department.
they had gym to got
Material Specialist / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB9 May 2016
I was inspecting materials unloading and loading trucks and trailers ,organizing warehouse,going through paper work,tracking heat numbers materials.
Pros
flights
Cons
away from loved ones
Kbr
Material coordinator / Structural superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 April 2016
great company to work with , managers are willing to work with you
great people to work with. All tools and equipment you needed to preform your job were made available
Pros
nice camp
Cons
long ride to airport
great work enviroment
Side Boom Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 February 2016
14-7 schedule
great working crews
good management.
GF's knew their job.
Not bad equipment to work with.
Nice camp and living conditions
great hours, lots of overtime, good co-workers.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2015
the hours were great at this company, lots of overtime. very wise and knowledgeable journeymen that were not shy of sharing their experiences and knowledge.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
the compy no longer exits
Great onsite management, busy, hands on, interactive work place
Senior Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 November 2015
Warehouse was a great place to work with good balance of hands on manual work and data entry work. Manager was great person who cared about his employees.
fun place to work
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB4 November 2015
good company to work for good safety team have no complaints working for them it was a good time and worked with some intersting people
Pros
nice tools
Cons
weird brakes
Focused and Relaxed
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta21 February 2015
Every morning we started off with stretches which got us warmed up for our day.Then our foreman would brief us on the tasks for the day and send us in partners to conduct tasks. Throughout the day he would check on us and discuss our progress and make sure we were on the right track. My coworkers were very helpful on my first day and taught me how to do my job properly and efficiently. I'd say the hardest part of the job lifting the heavier materials but I always had the help of my coworkers if something was ever to heavy. The funnest part of the job for me was working in the scaffold yard and learning all the different pieces.
Pros
3 Breaks a day made the work a lot easier
Cons
The yard was extremely muddy when the snow melts
A good company to work for,good earnings,and management that helped out with employee needs...
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 January 2015
A typical day at work,was interesting each and every day.of As a laborer it was never the same,which I found to be really good.I learned alot more about ground work and the proper construction,and the labor involved in constructing Gabion Baskets..Management was always helpful with personal matters and they kept us informed of tasks that had to be completed in the priority of importance...I worked with a diverse crew of laborers,and it was very interesting getting to know about different cultures,we all worked well together...The hardest part of the Job was the weather at times,and the travel to and from the job site...The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet alot of new and interesting people,as well as the rewards and the salary that we earned....
Pros
Good Money, Lodging
Cons
Food
Good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2014
Pretty fun and great people to work with, i enjoyed the environment, the people made my day go by faster and with joy, and i really enjoyed driving the fork lift around the yard helping unload, and reload the deck of the ware house.The most enjoyable part about my job would have to just be the hours i was getting and the time i was able to show of my skills as a laborer that's young and ready to work hard.
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
weather, looking for metals in and under the snow.
not the best corporate culture I have ever experienced
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Alberta8 December 2013
Unfortunately there is far too much American influence in KBR. Positions are given to Americans simply because KBR is an American company notwithstanding there are many qualified individuals in Canada that could fill those positions. The American work culture is different than Canada, in Canada respect is earned not demanded. It was put to me once that we Canadians are viewed as nothing more than Mexicans with hoodies....good analogy.
Pros
good money
Cons
could care less about their workers
Productive and fun work place with MWR
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  any where24 September 2012
it was my pleasure to work with KBR everyday it was interesting to do the job in safe mode
i have learned a lot from this company how to manage the job how to lead and team work
Management was really good they was treating us equally with no doubt
the Co workers they was good, always we was helping each other to do the job safe and in time
it wasn't really hard part of the job we was following the orders from the management
the most enjoyable part of the job was end of the week to sign ours working hours
Pros
it was good time for breakfast, lunch, diner
Cons
long hours it was some time in case to finish the job on time
Not too fair
Administrative Assistant, HVAC Department (Former Employee) –  Camp Anaconda, Balad, Iraq12 May 2012
The company offers constant training to update the personnel's capability to cope up with the demands, but jealousy among races kills competition getting to the top. It is a challenge getting close to the people who are in power to overlook where you from and get promoted, but never it happened there. The only thing you can be thankful about is somehow there are some who cares even they cannot do anything.
Pros
generous trainings and commendations
Cons
no promotion
KBR was one of the best company I ever had the opportunity to work with.
Accounting Manager - Canada Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2012
A typical day at work was challenging and full of fun. What ever I have learnt is because of their University which help you solve and figure out all the problems that comes across. They had a good management and my co-workers always worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was meeting the month end Schedule and my most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet those Schedules and in time producing the reports that the management wanted to see.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Great people to work with!
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Staurn 1 B.C Canada13 March 2013
I was a Site/Civil services G.F. Daily routine(s) were to assign cleaners, laborers, equip. operators daily assignments. We were a support group for entire site. Great co-workers and enjoyed the day-day challenges that come with the job. I was also responsible to deal with Hertz rentals with equip. issues as well as demands. Delat with the materials dept. daily for site fuel needs etc.
Pros
camp job, close to site, paid flights
Cons
hours were getting cut.

4.2